Killing Noobs at Sweating Circle

We need to get the sweat market under control. :wise:

Kill all noobs

:sniper::dodge:

I also find it humorous when people suggest those who play the game to PvP somehow have a faulty "moral compass". Gimme a break, what a laugh. IT'S A GAME, play it however you will, within the rules. People who PvP aren't criminals, thieves, terrorists, murderers IRL...they're just GAME PLAYERS. Cripes.

I also find it humorous when people suggest those who play the game to PvP somehow have a faulty "moral compass". Gimme a break, what a laugh. IT'S A GAME, play it however you will, within the rules. People who PvP aren't criminals, thieves, terrorists, murderers IRL...they're just GAME PLAYERS. Cripes.

Actually, I said "Different Moral Compass".. If you consider it faulty, that's your cross to bear.

You are right, people who PVP are highly skilled players. PVP is about dueling to see who has the best skills and equipment. What is happening at Orthos or Royal Club in no way resembles True PVP and is, as stated before, a cheap way to skill PVP without the dangers of actually getting killed or even hurt.

What THIS is would be like an adult walking into a kindergarten schoolyard and picking a fight with all the kids and then being proud that they beat them all up. If that kind of thing can make you proud, more power to you.

People who REALLY do PVP would laugh at these guys as they wipe the floor with them (and I have known many over the years).

People who REALLY do PVP would laugh at these guys as they wipe the floor with them (and I have known many over the years).

As I am in no way a PVPer here, I still have to say: no they wouldn't. In this game they would ask: how many skills you get off them.

PvP is like life, never completely "fair"...
It's also the fastest way to find out who's who. Whiners carebears cowards. Funny crazy boring ones. Sneaky ones, jackasses, the ones you can trust.
I found my best friends in battle. Some were fighting with me, some against me... None of this really matters in the end. The show must go on.

I get it this thread is mostly about one guy, not the usual killing sprees? It sure wouldn't hurt to wipe the floor with him now and then. Then again, if nobody got the time, I'm sure noobs will find a way to deal with it.
Sooner or later (prolly later lol) they'll realize it's all part of the fun whichever way it goes... ;)

What THIS is would be like an adult walking into a kindergarten schoolyard and picking a fight with all the kids and then being proud that they beat them all up. If that kind of thing can make you proud, more power to you.

Nope, that's a bad analogy on more than a few fronts. First, are you suggesting all the sweaters are hapless children, while presuming that all PvP'ers are bullying adults? Haha! Try again. I would suggest the average age of both parties is the same IRL.

Second, I love your example setting being a kindergarten schoolyard. No sir. How about this, as a more apt analogy: The setting is a large boxing ring within which a bunch of non-boxers are gathered, and a boxer hops in and starts sparring with them? If the non-boxers are unhappy with that, they should exit the ring. :dunce:

I'm not even a PK'er but I find this whole "moral compass" thing a riot.

Talk to me about kill-stealing, on the other hand, and it's a totally different story. If you don't like being PVP'd, get the hell out of the PVP zone.

Just wanted to tell community about this society and their childish behaviour.

Newbie players has started keep their sweating circles at ~royal club teleporter. Circles are growing all the time and active sweating has been happening like 20 hours in day. Circles has had +50 people when traffic has been biggest. Also Calypso Advisers has opened worm holes from icarus here for newbies. Area is non lootable PvP so its possible kill afkers if they are on way if mob will be turreted and thats one reason why people like sweat here. Circles stay pretty active.

Now last few days these idiots has came and start killing sweaters all the time. it seems that they dont have better things to do than kill newbies.

Just wanted let everyone know what kind of idiots these two people are.

<removed>

-Chiee

Pkers are NOT your problem but sweaters who have bad settings and are afk.
Any afker with "move to target" setting will end sooner or latter in middle of circle sweating floor and making very difficult to sweat for all others.
If not that then such dude will remain near circle or near turret luring mob from circle.
Creating new circle to escape from afkers usualy do not help because mob will be agroed also from those out of circle.
Having afkers in circle is not bad because they share damage and help others to stay a live longer.
Having bad settings is bad.
So teach noobs how to sweat first.
If nothing help then train big mobs on circle to clear afekrs out.
Putting vehicle on sweater is not good solution, he cant sweat but he still can agro sweating mob and you may get sweating area crowded with vehicles lol.

