Buying: WTB UL Hunting Gears for my duo friend and myself.You got what we need ? Come on in :)

Green

Mature
Society
Vault 13
Orumjack Green Eye
Hey Entropians ,

Okay i think it is time to upgrade gears for myself and my duo partner.We both currently have Viceroy Full Set + 5b Set as armours.We are actually pretty fine with them but when we try to go for higher maturities we are having problems with them.

When it comes to weapons actually its a bigger problem because we cant always find the gun that suits best to our levels with using Limited gears so we are looking to get best possible weapon with high tiers.

Hunting Skills of my Duo :

Laser Sniper (HiT) = Inspiring , 32
Ranged Laser (DMG) = Good , 28

My hunting skills :

Laser Pistoleer (Hit) = Advanced , 42
Ranged Laser (Dmg) = Professional , 39
Laser Sniper (Hit) = Inspiring , 33

Basically i can use Laster Pistols better and my duo can use Ranged Laser weapons.We are looking for UL weapons that fits to our current skills.

As for the armors we really dont know what to buy but anything better than Viceroy is welcome as long as its UL and got some good tiers and durability and of course protections :)

Looking to see what you got and if we are interested we will pay cash after we are fine with prices.

We dont need any healing equipments or anything else for now.

Thanks everyone for taking your time to read my post and wish good luck you all <3

There is a lot of different gear out there, and so it really mostly comes down to your budget.

I would honestly say that with your skills, you should be fine with Viceroy. But if you have an extra coin, upgrade never hurts lol. (You can buy my POE set, see link in the signature :D).

In regards to weapons, for laser pistols, I would say get Igni 1000 and get some more skills first, then upgrade to either Ranked Scorpion or Igni L1100E. (RS requires level 50 to be maxed and SIB starts at level 45, the Igni L1100E is 5 levels higher). My friend is actually selling his Igni 1000 , as he just upgraded to RS:) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281982-Igni-L1000

For laser rifles, for the skills your "duo" has, you are looking for EWE LC-100 Frontier (it is a very similar weapon to Igni 1000 , almost identical :)) He/ She should have just maxed it now.

Good luck!

EDIT: An, ohh, tiers do not matter that much, it's still a too low level gear to be worthy slotting too many enhancers :) It's fun time from time, but I do not recommend using them all the time.. And you are lucky you hunt in team of two, so that's already enough DPS ;)

EDIT2: Maybe , look into getting a FAP upgrade instead of armor. For example MOD EK-2350 is bloody cheap already and it's a very good fap. Or you can get lower eco, lower heal, and get Adj Hedoc Mayhem, it's still gonna be a game changer for you :)

Last edited:
hey mate,

thanks for the suggestions i could check them all.

it seems prices are over our budget for the things you mentioned :) Acutally , we can have this budget but you know we want to watch our steps or we could find ourself with selling our cars and stuff and have them all lost here :) This game is enjoyable thats for sure but we still need a time to figure out things.Anyways , our budget is 10k Peds for each of us to buy best possible weapon + armors.

So far some people suggested me UL Boar set and i found it pretty nice armor for our levels.As for weapons , my friend scouting Isıs LR 48 (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Isis_LR48) which is currently on SALE @ Auction with Tier 7! @ B/O +5869 Peds.He is so tempted to buy it but i am holding him atm before asking you guys here =) SO , what do you think about this one should he just buy it ?

Thanks again for all your help <3

When I was around your level I had a Jaguar, which was pretty decent. But then I was adviced to invest in a Ghoul. That was one of the best decissions I've made so far in EU.

Alright, it's not the most fashionable of armors, but it has several advantages. It offers good basic protection against imp, cut, stab mobs, but also ok protection against other dmgs. Just add the right platings and you can face most mobs at your level. And the good part is, the better your skills the better the armor works.

I have one, and will not part from it. But I noticed a thread with someone selling in tt+ 3-4k range.

Consider it :)

you should prioritise weapon + amp! then fap and then armor .

Last edited:
that LR 48 is terrible overpriced and bad eco at todays standards , get an ewe - lc 100

Hi there, i am at around the same levels and if i had that budget (10k) i would stick with viceroy+5b as it seems fine and gor for weap+fap, something like igni L1000 or that LR48 or something like that (even LC-120) and a fap like mod-2350, that should be ~10k both items but dont forget to get a proper laser amp (105 or adj 105)

I would agree with the suggestions above about weapon choices.

I will promote the benefits of increasing your fappage instead of your armor.
The more damage armor absorbs, the less efficient it becomes for each pnt of damage absorbed.
If the mobs you are hunting do not crit you to death, then your current Viceroy + 5B is adequate.

Hire a fapper for those times when you need the extra healing to hunt bigger mobs.

You won't tie up PED in excess armor capacity & decay rate.
You won't lock-up PED in excess fap capacity that is only needed sporadically.

Recommended if you hunt on Caly, Arkadia and Rocktropia where fappers are more readily available.
A fapper can increase your effective DPS, reducing your time / mob to kill, and improve your bottom line by reducing the cost of mitigating mob damage to you.

/join #fap

Oh well i guess we need to have a higher priority for healing as with my duo we are just using some random healing tools coz we hate to stop DPSing and swtich to healing thats why we want higher protection.

Actually , we have been doing Feffox and we like it so far but we couldnt go further than Matures when we want to go higher ones.

