Harassment and abuse in Entropia Universe

ken.ji

Old Alpha
First kenji Forever
Hello.

Yesterday evening I witnessed one of the most unbelievable things I saw in EU. Couldnt imagine there are people capable of something like this. Let me start from the beginning. This player that you will see in my below video was caught on video (on Twitch.tv by Mr Aframo) trapping event Zeladoths mobs and killing them easily with no armor decay and no fappping. He was using Grunt, one of the lowest armor from Entropia Universe while the other hunters are using their best armors to survive on these strong mobs. Searched on twitch. tv the video but seems Mr Aframo deleted it but he can confirm what I wrote above.

After some of the players, that hunt the event mobs, saw what he did and didnt allow him to cheat further he started to act verry bad and make the hunting experience a hell for one player.

This is Kjellings case and I will show what happened.

Yesterday I was away from Planet Cyrene and Kjellings told me he had some bad times with this player on the event mobs. He also said he will need some healing and I decided to come back to Cyrene and help him.

This video show exactly what happened:

''MindArk's Rules of Conduct

AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE THE GENERAL COMMUNITY PRINCIPLES AND RESPECT THE FEELINGS AND RIGHTS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS TO USE THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES.

THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE account RULES OF CONDUCT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.
j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not "cheat" or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.
MindArk reserves the right to modify these Rules of Conduct any time.

YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THESE RULES AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REGISTERED ENTROPIA UNIVERSE ACCOUNT AND THESE SAME RULES APPLY TO ANYBODY YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR ACCOUNT. All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk's forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.''

According to the EULA this is against the rules so will see what MA has to say about it.

i saw afro's video earlier and was like WTF....

and now this action again......

hope he gets perm ban! damn exploiters

ken.ji, you should lodge a support case if you think this player has harrassed or interfered with your gameplay.

This forum is not part of MindArk, so posting your grievance here will not result in any action by MindArk.

Please note forum rule 2.3:
2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

By all means discuss the subject of killstealing, and appropriate behaviour of players in general.
But if this thread is merely about making accusations against another specific player, it will be closed.

Won't get banned as zero information about this "abuse" has been stated. (I think)

On the other hand. MA's statement on "trapping" inside cave has been informed that actions will be taken.

Wasn't long ago one ava got a free Imp smuggler fap from Oratan event due to standing on top of the wall.

Officials from Ark asked the ava to step down. And Ava's respons was "Fuck you".

Did he get to keep the item? Oh yes.
Have ark fixed this problem / will actions be taken against people doing this bug? Ofc not.

Remember this is a RCE game, meaning that YOU as an exploiter can use laws to protect your investments. MA doesn't fix these bugs. These bugs are MA's problems and can be exploited until strict information is given out. (Like the Cave trapping)

Really think those account Liquidation is something MA are doing willingly? Or that the "banned" ava's have taken MA to court to get their investments back?

People should really look back into the history of posts and I think they will open their eyes abit when they discover alot of cheap bugs / exploits have been used to gain a huge advantage. (Like terrain exploit back in the days etc)

Happy hunting.

Serica is you look the video carefully you will see that he didnt harrassed me, I am just the healer. But its my duty to show others what this individual is capable of and I want to see if Mind Ark can take some actions against this type of players that think they can do whatever they want. There were enough videos and proofs about exploting and cheating and MA didnt do much things about it. Sooner or later players will have enough of it.

That is the mistake. Two wrongs don't make a right. Report for trapping and move on. Let MA police the situation.

Report for trapping doesnt help because already was a video about this player and not any action taken agains him. but maybe this video will help more.

Here you go, same guy and the video you were talking about.
doesn't matter if we do the job for ma, they wont care .. :computer:

add the video to first post

Last edited:
Wasn't long ago one ava got a free Imp smuggler fap from Oratan event due to standing on top of the wall.

Not to defend anyone but these statements kinda piss me off, i must ask in what way the imp fap was free?

Didnt the avatar in question shoot and spend ammo like everyone else in order to get loot?

seen that guy traping mobs there, but he was usually stoping when someone was around befor, i quess he change tactic

ye shit happens but noone care

...standing on top of the wall (at Oratan event).

Officials from Ark asked the ava to step down. And Ava's respons was "Fuck you".

