Halloween Mayhem 2014

So short event and 40 hours, WHY?
Last year it was twice as long....

EVENT DATES
  • Start: Friday, October 31, 17:00:00 UTC
  • End: Monday, November 10, 17:00:00 UTC
Time Limit
Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

No, it was still 40 hours last year.

I thought I did ok score wise, but never even come in the top 100 :)

Did have some fun though, but nothing special looted as usual for me.

No, it was still 40 hours last year.

I thought I did ok score wise, but never even come in the top 100 :)

Did have some fun though, but nothing special looted as usual for me.

I think he meant that we have only 10 days to complete those 40 hours?

If I hut more then 40 hours and I have the required points, do I still qualify for the Bonus Prizes? :scratch2:

I also thought it was longer last year so I looked it up:

http://www.planetcalypso.com/events/halloween2013/

It was intended to be 10 days but extended by 7 because of instance gate issues.

It'll be tough getting in the hours. I remember last year I wasn't taking part until they added another week. This year I haven't decided yet.

Only thing I can't figure out is why is it starting at 17:00 hrs?

Last edited:
Only thing I can't figure is why is it starting at 17:00 hrs?

17.00 is when people at MA wish themselves a good deserved week-end, and lock the door.

17.00 is when the players will start to yell for bugs, and realise nothing will be fixed until next monday :)
at least...

I think it's a mistake that there are no 'lucky random' prizes, eg. place 25, 50 75 100.
This surely would give some more incentive to try for majority of low level/gear players.

I think it's a mistake that there are no 'lucky random' prizes, eg. place 25, 50 75 100.
This surely would give some more incentive to try for majority of low level/gear players.

They have added another stage of luck as in the 5k pointer, I think allmost any1 ingame completing all 40 hours can be lucky and loot one of those and end up on a good spot!

Maybe they'll add some mushrooms in loots since they added some veg already :)

I didn't really take part in last years event, just popped in to see it and was about it, but im interested this year

The Rule "Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances" does that mean i can only spend 40 hours and then im stopped from entering or after the 40 does the score stop counting (im guessing im stopped from entering)

MY GOD! Every whining person in this thread obviously doesn't read, or look at other scores that won in the past and figure out what a 5k can do. The top 100 socres were ALL within 4 5k's of winning.

Plus, anyone who thinks MA is just gonna let the same ubers walk with the prizes this year, like they have all the other years, is wrong. Sorry to burst the ubers bubbles, but the decline in participation has not gone unnoticed, and this time, MA will have finally gotten it right and made it truly random.

Only Linzey seems smart enough to realize that with the addition of the 5k, this is TRULY anyones event to win!

The 5k's will drop to those that the loot algorithmn/MA deems worthy, and those that get lucky enough to get a 5k WILL win.

It's basically Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and most of y'all are too blinded by the past history of ubers sharing big guns to win all prizes to understand that, this time, the golden ticket can fall in ANY avatars lap.

Yes, Big DPS will trend toward the top of the standings, but the winners will be anyone lucky enough to get 4-5 5k's.

Signed,
The Eternal Optimist

Last edited:
MY GOD! Every whining person in this thread obviously doesn't read, or look at other scores that won in the past and figure out what a 5k can do. The top 100 socres were ALL within 4 5k's of winning.

Plus, anyone who thinks MA is just gonna let the same ubers walk with the prizes this year, like they have all the other years, is wrong. Sorry to burst the ubers bubbles, but the decline in participation has not gone unnoticed, and this time, MA will have finally gotten it right and made it truly random.

Only Linzey seems smart enough to realize that with the addition of the 5k, this is TRULY anyones event to win!

The 5k's will drop to those that the loot algorithmn/MA deems worthy, and those that get lucky enough to get a 5k WILL win.

It's basically Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and most of y'all are too dense to understand that the golden ticket can fall in ANY avatars lap.

Yes, Big DPS will trend toward the top of the standings, but the winners will be anyone lucky enough to get 4-5 5k's.

Hopefully we whiners get proven wrong. In fact, the more I read about it, the more certain I am that there will be stuff raining over all player bases.

Happy hunting everyone!

I didn't really take part in last years event, just popped in to see it and was about it, but im interested this year

The Rule "Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances" does that mean i can only spend 40 hours and then im stopped from entering or after the 40 does the score stop counting (im guessing im stopped from entering)

No it means that if you go over time, you will be disqualified. And its up to you to keep time and be conservative.

