Server Downtime For Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Tomorrow, Tuesday 2015-03-17 at 09:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for a patch to release 15.2.0.
We estimate a downtime of 1 hour and a maximum client patch size of about 850 MB.

Originally Posted Here

I take it they'll release the patch notes tomorrow? Couldn't find anything posted previously

850MB holy shit can't wait :yay:

850MB holy shit can't wait :yay:
I don't know how they create these estimates but can't remember one coming even nearly true. (I don't download the whole universe though)

I take it, this is the VU update????

Rgds

Ace

Please let there be some loot in there - I have been here 10 years sunday and basically I have had bad loot now since 2009....

Wondering if Im the only one sick of MA's loot distribution - and wondering if MA ever listens to its playerbase - especially ppl like me that play 2-3 hrs a day for 10 years... "Can U recommend Entropia Universe to me" - emmm naw...

My theory- They're replacing the Christmas trees with Easter eggs and announcing "Easter Mayhem". :laugh:

My theory- They're replacing the Christmas trees with Easter eggs and announcing "Easter Mayhem". :laugh:

LOL

did they remove the christmas trees yet ?
maybe the patch size is just new textures for all the outback sheds :D
Could even be a fix to ripped clothes.
Or maybe my hat is finally gonna get fixed.

:laugh:

Nope. Keeping the trees for the rest of the years (it's just 9 months anyway) will save a lot of devs' time next winter.

This VU the trees will be decorated with pumpkins to free some time next autumn too.

LOL

maybe the patch size is just new textures for all the outback sheds :D
Could even be a fix to ripped clothes.
Or maybe my hat is finally gonna get fixed.

:laugh:

I just has TT my burgundy coat, about since more as 2 years it is bugged.. this way i could use the peds to spend to the lootpool.

Dont know why but i have little faith in this vu

things cant keep in this way

but as usual ma can screw up everything(possible destroy more?) and say "eat"

Dont know why but i have little faith in this vu

things cant keep in this way

but as usual ma can screw up everything(possible destroy more?) and say "eat"

It can't get any worse - so it might be better...

For MA code 850 MB is a lot, for PP VU is too small.

Last edited:
Nope. Keeping the trees for the rest of the years (it's just 9 months anyway) will save a lot of devs' time next winter.

This VU the trees will be decorated with pumpkins to free some time next autumn too.

Im wondering can you still get stuck under the Christmas tree as i played a prank in soc saying theirs free gifts under their :)

FINALLY!!! Crafting overhaul inbound!! Start stocking up resources/getting crafting skills up!

If not crafting overhaul, I sell out. The only way to go at this point is up... These are rockbottom times for EU playerbase.. Good for MA though.

All mobs tamable? :rolleyes:
Attack system for them?

speculations...

Tomorrow.. we hit the bars and get...

yes I know.. Tomorrow is another day and what is tomorrow?

Well if youa re Irish (And I'm half an Irishman) tomorrw is Saint Patricks day..
and it is Saint Patricks day, what do most fols do? We go Erin Go Braugh..

(Which means "We're going to the pub!)

(Think I'm joking? Well this is what i think is gonna happen on Calypso Arkadia and ROcktropia tomorrow)

Yep so we can get.. Drunk!:laugh::lolup::yay:

(But seriously if anything it won't be Beer, but rather more animals we can tame...)

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot"

Please let there be some loot in there - I have been here 10 years sunday and basically I have had bad loot now since 2009....

Wondering if Im the only one sick of MA's loot distribution - and wondering if MA ever listens to its playerbase - especially ppl like me that play 2-3 hrs a day for 10 years... "Can U recommend Entropia Universe to me" - emmm naw...

Nope - i'm sick of it too. I would never recommened this to anyone because i would fear their wrath when they tell me they lost all their money. I'm level 75 laser sniper and I'm hunting Android Vixens with no armor and (L) noob weapons. I also have been.... wait for it.... playing another game! holy shit.
I don't see them changing anything with loot distribution anytime soon :((((

FINALLY!!! Crafting overhaul inbound!! Start stocking up resources/getting crafting skills up!

If not crafting overhaul, I sell out. The only way to go at this point is up... These are rockbottom times for EU playerbase.. Good for MA though.

Well don't sell out to fast..but this is a pp update and not a system update...