Next solution ofc is PvP.
You have to chose what is more irritating - sweating in non pvp with out of circle idiots and in center of circle idiots or pvp with risk that some hunter kill all there.
Sweater do not need to buy empty sweating bottles.
Sweater do not pay any taxes.
Sweater do not have to buy daily sweating permission licence.
Sweater do not contribute to Pker decay and ammo lost for all dodge skills sweaters get.
At contrary sweater get paid for all that because in the end that same pker may buy sweat esence.
Dodge is at MU 3k+.

Next solution
Sweating solo or with friend or two using armor and killing dry ones.
You pay 9 ped armor, ammo and gun decay for about 3-4k sweat bottles.
And there is no way to get those peds back by selling sweat essence with now days essence prices.
But you do it for challenge, fun and to get rid of all problems free circle may offer.

Ultimate solution.
You deposit so you can buy essence you need.
And on top of that you can help sweaters to skill dodge in PvP.
Yes it will cost you a lot but you do good service to newcomers, skilling them, buying their essence and helping with newcomer retention.
You may also provide them ESI under market price so they can sell dodge they gained.
Anyway you have fun so just deposit.

Nope, that's a bad analogy on more than a few fronts. First, are you suggesting all the sweaters are hapless children, while presuming that all PvP'ers are bullying adults? Haha! Try again. I would suggest the average age of both parties is the same IRL.

I was using the metaphor to describe strength and abilities in game. Really was not reaching into anything about these people IRL.

Second, I love your example setting being a kindergarten schoolyard. No sir. How about this, as a more apt analogy: The setting is a large boxing ring within which a bunch of non-boxers are gathered, and a boxer hops in and starts sparring with them? If the non-boxers are unhappy with that, they should exit the ring. :dunce:

Ok, I can go with this. But these Non-Boxers came there to practice their Yoga and the Boxer comes in sees people practicing Yoga and starts beating the shit out of them (I've never been to a boxing gym so not sure that is how it works anyway).
:boxer:
Should this boxer now be able to say "Well, They were in the boxing ring so I was just sparring with them. After all, it is a boxing ring."? Would any of those fights go on his record as wins (as kills in PVP would go on a PVP Player's record)? Or was this just a cheap way to win some fights?

I'm not even a PK'er but I find this whole "moral compass" thing a riot.

Glad I can amuse you with this social concept. Here's the definition in case you'd like to laugh some more.

I think you may do yourself a service be re-reading what I wrote and realize that at no time did I say that these "PVPers" were doing anything illegal. Morality is up to the individual and I will agree that everyone must do what they feel is right to them (I.E. their Moral Compass).

I may not agree with their practices. I may even frown upon it, but, that and 50 cents might buy me a coffee.. :coffee:

Talk to me about kill-stealing, on the other hand, and it's a totally different story. If you don't like being PVP'd, get the hell out of the PVP zone.

I agree.. and was one of the choices I gave in my original post if you remember.. :wise:

As I am in no way a PVPer here, I still have to say: no they wouldn't. In this game they would ask: how many skills you get off them.

Followed by "I wish I could get them that easy again. Takes a lot now for me to skill."

Moral Compass???

Terrorists???

Sad? Cowardly???

:scratch2: It is a game mechanic to be PvPed here, it isn't about "honorable battle" or challenging noobs to duels. This is a PvP zone. It's for FUN. These things happen.

If you can't see the fun in it, and can't laugh it off and move on to GETTING FREE STUFF, why are you there in the first place? GO TO BOREAS. Stop crying. I can't believe the level of self-righteous posturing going on here in defense of sweaters who aren't paying for their activity, firstly, and secondly, have agreed to this potential outcome by being there in the first place. You want to have fun, other people want to have fun. Just because it interrupts your fun (legally) doesn't make it MORALLY WRONG. Let's not fling mud where it doesn't need to be flung.

