List of passive buffs on pets

Hi there,
I've made the test today, as suggested above; I'm here now to post the screenshot of the buff:

Adjusted Autoloot Pill: 30 meters
Autoloot pet (in this case was a Mountain Gorilla): 5 meters

As you can see from the picture above seems that those stacks due the image says "Total 35meters" ...while strenght says "30 meters";

I've looted some mobs as suggested from Falagor.... unfortunately I was able to loot the mob only doing despawn and move towards killed mob 1 step; it was at <30meter range;

Now... Could you compare the description of the buff posted above with others buff and tell me if it means that the 2 buffs doesn't stack or it means that it is a bug to solve? tyvm (dunno which buff could be used or if some picture of others stack are posted somewhere in the forum; in that case link me the thread with the picture or post yourself your picture, so I can understand, thx).

Risen

This is how run speed buff look like (item + action):

Item buff is from: Summer Ring 2016 + Hermetic Ring Adjusted (20% + 8%) - caped at 25%
Action buff is from: Tethys Creek Mulled Wine (30%) - caped at 35%

Total is caped at 50% and strength is showing that.

So as you can see the autoloot buff is kind off unusuall and different since it shows no caps at all (all other buffs do so far).
That is why i think currently autoloot is bugged (strength should be the same as total since there are no visible caps, right?)

And there is for sure no "hidden" cap at 30m range (total) since there is augmented auto-loot pill that it alone has 50m range autoloot (comes from boxes and has 72h time - Soko showed me item link so it exists).

So this seems rather like "stacking bug" that was in place long time ago with speed buffs too (they did not stack even though they were showing numbers - your avatar was not running faster - now this is fixed but aperently not for autoloot).

@edit:
now i am even more curious about the Christmas ring too... can someone who owns one, test the ring + autoloot pills? (and ofcourse ring + pet autoloot too if possible).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
So as you can see the autoloot buff is kind off unusuall and different since it shows no caps at all (all other buffs do so far).
That is why i think currently autoloot is bugged (strength should be the same as total since there are no visible caps, right?)

Totally agree!

I made support asking about the autoloot stacking - still waiting for reply.

On the second matter - the Arkadia 1/7 prizes have been announced:

3rd Prize:
Sarah Kazanori Louise - 17290 Norm. Score
Oratan Axe Pet

3rd Prize:
Alex Udrica Geanina - 28064 Norm. Score
Oratan Axe Pet

3rd Prize:
James Jimmy Stryker - 26600 Norm. Score
Oratan Axe Pet

Also i heard that Oratan Axe was already ingame before but it seems it is not on Aeolus list yet too.

So if someone happens to know owner of the pet or mayby metioned winners in Ark GR - mayby we could get some screenies? :)

Falagor
:bandit:

so, which pet is the 'best' to chase down for the buffs in today's market, considering all costs involved such as food cost, decay costs to tame em, difficulty in leveling each of em, etc.

the right question

so, which pet is the 'best' to chase down for the buffs in today's market, considering all costs involved such as food cost, decay costs to tame em, difficulty in leveling each of em, etc.

That, detective, is the right question.

Can we get a table of all pet hp counts so we know how much they take to tame? Seems entropedia is out of date on these mobs hp counts.

Can we get a table of all pet hp counts so we know how much they take to tame? Seems entropedia is out of date on these mobs hp counts.

It might prove difficult to measure that. It's a lot easier to tame a hog than say a ruby dragon. Because the hogg has adequate HP to whip down the 'spirit' to then attempt a tame. With a ruby dragon you might have to knock down the total HP 3 or 4 times to attempt tame.

In other words the spirit of the mob compared to it's HP is the bigger question. That's why some really rare devils or dragons can take a few hours to tame them.

edit: Another often non-debated or missed measure is the marker on the spirit (the white bar), if you're 100% skilled to tame a mob, then this marker will be at 50% along the bar. I've seen videos on youtube of tamers where that spirit bar is not at 50%....it needs much more whipping before the system will allow them to "attempt a tame".

