EBN Breaking News - Virus Outbreak

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Scientists at Planet Calypso’s Institute of Xenobiology have released alarming reports of the resurgence of a terrifying and deadly virus, Palmer Rabies. Dr. Mosi-os-Tunya explains that the virus, previously considered to have been eradicated in humans via vaccines, causes those infected to experience an intense desire for bloodlust and violence, and now appears to have crossed over to several of Calypso’s indigenous humanoids, including Mulmun and Mulaak’f.

The seasonal migration of the docile Eomon and Longtooth herds have attracted not only the usual carnivores such as Atrox, but also enraged humanoids potentially infected with a new strain of the Palmer Rabies virus. Colonists are urged to use extreme caution when traveling in close proximity with the migrating herds, and to receive booster inoculation shots for the Palmer Rabies virus at their nearest Colonial Health Care center.

Dr. Mosi-os-Tunya also stressed the importance of the ongoing drive to collect Eomon Blood Samples to assist scientists in containing the outbreak and preventing another Palmer Rabies epidemic among the human population of Calypso.

***A portion of the proceeds from the Eomon Blood Sample quest will be donated in the name of Cecil the Lion to the University of Oxford Wildlife Conservation Research Unit: [url]www.wildcru.org[/URL]

Originally Posted Here

edit: stupid me, can't read, good cause :( feeling for the animals killed for the "fun" of it
thought Cecil were a fictional character in the story...

Last edited:
The donation is great; I don't care how big it is, as long as it is for a legit cause I approve of it. On top of which, I'm going to go ahead and guess that finances are looking alot better this summer as MA feels like they can afford giving away a cut.

Interesting indeed. Wonder what crazy boss mobs they implemented?

There is nothing worse than some dickless little man that has to go trophy hunt thing like lions.

Save me the conservation argument that hunting thins over-population and helps maintain some species...I understand that, and I am fine with common animals being hunted each year for food...deer, fish, etc.

But there is no :censored: reason in the world to have to kill a lion next to a game preserve.

It is :censored: disgusting. :censored: trophy hunters.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
57039955.jpg

Ok but seriously wtf does this mean??? Where is healthcare centers? Palmer an npc?

Donation should rather have been used to hire someone to cut the head of that moron!
:removed: i hate dentists!! :mad:

But good cause still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Mosi-os-Tunya explains that the virus, previously considered to have been eradicated in humans via vaccines, causes those infected to experience an intense desire for bloodlust and violence,

Eradicated? Isn't bloodlust and violence exactly what we'd been busy with since the start of colonization? :scratch2:

Eradicated? Isn't bloodlust and violence exactly what we'd been busy with since the start of colonization? :scratch2:

Yeah, for the mobs.

However, if YOU get infected you permanently turn into a boorum vampire. So go get your vaccine.

Haven't these Mulmun and Mulaak’f been out there following the migration around for a few weeks already? :laugh:

Forum/social media on the internet and a old wild west lynch mob have a lot in common

Not only hate and violence against guys like this dentist, (dosn't matter how wrong he was doing that) but also violence and agression vs minorities and people with vievpoints that deviate from the masses. In the real world i would call this fashism but on the internet its "normal".

Its so easy to stir up people on the net, i wonder if the next big world war will start here.

and no im not pointing at anyone that was meant universally

For Realz though - is there anything interesting added or going on?

I think this is the first Bertha Bot announcement I've seen in which more people discuss the real world issue mentioned (as an aside) rather than the main announcement.

All those blue Mulmun are cool (IMHO) :)

RW: I hope he loses all his patients, he has been worldwide shamed. Killing endangered animals is not cool with me. <removed>

Last edited:
How about some of the proceeds be donated to fix this laggy ass game...

Reactions: Mac
How about some of the proceeds be donated to fix this laggy ass game...

Here here. I am all for charity, but MA isn't in the charity business. This looks like a politicians attempt at mis-direction. Spending profits they got from the player base for anything but fixing their broke ass game is FUBAR! :mad:

Forum/social media on the internet and a old wild west lynch mob have a lot in common

Not only hate and violence against guys like this dentist, (dosn't matter how wrong he was doing that) but also violence and agression vs minorities and people with vievpoints that deviate from the masses. In the real world i would call this fashism but on the internet its "normal".

Its so easy to stir up people on the net, i wonder if the next big world war will start here.

and no im not pointing at anyone that was meant universally

Already has. It's proven that Chinese/Russians pay to plant people to stir up discontent in social media and comment sections in news articles.. I am also pretty sure our govt. agencies do it too. It is a new type of sabotage.

So,
Blah, blah, blah. People losing interest in the "migration".
Blah, blah, blah. Strap some water skis on Fonzi.
Blah, blah, blah.

Yes; next year they will implement a Dentist Migration.

that would have been more appropriate. Let people kill a boss mob with the same name as the Lion killer.

So,
Blah, blah, blah. People losing interest in the "migration".
Blah, blah, blah. Strap some water skis on Fonzi.
Blah, blah, blah.

TBH, I've known of this expression for many years but never actually seen it.

If you're like me, you can see what Rumsponge refers too.

I think fixing the server next Tuesday will have more of an effect of whether people choose to stay in with 10 second chat and loot lags though. Better late than never. :thumbup:

Back