Next thing I'll be hearing someone whine about losing all their lootables in lootable PvP and blaming anyone but themselves. :rolleyes:

If you can't see the fun in it, and can't laugh it off and move on to GETTING FREE STUFF, why are you there in the first place? GO TO BOREAS. Stop crying.:

There is nothing free in this game.. Everything cost something.. Ped or Time.. take your pick..:deal:

Again !

The main issue is not PvPers killing players in a PvP zone.

The main issue are these PvPers that kill a sweat circle , then follow the sweaters to the non-PvP zone and the PvPer then killing the mob of the sweaters that move to avoid these PvPers , aslo the PvPer dragging trains of mobs to the sweat circle.

Why do so many find this as acceptable , continually changing the dialogue to favor their argument.

I would think those that pride themselves on being skilled PvPers would find these cowards to be an embarrassment to the profession.

And , yes this is a situation that could be addressed to MindArk , but wouldn't it be a better solution that the community not accept this behavior and sanction those that put their own ignorance above the growth of the game?

Again !

The main issue is not PvPers killing players in a PvP zone.

The main issue are these PvPers that kill a sweat circle , then follow the sweaters to the non-PvP zone and the PvPer then killing the mob of the sweaters that move to avoid these PvPers , aslo the PvPer dragging trains of mobs to the sweat circle.

Why do so many find this as acceptable , continually changing the dialogue to favor their argument.

Because it's called PvP and they are not mob training you while you hunt your own Mob. You are doing nothing but sweating and for that open for some fun. Yes it my seem as if it sucks, but well sorry but skills are skills and anyway you can get skill and having a little fun is open. Keep in mind that it is costing them a lot to shoot at you with NO hope for loot. So run around and have a little fun -- that is if you are at the keyboard; which again I'm guessing is the main issue here. Sucks to come back to the computer and find your avatar dead isn't it?

Now if you opened up this thread with the subject of mob training while you were hunting, then yes that would be a hole different issue which MA would ban a person for doing.

Plan and simple. Sorry.

You are spot on Bones, PvP is not the problem. In fact it has advantages (which have been mentioned) and of course there are disadvantages - you can get killed, just like as if an aggressive mob was suddenly spawned next to you.

There is nothing wrong with dying - you get "valuable skills", you are revived close by & you provide some fun to some poor pker who was forced to spend many peds in killing you. He was actually doing you a favour (sarcasm off now)

When you think of it there is more chance (usually) that you will be killed by other sweaters - if you are in PvP & go to make a cup of coffee, answer a call of nature etc & while away, your av is blocking the mob from being drawn to the turrents or just grotting up the place, expect to find it killed when you get back.
Most sweaters accept that - there are a few that go all Josey Wales on the evil perpertrators of such killing when the do eventually get back though.
Then there are the tards who should & do no better, they just do irritating stuff for passive/aggressive reasons, ort they are just tards out to cause problems.

When Pkers do come - they usually go through the place like a hurricane, chasing their valuable HOFs or whatever & then they leave. When they hang around & continually kill sweaters, well there are responses to that which generally are effective AND - take screenshots & report to MA for harassment, OR just move out of PvP & continue sweating.

What reactivated this thread & got me going was the trolling posts (check them out), the need to denigrate sweaters so as to have a reason/excuse to kill them. And, obviously they enjoy & look for some player who gets upset by being killed
All I can say is that such players are arseholes, and honestly if you are arseholes - embrace yhour arseholeish nature, you don't need a reason, just go in & kill kill kill. Its a reputation thing

And hey "sweat hogs" that was a new one for me :) . implying that sweaters are sucking up valuable sweat for their own selfish uses & so deserve to be put down like vermin I love it \o/

You are spot on Bones, PvP is not the problem. In fact it has advantages (which have been mentioned) and of course there are disadvantages - you can get killed, just like as if an aggressive mob was suddenly spawned next to you.

