New items on Arkadia to be user bound

For all who may be missing the point here, I ask again, as the new trend is going with bound items, I ask, why not make pets user bound as well? Same idea here just different items...the issue here isn't what the given item is, but that more and more items are coming in game as user bound in a game that is based around RCE free market which is slowly becoming bound.

Edit Coffee time here: Also the bigger issue is that with bound items MA is able to lock in the PEDs which is the main reason why these items are coming in bound.

For all who may be missing the point here, I ask again, as the new trend is going with bound items...

The trend is not user bound items. Just because a few items are user bound does not make it a "trend".

Ark developers have said before that reward items that are a badge of honor should be avatar bound, and I can see how these figurines fit that description, so IMO your use of "anything" isn't really fitting.

This is fair if you know it upfront.
But we didnt know what is stage 6 reward.
And yes we ppl are different, there will be some ppl who will do stage 6 and repeat it many times - they need a lot of honour probably.
Well i was planing to do many stage 6, did on drones as easyer ones.
As achievement i got Dan is first person who discovered figurine blablabla.
I gifted a lot of hunting hours and peds to finish stage 6 and dont consider figurine as a gift - maybe more as a surprise.
As a reward i got few points of dodge and no attributes or other so my willing to do stage 6 on other mobs stopped.

what is the tt value of a figurine?

I remember hearing exactly that about L weapons/armors :)

The blurb for stables said something about trading? So quite possibly its user bound, can only be traded at stables. Possibly not all can be traded at stables, only advanced?

If reward item is bound then loot on that mission shud be better.

You obviously haven't done any stage 6 rewards. The REPEATABLE rewards are amazing. You are blowing smoke over a 1 pec statue. FFS people.

As a reward i got few points of dodge and no attributes or other so my willing to do stage 6 on other mobs stopped.

Your loss and for petty reasons.

Mutated Beladoth Stage 6 is 61.18ped Athletics.. repeatable 24h cooldown. Other mobs have similar rewards. If a 0.01ped trinket is setting you back, I can't imagine the mental tug of war you go through in EU every day.

Personally, I don't think its a bad idea to have collectibles, decorations and awards as soul bound as the whole concept of a trophy becomes less rewarding when you have not won it yourself. :) I also think these figurines with 0.01 ped tt are basically a bonus item and not the reason anyone should do the missions. It is more of a testament to the accomplishment which being soul bound makes sense. However, I would like to be able to tt those if and when needed ( no clue if they are already or not)

The problem i think with most people is that people are scared this will lead to way more then just collectibles being soul bound and that becomes a universe wide problem to all of us. With that in view we all tend to become very defensive of our positions in not accepting soul bound items at all.

Afraid of making uber items lose value hm.. What about house price crashes and things? These things happen.

I wish MA would start items dropping again. They are under no obligation to keep prices up for shadow, angel, mm, mod fap etc.

People lose money on investments, that's life.

We're all going to die anyway, and you can't take those items with you, let's share the fun :dancing:

;)

Some people just seem to have no concept of market confidence and how it can effect an economy :scratch2:

This thread could probably be merged with the other one as it's going the same way.

So it seems to me that the non-tradable items we have so far might be divided into these categories:

1) "free" starter items, made non-tradable to reduce ped farming
2) items which you're supposed to use up yourself to experience the game more (starter kits, skill pills)
3) items related to missions or contests which identify your avatar or what you have done (feffox sacs, mayhem instance keys, ark figurines, smuggler armor, spawning of the Lazidol, attribute tokens)
4) items which we would expect to be tradable but aren't (CDF items, viceroy)

Categories 1-3 don't pose a danger to anyone, I think. It's category 4 that is troubling to us because we don't understand the reasoning behind it. I suspect viceroy was released as a test to see how people react to a bound armor, in preparation for other things like the smuggler missions. CDF items, I'm not sure why those would be non-tradable.

So, of those "50" items that are causing fear and panic, most are in categories 1-3 and are low level free gifts. We've only got a few in category 4. I might also point out that Caly seems to have more non tradable, economy-affecting items than Ark.

The problem is one of fraction. If an insignificant fraction of items are bound (as it is now) it won't negatively affect the RCE. If, on the other hand, half or more of all items were bound, that would negatively affect the RCE.

Reactions: jod
So, of those "50" items that are causing fear and panic, most are in categories 1-3 and are low level free gifts. We've only got a few in category 4. I might also point out that Caly seems to have more non tradable, economy-affecting items than Ark.

The problem is one of fraction. If an insignificant fraction of items are bound (as it is now) it won't negatively affect the RCE. If, on the other hand, half or more of all items were bound, that would negatively affect the RCE.

