State of the Universe Address 2016

please just let me say that i love my goldcard, and its pretty stupid layer of security, which is known to work very well afaics...

its those stupid kind of unthought announcements that makes (not only) me a little bit scary about how things will turn out in future!

I am ignorant of Affiliate programs. Please explain the affiliate program. Is this somehow like multi-level marketing? Do you get peds for referring people to open account in PE, do you get a cut of their turnover somehow like a PP?

It's been so long, for me, that I forgot the exact details of what they told me. But off hand you will get a cut of their 'decay' for life of their account in the form of PEDs like the CLD/AUD payout. I have not seen a payout yet but then again I really haven't been working hard other than posting the link with my videos and on my website.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been so long, for me, that I forgot the exact details of what they told me. But off hand you will get a cut of their 'decay' for life of their account in the form of PEDs like the CLD/AUD payout. I have not seen a payout yet but then again I really haven't been working hard other than posting the link with my videos and on my website.

<removed>

Sharing affiliate links, even to entropia is not allowed apparently. I was banned here for having it in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to ask for someone in Sweden willing to do so to find an attorney for a class action for the following:

1 Stop MA from removing the GC system and require them to continue and maintain such.
2 If MA can not be stopped, every participant who paid for their GC be reimbursed and any former GC user who gets hacked with the new system shall be reimbursed for any financial losses at a fair market value. Not just TT value. In the event that stolen items can not be restored.

Wow, in a way that is one of the lamest SOU address I've heard them make ever. That is because almost nothing is "promised" or shown in a road map for the upcoming year. They say space is "on their radar" for the end of the year.... LOL I won't hold my breath for one second. I am not disappointed, because actually for once they won't list 20 things they plan to do and then do 1 or 2 or maybe 3 but half implemented.
I have to say the recap for the other planets was terrible (uhh they did stuff and we will continue to work with them), but that's not really their job I guess... even though it is a state of the universe address. Please for the love of god address space earlier - add more pve - balance pvp NOW.
Sounds great that their was growth in economy and player base, but once again this year was just as big a loss as ever. They will never kick any of this growth back to us in better returns. Hence I still do not log in :-(

This is dead serious offer - who wants to place some for fun bets about Compet's release date. I'm gonna start at August 16th.

I would like to ask for someone in Sweden willing to do so to find an attorney for a class action for the following:

1 Stop MA from removing the GC system and require them to continue and maintain such.
2 If MA can not be stopped, every participant who paid for their GC be reimbursed and any former GC user who gets hacked with the new system shall be reimbursed for any financial losses at a fair market value. Not just TT value. In the event that stolen items can not be restored.

They will just laught at you.
It's there game and they can discontinue/improve a portion of it in their desired way. Thats like saying. HEY! I still use WINDOWS XP! They discontinued it although i'm still using it. I better go find an attorney and try to sue Microsoft and get my money back!

You're paying for a service when you got the GC by depositing this much money or however.

Now that the fact you're all worried about this "new app".

Google authenticator works this way.

It's only stored on your mobile phone, so no internet connection that can be intercepted. Only someone with access (count in malware ofc) to your phone can access the one-time-passwords.
And even if they somehow got access to this one time password over malware, the code would time out.

SO WHY WOULD IT CHANGE FROM GC TO AN APP?

I guarantee you they use this concept for their own app.

They will just laught at you.
It's there game and they can discontinue/improve a portion of it in their desired way. Thats like saying. HEY! I still use WINDOWS XP! They discontinued it although i'm still using it. I better go find an attorney and try to sue Microsoft and get my money back!

You're paying for a service when you got the GC by depositing this much money or however.

Now that the fact you're all worried about this "new app".

Google authenticator works this way.

It's only stored on your mobile phone, so no internet connection that can be intercepted. Only someone with access (count in malware ofc) to your phone can access the one-time-passwords.
And even if they somehow got access to this one time password over malware, the code would time out.

SO WHY WOULD IT CHANGE FROM GC TO AN APP?

I guarantee you they use this concept for their own app.