Well don't sell out to fast..but this is a pp update and not a system update...

If that's the case it's just not going to be good enough for me. I'm sure (hoping) MA is taking EU in a new direction, but they need to get EU back on track before they lose their playerbase.

Maybe Klas is taking the gam in the right direction..

Well if you want my personal option (Other than the beer joke on Page 2) I'm going to give you an idea of what i feel is goingon..

First off a lot of guys when they saw that MA had a new CEO ( and found out that he was from teh IT department I could see the eye Rolls going on..

"Oh looks, this guy is going to fix or problems.. Yeah right." I could hear from the crowd. but now that I look back over the last 12 months that the new guy has been in poweer, It seems that MA must be doing someting right.. andi mean in a major sense of the word..

Let's look at the positives and the negatives shall we?

The Positive list is gonna be a bit longer than the negative one.. so trust me on this..

Longer gameplay: Alright all you guys whining about bad loot, simmer down.. cause Weren';t you the yahoos that said that their gameplay was way too short ("Oh Look, I blew 300 ped on an atrox hunt in under 30 mintues! ") was the battle cry backin in 2013.. But with the addition of shrapnel in the game, the whole thing was.. Oh look I can play longer now, but there was a negative side to that, which was indeed less loot (or sowhat some people think..
The reality is.. I think Klas actually hd to get the shrapnel down first before giving us back the loots.. after all loots help make the world go round..(Oh and you miners who just now said mining was fubared? relax man.. Take a chill pill, be mellow.. I think Mr Moreau is going a bank up job trying to get this game balance.. but first he wanted to win us all over with the shrapnel to improve our game play rather than just do like the Simmonds did, which was in a way to just short change the group .. But i think that Klas here is going a great job..

Next up.. Craftable explosives.. : Look I personally think that explosives should have been craftable.. months, if not years ago.. why? they're explosives.. they are supposed to be crafted..(and I feel there's an ulterior motive for those explosives.. trust me here, cause this goes back to that post i put in the space page (the one about missles? and anti-missile systems?) I mean sure we can use the grenade laucners and what not, but seriously.. there's gotta be an ulterior motive to have us actully craft them.. and I'm starting to suspect that Klas has been readying the words i have put out there.. Maybe he should consult the coyote shaman for advice.. or maybe he's thinking along the lines of what I've been thinking..(ESP? Min\d reading? Not likely..)

But still crafting explosives I feel is going to get all the people who want to craft get started.. and in a hurry then they can sell those off t the the guys with the skills to make the bombs and missiles..

so stay tuned on that one..

Bye Bye Mr. Unlimted Gun.. :

Okay now I know what a lotof you are going to say.. I'm nuts, I'm crazy in fact I'm Muy loco.. But there's a readson for this.. and in fact the unlimited gun was the real problem here as anyone could get a UL aOpalo or HK-110 and run it til broke then throw it in the repair terminal andhave MA get their share of the cut for repairing the gun you bougght..

To be honest, I personally think the UL guns were helping Kill the SIB Limited wweapons, especially thoe being crafted (and yes i have heard the grumblin grom them back in 2012 and 2013 and 2014.. But let me say this.. I think that crafters did need an overhaul and by removing those UL's from the TT, it actually helped the economy not hurt it.. and in fact now Playrs who are nwer are skilling up faaster than us old timers..(Seems a bit unfair, right? Well everyone has the ability to pay for a gun, use it, and then toss it away and get another one. But then when you're a crafter and a guy who cranks out guns, you better have a sotckpile.. cause people will come looking for you.. and in a hurry..

Now if they made the guns that are L repairable (but you had a gun parts crafter crafte teh parts this would open up a new market.. and this w\ould allow some of us to become a new breed of crafter. the gunsmith.. Why crank out a brank new gun when you can just craft the parts to rebuld the old Limiteds. (I actually listened to a player who told me this Idea, I mulled it around, and thought.. "Hey I wouldn't have to craft the gun, only the parts.. (It's an idea that hopefully will come soon enought..

Now as for othing things. Tming is back, and with a vengance.. and now i have a feeling with the compet system, those tamers will have a big job breakin in those pets to use in a fighting arna.. and it gives their system more viability.. (I tried animal taming and I liked it.. and still do..