Did he get to keep the item? Oh yes.
Have ark fixed this problem / will actions be taken against people doing this bug? Ofc not.

Remember this is a RCE game, meaning that YOU as an exploiter can use laws to protect your investments. MA doesn't fix these bugs. These bugs are MA's problems and can be exploited until strict information is given out. (Like the Cave trapping)

Actually Ark Team along with MA has implemented changes to prevent people from shooting from the walls. When they see someone shooting from the walls, an official avatar will now give people a warning to stop. If they do not leave the walls then Ark Officials have the ability to remove the avatar from the wall, if they come back to the wall again, then they can remove the avatar from the event area.

It would be nice if MA shared how to accomplish this with other planet partners.

MA says openly that trapping is an exploit yet they do almost nothing to fix it and I don't see any evidence of MA punishing recent exploiters.

I filed a support case 6 months months ago to report a trappable mob. Guess what, it's still trappable.

MA says openly that trapping is an exploit yet they do almost nothing to fix it and I don't see any evidence of MA punishing recent exploiters.

I filed a support case 6 months months ago to report a trappable mob. Guess what, it's still trappable.

Unfortunately after all these years they haven't figured out that their lack of reliability in policing their RCE really hurts deposits and activity. Any organism will die if its parasites become too numerous.

care to share the loc? lol

Kjellings steal-killed my mob, that is all

I can not revenge? How stupid you are?

Plus, are you sure you are not Kjellings?

care to share the loc? lol

Maybe I will, it's only been 14 people over the past 6 months I have seen trapping/exploiting this mob, what's 40 more?

a reason for them to fix it

6 months of screen shots and video's of the action are not enough to get it fixed. Why do you think more people abusing would get it done?

The first video is clearly harassment and Afro's video shows exploiting.
Leave the videos on this thread and forward a complaint with the link to MA.
They do take harassment seriously!

I don't understand how hard is it from Mindarks point of view, it's hurting the game, we have seen plenty of officials on this forum so would it be that hard to do what is right?

I have now filed a support case, and i suggest the other who have a case with ths avatar would do the same to gather the forces

Not to defend anyone but these statements kinda piss me off, i must ask in what way the imp fap was free?

Didnt the avatar in question shoot and spend ammo like everyone else in order to get loot?

He spent ammo, but refused to follow the officials' instructions so he could avoid armor decay and not die, and interfere with others' ability to shoot the same mobs, thus allowing him to claim more than his fair share of the mob's loot. This is what is meant by "unfair advantage" over other players. Anyone who wants to know the name of the avatar, PM me.

Last edited:
It certainly does look like the person was harassing you. I'm afraid though MindArk likely wont do much about it, even if it does destroy your game play experience. Your jaw would drop if I told you some of the harassment and character assassination that I've had to endure over the years in EU and the lengths to which I went to drive certain people out of the game because MA wouldn't do anything aside from send a warning email.

As far as the trapping goes, they do care about that and might do something about it.

Last edited:
File a support case, stating it was harassment.

My experience is that MA are usually quick to check over harassment SC's. As for changing game mechanics such as making a mob go into unreachable etc, they are slow with this.

<sarcasm> Stop whining, spend lots of money to be able to shoot 10 mobs at a click of the button...</sarcasm>

Oh wait, I'm not on of those :cheer: folks - so yeah, dealing with such a POS is annoying, and MA or ARK reaction cannot be quick due to their business model.

One would expect to have some sort of game-master in game 24/7 for each planet, I don't think the workload would be out of ordinary.

I have always wondered just how much MA needs to pull in as revenue to get investigated for fraudulent activity, by inaction of enforcing policy. So many accounts are violating the eula as they pick and choose who and when to apply them.

They should have some responsibility, and motivation to fix these problems....unfortunately unlike the real world, we don't seem to have any consumer protection here, and that is a shame considering the standard of consumer protection most of us enjoy.

One day a player will start a lawsuit due to avoidable stupid crap like this, and that will be interesting to watch.

That is the mistake. Two wrongs don't make a right. Report for trapping and move on. Let MA police the situation.

Actions were taken by mind ark to fix the problem but it is up to Mindark to strip Aladdin of the item... as they should have.

Back