So there's tons of variables to consider.

Rick

Last edited:
Actually I was looking for just the hp of all tamable creatures in general, sorry maybe I should have been clearer.

you could also use a scanner from trade terminal to determine the hp of a mob (stamina*10 = hp)

Explain me please, what is the use of "pet focus"? It increases the critical chance of the pet? Can the pet attack the enemies? If not, what exactly is the use of this buff?

Explain me please, what is the use of "pet focus"? It increases the critical chance of the pet? Can the pet attack the enemies? If not, what exactly is the use of this buff?

When you have your pet do a trick it loses focus points. Over time it will regain the points and having pet focus active will make it regain those points faster. The higher the pet focus the lower amount of food will be used per trick. So is cheaper to have your pet do tricks when it is 95 - 100 focus rather then when its in the 60's.

Hope that explained it well enough,

SpikE

any chance you could update the op spreadsheet with list of levels and/or links to the mob entries either on entropedia or here in the forum.

You can't tame mobs higher than your taming level... you can however purchase one already tamed and use it above your level.

When you have your pet do a trick it loses focus points. Over time it will regain the points and having pet focus active will make it regain those points faster. The higher the pet focus the lower amount of food will be used per trick. So is cheaper to have your pet do tricks when it is 95 - 100 focus rather then when its in the 60's.

Hope that explained it well enough,

SpikE

Typically, if you don't brush the pet every login you get about 3 tricks in before the focus is too low to make it worthwhile... some would say only 2, but I find 3 ok... first drops it down to about 96%, second to about 90%, third to like 85%... after that it drops to around 50% so it's not worth it after that... If you log in a bunch just do 3 tricks every log in and you shouldn't have to spend a lot on brushes unless you are in a hurry.

Typically, if you don't brush the pet every login you get about 3 tricks in before the focus is too low to make it worthwhile... some would say only 2, but I find 3 ok... first drops it down to about 96%, second to about 90%, third to like 85%... after that it drops to around 50% so it's not worth it after that... If you log in a bunch just do 3 tricks every log in and you shouldn't have to spend a lot on brushes unless you are in a hurry.

Depends on pets and tricks. I personally do only "Dance" and get lots of tricks before it drops below 50%.

Ok, I tested. Have only 2 pets on me atm, so here is how much focus % left after each trick:

Arret ("easy", lvl 10) - 99, 99, 99, 98, 96, 91, 83, 72, 58
Hogglo Pygmy ("average", lvl 13) - 99, 99, 99, 98, 96, 91, 83, 72, 56

Btw, what's that about brushes? They don't affect focus, and really do nothing if your pet has 100% mood and affection, which they never lose as long as their hunger doesn't drop below 25%. Yes you can use a brush on a new pet to quickly raise its mood/affection but they gain it fast enough naturally (last pet I tamed, K-1, I just fully fed it and despawned, didn't do anything with it; it was 100% on both when I spawned it next day).

Depends on pets and tricks. I personally do only "Dance" and get lots of tricks before it drops below 50%.

Ok, I tested. Have only 2 pets on me atm, so here is how much focus % left after each trick:

Arret ("easy", lvl 10) - 99, 99, 99, 98, 96, 91, 83, 72, 58
Hogglo Pygmy ("average", lvl 13) - 99, 99, 99, 98, 96, 91, 83, 72, 56

Btw, what's that about brushes? They don't affect focus, and really do nothing if your pet has 100% mood and affection, which they never lose as long as their hunger doesn't drop below 25%. Yes you can use a brush on a new pet to quickly raise its mood/affection but they gain it fast enough naturally (last pet I tamed, K-1, I just fully fed it and despawned, didn't do anything with it; it was 100% on both when I spawned it next day).