Last I checked, Windows was not based on a RCE and not holding assets that would be considered belonging to their customers. This is not about service. This is about security. Any nimrod with half a wit can hack a mobile device. There is no precident set on the reliability of the new system, but there is over a decade of documentation on the reliability of the GC.

Considering the country you are in, I highly doubt you hold a Swedish law degree, so I will wait for a more informed opinion.

I don't like the idea of this app to be able to log in. My goldcard that I paid for before MA started giving them away works just fine! I don't have a smart phone to get this app nor do I have the money to pay for a phone to be able to log in. Even if someone broke into my house to steal my goldcard they better know which one to take. 3 goldcards in my house for 3 different people. If MA does this app thing and my account gets hacked are they going to replace my very unique item? only 2 of said item exist in the universe!

Last I checked, Windows was not based on a RCE and not holding assets that would be considered belonging to their customers. This is not about service. This is about security. Any nimrod with half a wit can hack a mobile device. There is no precident set on the reliability of the new system, but there is over a decade of documentation on the reliability of the GC.

Considering the country you are in, I highly doubt you hold a Swedish law degree, so I will wait for a more informed opinion.

Here is where you are wrong. WINDOWS XP IS!!!

As of April 2014, 75% of all ATMs were running windows! And most still are! They actually continued XP just for ATMS. So instead of these "Assets" These ATMs are holding all your real assets. Probably more than what you have in the game. And windows XP has a ton of flaws.

No, but i'm a computer security major. Pretty close.

Here is where you are wrong. WINDOWS XP IS!!!

As of April 2014, 75% of all ATMs were running windows! And most still are! They actually continued XP just for ATMS. So instead of these "Assets" These ATMs are holding all your real assets. Probably more than what you have in the game. And windows XP has a ton of flaws.

No, but i'm a computer security major. Pretty close.

Someone pops open an ATM that money doesn't come out of my account. Plus I don't use an ATM.

Someone pops open an ATM that money doesn't come out of my account. Plus I don't use an ATM.

You're only protected up to 250k. Although ATMs don't hold that much, they could transfer money from account to account.

ATMs also use an extra layer of security in the form of... wait for it... can you guess? A physical card carried by the account holder!

Ever wondered why?

ATMs also use an extra layer of security in the form of... wait for it... can you guess? A physical card carried by the account holder!

Ever wondered why?

Ever heard of a card skimmer?

Ever heard of a card skimmer?

You mean yet another piece of hardware that requires (temporary) possession of the physical security device in order to successfully use it? Yeah, I've heard of that, it's another good example of why a hardware solution is more secure.

You mean yet another piece of hardware that requires (temporary) possession of the physical security device in order to successfully use it? Yeah, I've heard of that, it's another good example of why a hardware solution is more secure.

So, you're saying a physical security device, say your credit card, is safer to use at the ATM to withdraw cash then pay online.

An addition of a skimmer is easy to install. 30 seconds tops if you watch people from security cameras doing it.

So tell me again why your hardware solution is more secure? I doubt you read my post from earlier.

Authenticators:

It's only stored on your mobile phone, so no internet connection that can be intercepted. Only someone with access to your phone can access the one-time-passwords.

So, you're saying a physical security device, say your credit card, is safer to use at the ATM to withdraw cash then pay online.

An addition of a skimmer is easy to install. 30 seconds tops if you watch people from security cameras doing it.

So tell me again why your hardware solution is more secure? I doubt you read my post from earlier.

Authenticators:

It's only stored on your mobile phone, so no internet connection that can be intercepted. Only someone with access to your phone can access the one-time-passwords.

NOT everyone has a mobile phone.

Authenticators:

Your not reading all the posts! I already said I don't have a mobile phone or the money to pay for one!

NOT everyone has a mobile phone.

Your not reading all the posts! I already said I don't have a mobile phone or the money to pay for one!

You all can spend hundreds of dollars on things in game than worry about a gold card but can't afford a 50 dollar ipod....

meme.jpg

Yes, obviously it is. To suggest otherwise is like saying that two locked doors are less secure than one.

Plus as previously pointed out, consumers are protected by law against loss due to card fraud, at least here in the UK.

