shoot like a pro! :p

jdegre

Elite
Society
Survival Program
Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
i know lots of people do not care about sound, and play with sound turned off, while listening music or whatever... but i _do_ care, and i cannot stand anymore shooting with an Enigma L4 that sounds like crap (it's crap overall, but even more crappy for a BLP gun).

if you add to that, the fact that every other shot is muted (at least in my setup), you get the most disgusting experience you can possibly get in a shooting game :laugh:

this is how it looks like for me:

crap, isn't it? :tongue2:

(to be continued...)

(continued here... due to the limit of 1 video / post)

ok, so i made a small utility to make it sound like this, instead:

better, isn't it? not only it removes the muted shots, but also it rotates randomly between different BLP sounds, so you get a little more variety during your hunting session.

let me know what do you think :)

better, isn't it? not only it removes the muted shots, but also it rotates randomly between different BLP sounds, so you get a little more variety during your hunting session.

Damn, you should work for MA :) Seems like you could fix a lot of shit in this game :laugh:

+REP man

:eyecrazy:
So that's what it has come to? Players are forced to create their own utilities to fix [sound] bugs??

I started out with laser pistols (cuz i was a stupid noob who knew nothing and ppl in my soc said it's a smart choice). Few months later we had a soc hunt and one guy had a mod stark. It was pre VU 9 and mod stark still had this magnificent low whanging sound. I know many ppl still remember it...

That was the main reason I decided to switch to BLP.

Today mod stark has lost it's sound (last time I checked it had this silly dry cough). Luckily, Camo family still has fairly decent sound. Not as good as the old mod stark but still. I think this old modstark sound file isn't even included in EU any more today, at some point it simply got lost. Well anyway, as a result now I'm pretty satisfied with my current skill and not even trying to skill up to 100/100 BLP. There's no cool gun up there waiting for me any more, so what's the point.

I have no idea how many ppl share the similar logic, prolly not many. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this attitude either. Food for thought, should anyone from MA read this. :smoke:

I hear ya. Got me an UL pistol to reach kill strike faster, but after few weeks of struggling to get used to its 20 shots/min sound (instead of 65) shoved it into storage and went back to buying L rifles.

I have no idea how many ppl share the similar logic, prolly not many. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this attitude either. Food for thought, should anyone from MA read this. :smoke:

Switching to blp long time ago was a pure sound choice on my end. Im dissatisfied with the blp sounds only the Ml-35 and Desert and Jungle stalker seem to have this powerful sound i like so much. I hope the sound guy on mindarks end will read here and give BLP guns strong sounds again.

I feel with you. I do miss the old RATATA as well. It did sound so powerful.

Switching to blp long time ago was a pure sound choice on my end. Im dissatisfied with the blp sounds only the Ml-35 and Desert and Jungle stalker seem to have this powerful sound i like so much. I hope the sound guy on mindarks end will read here and give BLP guns strong sounds again.

Camo / ML's got the best sound in entropia for me personally

The VAT and AS Series BLP rifles used to have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5px1-AkbQ0 (See 6:10 for how they used to sound) i dont know why they changed that

Very cool indeed and i'm also one that always have the ingame sound on ;)
The Herman and Gravis weapons could use something as cool like this and don't forget some nice muzzle flares as well just like the one from the King Kong Special Starter Pack pack :cool:
I think that's the only cool sounding/cool muzzle effect BLP rifle but but but it gives one laser skills :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The M-ray 1000 laser pistol also has some very nice cool sounds and muzzle effect :cool:

Games weapons should have great and cool sounds/muzzle effect for sure so dear MA :laugh:

nice one!
can you do something for the new "critical hit" who sound like a crap "missing hit" instead? :laugh:

+rep for the ....... "invetiveness"

When something like this happens then you know that you have failed. (MA)

Love the idea jdegre, personally I'd not cycle between different sounds but if you like it go for it!
I wonder if I have the proper sound files on a CD down in the basement, hmm...

Back