Entropia Universe 15.15.0 Release Notes

I don't know whether to laugh or cry from some of the nonsense I'm reading here.

Did you really think loot would suddenly be better? Do you really think this was a massive overhaul that would change the game for you?

The things MA said... they were already there. They aren't tangible things. In fact, I think MA simply released those notes to 1) keep ahead of legal concerns 2) to get people whining about loot to stop barking up the wrong tree and realize they are in charge of how money comes and goes.

What MA says doesn't help those who are already mindful of what they do. The rest are the same ones now crying about their lack of ATHs post Loot 2.0. You still want something for nothing and you won't put an ounce of time into doing any kind of math. If I get lazy and don't track, I don't blame anyone else for my shit return but myself.

Inefficiencies, level of mob, decay... all this is already there. But now MA is saying maybe you should try paying attention to them. Great thing they say they will add med/armor decay to the pool. But that's just one end of the transaction. The decay is still there as it always was, it is still a cost you have to consider. But now MA is holding your hand and telling you, "Hey, you should probably pay attention to that before you ask where your money has gone." And they're giving some of it back. You don't pay a hof's worth in decay though. You might see an extra 10 peds in your overall loot over time... assuming your decay is that high.

There's no magical mystery mob level. I thought this before too, that it would make it less worthwhile for people to hunt certain mob levels. And I realized it makes no sense. However, what DOES make sense is if you are a high level hunter you may have a high level primary weapon. You go and blast a chirpy with that gun, you're going to be inefficient. That 50pec shot you fired for a 3pec mob means you just threw 47 pecs into the wind. Common sense. That has nothing to do with the system, that's YOU.

This is one massive psychological maneuver/wake up call. Take it as you will.

while i agree it isn't a large change, except the bonus pool and armour/heal costs now counted towards. its removed some of the more complicated parts for newbies, they don't want to check 3rd party websites and calculate combo's or use maths, now its a nice simple game feature.
plus removes the confusion over durability, as that was a waste of text

Hunted for about 4 hours various mobs and not a single "no looter" as well as not a single "blazar or nova fragment" while that is pretty awesome our tiering items still require these fragments... Sure the players who have been here a while have a ton in storage but new players may not be so lucky and eventually that will dry up no?

it might be now only lootable by players with max skill of 10, giving them a nice MU item

Anyone have a sense if this update affects if you use kill shot weapons or not?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry from some of the nonsense I'm reading here.

Did you really think loot would suddenly be better? Do you really think this was a massive overhaul that would change the game for you?

The things MA said... they were already there. They aren't tangible things. In fact, I think MA simply released those notes to 1) keep ahead of legal concerns 2) to get people whining about loot to stop barking up the wrong tree and realize they are in charge of how money comes and goes.

What MA says doesn't help those who are already mindful of what they do. The rest are the same ones now crying about their lack of ATHs post Loot 2.0. You still want something for nothing and you won't put an ounce of time into doing any kind of math. If I get lazy and don't track, I don't blame anyone else for my shit return but myself.

Inefficiencies, level of mob, decay... all this is already there. But now MA is saying maybe you should try paying attention to them. Great thing they say they will add med/armor decay to the pool. But that's just one end of the transaction. The decay is still there as it always was, it is still a cost you have to consider. But now MA is holding your hand and telling you, "Hey, you should probably pay attention to that before you ask where your money has gone." And they're giving some of it back. You don't pay a hof's worth in decay though. You might see an extra 10 peds in your overall loot over time... assuming your decay is that high.

There's no magical mystery mob level. I thought this before too, that it would make it less worthwhile for people to hunt certain mob levels. And I realized it makes no sense. However, what DOES make sense is if you are a high level hunter you may have a high level primary weapon. You go and blast a chirpy with that gun, you're going to be inefficient. That 50pec shot you fired for a 3pec mob means you just threw 47 pecs into the wind. Common sense. That has nothing to do with the system, that's YOU.

This is one massive psychological maneuver/wake up call. Take it as you will.

+1

All players should read and pay attention to this post

All about perspective. Also, we have no idea what the implications of the changes really are yet, but how is it bad to reward people for playing in a logical fashion? The new way in which things are set up rewards people for playing the right way, while at the same time, discouraging loopholes and exploits. This is a good thing!