Server tests and repairs.. Now this is a bigone that is a plas in K;las' corner and this goes back to July 2014.. When the servers on that faithful July day went down for 18 hours.. and suddenly people were screaming.. "FIX IT!"

The reality is.. did the simmonds really make this game playable? No they did not.. Remembeback in 2009 when the Gamebryo system was in place? and they said, Oh we're going to close out Gamebryo and put i CE2? Do you remmber what the time frame was? 2 days.. just 2.. and you know what I think theey got the tech boys to do? Wback up the data, wipe the servers and just dropped the entire Lock stock and CE2 barrel righ tonthe old Camebryo server.. and then held it together with Bailing wire and duct tape.. hoping the servers wouldn't crash.. well hate to say it but they did.. And who fixed this problem? not the ones who caused it. by the time they had left they know they'd try and make some points with the customers saying.."See we didn't know this was going to happen.."

Yet who fixed it? Klas did.. and in fact Let's go a bit deeper here.. Server stress tests? okay this shows that someone is on the ball and is knowing what to do by testing the servers to see if people can stand around at win.. like 10 tousand of us.. and to also not have the servers go south when an event goes on.. IN short, I think what is going on, is that Klas is setting us up not for fail but rather to make us all happy... with less lag, less issues with server failures and of course what we want.. a happier and more enjoyable game..

Now you want o know why I say this? It comes forom that one post about h"Hey where did all these people come from? " SOme of them are the older players returning but some, are the new kids ..

And now they don't have to depo as much (Go look at the depo transfer section when you depo drectly in game.. what's the minimum? 2 bucks.. (That's right, I tried it with 5, and I got my ped, no issues..
Now the thing is remember back 2 years ago? How much could we do? 10 bucks minimum.. and that's a large statement..

Palyers still don't have to depo if they want to really earn their money the correct way which is hard work, but for those of them who want to depo.. 2 bucks is all you need to really get stared..(How much is a gun now/ 2-5 ped.. and the ammo? Maybe another 10-20.. and thus that comes out to about 25 ped.. or less than 3 bucks.. todayl..

Now are there really any Negatyives here.. well other than the crafters whining about poor returns and the hunters an minging reciprocating in turn, I thinnk the real issue will be the issue with Loot and the shrapnel will be the kicker..Longer game play and more loot means happier players.. (No issue withat that here.. as I keep saing over and over.. What bad loot?)

sure we might not see as many gun drops but what if we started to see new weapons and new amrmor that can be cfafted and sold? Would make some players happy to know that while their shogun is good, maybe a new craftable armor might be better..(And anyone who is hgetting rid of their adjusted Pixie is muy loco, not me.. As I believe in the stuff.. Now if a crrtain mentor (who shall remain nameless) were to hand me over a set, well I'd be more than happy and call it even for the 150 bucks I had to pay to get ot of a farming mentorship..

But then hey I got the armor already.. No need to. Sure I had a good friend who quit to actually give me a complete set and this stuff is not a bad armor.. anyone tossing it up on uction is plumb loco..

So really when you really sit down and look at things.. Have we gotten better? (Well if the negative Ninnies would hush down and be quiet for a moment , I think the worst is over.. you can whine and complain all you want, but I think the issue is.. You haven't changed your play style to say the least.. you're just going about it in the wrong way..)

So in the end, l;et's see.. Simmonds? Promises and ore promises and not much delivery.. Moreau/ Small steps forward andnothing backwards really.. (Better UI, better things like Crafting stas, ) I mean the list goes on and on..

Now if anyone wants to say Mr. Klas Moreau is not doing his job, I bet when the time comes he'll be making ou eat crow, your hat and your words, followed by a rabid Tasmaniian Devil stuck in our underwaear.. (All joking aside..)

So whatever itis, I'm betting it's going to be that compet and stage 2 of the taming.(After all I bet some of you waould lvoe to tame a trox.. or something else.. and use itin battle..

But hey .. that'at just a theory.. A game theory!Thanks for reading..
(Oh and if Matthew Patterson (Otherwise known as MatPat) is reading this, maybe he should try this game out.. after all if WoW can't save the economies of the world, maybe we can give the world leaders something to show!)

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His _Dog_Spot.

