Question: Hey, i'm looking for a mentor.

SvtSacredWar

Hello,

I'm currently searching for a mentor, here is my info:

1. I mainly like to hunt and mine.

2. I live in the EU.

3. I would consider myself quite active.

4. I have been playing for about 4 days now and i have deposited some money into the game.

5. I have a weapon and i have armor.

6. my ingame name is Svt Sacred War.

7. I searched the ingame mentorship menu but that didn't help a whole lot. (missing information).

I appreciate you reading this and i hope someone out there is willing to mentor me.

Hey there. I would like to offer some advice. Just my opinion, but I think there id truth to it.

First, while having a mentor, can be helpful, it is hardly necessary. Having a mentor can mean needing to devote more time and money into a game, that you may decide you dont like.

4 days, is hardly enough time to know much. Like for one, I would not have deposited anything, the first 4 days. Also using armour is pretty much a waste as well.

Also, just "getting a mentor" without knowing the game and people a bit better, can be a waste.
I made the same mistake early on, and my mentor ended up not playing after a while, and has been offline for months.
I was about 25% done with my mentorship, and I was ready to start over when I realized my mentor was not coming back.. But, then I found out I didnt have to, since I already had the "hunt with mentor" unlocked.

Anyhow, my point is, I would play for at least a month, or so..get to know the game, and meet various people.
Some mentors can be kinda arrogant..or rich in the game..and will expect you to throw tons of money at the game , to hurry up and complete mentorship. Also, some mentors..dont know squat about the game, that they think they know. You can learn a lot on your own first. Then down the road, consider your options.

Just my 2 pecs.

Hey there. I would like to offer some advice. Just my opinion, but I think there id truth to it.

First, while having a mentor, can be helpful, it is hardly necessary. Having a mentor can mean needing to devote more time and money into a game, that you may decide you dont like.

4 days, is hardly enough time to know much. Like for one, I would not have deposited anything, the first 4 days. Also using armour is pretty much a waste as well.

Also, just "getting a mentor" without knowing the game and people a bit better, can be a waste.
I made the same mistake early on, and my mentor ended up not playing after a while, and has been offline for months.
I was about 25% done with my mentorship, and I was ready to start over when I realized my mentor was not coming back.. But, then I found out I didnt have to, since I already had the "hunt with mentor" unlocked.

Anyhow, my point is, I would play for at least a month, or so..get to know the game, and meet various people.
Some mentors can be kinda arrogant..or rich in the game..and will expect you to throw tons of money at the game , to hurry up and complete mentorship. Also, some mentors..dont know squat about the game, that they think they know. You can learn a lot on your own first. Then down the road, consider your options.

Just my 2 pecs.

yes but what you also have to realize is that there is a reward for finishing a discipleship, where you get a free adjusted pixie set along with other goodies which you won't get if you abandon your mentor. There are good mentors and there are bad, you just need to make sure you find a good one if you can. But if you're going to play the game regardless, you might as well get the free benefit of having finished a discipleship

i can mentor you, but its not gonna be a pony ranch. :wise:

Just my 2 pecs.

I never said that i used armor, in fact i almost never do, they only cost money to repair + you don't even need it with small mobs.

I think i do have the basics down, i've been reading up on tutorials/ looking online for anything that is tutorial- worthy. (about being eco and such.)

I just bought the gold package, I understand that you wouldn't deposit that early but it's just that i was in love with the game on first sight =)

I highly appreciate your comment.

yes but what you also have to realize is that there is a reward for finishing a discipleship, where you get a free adjusted pixie set along with other goodies which you won't get if you abandon your mentor. There are good mentors and there are bad, you just need to make sure you find a good one if you can. But if you're going to play the game regardless, you might as well get the free benefit of having finished a discipleship

Oh, ya I agree. But my point is, some people dont realize, that finishing a mentorship, will take quite a bit of time, and money, and is in no way a "free ride" A lot of people may assume, that a mentor would help to cover some of the costs. ( Maybe some do, buying them a UL gun, or fapper etc) But I doubt they will pay for decay and ammo burn.

And like you said, some are not good mentors, and I think it would take at least a few weeks of actively talking, with prospective mentors, to make sure they are a good fit. SOme people may be able to just depo a few hundred buks, and finish up quickly. While others can only depo 10-20 a month, and it will take considerable longer.

SOme people may be able to just depo a few hundred buks, and finish up quickly. While others can only depo 10-20 a month, and it will take considerable longer.

I fully understand your point, but what you said above is not correct. Few hundreds bucks = few thousands PED, really an overkill to finish discipleship. If I remember correctly, 300-350 PED CYCLED in the right place was all it needed, so 20 bucks depo would be enough.

After puny nerfs both in skilling and in loot, might be a bit different now, but not by much. Repairing still remains the fastest, loot-less one.

Hey Sacred, glad to see you made it here!

Good luck on your mentor search. You're doing the right thing looking for somebody who plays in your time zone.

As always I'm available to help in Private Message no matter what, so feel free to ask.

Back