Put you all can spend hundreds of dollars on things in game than worry about a gold card but can't afford a 50 dollar ipod....

meme.jpg

Whoever said spending hundreds of dollars on this game? I have RL medical problems keeping me from working. I don't have money to deposit but I do want to make sure my account is safe including my skills!

You all can spend hundreds of dollars on things in game than worry about a gold card but can't afford a 50 dollar ipod....

meme.jpg

That is a mighty big assumption. Assets have built up from participating for over ten years and from eco activities with some strategic chipping out for extra ped. Not everyone dumps a ton of money in then pisses through it hunting inefficiently.

meme.jpg

Stupid statement.
I do not know what data about me this device transmits to the network and the Internet (eavesdropping, spying). Yes, computer can do it too, but my computer does not have ears (microphone) and eyes (web-cam), and partially I can control it, so it is better than all these all-in-one devices.

Ever wondered why?

Cardless ATM

You only have to read until the 2nd paragraph, don't worry.

For those who "can't afford" a smartphone:

Moto E

That's $38.99. If you can't afford that, I would consider turning off your computer to save on the electricity bills.

I must admit I'm floored by the amount of people who are playing a modern, advanced concept game (full 3D RCE); yet are complete technophobes when it comes to smartphones. They are obviously the future of technology and will integrate into your lives more and more. Resisting it is kind of like resisting TV when it was introduced because you prefered Theatre and Radio...

so no more secure account for people who don't have phone with Android or iOS....

Cardless ATM

In the UK cardless ATMs are restricted to, iirc, £20 withdrawal per day, precisely because they are less secure than using a card and PIN.

In the UK cardless ATMs are restricted to, iirc, £20 withdrawal per day, precisely because they are less secure than using a card and PIN.

In 2012, the limit was £100 (compared to the card £300). It is far harder to "hack" a mobile banking app than it is to skim your card and camera your PIN. The mobile banking app even uses a 6 digit pin, therefore if you just look at the mathematics of it, its far more secure.

Source

People need to stop living in the past and/or stop thinking that digital security is the same as it was back in the mid nineties.

In 2012, the limit was £100 (compared to the card £300). It is far harder to "hack" a mobile banking app than it is to skim your card and camera your PIN. The mobile banking app even uses a 6 digit pin, therefore if you just look at the mathematics of it, its far more secure.

Right, I'm getting mixed up with contactless payment, which is a different thing. Ignore me :)

Cardless ATM

For those who "can't afford" a smartphone:

Moto E

That's $38.99. If you can't afford that, I would consider turning off your computer to save on the electricity bills.

I must admit I'm floored by the amount of people who are playing a modern, advanced concept game (full 3D RCE); yet are complete technophobes when it comes to smartphones. They are obviously the future of technology and will integrate into your lives more and more. Resisting it is kind of like resisting TV when it was introduced because you prefered Theatre and Radio...

That motorola phone is fine IF you live in the USA. Dare I say it, most of the EU population do not live in the USA and quite a few I'd think live in countries where $39 US IS quite a lot. I don't have a smartphone for the very simple reason that I don't need one - or indeed any other kind of mobile/cell phone. And incidentally, its £77.00 on Amazon UK which is about $109 US. Not so cheap.

Last edited:
Stupid statement.
I do not know what data about me this device transmits to the network and the Internet (eavesdropping, spying). Yes, computer can do it too, but my computer does not have ears (microphone) and eyes (web-cam), and partially I can control it, so it is better than all these all-in-one devices.

Its not stupid if you read the previous posts

How an authenticator works:

Its stored on your mobile phone, so no internet connection that can be intercepted. Only someone with access (count in malware ofc) to your phone can access the one-time-passwords. Even if they got this 30 second one time code, they would never be able to use it. The data in transit would be to slow and also could be encryted depending on method.

But malware on your phone is very uncommon since the operating system is not targeted unlike windows. Same with browsers. Malware creaters will look towards the most active browsers to design their malware upon. Thats why most use Firefox, Opera or Safari, but now lots of people are using Safari.

Must I add: YOU DON"T NEED A PHONE

Any IOS or android device will be able to run this app.

Back