You are kidding right ? Not busting your balls here but you have been playing long enough I think to see how MA logic works, I like to call it MA logic. Like when Frags were introduced to stop no-looter mobs and use them in upgrades so they would have value. When an item that takes 1K to equal a pec, I call that a no looter and you can't hardly sell them as everbody has them. Maybe a little exaggeration but you get my point. BTW has anyone looted a frag yet. I played about 3 hours and did not get one. That means no more upgrades after the current ones in storage are gone:laugh:. See what I mean about MA logic.

Just saying again I was not trying to be mean to you but you seem a little naive.

Oh and BTW how about the new weapons. Will this be like the new FAPs the 2350 and 2600 I think they are. How would you like to have paid 15K for an improved FAP and now see the price around 4K or pay 75K for a mod merc and find that there are 3 or 4 guns that are as good now and cost much less because they loot frequently ? Just saying.

while i agree it isn't a large change, except the bonus pool and armour/heal costs now counted towards. its removed some of the more complicated parts for newbies, they don't want to check 3rd party websites and calculate combo's or use maths, now its a nice simple game feature.
plus removes the confusion over durability, as that was a waste of text

Yes and yet it concerns me. They need to be able to figure out HOW that percentage is calculated. So they still have to do the work, if they really want to understand. But yes, it does make it EASIER where before you had to calculate everything to arrive at that eco figure, it is all done for you now. Frankly, this means those who have already been doing this the whole time will likely see a negative impact as others catch up. If they WANT to catch up. Or they can continue to be inefficient. I'm just fine with that too! :laugh:

nothing new here.

I still fail to see how my choice of weapon or skill should affect the loot per mob.

loot should be mob based.
cost to kill should be skill/weapon based.

So your return is indeed based on skill/weapon, but the loot per mob should be fixed.
a 900 hp mob should give on average 2,7 ped return.
The cost to kill it should be around 3 ped (with 3 dpp).

If I have that eco 3 dpp setup I would get that 90% return average.
If I have an un-eco setup my return would be lower as it will cost more to kill the same mob. But the mob loot should not change.

At least, thats how I see it :scratch2:

I remember seeing Striker, I think it was, using the Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator ( must 4-5 years ago or longer) about the worst eco gun(2.784 ) made and LT migration killing youngs to olds get 5 globals in a row then he got out of sight. Back then the worst the eco the better the loot was the theory and it was working for him.

Do you play EU?
Before VU...
If you evaded hit there is nothing to absorb for armor and you didn't got any message.
But once you got hit you got also message witch go from minimum 1.0 in case damage was low and armor absorbed all the rest, to normal damage witch couldn't be absorbed all due to armor stats characteristic and up to big damage in case of crits.

*How come that I didn't evade if before VU that was normal game behavior and happening on daily basis on same mob during daily mission?

Dan, I can (possibly) explain this:

It's possible now to get a hit of 0.9->0.0 through armour (with 0.0 being fully absorbed). In 0.0, this is rewritten as "Deflected".

As an Evade mob previously was classed as a mob hit (with zero damage), it's now just being translated as "Deflected" when really you are getting 0.0 damage from a hit of 0.0.

With the new armour decay, there is no minimum decay (linear decay to damage absorbed). As you are absorbing 0.0 from an Evaded hit, you are getting 0.0 decay.

So really, you are evading as many times, but now are getting a message when you evade.

I got it better than that. I have an UL weapon that I am not maxed 9.7/9.7 and it is the most eco weapon I have. Go figure.

The only thing I can figure is that you using to much drugs

It's possible now to get a hit of 0.9->0.0 through armour (with 0.0 being fully absorbed). In 0.0, this is rewritten as "Deflected".

As an Evade mob previously was classed as a mob hit (with zero damage), it's now just being translated as "Deflected" when really you are getting 0.0 damage from a hit of 0.0.

With the new armour decay, there is no minimum decay (linear decay to damage absorbed). As you are absorbing 0.0 from an Evaded hit, you are getting 0.0 decay.

