MA blocking avatars without any real reason!

... Thats the whole story

All well and good. But someone else thought it ain't so because the red flags were there, reported it, they came to investigate, and found the reaction or lack thereof to be consistent with the allegation and acted consequently. Now your friend is a petitioner in order to clear his name. Everybody involved needs to exercise some diplomacy to see this through.

I think a distinction needs to be made to take some confusion out of the discussion. Whether someone is botting, which is against the rules, or "lazy hunting", which is fully okay and over the years got increasingly supported by in-game tools, what determines a bad action is if it impacts negatively on the gameplay of others.

Nobody would notice a botter if they never got to interfere with another player. Things turn sour when they do. But the same thing applies to any lawful activity. If your lazy-hunting results in you not paying attention to your environment and you start impinging on others by kill-stealing or whatever, then you are a nuisance to them, regardless how innocent you think you are. It has happened to me, too, in crowded places like Boreas using all of 'next target' and 'auto move to target' and 'auto use tool' together and letting the mind wander off I crossed someone else's line and shot their mob, including taking the loot since I had the stronger gun, several times before it cut through the fog and managed to break my pattern. Then the decent thing to do is to apologize the moment you notice, bad english is no excuse as everyone can and does know how to say "sorry", and move to the side as well as re-think what you are doing. Failure to do so will result in others drawing their conclusions, which is obviously what happened. Laziness with no bad intention is no excuse for such failure either.

If it walks like a bot and doesn't talk like a bot.. then maybe your friend was actually botting.

Ya never know, some people like to play dumb.

He was just standing at same spot with turned on auto-tool and shooting in air. At the same time

This most have been to most uneco hunt in the history of EU.. shooting in the air and he lost everything in one hunt:wtg: Who was hes mentor?

fear mongering? I just wanna be able to go to the little girls room without hassle.. lol

Just drop a message to support each time you go to the bathroom, so if MA guys catch you with your pants down (literally) you always can refer them to your notices :D

I would never fully trust soc mate if he didnt live in 5 minutes from me. We are friends in real-life. I see no reason him lieing to me, and i would never post it in PCF, if i had even the slightest doubt that he didnt bot.

Hope the story clears fast and well for both sides.

In another note, wow just wow, I would like an MA official to spawn next to me and say GZ, this is for you and then bang HOF:)))))

Well i guess all you can do is wait for MA to finish their investigation, they probably can check for timings on keypresses/tool uses and look for a pattern.

If they decide its lazy human playing, the account will be returned. If they deem botting, then it'll be either ban or deleted and all accounts on same IP/payment details will likely be investigated next

My friend was botting and got caught.

Correction, as I read the last bit! Just to be fair:

My friend was actively botting.

I have to ask: is this an effect of those loot thingie pills or auto loot pets?
Years ago I remember seeing naked autoclickers running from a revive to afk skill evade or dodge and you could see those strange lumps of mobs they attracted. I think that was heavily frowned upon.

haha. I afk hunt alot. Basicly I've got a pedal by my feet that is next target while i work or do other stuff.. I push the pedal once the mob is dead and it auto shoots, auto loots the next mob. (Pills and auto use tool)

1 button is all it takes now to hunt. 1 button. (Next Target)

If a MA would spawn next too me and try to talk. I would just ignore.

Can't belive MA can't tell the difference between a lazy hunter and a bot. U made all these functions ingame possible.

Would it be considered botting if I made a stick that would push down my mouse button every 15 seconds to change mobs when i kill that mob in 10 seconds. No 3rd party programming involved. Only a stick and the rest of the functions are already ingame.

haha. I afk hunt alot. Basicly I've got a pedal by my feet that is next target while i work or do other stuff.. I push the pedal once the mob is dead and it auto shoots, auto loots the next mob. (Pills and auto use tool)

1 button is all it takes now to hunt. 1 button. (Next Target)

If a MA would spawn next too me and try to talk. I would just ignore.

Can't belive MA can't tell the difference between a lazy hunter and a bot. U made all these functions ingame possible.

Would it be considered botting if I made a stick that would push down my mouse button every 15 seconds to change mobs when i kill that mob in 10 seconds. No 3rd party programming involved. Only a stick and the rest of the functions are already ingame.

Exactly! All of those functions are part of user interface. So.. you are just lucky tha MA offical didnt come to you.

attachment.php

i know what you mean, but yeah i think it would be. IMO anything that automates play via external means without a user been present would be considered botting, even if its simply holding down a key with a rock. but if you held the stick and pressed the key from afar, thats user input

Last edited:

It doesn't matter if the solution is software or mechanical, botting is the absence of human operator. And if you don't respond, there is no way to tell if there is an operator.

It is great to see MA actively looking into suspicious behaviour :yay:

MA will investigate and they know more about the avatars movements than we do so lets wait and see what their investigation concludes :).

From this it is clear, if approached by an official avatar it is best to respond, if we are afk it is best to go into afk mode or simply stand still rather than running around and shooting stuff (afk mode automatically activates after a few minutes of inactivity I think?)

Well if EU is so boring for you or other gamer, maybe simply quitting it alltogether would be better.

I don't buy that your friend didn't answered the pm because he didn't understood and he didn't knew who was there. Seeing "MindArk" or "Official" in the name of ava could at the very least make your friend write something like "niet panimaiu" or whatever is spelled in Russian.

Aside from that, there are some minor details which could change whole perspective.

If he went afk 5 mins to go to toilet, there is one thing. If the went afk 10 hours to go to work, is different. If ava remained on auto and just shooting the plain sky, there is one thing. If it continued to also select & loot, again different. Also PMs have an unread state. I would guess server side there is the possibility to check when the avatar actually checked the PM.

