-25k peds last Month whats up with Loot?

I personally think the game has become tougher to survive and considerably more expensive to play. I think Rick England is pretty spot-on with most everything he says.

I think the game is somewhat tailored to the avatar, though I do think there's also random dumb luck involved. I have a hunch that MA's algorithm does some trending and profiling (I think they would be stupid not to) and bases the loot somewhat on your play style. I can't provide you with a lot of charts and graphs to prove it, but a lot of my experiences have pointed to that.

Anyway, since OP asked for numbers, here are mine:

Since Jan:

Mining - 60k cycled, 85% return (-9k)
Hunting - 25k cycled, 84% return (-4k)

So that means this year I've spent about $400 per month on this game. Was it worth it? No. Will I keep doing it? Probably.

If you strip away the RCE aspects, this is a reaallly shitty game. It's so boring, many of you play it afk. Would any of you honestly play this if there wasn't real money involved? Let's face it, we're all here chasing the gold.

Quick question, was your ATH during the "old mining system"? Back when deposits were actually (for certain) in the ground, and anyone could get a huge HoF even with newbie finder?

I think so :p

Two different professions.. two different mechanics. Eco is about savings while going after multipliers. Not some magic formula to get 100+% tt returns.

From what I understand, you have some fails:

- you hire mod fappers (great if you don't use armor but can be very high Def cost if you don't have the dps.. and I don't think you do)

- your Def cost is over 2%. Just not a recipe for success in this environment.

- you hunt big mobs (25k loss a month on 300k is not unreasonable hunting 15+ PED mobs all the time)

- you don't track your hunts (means every loss of a hunt makes you overly emotional like now.. since you have no idea what is really going on)

- you hunt little to no markup mobs. You won't win the TT game. So your entire approach is wrong. And worse, you don't recognize that you are getting markup (ex: 1k tt esi)

now calm your tits. That is.. if you really wanted help understanding things (even though you have no data) instead of pitching a fit.

Reactions: DoA
There's not such think as eco! Prove: i never lost 200k mining to get a so big ATH!!! Eco and Luck can't be in same sentence they just don't fit together!

Eco has nothing to do with luck, eco has nothing to do with losing 200k to get an ath.. eco simply lets you cycle more... ah fuck it, i give up. what´s the point?

Two different professions.. two different mechanics. Eco is about savings while going after multipliers. Not some magic formula to get 100+% tt returns.

From what I understand, you have some fails:

- you hire mod fappers (great if you don't use armor but can be very high Def cost if you don't have the dps.. and I don't think you do)

- your Def cost is over 2%. Just not a recipe for success in this environment.

- you hunt big mobs (25k loss a month on 300k is not unreasonable hunting 15+ PED mobs all the time)

- you don't track your hunts (means every loss of a hunt makes you overly emotional like now.. since you have no idea what is really going on)

- you hunt little to no markup mobs. You won't win the TT game. So your entire approach is wrong. And worse, you don't recognize that you are getting markup (ex: 1k tt esi)

now calm your tits. That is.. if you really wanted help understanding things (even though you have no data) instead of pitching a fit.

1. I had a Mod fap in past and i used some friends to fap with it - same result!

2. My defense cost is that in some mobs from the last month what about all other mobs i did without that defence costs?

3. Better track then have all full repaired? and check how much your ped card is down in end, want better?

4. Theres no better MU then warlocks i did 30k points of them result was same (4xep-41), 1200 peds of nano adjuster, L guns (zero-6, zero-7, LC-120, SIF's etc (MU?)), and 1 ESI of 14 peds weee!!! 30k points i repeat.

PS: This is my return from last month, if i did since July of 2015 i can tell you i lost more then 50k.

Mining - 60k cycled, 85% return (-9k)
Hunting - 25k cycled, 84% return (-4k)

Those are some depressing numbers. Are those TT returns? They must be. How was your average MU?

To your #3 point, that doesn't track your returns. 2k bankroll and cycling 50k in a month but losing 1k ped is not 50% return. That's a math fail.

I disagree on the no better MU on warlocks. Perhaps you need to move or go back mining.

We have no idea what your defense cost is since you don't track, so I'm done trying to help you since you didn't really want it anyway. But I'm gonna bet it is somewhere north of 5% if you're using armor.

I'll simply refer you to my log and be done with this thread.

To your #3 point, that doesn't track your returns. 2k bankroll and cycling 50k in a month but losing 1k ped is not 50% return. That's a math fail.

I disagree on the no better MU on warlocks. Perhaps you need to move or go back mining.

We have no idea what your defense cost is since you don't track, so I'm done trying to help you since you didn't really want it anyway. But I'm gonna bet it is somewhere north of 5% if you're using armor.

I'll simply refer you to my log and be done with this thread.

i advice you to see some of my videos and think again about those 2k...

Those are some depressing numbers. Are those TT returns? They must be. How was your average MU?

What MU? Most loot hunting or mining is TT food these days. Occasionally I get decent drops hunting, but it's too rare to make a difference. I specifically target high MU ores when mining, but the MU on everything has dropped so much it just doesn't bridge the gap.