Last weekend was enjoyable we had some good loots including two nice HoFs one with 7xx and other one with 2821 peds :) You can see them all from this link :

http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=322360 (Hot Boys of istanbul Trying Hard)

Sure it was a "HOOK" by MA but still we like it :) Thats the acual reason for us to upgrade our gears.

So far up to your suggestions both here and ingame PMs , this is what i got so far :

Armors :

Liakon Set :(Especially good for Feffox but i couldnt find any Full Set for sale yet )

Phantom Set : (Seems pretty well for the price.It is around TT+2k peds for a full set)

Boar Set : (Again seems good for the price but i couldnt notice too much difference between our current set and this one so i am curious on that one but still considerable)

Weapons :

Laser Pistol => It seems everyone suggesting Igni L1000 and Ranked Scorpion for me i will keep looking what else i can have.

Ranged Laser : We found Isis LR-48 @ auction but also got EWE-LC 100 and 120 as better options i guess but still looking deeper.

I will keep this updated as long as i get more information , thanks again everyone who shared their experiances this community is lovely <3

You don't have skills for RS, only for Igni 1000.

With rifle, stay away from LR 48, it has very low eco for nowadays needs, go the EWE-LC 100 route (it's your only option with your budget and skills).

Don't forget you can check and compare weapons here: http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

And don't go for Boar, it's just a weak armor, even Jaguar makes no sense as L parts are more ECO even if you pay like 112% for them. Stay with your Viceroy and upgrade your FAPs.

If you have 10k each, just get the Igni and EWE LC (both are around 5k mark) and get yourself an adjusted hedoc, or mod 2350 fap ;) , you can also look for adjuster restoration chip which is 5k, and it's an awesome healing tool, with eco of mod fap.

Pecka

also dont forget , you need a good amp

Yeah , AMP is actually what we need also.We both currently have A104 but guess it is not enough for us anymore.What would you suggest as an amp?

Armors :

Liakon Set :(Especially good for Feffox but i couldnt find any Full Set for sale yet )

Phantom Set : (Seems pretty well for the price.It is around TT+2k peds for a full set)

Boar Set : (Again seems good for the price but i couldnt notice too much difference between our current set and this one so i am curious on that one but still considerable)

Weapons :

Laser Pistol => It seems everyone suggesting Igni L1000 and Ranked Scorpion for me i will keep looking what else i can have.

Ranged Laser : We found Isis LR-48 @ auction but also got EWE-LC 100 and 120 as better options i guess but still looking deeper.

I will keep this updated as long as i get more information , thanks again everyone who shared their experiances this community is lovely <3

Armor

I can comment on both Liakon and Boar as I have owned each set, twice.

Liakon is awesome, especially if you mainly hunt imp/cut/stab/cold mobs. It makes hunting feffox a breeze up to guardian, and you can handle a lot of high dmg imp/cut/stab mobs in it as well. Cyclops depths is also a walk in the park with mind reavers and marcimex in liakon. However, anything outside of imp/cut/stab/cold, it doesn't offer much.. especially if you're up against acid mobs.

I recently sold my Liakon tier 2-3 and I have seen 2 for sale here on PCF and in-game, so finding a set should be easy. Seems market is still between +4-4.5k which is the right price IMO due to the rarity, but people beg to differ. :) If you have plans on only hunting imp/cut/stab/cold mobs in the near future, then go for liakon. I loved it and there was a reason i bought it twice.

HOWEVER, I did mention that I recently sold my Liakon and went back to boar for the second time. The reason I did this is because I wanted to shift some peds out of my armor and put it into buying an adj restoration chip. This setup works very well for me and I disagree with PW3CKA on his opinion on boar, but to each their own. Boar is eco and offers awesome all around protection, and I simply like the convenience of UL armor instead of (L). Finding a full boar set (M) to buy is very difficult, so keep that in mind. It is superior (in my opinion) to phantom due to the poor durability on phantom so I would vote against phantom due to your (presumed) lower level of evade.

Liakon really upped my game a lot at the same level that you're at so that is why I recommend you move to Liakon out of these 3 armors that you stated. Other notable mentions are Jaguar (+/- 5K nowadays), Boar and Ghoul, in that order.

FYI: this was my armor progression

pixie -> goblin -> rascal -> ghost -> bear -> boar -> Liakon -> jarhead -> Liakon -> boar and gremlin

Guns

I owned a ranked scorpion and I loved it. Considering you can buy a higher tiered one nowadays for +12k SB, it's worth every penny IMO. But since you don't max it, I would either a. hold off on the gun purchase until you do max the RS, or go with the igni L1000 as others have stated. I would just wait though since having to sell a big ticket item to buy another can be very time consuming, so better to just buy the one you want more and wait a little longer than trying to juggle through big ticket UL items.

For laser rifle for your buddy, EWE LC-100 Frontier is the only option that really makes sense at the moment. However (for the future) have you considered an HK1750? Those seem to be pretty decent and affordable, in the 6-8k range. With 10k, you can still shift some ped into an adj hedoc mayhem (3Kish) and an adj a105 (1.6-1.8k). The only problem is that the HK1750 is maxed at lvl 39, so it might be too far from your friend at the moment but something to aim for.

EDIT:

Here is a Liakon for sale, there was another on in #trade yesterday too but for +4.5K, I'm sure you can get it down in price some though.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...justed-mayhem-tier-5-silver-bunny-21-fido-pet

Last edited:
Back