Easter Mayhem 2016

I hear ya, this sounds so familiar. Was the same for me. Figured what the hell, if I got this far lets get the Killstrike and then I'll decide what to do next. Maybe go hunt kerbs... :)

After lvl 80 something changed. Suddenly I realized I can actually break even if I try hard and squeeze the last remaining MU out of the game.

I have no idea if this is something universal or maybe it's different for everyone.

I have too big of a return gap to make it up with any markup in the game and I have been on a massive loss streak since I opened kill strike. So, definitely is different for everyone.

I'm currently in an instance where I killed an evis and as I killed it I fell through the floor and now Im in a perpetual fall. I've hit T twice but it appears this instance is permanently bugged and I can't get off the ramp anymore because I just keep falling. That's one body I don't get to loot and 5 mins I won't get back.

Can you guys at least test this stuff before you roll out timed events? Thanks.

I used to be in disbelief as to why MindArk and Caly officials are not communicating like they did in the old days, or like the outer PP's still do. I'm beginning to understand. At some point you just want to take their money and call it a day at 5.

I'm currently in an instance where I killed an evis and as I killed it I fell through the floor and now Im in a perpetual fall. I've hit T twice but it appears this instance is permanently bugged and I can't get off the ramp anymore because I just keep falling. That's one body I don't get to loot and 5 mins I won't get back.
There's a new bug now, it seems. Last 3 times upon enetering the instance I keep materializing somewhere on the structure halfway down the pit. Not falling and can press T but it's annoying nevertheless.

Yesterday was hacking an evisc near this place where the railing is outwardly inclined. Evisc started moving around me as mobs sometimes do. I didn't pay attention, kept hitting it until it moved to the edge and WHAM!, dropped straight down into the abyss. For a moment I just stood there feeling kinda stupid. Wha?

Too bad I didn't get it on the video, the punchline was really funny! :laugh:

I have too big of a return gap to make it up with any markup in the game and I have been on a massive loss streak since I opened kill strike. So, definitely is different for everyone.
Melee...

Remember how Joker with his UL Rainbow went down? We'll never know all the details, maybe he did something wrong, who knows. But most likely it wasn't his fault, high level melee seems to be one of those ultimate challenges that's really hard to make work.

It was all before melee amps ofc, dpp has increased significantly since then and there has been a few success stories. Your own log proves things have improved since.
Melee is cool. Have tried to make it work several times myself. Starting with tiny power fists as a noob (those actually worked pretty well), then swords, shortblades, u name it: Manchego, Red Leicester, Mozzarella, Feta... O wait, this can't be the right list. Sry.

Anyhow, recently bought the sword of my dreams and will try it again. Never give up, never surrender. We will overcome! :smoke:

Last edited:
Some judge their success in EU by globals/hofs on tracker.
Some by profit.
Some by fun.
Some by surviving on what they have and building avatar.
Some by sweating 24/7 for 1 day of indulgence and hunting/mining/craft.
Some like the social aspect.

etc

As long as you enjoy what you are doing, and aiming for the goals whatever they are then thats all good. As long as people enjoy what they do, whatever it be i commend you all.

When people start judging others by the goals you set for your own views of your success it kinda saddens me. I've known cool ubers, sweaters, fruit walkers, player investors, and even people just chatting and shooting the wind (Mayor of Atlas Haven was a cool guy for example rip :/).

For me at least Entropia isn't just about what I do, it's about everyone.

hf and hof big

Dibbler

infinite + reps for you for your vision about "ubberness" :)

OMG, the mayor of AH is deceased? I've been away for so long. Can't remember his name. I remember chatting with him an imense amount of times before heading to shoot snables in th eold times :S.

infinite + reps for you for your vision about "ubberness" :)

OMG, the mayor of AH is deceased? I've been away for so long. Can't remember his name. I remember chatting with him an imense amount of times before heading to shoot snables in th eold times :S.

Yes Boldar Blood passed away in 2009, how time flies past.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?163352-A-sad-farewell

We need more characters like him, used to make me howl when he would tell people to stop spamming in "his" city lol.

crap event like always..designed so MA can steal more money and the few one chosen to win like always!

no real loot, just sharp and amo, Robot DSU Class drop is so FUCKIN LOW, atleast in first 3 levls! i try all 3 and i do them easy but max i get like 150points/hour in 3(usualy is 100/hour even in 3, with killing boss too)! that means i need like 70-hours just to get the amo reward! how to compete with those in 5???
MA just ask all to "donate" u a summ of peds and u give the reward to those u always do, no need for this fake shit events!
stop pissing on us and call it rain!
PS: have around 7.5 hours in instance and dont have even 1000 points! and i use [Songkra Corrosive Dagger]+[Melee Trauma Amplifier VI] so i kill mobs easy in levl 3!

