A warning about instances

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Well I just learned the hard way that the instances can be a huge loss thanks to MindArk's third-world connectivity.

Was in the midst of the vampire vault and the server lagged me out of the game. When I relogged I was outside the instance. I lost the key (125 ped) and all of the ammo and decay I spent in the instance. Thanks MA.

Worth considering if you decide to do an instance, be sure that you can afford to get an absolute zero return on it. *sigh*

Arkadia allows you to join that instance up to 4 times. Did you try to rejoin the instance? If not, talk to Neverdie. You are due a refund. (Also put in support case, but be sure to talk to ND)

Arkadia allows you to join that instance up to 4 times. Did you try to rejoin the instance? If not, talk to Neverdie. You are due a refund. (Also put in support case, but be sure to talk to ND)

Yea I tried to re-enter, it just says I need a key. :(

I did make a support case, hopefully they will do the right thing. I'm not sure how to talk to Neverdie...?

I'm not sure how to talk to Neverdie...?

He frequently is in #rocktropia. Likely a number of the locals have him on fl and can help with an avatar link. Good luck!

He frequently is in #rocktropia. Likely a number of the locals have him on fl and can help with an avatar link. Good luck!

Thanks, I found his forum and sent him a PM. If nothing else I think this is a serious flaw that should be addressed. I know it has definitely scared me away from doing any more instances.

Thanks, I found his forum and sent him a PM. If nothing else I think this is a serious flaw that should be addressed. I know it has definitely scared me away from doing any more instances.

Rocktropia instances have historically been rough. It needs to change to the same mechanic arkadia has for their instances. But that will be ND who has to do that coding.

Be prepared for a long wait for refund.

I got kicked out of an Ark instance I think 3,4 months ago, and am still waiting for support to refund me.

Does CTD count as getting kicked out? It was interesting that I have not had many problems with getting CTD in instances like other people report here, but had it happen on ark gr instance a few times. I was CTD out of one with about 15 mins left, when I went to re-join, it put me in a new instance instead of letting me rejoin the one I was in, which was a bummer because I did not have time to run another, not sure how that counted for number of runs, since we don't have run counters. The next time it happened I was able to re-join, so I am sure what the difference was to the game.

Never had issues like this, althogh I actually live in the third world (Eastern Europe).

The trick is simple - I never solo instances.

i couldnt finish aakas 04 instance as it was bugged (knowingly by MA) and im still waiting for refund. but that was just 1.5 years ago though

Be prepared for a long wait for refund.

I got kicked out of an Ark instance I think 3,4 months ago, and am still waiting for support to refund me.

i couldnt finish aakas 04 instance as it was bugged (knowingly by MA) and im still waiting for refund. but that was just 1.5 years ago though

Yea, I've already written it off. Maybe MA will come through, but I'm not holding my breath.

This wasn't meant to be a bitch thread or anything (even though it was very frustrating). It was something that I didn't know could happen, and I just wanted to post my experience for others that might not be aware of it.

Never had issues like this, althogh I actually live in the third world (Eastern Europe).

The trick is simple - I never solo instances.

Yep, lesson learned. Well, the instances where the mobs actually loot, no big deal... but the ones that only loot at the end I will definitely not do again until I know there's a safety net in place for this type of occurrence.

Even though, I can't control if someone gets dced in the instance. I did speak to Detritus today when I saw him on Rocktropia. He told me he dced and lost his ped, and I offered to give him a new key as I had felt bad for him.

I've been dced out of instances before and when checking my ped flow center in the compensation tab have been compensated by mindark for peds lost.

Not sure if you checked there. Hopefully Mindark gets back to you soon.

Yep, lesson learned. Well, the instances where the mobs actually loot, no big deal... but the ones that only loot at the end I will definitely not do again until I know there's a safety net in place for this type of occurrence.

Just bring someone with you so that the instance stays up if you disconnect. If you can't find some OJ who'd go in there out of curiosity, consider hiring an S10 fapper for decay.

Even though, I can't control if someone gets dced in the instance. I did speak to Detritus today when I saw him on Rocktropia. He told me he dced and lost his ped, and I offered to give him a new key as I had felt bad for him.

I've been dced out of instances before and when checking my ped flow center in the compensation tab have been compensated by mindark for peds lost.

Not sure if you checked there. Hopefully Mindark gets back to you soon.

Yes thanks for the offer, that was sweet of you. It wasn't on you to compensate me for it, that's why I didn't feel right about taking the key.

And yes, when I logged in today I had a message about the instance being disconnected and it reimbursed me for the ammo spent. I'm wondering if this was automated since there was still no activity on my ticket. The key is still a loss, but maybe their support team will stuff one in my inventory at some point.

Just bring someone with you so that the instance stays up if you disconnect. If you can't find some OJ who'd go in there out of curiosity, consider hiring an S10 fapper for decay.

What is an OJ? I thought that the vault was a solo instance, didn't know I could bring someone with me.

Yes thanks for the offer, that was sweet of you. It wasn't on you to compensate me for it, that's why I didn't feel right about taking the key.

And yes, when I logged in today I had a message about the instance being disconnected and it reimbursed me for the ammo spent. I'm wondering if this was automated since there was still no activity on my ticket. The key is still a loss, but maybe their support team will stuff one in my inventory at some point.

What is an OJ? I thought that the vault was a solo instance, didn't know I could bring someone with me.

OJ is the old term for new person because of orange clothes.

Also a murderer... *hides*

And also a delicious fruit beverage.

OJ = Orange Jumpsuit, an old-fashioned euphemism for 'n00b'. (as the new jumpsuits aren't really orange anymore)

Historically, instances were team endeavor (just like in most other games out there), and AFAIK most of them still are, except where there is a serious reason for them to be solo (events, missions). I don't know about this particular one as it's new but you can search your chat logs for "whole team can now enter" to find a notification like this:

2016-09-11 19:13:37 [Force] [] Haruto Rat entered Sal'diresh's Vault 3. The whole team can now enter at 14900,20693,146.

He can also be found at CND Lagoon being the first to discover blueprints :D

Heya , apologies for the inconvenience . I'll be on in a few hours and will sort you out ,add me .

Let's keep the holiday festive!!!

What is an OJ?

OJ.jpg

Heya , apologies for the inconvenience . I'll be on in a few hours and will sort you out ,add me .

Let's keep the holiday festive!!!

Also thanks to Blastie for notifying me. The best kind of support - Player to player!

That's mighty kind of you, thanks.

I really didn't expect anything to come of this. This is a pretty cool community.

And also thanks Blastie, whoever you are. :D

That's mighty kind of you, thanks.

I really didn't expect anything to come of this. This is a pretty cool community.

And also thanks Blastie, whoever you are. :D

You're welcome ;)
But thanks to ND!

Now let's hope he adds the suggested Arkadia instance improvement to the RT back-log!
Please enlighten/remind him about that when you manage to meet up with him.

You're welcome ;)
But thanks to ND!

Now let's hope he adds the suggested Arkadia instance improvement to the RT back-log!
Please enlighten/remind him about that when you manage to meet up with him.

Ahh I never noticed your nick, haha. Thanks!

And thanks again to Neverdie, he took very good care of me, it's greatly appreciated.

Neverplay is really approachable, he prefers people to use the forums or support if there is a problem but if they are unable to assist you and you have been diligent in your efforts with them without meaningful results, Talk to Neverplay he will assist.

Back