Thanks for the tip. I'll start using dance more. Previously I was using roll over more thinking higher level trick gave more xp, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I'll start using dance more. Previously I was using roll over more thinking higher level trick gave more xp, etc.

That is correct; higher level tricks give more xp than lower level tricks.

Focus % is one thing, cost per trick and xp gained for doing that trick is quite another.

I did some tests a few months back, maybe I test again as MA do like to tweak things under the hood.

Basically:

The cost of 'doing' each trick is static regardless of the pet focus %.
However you will get less xp for a trick, the lower the focus.
That said the tolerance of tricks varies and probably based on skill level.

What do I mean by tolerance?

Say you trick a pet with dance at 99% focus and it provides 4 xp
At 98% focus is still might provide 4 xp
But at 97% is might only provide 3 xp.

That means you paid the same amount cost in food bars to do the trick (as cost is static), but wasted "one" xp tricking it at 97% rather than 98%.

The higher the level of trick the higher the focus it required to get the maximum xp for that trick.

The tolerance level changes depending on the rarity of the pet. You might be able to push an easy pet to say 60% and still get max xp for doing dance (you need to test yourself). But with rarer hard to train, pets you will not be able to get away with that with low focus.

I disagree with the fans that love to do just "dance". You can get 24xp for an exotic trick on a high-end pet at 99% focus, although it will knock the focus back to about 24%. However focus recovers very fast from that level, and you "got" 100% of the xp for doing that trick.

You would have to do 6 x dance at 99% focus to get the "same" 24 points in trick value.
I'm sure if you measured that in time and the focus recovery, you'd be better using the exotic trick.

Do not confuse "passive" xp gain with trick xp gain. All pets will gain passive xp gain anyway. xp while it's spawned. I'm sure the dance fans, take passive xp gain into account.

Now food.

I did an experiment a while back that showed lower level tricks cost more as a ratio of xp gained/per cost of trick, and it was better value for money to do the higher level tricks. I want to check this again, but I'm sure MA decided to charge more for lower tricks because that's what inexperienced trainers do most.

One more thing, you do get more skill for wasting bars and tricking a lot at low focus. That is no secret.
But that's like buying ammo for 220%, you would better taming mobs for skill than paying 220% food costs....lol.

I could go on, but when I read some PCF comments say X-bunny cost that person 600 ped in bars to train to level x, I often say to myself.....that was foolish.

Rick

Last edited:
Basically: ...
You must spread some... Thank you for this very informative summary.

I am training a WolperTinger (don't ask me what for) by just keeping him around while hunting, and whenever focus is 100% and I can remember to stop for a second I let him do the highest trick, which is "rock out". Never below 100%. Not entirely knowing what I'm doing, was just hoping that this would be the most efficient method both in cost and time. The above seems to confirm that, but any corrections are appreciated.

You must spread some... Thank you for this very informative summary.

I am training a WolperTinger (don't ask me what for) by just keeping him around while hunting, and whenever focus is 100% and I can remember to stop for a second I let him do the highest trick, which is "rock out". Never below 100%. Not entirely knowing what I'm doing, was just hoping that this would be the most efficient method both in cost and time. The above seems to confirm that, but any corrections are appreciated.

Thanks you San.

Sure that is the most cost effective way to train it. Being a low level pet you should be able to get away with tricking it slightly lower focus. As I said before you need to carry out some personal experiments on that. Using the "item info" not pet status.

This is because item info provides information to 2 decimal places. Measure, do your trick, dismiss pet and look at item info again. If you can fully feed your pet first before a trick, and feed it again after the trick to get the cost of tricks. You need to try and exclude the passive xp gain while it's spawned to take those measures (hence dismiss it fast).

You can't lose tricking at 100% focus though, especially if in no rush. Training pets is a patience game, and MA make more money off those that lack it.

Rick

Information about new [Yog Hatchling Pet] was added to the spreadsheet: link.

