How would you handle 1.7 Billion Dollars

Casper

Guardian
Society
Drop Zone
Leroy Casper Hunter
I have just read that the Lottery here is at an All Time High of 1.5 Billion Dollars and is expected to grow to 1.7 Billion by Wed evening's drawing. I thought I could imagine what I would do with all that money but I find the number to be mind bogglingly huge. I cant quite get my head around it.

So...what would you do with 1.7 Billion Dollars?

Discuss

Casper

Become a planet partner.

Planet pandarve

I have just read that the Lottery here is at an All Time High of 1.5 Billion Dollars and is expected to grow to 1.7 Billion by Wed evening's drawing. I thought I could imagine what I would do with all that money but I find the number to be mind bogglingly huge. I cant quite get my head around it.

So...what would you do with 1.7 Billion Dollars?

Discuss

Casper

Request a Canadian Passport, Convert it to Can dollars and you get 2.4 billion and... get 50% of the tax back!

There you go, Welcome to Canada

Spend a good portion on cocaine and hookers, and the rest will just be squandered.

I also will be missing a lot... miss Universe, Miss World etc.

Isn't the Money enough for ~1000 planets?

If you ever win the lotto and buy multiple planets; I personally will come to Sweden and hit you on the noggin til ya sane again :D

Well lump sum will be 1 billion, government gets 50% or more.. so the question is.. what will you do with 500 million... and if you become an expat in the us, they take another half as you leave... so.....

I wouldn't do anything with the money until I can figure out how to hide it. I have a major problem giving money to terrorist countries, funding abortion organizations, and solar startup companies that is just organized money laundering.

But whether it is 250 mil or 1 billion, I'm going to enjoy life and improve the lives of those around me.

- Buy property (in real life) a lot of it
- Some in EU (like $100,000)
- Cars
- Holiday
- Start a charity

Request a Canadian Passport, Convert it to Can dollars and you get 2.4 billion and... get 50% of the tax back!

There you go, Welcome to Canada

LOL if I win it, converted to South African Rand (ZAR) its 28,3 Billion Rand, not that I would since our country's economy is crashing.

I mean even PED is stronger than ZAR :D 1.00 USD = 16.6505 ZAR

The big question is do you have to be a resident of the US to buy a powerball ticket?

"I know many a poor person with loads of money"

Rick.

Would call J. J. Abrams and made him shoot "Project Entropia: The movie".

(Of course, would buy Mindark and all the rights first, but that's pocket money)

1. Employ 24/7 security for your wife, children, friends, relatives, and anyone else that could be kidnapped and you care about.

2. Employ personal assistants (for all above) to arrange all movements (for all above), including mundane tasks such as everyday shopping.

3. Quit job and prepare for 24/7 new job managing all above.

Overall not too bad but frankly I would rather win 5 million - easier to stay less visible.

I would want to just go on holiday for 2-5years to just have fun and see where the road takes me.... shit now that i really think about it its actually a kind of hard question to answer of the top of your head. There would definitly be a couple of houses built in my name and maybe a hotel IRL.

Cheers
- Jonas

I would probably be retarted enough too just put it all back in the crafting machine cuz I'm dumb enough too think I could get bigger:laugh:

well, I'd probably make an offer to buy up MA.
If unsuccessful, I'd set up my own me-funded universe. :yay:

(just as an aside: you know the whole question of complicated voting rights for that president of the virtual universe thingie? I might use a similar idea to try and find a way to accept transferance of virtual avatar skills into whichever universe is under my 'supervision')

Edit: Yes Trance (below)... - would need some devs, and I would consider offers made to me, of course. Getting the right blocks in place for it would be pretty major, though, and I know there are other RL things I would want to look at too.... just a bit of a dream really, which is funny considering Derren Brown is on tv right now doing 'crazy stuff' again!

Last edited:
well, I'd probably make an offer to buy up MA.
If unsuccessful, I'd set up my own me-funded universe. :yay:

If you win, you then need a game dev... I'm one of those :)

I would build my own RCE game, with a much better LOOTPOOL for everyone :)

I would maybe
-Hide $100 notes wherever I went (well, if I was able to walk freely)
-Shower some notes via airplane over poor areas (I guess that will cause local inflation, but it would be fun watching)
-Walk into random restaurants and pay ppls bill
-Get the best [looking] piano teacher to learn me to play
-Pay MA to implement some weird ideas of mine
-Keep drinking cheap coke like I do
-Become a full time inventor, successful or not, doesn't matter
-Waste all days filling in more weird todo's.. I should log in now damnit..

