FYI: We Need A Portable Auctioneer

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
I need a portable Auctioneer and I'm willing to pay to use it.

I understand the need to have a physical auctioneer that everyone has to go to a service center to use. I understand why its important for people to mingle among each other at the service centers. I understand why Force Nexus, Sweat, and ME prices depend on people using TP chips to get back to a service center.

There are no shortage of people who need access to the auction to check on this or that while they are out and about doing things in EU.

I have no problem paying 1 PEC decay every time I cause the Portable Auctioneer (L) to load a page of items. The Portable Auctioneer (L) should be view only so as to maintain balance on social interaction as well as TP chip usage.

It should be crafted.. maybe loot a handful of unlimited versions to hunters, maybe more depending on demand.

What will end up happening is that more people with PEDs to spend will be spending more time browsing the auction looking for one thing or another while out doing what they do. People often want to check the auctions for something and this will let them do that wherever they are at. Usually the thought comes up while out in the middle of a hunting or mining run, then at the end of that run it gets forgotten about.

More eyes on the auction means that overall more things will be sold thus helping the economy as a whole. They still will need to go to a service center to place a bid, buy something, retrieve something, list an item for sale, place or fill an order.. etc.

More often then not, when a person sells an item, a large part of the PED from that finds its way into the loot system. An economy that consumes more is able to cycle ped faster. How many people have ever waited for something to sell before they went to hunt, mine, or craft? How many have waited for something to sell so they can buy something else? So with that point, it can be argued that not having a Portable Auctioneer is hurting the overall game economy.

Enabling things to be sold faster, by putting more eyes on auction, allows people who need that PED to get out and go do what they do.

Supply creates demand and this would bring knowledge of that supply to everyone more easily.

Last edited:
And what it will look like? A mini guy that you put in your pocket?
idea seems cool, but it should be strange

It's good that someone is thinking of these things. I mean we already have a portable repair or tt terminal so it is worthwhile considering...

I still think though we need to consider these not as individual ideas but how they may fit into the bigger scheme of things.

MA have already introduced the virtual tycoon app for android devices which allows people to access the auction and crafting interface while not being ingame at all so why not a portable ingame auction terminal?

As the OP says, easier access to the auction can only help ingame economics. So a :thumbup: from me for the idea :)

can't you use the virtual tycoon app while ingame? anyone try this?

It's good that someone is thinking of these things. I mean we already have a portable repair or tt terminal so it is worthwhile considering...

I still think though we need to consider these not as individual ideas but how they may fit into the bigger scheme of things.

Very happy to have the portable repair and TT terminal in my inventory...... love it so having the auction would be nice as well IMO

Just tested this .

Your right , cant log into app when logged into game.

oh well ...

Very happy to have the portable repair and TT terminal in my inventory...... love it so having the auction would be nice as well IMO

Why stop there? Why not go all the way and include society terminal & even teleport terminal :) furthermore could maybe have all these combined into one? Also some additional features that we never had terminals for could included e.g. ped flow centre terminal, player finder terminal, event finder terminal (this could include player and official events) etc

And what it will look like? A mini guy that you put in your pocket?

Well, it could look like an iPad. If all that it does is let you view whats already in auction, there is no reason for it to look like anything different. With that said, i really dont care what it looks like.

Why stop there? Why not go all the way and include society terminal & even teleport terminal :) furthermore could maybe have all these combined into one? Also some additional features that we never had terminals for could included e.g. ped flow centre terminal, player finder terminal, event finder terminal (this could include player and official events) etc

They did try personal revive before...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ival-Terminals&p=169797&viewfull=1#post169797

As far as auction goes, as already mentioned, just use the virtual tycoon app. How hard is it to log off, log in there, buy whatever, then log out again and continue your hunting/mining/space exploration/exploiting/whatever wherever you are.

They did try personal revive before...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ival-Terminals&p=169797&viewfull=1#post169797

As far as auction goes, as already mentioned, just use the virtual tycoon app. How hard is it to log off, log in there, buy whatever, then log out again and continue your hunting/mining/space exploration/exploiting/whatever wherever you are.

It wont work, and completely defeats the purpose.

The only time the virtual tycoon app is helpful is when you are away from your computer.

What I'm talking about is when you are in-game busy with something else and are away from the auctioneer

Use personal craft terminal and open auction from craft interface ;)

First, and no disrespect to MindArk, but Virtual Tycoon in its current state sucks. There are numerous very basic actions involving using the auction that cause it to enter an endless loop while trying to browse listings, and the only solution is to force stop it via the Android app manager. Needless to say, this is not a good remedy while on the go.

Second, I have access to millions of items from anywhere in the real world via apps such as Amazon, eBay, Newegg (all of which are free by the way). Why is it so crazy to be able to access the Entropia market while not in town?

I haven't actually decided whether there should be a mobile auction, but I think the second point above is worth noting.

I would use this when I'm in space and can't see what i need to pick up/relist on auction on different planets.

Just to clarify... I am talking about being able to access the auction while being on the go while in game.

Virtual tycoon, an app that allows you to access the auctions while offline and away from EU is not what I'm talking about but I do share everyone's frustrations with it.

I would use this when I'm in space and can't see what i need to pick up/relist on auction on different planets.

Just think of all the people who complain about there not being this or that item on whatever planet they are on. Traders and people looking for simple opportunities in-game, like what you pointed out, are absolutely vital to making the economy on each planet work smoothly.

MA can do simple things like this that allows people to better and more easily facilitate the basic needs of the game economy.

I'd like to see this ingame, after they fix auction lag :)

MA have already introduced the virtual tycoon app for android devices which allows people to access the auction and crafting interface while not being ingame at all so why not a portable ingame auction terminal?

As the OP says, easier access to the auction can only help ingame economics. So a :thumbup: from me for the idea :)
Useless point, deleted.

No personal craft terminals in auction.

Just to clarify... I am talking about being able to access the auction while being on the go while in game.

Virtual tycoon, an app that allows you to access the auctions while offline and away from EU is not what I'm talking about but I do share everyone's frustrations with it.

Especially when inside lootable pvp, I guess.

There's only about 3 ingame :laugh:

There are more than 3. I have 3 now, I know of one more thats not for sale. Another I missed on auction due to work (auction was set to end during my work hours).

So maybe at least 5 in game.

really, non can be bothered to take the time to go to auctioneer???

I think MA have more important things to do than this, don't give the ideas. I don't like this idea, I don't think its needed, and id rather see MA take time to fix other things in game before adding more stuff like this. Surely you cant be that busy that you cant visit a tp and go check auction.

Soon be no social aspect left in this game, just mindless grind fest, people actually used to hang out at tp's and speak to each other :D

Back