At the very least, your story seems to be shortened and intentionally missing almost everything just to blame MA.
From my point of view, as a player frustrated that it has a job and can only play 2-3 hrs a day, the possiblity that your friend is a botter and you cover up just to make noise, as slim as that possibility might be, drives my empathy to negative levels.

Also, by MA support reply, it results that your friend didn't stopped at all hunting. Using pills means you have to consume them at certain times.

Finally, MA never did this, to block/ban out of thin air. They will now most likely comb his whole history since he made ava. If he is innocent, he will get unblocked.

TL;DR: sounds like bs.

Well if EU is so boring for you or other gamer, maybe simply quitting it alltogether would be better.

I don't buy that your friend didn't answered the pm because he didn't understood and he didn't knew who was there. Seeing "MindArk" or "Official" in the name of ava could at the very least make your friend write something like "niet panimaiu" or whatever is spelled in Russian.

Aside from that, there are some minor details which could change whole perspective.

If he went afk 5 mins to go to toilet, there is one thing. If the went afk 10 hours to go to work, is different. If ava remained on auto and just shooting the plain sky, there is one thing. If it continued to also select & loot, again different. Also PMs have an unread state. I would guess server side there is the possibility to check when the avatar actually checked the PM.

At the very least, your story seems to be shortened and intentionally missing almost everything just to blame MA.
From my point of view, as a player frustrated that it has a job and can only play 2-3 hrs a day, the possiblity that your friend is a botter and you cover up just to make noise, as slim as that possibility might be, drives my empathy to negative levels.

Also, by MA support reply, it results that your friend didn't stopped at all hunting. Using pills means you have to consume them at certain times.

Finally, MA never did this, to block/ban out of thin air. They will now most likely comb his whole history since he made ava. If he is innocent, he will get unblocked.

TL;DR: sounds like bs.
Actually, it was just for 5 minutes!

half_truth.jpg

If you friend has done nothing wrong he doesn't need to worry, if he has I'm sure Mindark will give him further details of what he is accused of.

MA officials rarely appear in game and are likely to have done so either by way of a support case by a player reporting suspicious behaviour or some method in which they have detected unusual keystrokes or installed software.

Hope your friend get's his account unlocked, provided he did nothing wrong.

I often get distracted by real life when I'm hunting... dog wants out... phone rings... dog wants back in.... oops I had too much to drink.... damnit, now someone is at the door...

Omg so true, then add four kids to that.
One minute nothing is wrong, next all hell breaks loose, as they start to fight. :laugh:

half_truth.jpg

If you friend has done nothing wrong he doesn't need to worry, if he has I'm sure Mindark will give him further details of what he is accused of.

MA officials rarely appear in game and are likely to have done so either by way of a support case by a player reporting suspicious behaviour or some method in which they have detected unusual keystrokes or installed software.

He is not worried at all. He is just sad, he cant play;)

This is awesome news :yay:!

Seems like they have a valid reason to ban/block him. If he did nothing wrong he'll be unbanned, but if he was indeed botting he will be locked for a while. Thanks for letting us know MA cares :)

It takes more then an auto clicker to hunt automatically. Your friend was botting and should be banned imo

Banning an player for just not answering MA offfical is quite weird. I am half afk hunting my self too, and surely i can miss or dont answer pm by somebody..

Exactly...

And in case of a Bot used, then no problem for banning him.

It takes more then an auto clicker to hunt automatically. Your friend was botting and should be banned imo

Please read messages above. I will repeat. The player is my real-life friend, who i see almost everyday. I know he didnt bot, because i just know. I would not post it on PCF.

Please read messages above. I will repeat. The player is my real-life friend, who i see almost everyday. I know he didnt bot, because i just know. I would not post it on PCF.

No, actually you don't know.

You hope. You assume.

But it doesn't matter since your 'testimony' won't be considered by MA anyway.

You should ask the mods to close this thread since it is pointless.

No, actually you don't know.

You hope. You assume.

But it doesn't matter since your 'testimony' won't be considered by MA anyway.

You should ask the mods to close this thread since it is pointless.
Lets not argue, what i know and what i dont. I didnt post here to tell people that..

Mods please close the thread.

But you DID post that he bots, right here:

Hello.

He was afk-hunting (just clicking TAB to make avatar run to another mobs) with autotool and didnt watched at hunt every second. Then he went afk, while auto tool was still turned on. By that time MA officer logged in and standed by him. Officer pmed him to get answer, to check if it is a bot or not.

That description is botting... How was it switching mobs and going between them with just 'autotool' being on? If he went afk for a prolonged time with autotool he would be standing still at the creature using autotool. If he just hit autorun, he would be going in a straight line and MA would catch on. But he wasn't he was botting according to YOU. lol

Lets not argue, what i know and what i dont. I didnt post here to tell people that..

Mods please close the thread.

It seems like you posted here to convince people that Mindark bans anyone that won't talk to them.

Darn, Mindark is like a needy girlfriend!

But in reality, his account was locked for legitimate concern/reason. We should be encouraging this sort of behavior from Mindark.

I agree, this thread should be locked, because the title is misleading and people are drawing all sorts of asinine conclusions and ignoring the facts.

I'm willing to bet that someone noticed your friend "afk hunting" before, attempted to hail your friend and they didn't respond so the player submitted a report to MA, which is why MA came to take a peek.

"Coincidentally", your friend was, again, "afk hunting" when the MA official came to investigate. And once again your friend ignored contact.

I don't believe for a second that this just HAPPENED to be a one time occurrence out of nowhere. Stop botting.

Back