There is nothing wrong with dying - you get "valuable skills", you are revived close by & you provide some fun to some poor pker who was forced to spend many peds in killing you. He was actually doing you a favour (sarcasm off now)

When you think of it there is more chance (usually) that you will be killed by other sweaters - if you are in PvP & go to make a cup of coffee, answer a call of nature etc & while away, your av is blocking the mob from being drawn to the turrents or just grotting up the place, expect to find it killed when you get back.
Most sweaters accept that - there are a few that go all Josey Wales on the evil perpertrators of such killing when the do eventually get back though.
Then there are the tards who should & do no better, they just do irritating stuff for passive/aggressive reasons, ort they are just tards out to cause problems.

When Pkers do come - they usually go through the place like a hurricane, chasing their valuable HOFs or whatever & then they leave. When they hang around & continually kill sweaters, well there are responses to that which generally are effective AND - take screenshots & report to MA for harassment, OR just move out of PvP & continue sweating.

What reactivated this thread & got me going was the trolling posts (check them out), the need to denigrate sweaters so as to have a reason/excuse to kill them. And, obviously they enjoy & look for some player who gets upset by being killed
All I can say is that such players are arseholes, and honestly if you are arseholes - embrace yhour arseholeish nature, you don't need a reason, just go in & kill kill kill. Its a reputation thing

And hey "sweat hogs" that was a new one for me :) . implying that sweaters are sucking up valuable sweat for their own selfish uses & so deserve to be put down like vermin I love it \o/

I think I'm actually legitly being trolled.
OR this thread is actually getting funnier and funnier to read :laugh:

Last edited:

Sweat hogs is an endearing term. For years, whenever I go to a circle to help out, I say, "Hi sweat hogs". I have given away more to new players than you have ever made sweating, so I would not attack my motives. Besides healing sweaters and killing dry mobs, I have given away weapons, ammo, armor, arranged events on Cyrene with my old pal Menace where I crafted and gave away launchers. I have taken groups of new players, given them guns and ammo, taken them hunting and let them keep all the loot. Even farther back (before vehicles), I used to run players to tps and shoot through the mobs so they could get where they were going.

All that said, I don't care to hear free players bitching and moaning about getting killed in a pvp zone....or losing the oil rig teat. I was a free player in the past. I never bitched about my lot in life. I chose to play that way. Now I choose to play quite differently, but I still have an affinity for new players...(or at least I did before all these whine threads started popping up).

Get over it already.

The 70's TV show "Welcome back Kotter" featured a group of teens called the sweat hogs (just for your reference).

I did mention the fact I had never heard the term before :)
And "Welcome Back Kotter" some US sitcom back in Nixon's day, like Mr Ed & I Dream of Genie?
before my time Grandpa, but thank you for the info.

Sorry Mother Theresa, I admit I did make an assumption there - so Sweat Hogs (of which I guess I am one) are nice people - I am glad to hear that \o/.
Do you have weapons & armour for me then :) ?

And, what am I supposed to get over already? legitimately trolling Manique??

And , yes this is a situation that could be addressed to MindArk , but wouldn't it be a better solution that the community not accept this behavior and sanction those that put their own ignorance above the growth of the game?

Just curious how would you have us sanction other players exactly?

IIRC Sweat Hogs was a term that's been around for a very very long time. And well, it is kind of selfish because you're getting something for nothing so I don't see the problem?

As for the trolling posts, this thread was all about upset sweaters who wanted to criticize PvPers on their "morality" and their character and whatever else. So I don't see how that's being turned on its head now as if PvPer's began this entire dialogue to whine about sweaters. The only incentive to kill sweaters more was given by those in this thread who decided to take it to that level, you know, the level involving insulting PvPers and making assumptions about their personalities?

Yes, it's PvP. Please, by all means, HIT back. Team up and defend yourselves!!! Why not?

So Sweat Hogs are kind of selfish now, getting something for nothing. :rolleyes:
So we aren't necessarily good people. geez make up your minds.

As opposed to pkers who spend valuable peds to give Sweaters "valuable skills"

There has to be something in it for the pkers?? wait, reading back I noticed there is - they get enjoyment out of the salty tears that some newish sweaters spill, they get enjoyment out of others distress.
And there I was questioning the morality of some pkers.