What MU? Most loot hunting or mining is TT food these days. Occasionally I get decent drops hunting, but it's too rare to make a difference. I specifically target high MU ores when mining, but the MU on everything has dropped so much it just doesn't bridge the gap.

South of underground at arkadia best mining place atm!

i advice you to see some of my videos and think again about those 2k...

It was a math example to illustrate the fallacy of that point. I did it in simple terms... that should be obvious.

Come on man.

Markup is in volumes. If what you're hunting is mostly tt food, then you're in the wrong place. All I'm gonna say.

And by the way, unless they up demand on resources.. making it cheaper to hunt through high eco will only lower markup since there is less risk.

I know nothing about hunting loot. But I've heard here and there that Calypso is ammo and shrapnel, and Cyrene is apparently a great spot for MU, as is maybe Arkadia/Rocktropia if you know what to target. But again, I'm the furthest thing from an authority on this. Maybe talk to $5 :cool:

But when mining, I rarely (probably never) have a run below 110% average MU. Not that 110% is great or anything, but a lot of runs are above that.

As long as you avoid indoor mining you shouldn't have a problem with MU. Indoor mining is the hunting equivalent of hunting gigantic mobs in a taxed LA that only drop big shrapnel HOFs...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279100-ZPF-Mining-Log

Markup is in volumes. If what you're hunting is mostly tt food, then you're in the wrong place. All I'm gonna say.

And by the way, unless they up demand on resources.. making it cheaper to hunt through high eco will only lower markup since there is less risk.

I don't disagree at all. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to target higher MU mobs. I try to go for what I can profit best on at my skill level. Not moaning, but I think this game is most difficult for mid-level players.

I believe you are absolutely right... (and I think you are very brave).

Good luck!

I agree but that is because the majority are mid level. And so the markup loot doesn't stay nice for very long. Hence the problem is to increase demand for resources.

I agree but that is because the majority is mid level. And so the markup loot doesn't stay nice for very long. Hence the problem is to increase demand for resources.

Very true, now if only crafters needed our loots....

There's not such think as eco! Prove: i never lost 200k mining to get a so big ATH!!! Eco and Luck can't be in same sentence they just don't fit together!

Well as some said eco means you can cycle through more mobs meaning higher chance of a hof or uber. Example you hunt and get back say 90% 5% goes into a universal pool another 5% goes into tax << example as these days you can get alot higher then 90%. uni pool is up for grabs by anyone but normally the most skilled and the most eco wins it.

As for crafting i honestly dont think this is the case its whos got the bigger wallet to cycle to hit the next big uber which normally hits twice a day in morning and evening usually for uk timezone. And its usually whos got the biggest wallet at the right time lol.

I have also seen what rick has been on about regarding the loot all of a sudden changing and it doesn't happen on a weekend which makes me believe ma is micro managing alot of stuff. That was back before i started condition crafting and was hunting eco and over the weekend i pretty much pulled 13kped out the system in lots of 1khits and monday morning bang on 9 o clock it completely changed. Reason none of us can say truly say how ubers and stuff works is because its dynamic ever changing and constantly being fiddled with.

Last edited:
which makes me believe ma is micro managing alot of stuff.

100% this. It would be naive to believe that MA just has an algorithm programmed into their server and it's on auto-pilot. When Marco said "it's dynamic", what he meant was "we dynamically fuck with the dials constantly throughout the day".

Eco has nothing to do with luck, eco has nothing to do with losing 200k to get an ath.. eco simply lets you cycle more... ah fuck it, i give up. what´s the point?

I agree eco just lets you cycle more and nothing more to it

Person A: the most eco set up ever with the most dps what not top uber player uber skill top gear can look at the sky and the whole muthafucking universe collapses...you get my point

Person B: your typical worst eco doesn't have clue about anything hell even his 2 armor parts dont match...even his amp is over powered for his weapon again you catch my drift.

Person A and B go out to hunt the same mob and they grind away...funny thing is person B spends 1 hour gets a couple fat ones...total hunt cost 500 ped... returns 3k or more peds so he says fcuk this got what i wanted leaves does his repairs and hes up 2500 ped

Person A on the other hand has been grinding away for 3 or4 times as long as hes so ECO but as MA doesn't want to pay him all he did was grind 4 times as long but at the end...yes that's right cycle cycle cycle and all gone.

while on the other hand person B is ready for another day and hunt and bam again same thing and so goes the cycle for him, while person A depos and cycles 3 or 4 times longer as hes busy ECO'ng as ECO is clogging his neurons.

That's the Eco story...let me give you an even simple example based on 2 eco players since this eco matters so much

Person A with exactly same skill set and eco goes and kills 100 osse stalkers...result = not a single global
along comes neidra ( sorry nothing personal but you hunt those a lot so giving example) does 100 osse and you reckon the result will be the same?? do you really?

Eco cycling what not is just words to tell you indirectly to STFU and to confuse you so much that you forget what the reality is and how simple the truth is.

If they want to pay you they will pay you otherwise you pay them. its as simple as that.