I just has TT my burgundy coat, about since more as 2 years it is bugged.. this way i could use the peds to spend to the lootpool.

strange!!! I have a feeling that there is a fix of bugged clothing in this patch :laugh:

Well if you want my personal option (Other than the beer joke on Page 2) I'm going to give you an idea of what i feel is goingon..

First off a lot of guys when they saw that MA had a new CEO ( and found out that he was from teh IT department I could see the eye Rolls going on..

"Oh looks, this guy is going to fix or problems.. Yeah right." I could hear from the crowd. but now that I look back over the last 12 months that the new guy has been in poweer, It seems that MA must be doing someting right.. andi mean in a major sense of the word..

Let's look at the positives and the negatives shall we?

The Positive list is gonna be a bit longer than the negative one.. so trust me on this..

Longer gameplay: Alright all you guys whining about bad loot, simmer down.. cause Weren';t you the yahoos that said that their gameplay was way too short ("Oh Look, I blew 300 ped on an atrox hunt in under 30 mintues! ") was the battle cry backin in 2013.. But with the addition of shrapnel in the game, the whole thing was.. Oh look I can play longer now, but there was a negative side to that, which was indeed less loot (or sowhat some people think..
The reality is.. I think Klas actually hd to get the shrapnel down first before giving us back the loots.. after all loots help make the world go round..(Oh and you miners who just now said mining was fubared? relax man.. Take a chill pill, be mellow.. I think Mr Moreau is going a bank up job trying to get this game balance.. but first he wanted to win us all over with the shrapnel to improve our game play rather than just do like the Simmonds did, which was in a way to just short change the group .. But i think that Klas here is going a great job..

Next up.. Craftable explosives.. : Look I personally think that explosives should have been craftable.. months, if not years ago.. why? they're explosives.. they are supposed to be crafted..(and I feel there's an ulterior motive for those explosives.. trust me here, cause this goes back to that post i put in the space page (the one about missles? and anti-missile systems?) I mean sure we can use the grenade laucners and what not, but seriously.. there's gotta be an ulterior motive to have us actully craft them.. and I'm starting to suspect that Klas has been readying the words i have put out there.. Maybe he should consult the coyote shaman for advice.. or maybe he's thinking along the lines of what I've been thinking..(ESP? Min\d reading? Not likely..)

But still crafting explosives I feel is going to get all the people who want to craft get started.. and in a hurry then they can sell those off t the the guys with the skills to make the bombs and missiles..

so stay tuned on that one..

Bye Bye Mr. Unlimted Gun.. :

Okay now I know what a lotof you are going to say.. I'm nuts, I'm crazy in fact I'm Muy loco.. But there's a readson for this.. and in fact the unlimited gun was the real problem here as anyone could get a UL aOpalo or HK-110 and run it til broke then throw it in the repair terminal andhave MA get their share of the cut for repairing the gun you bougght..

To be honest, I personally think the UL guns were helping Kill the SIB Limited wweapons, especially thoe being crafted (and yes i have heard the grumblin grom them back in 2012 and 2013 and 2014.. But let me say this.. I think that crafters did need an overhaul and by removing those UL's from the TT, it actually helped the economy not hurt it.. and in fact now Playrs who are nwer are skilling up faaster than us old timers..(Seems a bit unfair, right? Well everyone has the ability to pay for a gun, use it, and then toss it away and get another one. But then when you're a crafter and a guy who cranks out guns, you better have a sotckpile.. cause people will come looking for you.. and in a hurry..

Now if they made the guns that are L repairable (but you had a gun parts crafter crafte teh parts this would open up a new market.. and this w\ould allow some of us to become a new breed of crafter. the gunsmith.. Why crank out a brank new gun when you can just craft the parts to rebuld the old Limiteds. (I actually listened to a player who told me this Idea, I mulled it around, and thought.. "Hey I wouldn't have to craft the gun, only the parts.. (It's an idea that hopefully will come soon enought..

Now as for othing things. Tming is back, and with a vengance.. and now i have a feeling with the compet system, those tamers will have a big job breakin in those pets to use in a fighting arna.. and it gives their system more viability.. (I tried animal taming and I liked it.. and still do..

Server tests and repairs.. Now this is a bigone that is a plas in K;las' corner and this goes back to July 2014.. When the servers on that faithful July day went down for 18 hours.. and suddenly people were screaming.. "FIX IT!"

