Is there a good reason for leaving carcasses laying around with minimal visual representation they have looted?

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Question as per subject. Sometimes changes are made in EU that impede playability or fail to address the limitations of online gaming without any clear reason what benefit they bring. This appears to be one of them.

Is there a good reason for this change?

It's annoying as hell, there better be a damn good reason for it:mad:

I gues they wanted to remove the bots at carabok spawn

Only reason I can possibly think of is a Butchering type profession coming into game where carcasses get skinned etc. but that would just kill off hunting loot even more so I'm clueless :scratch2:

I'm hunting Feffox atm and it's a pain in the ass when the dead mobs are bigger than me. Good luck to those that take part in the Migration with the Longtooth and Eomon carcasses all over the place :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Only reason I can possibly think of is a Butchering type profession coming into game where carcasses get skinned etc. but that would just kill off hunting loot even more so I'm clueless :scratch2:

I'm hunting Feffox atm and it's a pain in the ass when the dead mobs are bigger than me. Good luck to those that that part in the Migration with the Longtooth and Eomon carcasses all over the place :rolleyes:

Yeah migration will be fun huh?

Butchering or raise undead... :eyecrazy: Zombie pets! :revive:

Yeah it's "More realistic" but good simulation doesn't always make for good game play, and that's why i asked if there is a "good reason".

Yeah migration will be fun huh?

Butchering or raise undead... :eyecrazy: Zombie pets! :revive:

Yeah it's "More realistic" but good simulation doesn't always make for good game play, and that's why i asked if there is a "good reason".

It doesn't seem fun. Just tried a few mobs. You can't even tell for sure if mob was looted or not.

I don't think it's by design.

well, it was exciting thinking (hoping) you could double loot the mob, right?

3 words - revert the change.

This is making my hunting less enjoyable, so I will have to report MA for messing with my gameplay :D

Grinding small mobs is now a PITA indeed as 'Select Next Target' is barely usable.

If (a) 'next target' didn't select carcasses and (b) looting did deselect the current target, this change could be tolerated; but then, perhaps everything that facilitates grinding facilitates botting as well.

This is making my hunting less enjoyable, so I will have to report MA for messing with my gameplay :D

Just report those carcasses, one support case for each, coordinates, timestamp and all that :D

3 words - revert the change.

I sure hope they will, and another change the kiddy menus that just looks like some kid with no sense of esthetics made it and the stupid font/linebreaks that make the chats contain half the info they used too...

or at least make it optional if it's such a huge problem for majority

I doubt very much anything will be changed back as MA has decided to do this and have paid a coder to do it .

Grinding small mobs is now a PITA indeed as 'Select Next Target' is barely usable.

If (a) 'next target' didn't select carcasses and (b) looting did deselect the current target, this change could be tolerated; but then, perhaps everything that facilitates grinding facilitates botting as well.

Yeah it could be this is a really weird way to reduce botting. I just want to know if that's the reason. If they have a good reason, that's fine, but it seems to be an arbitrary change that reduces playability, especially for people with a lot of lag and dropped packets (i.e. in the US).

I think MA wants a new player base which does not include us.... I really see no other explanation for the non-disappearing corpses, unless this 1/2 done upgrade will somehow blow us away with graphical amazement when they complete this change to game play..... I am just going to not bother hunting until this corpse project is completed, being I gave up on mining a long time ago and I am not much of a crafter, I really have no idea why I would log in....

Geez guys you would think this is the apoCALYpse :laugh:

Firstly these dead mobs stay for 30 seconds after being looted ( tested) so that is really not some game changer!

Secondly, We very likely have a new feature/game system coming soon :yay: How is that a bad thing lol?

Possible reasons include:

- as Nadie noted, a skinning/mob resource gathering mechanic, possibly with new skills, proff, tools and all

- dead pets .. Options to revive fallen pets and or load/unload loot loot from them before losing them to storage or the pens or whatever

- functionality of pets to loot mobs for you (possibly a skill for the pets involved)

- as killahbee noted this could also be an anti-bottling logic .. I see this as more as an added benefit tho, reason being is MA has stated that more info will become visible on these dead mobs after next VU so they clearly have something new in the works ;)

I see progress, not "The worst thing to ever happen to EU" :lolup:

I do however share the sentiments about the next target problems ( I am a big fan of that myself) as well as the annoying hp bar doesn't close/lose focus after looting...