Well lump sum will be 1 billion, government gets 50% or more.. so the question is.. what will you do with 500 million... and if you become an expat in the us, they take another half as you leave... so.....

I wouldn't do anything with the money until I can figure out how to hide it. I have a major problem giving money to terrorist countries, funding abortion organizations, and solar startup companies that is just organized money laundering.

But whether it is 250 mil or 1 billion, I'm going to enjoy life and improve the lives of those around me.

Cash value is actually 930 million. I know how you like to be right about your numbers :p And what's wrong with solar.....

Becoming an ex-pat from the USA does not liberate you from paying USA federal taxes.
One of the few countries on the planet with this bizarre system.

But you could definitely afford to set up trusts, which currently is what the uber wealthy do.
If the trusts become unworkable there will certainly be another dodge put in place.

Cash value is actually 930 million. I know how you like to be right about your numbers :p And what's wrong with solar.....

Perhaps you missed the part about the startup companies being money laundering setups (and they were).

I have solar panels, they are still premature for their time. Wasn't the point. :)

I would build my own RCE game, with a much better LOOTPOOL for everyone :)

Math wise, this would be hard to do. Since it can't be better for everyone. But the game does need less of a rake.

Math wise, this would be hard to do. Since it can't be better for everyone. But the game does need less of a rake.

if you mean less greedy ,yea! BTW. with that lottery cash, i could hold a nice lootpool for a very long time :)

if you mean less greedy ,yea! BTW. with that lottery cash, i could hold a nice lootpool for a very long time :)
I have always suspected PE economy was actually (slightly) subsidized during Alpha, Beta and maybe even a year or two after going Gold.

I would buy MA, definitely.
Then I would buy out all CLD's (to free the economy from the dead weight)
Next step, raise the average return up to 98.5% (or: decrease the average cost to play, whichever way u put it). I would also hire a competent team to monitor and analyze the activities of every player who siphons considerable amount of money out of the game. Should they find out this activity does not meet the standards (= isn't reasonably backed up with investments - uber gear and skill) they would mercilessly nerf down those profit avenues to the acceptable level (but not to zero!).
Despite all that, it would still require considerable financial support (the game would generate loss, not profit) for several years.

I would declare it my right to make public all the avatar names (not real persons names!) who consistently make profit from the game and use those success stories for my aggressive advertisement campaign.

Few years later, as a result of advertisement campaign, but even more so by the simple good old "word of mouth effect", the game population would reach the magnitude that would allow me to stop financing the game economy artificially. In few years more it would start generating profit.

This game is a goldmine. Too bad the current owners didn't understand it while they still had the chance to make it big. I'm not sure if they have the necessary resources today to achieve that... even if they would understand what is RCE and how it can work if managed properly. Which is rather sad.

Change them into coins and see if I can "horde" the entire country's coin population. :lolup:

No seriously...I just wanted to try this out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scr...gB&biw=1024&bih=634#tbm=isch&q=mcduck+scrooge

Swim in a sea of coins and see if its really that fun. :tongue2:

He really does make it look fun but the problem is that humans are around 1 g/mL in density (about the same as water) and even really light metals like aluminum are 2.7 g/mL, whereas precious and semiprecious metals like gold, silver and copper start at about 9 g/mL and go up from there: it would be impossible for you to "sink" into a pool of metal coins, even if they had super low friction and would slip aside easily.

OP:
I'd probably use it as seed money to start an offshore windfarm or (onshore) geothermal project.

very carefully

Since people will only know that you won if you told them, I will keep a low profile by living the same but will slowly increase the standard of living over the years, so it will seem that I am gradually earning the money via promotions, pay raise, etc.

Of course I will spend on the occasional luxury item like a good holiday, a first rate gaming PC, and so on. You just don't have to tell people how much it cost you, lol.

Otherwise you going to have a 1000 "friends" suddenly trying to get close to you, not for you, but for your cash.

Anyway heard of too many cases of lottery winners going bankrupt a couple of years later cos they have no idea on how to control the money and just spend like it's water.

Back