Last edited:
Some judge their success in EU by globals/hofs on tracker.
Some by profit.
Some by fun.
Some by surviving on what they have and building avatar.
Some by sweating 24/7 for 1 day of indulgence and hunting/mining/craft.
Some like the social aspect.

etc

As long as you enjoy what you are doing, and aiming for the goals whatever they are then thats all good. As long as people enjoy what they do, whatever it be i commend you all.

When people start judging others by the goals you set for your own views of your success it kinda saddens me. I've known cool ubers, sweaters, fruit walkers, player investors, and even people just chatting and shooting the wind (Mayor of Atlas Haven was a cool guy for example rip :/).

For me at least Entropia isn't just about what I do, it's about everyone.

hf and hof big

Dibbler

+rep

That's what I always loved in Sandbox games... the fact that there are so many things you can do, but absolutely nothing you have to do... I love this freedom of every person to choose their own goal and playing style and compete with noone, but themselves.

And before me or you saying this, Nietzsche said it absolutely brilliant in his "You have your way, I have my way, and about the right and only way... it just doesn't exists."

So how's everyone doing on points? Anyone loot any DSU 9's??? :cowboy:

Nope. I didn't get any over 6.

But.. I was up a couple hundred peds if you include skill and markup. Can't complain.

... max i get like 150points/hour in 3(usualy is 100/hour even in 3, with killing boss too)! that means i need like 70-hours just to get the amo reward! how to compete with those in 5???
We can safely say the real competition happens in cat 5 exclusively. In theory it's possible to beat the top scores by competing in some lower category but the statistical probability to pull this off is so low it would be a real miracle.

In a sense, as long as there's only 1 set of prizes for all cats combined it is fair. Skills and gear are worth something and u can imagine the outrage if some random noob would win the event.

However, if the luck factor has so little importance then there should be separate prizes for each cat... But I guess this system is so profoundly discredited that MA doesn't dare to use it any more. All the fine tuned event-alts that are right now in "standby mode" would rush in immediately and collect most of the rewards in the lower cats -- leaving the normal players with nothing anyway.
There's always those few who will spoil it for the rest, even more so if there's possible financial gains involved...

PS: have around 7.5 hours in instance and dont have even 1000 points!
Yeah. The ammo rewards are cumulative similar to the system used in Merry Mayhem (5 --> 8.3 --> 10 --> 15 --> 20 ped/100 points) but it seems they made it harder to reach the highest/sweetest bonus levels. (Can almost hear the sigh of relief of the CLD owners :))

In the end this means skills/gear are rewarded twice, leaving lower and medium lvl players out in the cold... Not good.

OK, it's too early to make any firm conclusions until we can look at the winners list after the event is over but it seems there's a lot of room for improvement with this event format (and with entertainment/events in EU in general. :p)

Last edited:
22h done so far on evis06 in cat3, 200k dmg/h average.

3866 points, including 2 dsu7 and 9 dsu6. That makes it 175/h average.

TT return -172 ped (with the bonus ammo +3 ped, lol)

Gear used: LC-150+imp105, adj resto, mod2350, Jaguar+5b (in 5 of 22 runs Songkra+VI was used).

P.S.: Interestingly, using Easter Egg pills and Ares L ring (+18% reload total) I get the same ~200k dmg/h with LC-150+imp105 (54 dps) and songkra+VI (65 dps). Moreover, if calculated with the +18% reload, the gun combo does 65 dps indeed. It's not anywhere close to a proper test, of course, but feels like "Faster reload" doesn't affect melee.

It's not anywhere close to a proper test, of course, but feels like "Faster reload" doesn't affect melee.

I notice quite a difference with melee + attack speed pills.

Using askas + iv, the difference in dps with extra 14% attack speed is difference enough that I can comfortably hunt without armor on a particular mob.

Like your test however its nowhere close to a real test, and it might just be placebo. But now we have two contradictory "feelings"

I skilled naturally from VU10 onward, 1, 2, 3, 4 up to 79 where I sit today, more or less dormant out of pure frustration.

You just described my history as well. Never ate a single chip, all naturally skilled. And furthermore, I'd guess 98% of that was achieved with old-school, non-SIB weapons, and no such thing as a buff or random skill increase periods. I login to get the free gifts, go on hunting binges but like you, I get frustrated with the lack of intrigue or anything compelling in hunting loots, and after 13+ years and level 50 NATURALLY, never having had a loot over 1K PED value...I always take a long hiatus before I return the following year for the free stuff. :laugh:

Getting a loot over 1K is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going, as if to prove that my avatar isn't statistically impossibly unlucky. I remember there was a thread posted years ago asking who reached level 50 in any profession and hadn't had a 1K uber, and I think there were only 1 or 2 names on that list. When NOTHING you do is working for you, what do you do next?