It has a new unique buff - Excavator Mastery: Excavation reload speed increase 10%.

yog_hatchling_pet_info.jpg

yog_hatchling_pet_buffs.jpg

Last edited:
For info that Yog pet (from Monria) is very hard to tame, due mainly because it loses respect even if you wear Amor and it hits you for zero. Plus it has a lot of spirit for a low HP pet, so combining the two above means you have to take a ton of hits and wait for full HP regain once the spirit is knocked down enough....to then attempt a full 'respect' climb to attempt a tame, before the HP runs out.

Add to that the 1920's music on Monria, and it's frustrating as hell (sure you can turn your volume down). The respect issue might be a bug that needs fixing. I tamed 8 over a few hours, sold them all bar one. Covered my losses anyway. Not going back :p

Rick

For info that Yog pet (from Monria) is very hard to tame, due mainly because it loses respect even if you wear Amor and it hits you for zero. Plus it has a lot of spirit for a low HP pet, so combining the two above means you have to take a ton of hits and wait for full HP regain once the spirit is knocked down enough....to then attempt a full 'respect' climb to attempt a tame, before the HP runs out.

Add to that the 1920's music on Monria, and it's frustrating as hell (sure you can turn your volume down). The respect issue might be a bug that needs fixing. I tamed 8 over a few hours, sold them all bar one. Covered my losses anyway. Not going back :p

Rick
what's the coordinates of the spawn?

what's the coordinates of the spawn?

I don't know didn't write it down, friend took me from the TP.

Go to TP 3 in the cave, then go east until you hit a left turn.
Head along there, until there's a small gap in the rock wall on the left (not easy to see) then you're there.
Ask someone I guess when on Monria.

Hope that helps a bit though.

Rick

Very cool looking, never been to Monria, perhaps a reason to go check it out

Yog Horror

Got a call from hitman to help tame a Yog Horror, I assume rare on Monria.

Not the best of pictures, more to show it exists.

Note for Monria Devs:

The taming logic needs some serious adjustment.

I estimate, it will take a good 20 - 30 full mob HP turns (maybe more), to bring the spirit down to tameable levels.
But the issue is the tame 'respect'. Unlike the common hog where you've got a chance to gain full respect with one mob full HP turn. this rare Yog has huge respect as well as spirit, so it would mean waiting for more HP, whilst losing respect again.

It appeared a waste of time with the current logic to spend 5 hours bringing down the spirit, to then find it's probably impossible to get the respect up (due to the mob losses respect so fast, even for hitting zero).

I suggest people don't waste peds trying to tame one, until it's fixed. Was fun to try it though.

all the best

Rick

Note for Monria Devs:

The taming logic needs some serious adjustment.

all the best

Rick

Agree, MA needs to rebalance the taming time logics and fix other bugs ingame as well.

Yog Horror's buff offers a 25% Excavator mastery once unlocked at lvl 15 (referenced by the new owner of a Yog Horror who I chatted ingame with as I saw their pet (blueish gray color pet) was pretty bigger than usual in comparison to my Yog Hatchling, lol).

Ref.: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?302981-The-Unique-pet-of-Monria

Last edited:
http://www.monria.com/forum/threads/leprechaun-white-pet-stats.4611/

All this monria stuff is fine an dandy but there are no tameable arrets in the mean time.... much less rare versions of em. . Guess moons take priority over full scale planets?

Currently the Arrets are bugged an cannot be tamed at this time, nothing was changed on our end so we're trying to see what caused the issue and resolve it with MindArk.

Also not sure about the not so subtle hint that exportable critters at lvl 1 that were already tamed are going to start having to be lvl 7 to export... so much for stats not being changed retroactively
When the first pets were introduced to Monria my intention was to make it so that they are exportable only at level 7 to all planets including Calypso. At that time due to the way Monria is implemented that was not possible but it looks like we now have a way to achieve this and it is my intention to have this implemented in the future.

Last edited:
Back