Vanguard

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
index.php

Vanguard

Description

Covered in thick armorand equipped with diverse weaponry the gigantic Vanguard is a new addition to the Robot forces and appears engineered specifically for attacks against fortified positions.

Smaller robots often swarm around the Vanguard's long legs defending against enemy saboteurs. Nevertheless, it is a formidable foe even when encountered alone.

Creature Type

Robot

Damage Type

To add
Source: To add

Maturities

MaturityLHealthDamageAgiIntPsyStaStr
Generation 1312000Large2306080200420
Generation 2342400Large2306080240420
Generation 3372800Large2306080280420
Generation 4403200Large2306080320420
Generation 5433600Large2306080360420
Generation 6
Generation 7
Generation 8534800Great2306080480420
Generation 9575200Great2306080520420
Generation 10615600Great2306080560420
Communicator687000Great2306080700420
Coordinator758500Great2306080850420
Commander8210000Great23060801000420
Gate Defender I3-TF19260000Great23060806000420
Quark the Disruptor27862000Great23060806200420
Vortex The Purifier27862000Great23060806200420
Quasar The Punisher540133700Great230608013370420
Pulsar The Purveyor870225000Great230608022500420
Entropy The Purger36221450000Huge2306080145000420

Locations

PlanetLon.Lat.Direction from nearest TPMaturityDensityNotesVerified
Calypso7420092600W Fort ArgusCommander to QuarkLow9-Mar-16
Calypso6270084100N Camp PhoenixCommunicator to CommanderLow18-Mar-15
Calypso6880087300SE Fort Ithaca08-10Medium(none as of 9-Mar-16; event spawn?)23-Feb-15

Miscellaneous

Link to EntropiaWiki
Archived Bestiary information

Last edited:
Reserved...

The Creatures section is currently under construction and this process will take some time to complete. The work is being done by volunteers with limited time, so please bear with us while we add the data. If you can provide any information that is currently missing, please post in the thread to let us know.

While this construction period is ongoing, you will be able to access the old Bestiary section which is archived in a sub-forum of the Creatures section. Each mob thread in Creatures contains a link to the relevant Bestiary thread and to the Entropedia page, so if you are looking for information that isn't yet available in the Creatures thread, please use the links provided at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Vanguard Dmg Class

Hey,

I tried Vanguard and i took some hits with 1 dmg, then again 50 dmg.
My set is Mah Ketta with 6A Plates.

If i go by that what i see. Then it looks like its doing electric.
At the same time it would make sense to be same kind of impact and also burn.

I have the impression that this mob has 2 different kind of attack. The one where i take 1 dmg is mostly burn.
The other one is maybe impact.

I dont know...

Anyone knows more about the dmg type of this mob?

Thanks

I think there are at least two different attacks - the exploding fireballs which do area effect damage, and the laser beam thing which doesn't. Both are long range, I'm not sure if there's also a close-up attack.

I don't remember ever seeing a proper test on the damage types. Salamander+6a seemed to work OK for me but I've only ever hunted them a couple of times and I didn't record any info on my damage figures. Your 1.0 damage could just be from the fireball at distance, in which case that wouldn't really tell us anything useful.

The multiple attacks and especially the area effect makes it harder to test these things but the different animations should at least help to differentiate the two.

I found a G5 for you.

On the topic of attacks, I think they may do 3. The aoe bomb and 2 ranged laserish attacks.

Although there's multiple dam types, if you stay at a good range (I was using marine stalker with 108.9m range) the vast bulk of the damage is burn/pen.

Although there's multiple dam types, if you stay at a good range (I was using marine stalker with 108.9m range) the vast bulk of the damage is burn/pen.

I second this...been doing these for ages....at range its burn pen...but those testicles it throws at ya god knows the damage from that...stay at 60+ range and your good

L192 Gate Defender I3-TF

gate_defender_i3-tf.jpg

I second this...been doing these for ages....at range its burn pen...but those testicles it throws at ya god knows the damage from that...stay at 60+ range and your good

"Planet Calypso Patch Notes 2016.1.2
Increased the ballistic range of the Vanguard robots."

I have not done any Vanguard since the patch. Did they increase the range of the aoe balls or the laser attack?

I have not done any Vanguard since the patch. Did they increase the range of the aoe balls or the laser attack?

I suspect both, the gate defenders in the robot event are little vanguards. Their energy balls and laser beam both have very long range, plus the balls explode almost instantly...

Could do further tests when I have spare time.