Woohoo!!!! Hope I get myself a cool cape this time around :D My luck I will loot a female one :p

It's basically Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and most of y'all are too dense to understand that the golden ticket can fall in ANY avatars lap.

Signed,
The Eternal Optimist

I do think it will be even less then that amount......it was pretty linear last year the more you shot, meaning that the odds for 1 5k is about to happen around every 5k rottens you acquire meaning that statistically nobody will get one from pure force since you wont get 5000 rotten ones no matter what DPS you have :)

not sure if anyone suggested this to MA, but instead of the current prize give away setup, why not just do item prize pool, and let the winners pick what they want, so highest score pick the item they want then that item is removed from prize pool, then next highest scoring contestant pick their item of choice and so on, because with the current list of prizes and ranking who would want to finish 4th????

not sure if anyone suggested this to MA, but instead of the current prize give away setup, why not just do item prize pool, and let the winners pick what they want, so highest score pick the item they want then that item is removed from prize pool, then next highest scoring contestant pick their item of choice and so on, because with the current list of prizes and ranking who would want to finish 4th????

thats an pretty good suggestion :)

And if the 3rd place winner falls ill or pulls a foma, what will happen?

And if the 3rd place winner falls ill or pulls a foma, what will happen?

ma can set a designated time frame of say one week if you dont respond or what not you move to the back of the line ur 3rd place becomes last place and if multiple ppl should have incident they fall back to the end of the line.

ma can set a designated time frame of say one week if you dont respond or what not you move to the back of the line ur 3rd place becomes last place and if multiple ppl should have incident they fall back to the end of the line.

Bad idea IMO.
Somebody could get first place, then genuinely have accident and end up with worst prize.
Although MA's values on items might differ from ours, system you propose would be unfair in some circumstances.

Bad idea IMO.
Somebody could get first place, then genuinely have accident and end up with worst prize.
Although MA's values on items might differ from ours, system you propose would be unfair in some circumstances.

no system is perfect, but let me know how 4th place finisher will feel this year love to hear his or her opinion.

no system is perfect, but let me know how 4th place finisher will feel this year love to hear his or her opinion.

I can personally tell you from last years merry mayhem that getting 13th on bertha's initial announcement for a calytrek spirit MK 1 UL before a time recount bumped me to a no-prize 14th (ofc there was also a 15th place prize just not 14th)....was not cool either.

There will always be the one slot that gets the closest bad break.

I can personally tell you from last years merry mayhem that getting 13th on bertha's initial announcement for a calytrek spirit MK 1 UL before a time recount bumped me to a no-prize 14th (ofc there was also a 15th place prize just not 14th)....was not cool either.

There will always be the one slot that gets the closest bad break.

Yep... Cat 2 was really messed up last year. 1 player was not even counted in the rankings, and was not even given the dignity of a response, or reason why. A Soc mate of mine was in the standings for Cat 2, and he was not having fun with the uncertainty of the situation. He thought that if they scores were redone he would get a gun... dunno... have not seen him since.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pate-at-MM-2013-and-not-be-in-the-result-list

And not counting this players score, or giving a reason in just horrible...

MA did not handle that situation properly at all, someones head prolly rolled on that one, or should have

It's that 40 hour thing. You would think they would just do the key thing and be done with it.

It's that 40 hour thing. You would think they would just do the key thing and be done with it.
Yeah I like the keys. Easier to track and if you had extra, you could use them as decoration! :)

Bad idea IMO.

It IS a good idea and it's simple to do. Let them list prizes in order they'd like and send it to MA, 1st gets their top choice, 2nd gets what he wants most from what's left ..and s on. Easy.
Anyone prepared to spend 40 hours and many many peds won't mind making a list if they win.

I'm wondering if the 5ks were as common in all levels last time? Looked for the results as I wasn't here last time...not found them yet :)

An automatic timer would be so easy, shame they haven't got one. Not keen on the trapping rule either...I know what that bug used to be years ago but I thought they'd sorted that. I'd hate to be DQ for a stupid glitch that they see as deliberate cheating.

Why can they not hand out 40 non trade-able keys and highest scores win. FFS they have to keep so much fighting and drama in this. I am trying to get pumped up for my first Halloween mayhem, but how?

Why can they not hand out 40 non trade-able keys and highest scores win. FFS they have to keep so much fighting and drama in this. I am trying to get pumped up for my first Halloween mayhem, but how?

cuz people want to do it for fun too... now 500 keys like merrymayhem would be fine with me

Back