The reality is.. did the simmonds really make this game playable? No they did not.. Remembeback in 2009 when the Gamebryo system was in place? and they said, Oh we're going to close out Gamebryo and put i CE2? Do you remmber what the time frame was? 2 days.. just 2.. and you know what I think theey got the tech boys to do? Wback up the data, wipe the servers and just dropped the entire Lock stock and CE2 barrel righ tonthe old Camebryo server.. and then held it together with Bailing wire and duct tape.. hoping the servers wouldn't crash.. well hate to say it but they did.. And who fixed this problem? not the ones who caused it. by the time they had left they know they'd try and make some points with the customers saying.."See we didn't know this was going to happen.."

Yet who fixed it? Klas did.. and in fact Let's go a bit deeper here.. Server stress tests? okay this shows that someone is on the ball and is knowing what to do by testing the servers to see if people can stand around at win.. like 10 tousand of us.. and to also not have the servers go south when an event goes on.. IN short, I think what is going on, is that Klas is setting us up not for fail but rather to make us all happy... with less lag, less issues with server failures and of course what we want.. a happier and more enjoyable game..

Now you want o know why I say this? It comes forom that one post about h"Hey where did all these people come from? " SOme of them are the older players returning but some, are the new kids ..

And now they don't have to depo as much (Go look at the depo transfer section when you depo drectly in game.. what's the minimum? 2 bucks.. (That's right, I tried it with 5, and I got my ped, no issues..
Now the thing is remember back 2 years ago? How much could we do? 10 bucks minimum.. and that's a large statement..

Palyers still don't have to depo if they want to really earn their money the correct way which is hard work, but for those of them who want to depo.. 2 bucks is all you need to really get stared..(How much is a gun now/ 2-5 ped.. and the ammo? Maybe another 10-20.. and thus that comes out to about 25 ped.. or less than 3 bucks.. todayl..

Now are there really any Negatyives here.. well other than the crafters whining about poor returns and the hunters an minging reciprocating in turn, I thinnk the real issue will be the issue with Loot and the shrapnel will be the kicker..Longer game play and more loot means happier players.. (No issue withat that here.. as I keep saing over and over.. What bad loot?)

sure we might not see as many gun drops but what if we started to see new weapons and new amrmor that can be cfafted and sold? Would make some players happy to know that while their shogun is good, maybe a new craftable armor might be better..(And anyone who is hgetting rid of their adjusted Pixie is muy loco, not me.. As I believe in the stuff.. Now if a crrtain mentor (who shall remain nameless) were to hand me over a set, well I'd be more than happy and call it even for the 150 bucks I had to pay to get ot of a farming mentorship..

But then hey I got the armor already.. No need to. Sure I had a good friend who quit to actually give me a complete set and this stuff is not a bad armor.. anyone tossing it up on uction is plumb loco..

So really when you really sit down and look at things.. Have we gotten better? (Well if the negative Ninnies would hush down and be quiet for a moment , I think the worst is over.. you can whine and complain all you want, but I think the issue is.. You haven't changed your play style to say the least.. you're just going about it in the wrong way..)

So in the end, l;et's see.. Simmonds? Promises and ore promises and not much delivery.. Moreau/ Small steps forward andnothing backwards really.. (Better UI, better things like Crafting stas, ) I mean the list goes on and on..

Now if anyone wants to say Mr. Klas Moreau is not doing his job, I bet when the time comes he'll be making ou eat crow, your hat and your words, followed by a rabid Tasmaniian Devil stuck in our underwaear.. (All joking aside..)

So whatever itis, I'm betting it's going to be that compet and stage 2 of the taming.(After all I bet some of you waould lvoe to tame a trox.. or something else.. and use itin battle..

But hey .. that'at just a theory.. A game theory!Thanks for reading..
(Oh and if Matthew Patterson (Otherwise known as MatPat) is reading this, maybe he should try this game out.. after all if WoW can't save the economies of the world, maybe we can give the world leaders something to show!)

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His _Dog_Spot.
Great, I brought a five foot ladder, for this ten foot wall of text! ;) Love the optimism though! :yup:

Next step towards messing everything up at this rate would be mining probe "shrapnel" in mining loot. Maybe we'll see that soon lol

Back