Well these were the possible explanations off the top of my head could be others as well

-008 :cool:

I'm hunting Feffox atm and it's a pain in the ass when the dead mobs are bigger than me. Good luck to those that take part in the Migration with the Longtooth and Eomon carcasses all over the place :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought, have fun at Eomon Stalker (Shared) ... Wow I can't really see a reason for this change as well (do not try to fix what is not broken <--------- ? )

I hope there won't be a butchering profession, and if there is please let it be a completely free profession because I do not see how it would work otherwise... Less hunting loot in the loot window until u are forced to butcher the animal for animal hide? :p Ow god.....

maybe if we are all staring at mob carcasses we wont notice the loot :p

Firstly these dead mobs stay for 30 seconds after being looted ( tested) so that is really not some game changer!

Secondly, We very likely have a new feature/game system coming soon :yay: How is that a bad thing lol?

- as Nadie noted, a skinning/mob resource gathering mechanic, possibly with new skills, proff, tools and all

- dead pets .. Options to revive fallen pets and or load/unload loot loot from them before losing them to storage or the pens or whatever

- functionality of pets to loot mobs for you (possibly a skill for the pets involved)

- as killahbee noted this could also be an anti-bottling logic .. I see this as more as an added benefit tho, reason being is MA has stated that more info will become visible on these dead mobs after next VU so they clearly have something new in the works ;)

I do however share the sentiments about the next target problems ( I am a big fan of that myself) as well as the annoying hp bar doesn't close/lose focus after looting...

Well these were the possible explanations off the top of my head could be others as well

I hope you are correct. I can deal with transitional changes that have a purpose. But if this is the case why cant MA communicate a little and say so?

pretty much a headscratcher for me ...either way

I don't like it. I prefer my mobs vanishing once I have looted them.

Why are the clothing and texture bugs still not fixed!

Could it be a misguided attempt at reducing server resources?

Really, if I stretch myself to think "out of the box" (and into ... a stranger box?), I could dream up a scenario where all avatars in range gets a notification "this mob is dead", then once looted it gets updated only for the looter to "looted" while at the server side put on a list to be "reaped" at a later time.

Such "reaping" isn't all too uncommon, especially as it can both increase total throughput and avoid potential deadlocks in multi-threaded scenarios. But how on earth allowing a 30s delay from "looted" to broadcast-to-area "remove mob n" could reduce server load in this scenario is beyond me.

Perhaps they try to reduce server-load by trying to slow down draw-speeds (read: introduce lag) and therefore interaction-speed by avatars in an area? :)

This is even better than loot theories!
Dead pets? there are no pets!
Skinning mobs? hahaha funny

this was just a stupid idea someone had, there are no extra skills, or dead pets.
Just take it as it is, dont make up ghost stories

I think wow is this way with the skinning and such. Mobs auto disappear when there isn't any loot.

Seems like some of the developers have been playing world of war craft perhaps?

No more argo and aurli !!!! piles. :(

MA: This was the best way to decrease stability of the game (by adding additional stuff that you don't need, but it eats up a part of the system resources and is quite annoying).
Players: But we wanted an increased stability.
MA: Soz, maybe next year :)

Question as per subject. Sometimes changes are made in EU that impede playability or fail to address the limitations of online gaming without any clear reason what benefit they bring. This appears to be one of them.

Like I wrote in an other reply - I think it is in preparation to taming, so you will have in specific cases an extra right click option of "tame" in addition to "loot".

The mini-patch notes just said that targeting is removed from corpses.

So no, it was not an attempt to discourage next-target bots.

I guess MA wants to wait 30 seconds after killing each mob, seeing they are swimming in money and the withdrawals are taking just 3 hours.

But hey... MA has great plans for sure, like reviving that mob with a cool lag-inducing animation to bite your arse while your screen is frozen :)

Like I wrote in an other reply - I think it is in preparation to taming, so you will have in specific cases an extra right click option of "tame" in addition to "loot".

That would imply taming is going to be greatly reduced in complexity. Let us hope not...

Apparently bot prevention was not the intention, anyway: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?256205-VU-14-4-Mini-Patch ETA: bit too slow. :)

PS now that i've been in-game i have to say it didn't bother me at all. It was, as someone pointed out, almost exactly how it used to be back before VU 9ish.

This is even better than loot theories!
Dead pets? there are no pets!
Skinning mobs? hahaha funny

this was just a stupid idea someone had, there are no extra skills, or dead pets.
Just take it as it is, dont make up ghost stories

You have no idea what is coming in the future.. just being a regular melodramatic bash boy. At least the guy you were bashing was trying to come up with reasons that they could be putting in these changes.

Only fault I am giving mind ark is they don't have a roadmap that we can then use to eliminate the guess work that you are very adamant about bashing.

Back