And such valuable advice in posts:
"Yes, it's PvP. Please, by all means, HIT back. Team up and defend yourselves!!! Why not? "

Now strange as it may seem, I prefer hunting. I go sweating when my funds are low - and there is a social aspect in sweating.
I do not have that much ammo available.
But where possible, I will have a go, even if not fighting I rush the pker get in his way & so collect valuable skills by the bucketful - if you don't factor the lost sweat into it, its a real win/win situation.

And as for the fighting back, I can remember when a pker came - took on everyone in her bra & knickers (plus an awfully big club) I was totally outclassed & so was everyone else.
It was an impressive display, but were people impressed?
I can remember one sweaters comment "White German Angles!, White German Twats more likely"
Obviously people were impressed
And I am noticing that despite statements that its not the case, there keeps being repeated, whiney thread, pvp area, and so on.
I am suspecting bots are getting involved - truly they cause more trouble than pkers ever do

As opposed to pkers who spend valuable peds to give Sweaters "valuable skills"

Oops you got it backwards in your reading. The sweaters are giving the PKers the valuable skills and is why they are 'attacking' the sweaters who are mostly afking it and why as well they are being attacked in the PvP area. But at the end the key is PvP. PvP sucks yes but well if the sweaters want to go into the PvP area then they are open game for pkers to skill off of. End of subject.

But then again you are right, forgot about the sweaters. The PKers are giving the sweaters free skills as well. So with that in mind I'm not sure what the issue is here. They should be thanking them for that skill.

But no. The issue is that the sweaters are afking and are getting pissed off finding themselves at the revive all the time when checking the PC.

I was there on one of the sprees, no biggy to be honest. They got their amount, logged and got swirls; i got some dodge and few people were pissed.

Anyone would think had been for hours, was maybe 5 minutes max lol.

I know it disrupts the sweat circle, but i find it kinda fun tbh.

Oops you got it backwards in your reading. The sweaters are giving the PKers the valuable skills and is why they are 'attacking' the sweaters who are mostly afking it and why as well they are being attacked in the PvP area. But at the end the key is PvP. PvP sucks yes but well if the sweaters want to go into the PvP area then they are open game for pkers to skill off of. End of subject.

But then again you are right, forgot about the sweaters. The PKers are giving the sweaters free skills as well. So with that in mind I'm not sure what the issue is here. They should be thanking them for that skill.

But no. The issue is that the sweaters are afking and are getting pissed off finding themselves at the revive all the time when checking the PC.

Please understand that, like all hunting, the higher skilled the mobs you hunt the more or faster the skill gains. High-end PK artists would not experience much in skill gains if they chose to do this. The skills would come slow for these "hunters" since the prey are of no challenge/danger to them. It would be similar to hunting Punies really.

On the other hand, the noobs would gain a lot more skills since they are so low skilled.

This leads me to believe that the ones claiming they are gaining a lot of skills doing this are, in essence, low skilled PKers looking for a way to get skills without having their asses handed to them.

Tbh
If you having a dry spell and need your swirls and horn sounds "fix" killing 15 sweaters is a hell of a lot cheaper than hunting mobs :laugh:

On another note I have found that dumping some peds into a no loot/return situation can sometimes boost your loots/luck factors. Maybe a coincidence? Maybe not

Please understand that, like all hunting, the higher skilled the mobs you hunt the more or faster the skill gains. High-end PK artists would not experience much in skill gains if they chose to do this. The skills would come slow for these "hunters" since the prey are of no challenge/danger to them. It would be similar to hunting Punies really.

That is good justification but you kind of overlooked one item here. And that is the cost to kill. Of course the pkers will get more skills off the high level mobs** and that is because they need to spend a lot more PED for those skills.

** FYI I don't chip in and only hunt low level mobs.

Tbh
If you having a dry spell and need your swirls and horn sounds "fix" killing 15 sweaters is a hell of a lot cheaper than hunting mobs :laugh:

On another note I have found that dumping some peds into a no loot/return situation can sometimes boost your loots/luck factors. Maybe a coincidence? Maybe not
I've found that too. I've also noticed that just HOW that technique works differs considerably from planet to planet, the differences coinciding with each planet's population and how recently that planet has been updated. My guess is the differences are mostly related to updates.

Back