Question: On which actvity/profesion/skill_gains we never get skill increase bonus and possibility of skill pills effect?

Dan59

Stalker
Society
dust
Dan Dan Petrov
On which actvity/profesion/skill_gains we never get skill increase bonus?

I cant remember that i ever got in one of listed here:

- Attributes
- Sweat gatherering
- Resource gatherering
- Dispense decoy
- vehicle repairing

Please confirm or post your findings.
Please add more if exist.

Do you think that skill pills boost any of above mentioned (main skill and not contributing skill set)?

Last edited:
edit read it wrong

I think atributes does get it but not sure ofc

edit read it wrong

I think atributes does get it but not sure ofc

Maybe when you get boost in profession in which an particular attribute is contributing.
But what to say for HP and Stamina? No direct boost, just through contributors, or no any as stamina don't have known effects on other professions except to raise HP?

If I recall correctly (haven't done much lately), you don't get boosts on vehicle repairing either. Skill pills however are thought to have an effect on that.

Coloring/texturing does have boosts.

Anyone done scanning lately?

Also, looking at it from the profession angle, you never get boosts for defensive professions and Mentor.

I think dan means skill pills boosts not temporary. If we talk about temporary then defensive skills dont get boosts for sure.

If I recall correctly (haven't done much lately), you don't get boosts on vehicle repairing either. Skill pills however are thought to have an effect on that.

Coloring/texturing does have boosts.

Anyone done scanning lately?

Ok vehicle repairing to add to the list.

I hoped to find relation with temp boost skill boost and pills.
If with sweating you don't get temp boost them probably any expensive pill do not help and same for any other mentioned profession/skill.
Also if pills do not boost defense skills then they are too expensive to buy (strong box or recent Ark event )

I have a suspicion that the TT cost of your action relates to the range of the skill boost gain %...

Using corrosive 3 mentor edition chip, I saw skill boosts of 5-35%. Using L1100E t4, I have seen up to 194%...

Therefore, it would make sense that any action which has zero cost could not possibly give a skill boost (sweating, defence, etc).

I have a suspicion that the TT cost of your action relates to the range of the skill boost gain %...

Using corrosive 3 mentor edition chip, I saw skill boosts of 5-35%. Using L1100E t4, I have seen up to 194%...

Therefore, it would make sense that any action which has zero cost could not possibly give a skill boost (sweating, defence, etc).

Agree, I had similar experience in hunting on bigger mobs and using bigger weapon.
With crafting instead only 1-5%, well newer gambled big TT per click longer than 200 clicks so don't know if is possible to get better boost.

But other mentioned actions consume resources and decay like decoy dispenser - distractor tool decay and consume decoys, same with vehicle repairing tool decay and consume welding wire and teratech tool for resource gathering have considerable decay with fails too and still no boost.

Ceteris paribus - yes; for example, boosts dropping amped probes are typically bigger than dropping unamped. However, the boosts you get while extracting claims (the same type) are usually even bigger (less common though), although the decay of the excavator is minuscule in comparison.

Back