Last edited:
You just described my history as well. Never ate a single chip, all naturally skilled. And furthermore, I'd guess 98% of that was achieved with old-school, non-SIB weapons, and no such thing as a buff or random skill increase periods. I login to get the free gifts, go on hunting binges but like you, I get frustrated with the lack of intrigue or anything compelling in hunting loots, and after 13+ years and level 50 NATURALLY, never having had a loot over 1K PED value...I always take a long hiatus before I return the following year for the free stuff. :laugh:

Getting a loot over 1K is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going, as if to prove that my avatar isn't statistically impossibly unlucky. I remember there was a thread posted years ago asking who reached level 50 in any profession and hadn't had a 1K uber, and I think there were only 1 or 2 names on that list. When NOTHING you do is working for you, what do you do next?

FWIW

First, realize that this is not 2005 anymore, then if you really want to accomplish something in game, look around and see what people are doing who are successful in today's game and start doing those things. The more you play and invest the more you will be able to fill in the details of what you need to do. I know you are on the forum all the time, there is a gold mine of information here if you take the time to really analyze what is going on.

I completely chipped out and sold everything in 2006. I took 4 years off and slowly came back starting in 2010, and started playing regularly again a few years ago. I skilled quite a bit at first and then started gobbling some chips when my skills were low and it made sense to do that to boost my avatars skills up. This broke my rule of being a natural skiller. I rationalized it by thinking, well if I chipped out, I can damn sure chip back in. You can make the choice to be a natural skilled avatar and all the glory that comes with that decision, just realize you will most likely be left behind by those who are chipping and pill skilling around the clock.

I have spent a lot of time online skilling and invested in some decent gear within my budget to keep climbing the SIB ladder to the point where I can compete in events. Note: The gear I have is basically mid range. I started with mostly L stuff, but now I wear Gremlin+5b, I have a T8 Ranked Scorpion+OC204. I have a T5 Arso Chip, Mod-2600, and most recently a Mod Resto Chip which totally rocks! I am lvl 83 Laser Pistol (hit) now and 211 hp. I just hit a 1320 ped hof killing the level 5 Core boss General Kratos Gen 05 last night. I feel that was an accomplishment for me by getting back to the point where my avatar was before I rage quit. I couldn't have done that without a commitment of time and money.

There are some who have been playing this whole time non stop. There are others who have made massive commitment in time and money to get where they are. Realize that some are multiple people playing and investing in one avatar. Whether we like that or not, they are doing it and there is nothing we can do about it. I have to realize and accept that it is improbable for me to be able to compete with these people given my resource constraints. For the most part, the people that are hitting big hofs and looting nice items and winning events have VERY skilled avatars cycling a ton of ped.

A VERY successful person once told me, "All you can do is all you can do, if you do all you can do, then you have done enough, because you can't do more than all YOU can do!" I am currently not able to do in this game what other people(s) are doing who are more successful than I am, but I am doing what I can, I accept that and I am happy with that.

PS.. On the topic of points, I have done 4 lvl 4 evis, and 7 lvl 5 harb runs for a total of 2013 points, that's about 183 points an hour. DSU 5 is the largest one I have so far, at this rate I will be lucky to get to 4k points :laugh:

Last edited:
I remember there was a thread posted years ago asking who reached level 50 in any profession and hadn't had a 1K uber, and I think there were only 1 or 2 names on that list.
I was on that list. There was a whole bunch of names, not 1 or 2.
Why? Because lvl 50 is nothing, it's like 1/4 of lvl 100 (consider skillpoint compression effect). If lvl 50 is all u got in 13 years it means you barely ever played the game.
Which is perfectly ok. Some ppl prefer the social aspect, or trading, or simply are those casual players who don't have any interest or patience to achieve something through hard work and dedication in a video game.
One might even argue that the casual players are the only normal ppl here, and everyone else is a little bit crazy. :)

If you are one of those casual players, accept yourself for who you are. If u trying to eat the cake while incessantly complaining how unfair it is that u don't have it... well sry but this looks a little silly.

Gear used: LC-150+imp105, adj resto, mod2350, Jaguar+5b (in 5 of 22 runs Songkra+VI was used).

P.S.: Interestingly, using Easter Egg pills and Ares L ring (+18% reload total) I get the same ~200k dmg/h with LC-150+imp105 (54 dps) and songkra+VI (65 dps). Moreover, if calculated with the +18% reload, the gun combo does 65 dps indeed. It's not anywhere close to a proper test, of course, but feels like "Faster reload" doesn't affect melee.

Thx for info. Good to see how others are doing. Especially if it sucks like for us lol.

Hunted only core evisc gen 6 in level 3 for 20h, 350k dmg/h average.