Yes, lets hope this doesn't continue. But you need to understand that one of the main issues here is that it just started a few months back and as of yet we do not know really where this is going. But from what we have seen in this short amount of time (every PP update) we are starting to see more and more non-tradable items.

I sure hope nothing is coming of this, but as small as all this seems, MA is locking more and more PEDs into the game with these non-tradable items plus bring out new limited items which are killing the market for larger value items in game.

I guess what is really needed is for MA to say something here as the stated they would.

Your loss and for petty reasons.

Mutated Beladoth Stage 6 is 61.18ped Athletics.. repeatable 24h cooldown. Other mobs have similar rewards. If a 0.01ped trinket is setting you back, I can't imagine the mental tug of war you go through in EU every day.

Mutated Beladoth exist only on your LA6 wich you could addvertise in trade section of forum.
As a potential customer/hunter i can say gratz on your "mental" customer care aproach skills.

You obviously haven't done any stage 6 rewards. The REPEATABLE rewards are amazing. You are blowing smoke over a 1 pec statue. FFS people.

You are fast to get to wrong conclusions obviously.
I was first one to do it.

these new figurines might have positive impact on apartment sale because you can only place them on your own property.

People are missing the point of these items. It looks to me like they're supposed to be trophies that are displayed to show off your achievements. Not items to sell for profit and trade about. Things that you can show off and which can only be earned and not bought, which if you ask me this universe needs more of.

People are missing the point of these items. It looks to me like they're supposed to be trophies that are displayed to show off your achievements. Not items to sell for profit and trade about. Things that you can show off and which can only be earned and not bought, which if you ask me this universe needs more of.

Exactly.
This has been said few hunderd time already, but I guess once you turn into angry old man you are ready to complain even over 1 pec.

Lets just say everyone can believe in what they want. Some believe that this makes the game better - other that it will destroy it. hf and gl

Yes I hear where you are coming from and you are right that is exactly what these items are. But with that logic in this RCE based game any item drops can be based on this theory. What's next a weapon drop showing the achievement of getting loot from a mob?

Yes I hear where you are coming from and you are right that is exactly what these items are. But with that logic in this RCE based game any item drops can be based on this theory. What's next a weapon drop showing the achievement of getting loot from a mob?

Paying for water - what's next paying for air?

Please stop being ridiculous. I understand why people might be opposed to having these useless trophies as avatar bound but there is no reason to extrapolate to your silly scenario.

The problem i think with most people is that people are scared this will lead to way more then just collectibles being soul bound and that becomes a universe wide problem to all of us. With that in view we all tend to become very defensive of our positions in not accepting soul bound items at all.

Exactly. Which would be fixed by communication on MA / PP part. Kim saying that no unlimited, untradable items would be available for daily tokens was teh right thing to d and communicate. There should be a concise guideline to PPs and a statement to players on which items are going to be / can be untradeable and how the decisions would be made.

This is exactly what im afraid off, They see monetary success from the Viceroy armor and just pushes full throttle forward with more bound items that eventually becomes a game breakingly large problem. Would be really great to hear from the balance team about there view on the matter, certainly would make these threads more few and far between.

Best regards
Zweshi

This is exactly what im afraid off, They see monetary success from the Viceroy armor and just pushes full throttle forward with more bound items that eventually becomes a game breakingly large problem. Would be really great to hear from the balance team about there view on the matter, certainly would make these threads more few and far between.

I doubt it. Those who already trust that MA and PPs are thinking about these issues will believe what they say, those who are fearful will still be fearful. We saw it after David Dobson explained about the bound viceroy armor. Some people will always just believe that the developers' main goal is to destroy the game.

Besides, when have you ever heard anything from the "balancing team"?

I doubt it. Those who already trust that MA and PPs are thinking about these issues will believe what they say, those who are fearful will still be fearful. We saw it after David Dobson explained about the bound viceroy armor. Some people will always just believe that the developers' main goal is to destroy the game.

Besides, when have you ever heard anything from the "balancing team"?

I dissagree, to get a clarification on what can and what cant be a bound item would settle a lot of nerves. David have stated in the past that its not ment to be a large part of the economy and that is reassuring but it also leaves much to be desierd when a set like smuggler is showcased, a set that very nearly makes it into the top 10 most range protection armors in the entire game(at 13th place).

A simple clarification on what the plan is on this from the ones actually balancing this would have a positive effect, not for the people who are continuesly dissatisfied by everything Mindark/Arkadia/Calypso etc does but on reasonable people. Its a major economic change to the game i don't think its to much to ask to get a message on that, maybe not today or next month but sometime in the future.

Best regards
Zweshi

Back