UPDATE : this week patch changed the ball range now. 1week after patch note.

This mean they are now unhuntable cause of AoE on fapper on top of the trooper spawn...

they ruined them.

It was already complicated to hunt them with the over excessive spawn of trooper and legionnaire on us. now they have full range of the ball with AoE. Moving out and having to protect a fapper of spawn on top.

its nonsense.

it was a nice hp mob to hunt.

NO MORE.

Last edited:
UPDATE : this week patch changed the ball range now. 1week after patch note.

This mean they are now unhuntable cause of AoE on fapper on top of the trooper spawn...

they ruined them.

It was already complicated to hunt them with the over excessive spawn of trooper and legionnaire on us. now they have full range of the ball with AoE. Moving out and having to protect a fapper of spawn on top.

its nonsense.

it was a nice hp mob to hunt.

NO MORE.

I agree, the AOE ball range has been increased again and the AOE balls now have NO fuse, instant explosion. The AOE balls range is now over 100m.
Unhuntable. :mad:

*edit*

I hunted them after that patch and the range was slightly increased but not to over 100m from what I recall. They also still had aoe fuse which has since disappeared. I wonder if the fuse removal is an undisclosed patch change or a mistake/bug?
Yes I know I am talking to myself since MA won't reply

Last edited:
I agree, the AOE ball range has been increased again and the AOE balls now have NO fuse, instant explosion. The AOE balls range is now over 100m.
Unhuntable. :mad:

*edit*

I hunted them after that patch and the range was slightly increased but not to over 100m from what I recall. They also still had aoe fuse which has since disappeared. I wonder if the fuse removal is an undisclosed patch change or a mistake/bug?
Yes I know I am talking to myself since MA won't reply

this change was the patch wich was 4gb.

Recently hunted them myself with some old easter egg candy I had gotten from some storage boxes.

Standing at max range and simply dodging left/right for each 'artillery' shot made them doable after the speed increase.

this change was the patch wich was 4gb.

Patch 2016.1.2 was in March, I hunted Vanguard in April and they still had a delay fuse on the aoe bomb attack.

Recently hunted them myself with some old easter egg candy I had gotten from some storage boxes.

Standing at max range and simply dodging left/right for each 'artillery' shot made them doable after the speed increase.

I understand what you are saying, I am wondering when this no fuse/timer change was implemented and if it is as intended
*edit
Normal Vanguard is still huntable as you have said. I was wondering when these changes happened and if MA intended to change this.
As for unhuntable, I was referring to me vs Purifier :)

Last edited:
the 4gb patch is like 2 patches ago..maybe 3, the 'big' graphic patch that fucked the icons in strg

the 4gb patch is like 2 patches ago..maybe 3, the 'big' graphic patch that fucked the icons in strg

Right. So the change to Vanguard is undocumented change or bug?

Right. So the change to Vanguard is undocumented change or bug?

File a bug report and ask MA, they will probably tell you.

File a bug report and ask MA, they will probably tell you.

I did that as soon as I noticed the change to the mob. I figured I would also try to discuss it here on PCF while I waited for a response from MA.

Support did reply to my question today but only stated what Das had posted here. " Increased the ballistic range of the Vanguard robots in Planet Calypso Patch 2016.1.2"

They didn't answer when the ballistic timer was removed.

I did that as soon as I noticed the change to the mob. I figured I would also try to discuss it here on PCF while I waited for a response from MA.

Support did reply to my question today but only stated what Das had posted here. " Increased the ballistic range of the Vanguard robots in Planet Calypso Patch 2016.1.2"

They didn't answer when the ballistic timer was removed.

I think it is probably intentional.

I think it is probably intentional.

I sure could have been intentional but I didnt notice the timer removal after the patch which only stated a range change.

According to support.

"The current functions of these attacks are intended and were launched simultaneously on the previously mentioned update."

So this was an undocumented change, patch notes only stated a range change.

yes Fort, both where changed on the same patch, I was killing the ones that spawned during my eviscerator quest so I'm very sure :)

yes Fort, both where changed on the same patch, I was killing the ones that spawned during my eviscerator quest so I'm very sure :)

Ok thnx for the info, I guess they only listed one change and not both.

Let's face it, this wasn't going to end well for me.... ;)

Scan:

entropy_the_purger_scan.jpg

(Nymphtown TP)

Heimdall was kind enough to spawn Pulsar which we didn't have scanned information for:

Trouble is.... its now doubly hard to stay alive....

edit: can't delete

Last edited:
Back