That got me a whopping 4406 points. And one dsu 7 as best. *pukes*
But I didn't lose a dime though. So that's nice atleast. :)

But wanted atleast one dsu of each flavor, so I did five more hours jumping around in different levels. Got a dsu 8 in the 21st hour in level 5 (gen 10 harbingers), but it died after that point wise. Never got the dsu 9. :(

So I got like 6300ish points in ~25h. :laugh:

Gear used: Castorian Combat mace IV Tier 7+ melee amp VI, imp hedoc, angel+5b and cetus(L)+6a, easter egg pills anf y and x pills.

Hate to say this but most of you know already you are not going to win, i knew i wasn't but i went in with a different mindset of not winning pure and simple i got 1800points didnt do the full 20 hours.

I went in with the pure purpose being eco maybe loot something and be + and i achieved the + in both in cat 2 on o4 evis and cat 1 on 01 evi. I made 600 ped tt on 17 hours on 04 evis and like 40 ped on 01 in 2 hours. Nothing to brag about but its alot better then loseing and its free skilling wee 171hp lol. << was melee and all btw and no i didnt get a hof.

Only down side to the whole event is im completely burnt out doing it :eyecrazy:.

Hate to say this but most of you know already you are not going to win, i knew i wasn't but i went in with a different mindset of not winning pure and simple i got 1800points didnt do the full 20 hours.

I went in with the pure purpose being eco maybe loot something and be + and i achieved the + in both in cat 2 on o4 evis and cat 1 on 01 evi. I made 600 ped tt on 17 hours on 04 evis and like 40 ped on 01 in 2 hours. Nothing to brag about but its alot better then loseing and its free skilling wee 171hp lol. << was melee and all btw and no i didnt get a hof.

Only down side to the whole event is im completely burnt out doing it :eyecrazy:.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I did something like 27 hrs.. got 5400 pts. According to my stats I got -372 ped of tt and 515 ped of mu with ua and such. I also got 500 ped of skills from the grinding. 30k cycle in total.

I didn't go into win as a primary goal. I wanted to see what my sword can do in an event at 3.19dpp. If I looted something, got a kick back, or looted a couple dsu9s, that was all gravy. That way, I didn't get disappointed or go in rage mode like lethall.

The same can be true about farming mobs.. you go in for the markup.. not to hof chase. Otherwise, you're always disappointed. Always remember that the skills are a part of your return (roughly 1% without pills).

(I should take my own advice)

I have made a support case regarding melee as i have had same issues with pills regarding cycle times etc atm i think its visual and sound which is off but hopefully ma get back to me on that. so you are not the only one seeing odd things their.

i have made a support case regarding melee as i have had same issues with pills regarding cycle times etc atm i think its visual and sound which is off but hopefully ma get back to me on that. so you are not the only one.

It is. It was altered in the last vu. I do know that the reload speed is faster but the swings go out-of sync. My sword has 50atk.

It is. It was altered in the last vu. I do know that the reload speed is faster but the swings go out-of sync. My sword has 50atk.

I think its visual and sound only i still see dmg hits on mobs sync with the cycle bar. But with fast cycle blades its hard to be 100% sure but its defo buggy and very annoying if you got the sound on.

My blade is in sync when no reload pills. When I use reload pills, it cant keep up. Not sure it ever could to be honest.. imagine my sword having 100atk.. will look like I'm having a seizure.

I think its visual and sound only i still see dmg hits on mobs sync with the cycle bar. But with fast cycle blades its hard to be 100% sure but its defo buggy and very annoying if you got the sound on.

My observation was regarding pure numbers, total damage as shown in the results screen after an instance vs weapons stats as shown in the weapon compare tool. Not visuals, not sounds, not damage messages in the chat, because all the three always were out of sync with each other and the real stats for me, ever since I started using melee years ago. And I normally don't use any pills, enhancers and whatnot.

But as I said, few runs is not enough to conclude anything, it's just that - an observation. I added it in hope that someone might reply that it's a known fact or that it was disproved long time ago.

Because lvl 50 is nothing, it's like 1/4 of lvl 100 (consider skillpoint compression effect).

More like 1/10 really, maybe even nearer 1/20.

GL with 1/12 :laugh: I'm more with Oleg here. It's a slow grind to level 100.

and back on topic...

10 hour+ none-stop stints daily since this mayhem started and have barely got past 2500 points. My life feels so waisted yet again :cool:

I wouldn't mind another sneaky session but the Core is currently closed as a server outage approaches, gutted!

So here i am fully competing in this event, finishing my last hour just after 1300 EU time and they decided to turn off DSU drops at 1300 INSTEAD of 1400 as stated in the rules thanks alot MA i guess all the important players finishedup so they decided to turn off DSU drops an hr early?!

Amazing, just amazing....

Yes, no points since 13:00. I have 4953 points and missed getting the 5000 point reward because of this.

Back