I speak for myself until things change, otherwise thats how they are as that's what their showing themselves.....

100% this. It would be naive to believe that MA just has an algorithm programmed into their server and it's on auto-pilot. When Marco said "it's dynamic", what he meant was "we dynamically fuck with the dials constantly throughout the day".

Just think about then mean of "Entropy"!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

It is often said that entropy is an expression of the disorder, or randomness of a system, or of our lack of information about it.

I can sympathize with the op. Returns are abysmal and markup is mostly non-existent. I've been back less than 2 weeks and I'm selling out again. Good fucking riddance tbh.

Dumb and obvious are not synonyms. Perhaps you should take a little time to brush up on comprehension before offering your opinions. This player has started a flame-bait thread twice in a month, complaining about the loot and how hard and unrealistic the game is being. The fact is the OP is being unrealistic and a touch delusional.

If you wish to arm up and play the game in an expensive bracket, then you should be prepared for the highs and the lows. What do you expect? a 200K ATH to compensate your expenses on a monthly basis? Your level of game play states that this is the level of entertainment you require. You wish to roll high, and therefore that is the cost of your level of entertainment.

If you are no longer entertained, arm down. My statement is obvious fact, but that doesn't matter because all the OP really wants is special treatment and attention.

Isn't my comment obvious also?

You just offered dumb feedback and I called you out on it. You a little salty?

salt.jpg

PE really is the oddest game, even to me, who loves recording and seeing where every pec goes, gets a false sense.

For example, there are hours or even days where you feel like minas. Everything you do or touch turns to gold. Craft on condition, second hits a hof. Go mining with a big amp and get 200% tt returns. Hunt one big prot get a hof.

Then there are days or hours when you feel cursed. You find, hunt, craft and get nothing in return.

I know MA have said time and time again that returns are NOT avatar specific, hell even my spreadsheets tend to agree with that. But damn, sometimes its hard.

EDIT: sometimes it also feels like MA is big brothering you. "My god this worked yesterday, why the hell is it not working now???!?!?" as an example, you feel like they are watching over your shoulder and press a button to stop it. I don't believe this is the case for one second, and for sure wouldnt play if I thought they did. It does annoying fit wonderfully in a random system. We see patterns, it's human nature.

Rgds

Ace

It comes and goes, my brother likened it to a sine wave and I absolutely agree. There are spans of time where it rains money and you can't even believe it is happening. Then it goes cold for three, four, ten times as long. It is the flow of the game and to recognize when it is in that cold phase is important. The other thing that I've learned to remember is that with every amazing loot phase comes with a worse cold phase because ultimately THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS. When I win I DO NOT change my game play because I know I will also lose much of it simply by continuing my current playing pattern. If I bough gear with every good loot hit, I'd be depositing every other day.

Always welcome to join us at OLA42 and some sweating :sweat:

LOL guy who looted big ass ESI few weeks ago say that he loose too much... Usually when someone gets big hofs, others say - dont spend all at once... Maybe you should do that...

Don't roll so high if you can't afford the swings?

Agree 100%. Swings are big on high lvl. Crying in forum every time you loose it so pathetic... especially when lot of people around tell you what is wrong with yours gameplay...

P.S. Ye ye, i know... Its "Helena" style. And it works :S

LOL guy who looted big ass ESI few weeks ago say that he loose too much... Usually when someone gets big hofs, others say - dont spend all at once... Maybe you should do that...

Agree 100%. Swings are big on high lvl. Crying in forum every time you loose it so pathetic... especially when lot of people around tell you what is wrong with yours gameplay...

P.S. Ye ye, i know... Its "Helena" style. And it works :S

I don't have to prove anythink to you, you can see with your own eyes in my video log! Are you afraid of something?

Worked for Smilgs lets see how it gonna be with me!
You can look for his crying threads too.

so, now Ive just checked your stream.

Youre doing Osse stalkers with mod fapper.

So i took a stop watch and timed your kills.

On average you need 1min 21sec for a stalker and 1min 10sec for a prowler.

Lets presume you pay the faper 60ped per hour, that translates to about 1,15ped extra cost on a mob.

Can you tell me why do you think this is a good idea?

so, now Ive just checked your stream.

Youre doing Osse stalkers with mod fapper.

So i took a stop watch and timed your kills.

On average you need 1min 21sec for a stalker and 1min 10sec for a prowler.

Lets presume you pay the faper 60ped per hour, that translates to about 1,15ped extra cost on a mob.

Can you tell me why do you think this is a good idea?

Almost done with mission can you calculate the cost for lets see 10k mobs? all Osseos mission. And then tell me a way, without exploit to do those? i would like to see the cost of killing one solo anyone wanna try for me?

Almost done with mission can you calculate the cost for lets see 10k mobs? all Osseos mission. And then tell me a way, without exploit to do those? How many hours you calculate i had to do of fap service to have that return?

you didnt anwser my question mate, do you think 1,15 peds extra on each mob is smart?

Why are you trying to push the mission so hard, why not go for a bit smaller osse, maybe domi-alpha, youll burn through them faster=more mobs killed, higher chance for big loot?

Back