So really, you are evading as many times, but now are getting a message when you evade.

how about, there is more then 1 figure behind the comma, which is not shown?
so you might actually be getting 0.0xxx, that you are evading, absorbing or decaying

"Armor now absorbs all incoming damage, instead of the previous 1.0 damage taken when a full hit was absorbed. Such cases are indicated by a Deflected message in the chat window."

So, you got hit and your armour absorbed it all.

I don't wear armor and got several of the same messages same color he was talking about and all. So that is not true.

I did have one of the helmets thro ones to increase the reload speed. However I hardly ever get hit in the head, I know that because I hardly get any decay on it. I got several like 5-6 hits and that just seems more than I would normally get in the helmet. But I have to say you all may be correct just seems unlikely but not sure enough to no way,

Last edited:

That is soothing explanation, thank you.

Or
I don't wear armor and got several of the same messages same color he was talking about and all. So that is not true.

Maybe they use wrong color?

Attention players!

16 or 17 years a go MA made bad deal with very bad company witch provide us weapons.
Their weapons can have very bad economy and nothing can improve them, not your skills, not enhancers and not much amps.
So if happen that you have to buy a weapon from this company be careful.

brez_naslova.gif

To max them you must be lvl 100.
To buy them you must hunt warlock 10 and hof on it.
Maybe better to find another weapon provider.

Last edited:

Not true?
I didnt make it up. I copied and pasted from MA's text!
So, unless MA is wrong, I should be right ;)

The text clearly says that " deflection" is a hit where ALL dmg is absorbed.

I did have one of the helmets thro ones to increase the reload speed. However I hardly ever get hit in the head, I know that because I hardly get any decay on it. I got several like 5-6 hits and that just seems more than I would normally get in the helmet. But I have to say you all may be correct just seems unlikely but not sure enough to no way,

So, yes, you where wearing armour.
And the lower as normal decay should be right according to MA's statement as well. It's "significantly" reduced.

So, I dont see anything out of the ordinary here :wise:

Is it a bug that you get high economy rating when putting a high lvl amp on a TT weapon?
Or does it really increase the loot now?

Is it a bug that you get high economy rating when putting a high lvl amp on a TT weapon?
Or does it really increase the loot now?

Oh that is hilarious. I'm starting to think this eco bar is some meaningless average of numbers. There is no way that slapping a Dante on low end gun is making its eco shoot up. :laugh:

Known Issues
  • The Lifesteal effect on the Modified Restoration Chip is not working. This will be corrected in an upcoming patch.

Hilarious. Not.

Why do you people keep fucking up lifesteal on mod resto chips when you do releases? FFS, work that shit out already :rolleyes:

but with the new changes whats more eco, small/no armor and healing with Refurb fap or full armor and no healing?

Last edited:
Not true?
So, unless MA is wrong, I should be right ;)

So, yes, you where wearing armour.
And the lower as normal decay should be right according to MA's statement as well. It's "significantly" reduced.

Sorry I for got about the helmet, my bad you are correct as usual:).

[*] Ammunition will be removed from hunting loot and replaced with Shrapnel. This change has been requested by many participants over the years and will assist participants in more accurately tracking their results.

Can you implement a way to repair melee weapons with shrapnel at the 101% rate? I don't want to complain much about this change because it is better overall, but it's not as great for melee users.

I believe you and can confirm that is true.

I also believe that nobody have any issue with next statement.

Thanks for a great VU! Massive participation for the win! :)

Can you implement a way to repair melee weapons with shrapnel at the 101% rate? I don't want to complain much about this change because it is better overall, but it's not as great for melee users.

can't happen because people would just repair some shitty melee weapon like TT swords or some high tt crafted swords with shrapnel at 101%, then TT it, and get 1% pure profit every time. They need to have an non tt-able attachment that decays first instead of the weapon and can be repaired with shrapnel, or make it where you convert your UL melee weapon to be repairable by shrapnel but no longer can be TT'ed

can't happen because people would just repair some shitty melee weapon like TT swords or some high tt crafted swords with shrapnel at 101%, then TT it, and get 1% pure profit every time. They need to have an non tt-able attachment that decays first instead of the weapon and can be repaired with shrapnel, or make it where you convert your UL melee weapon to be repairable by shrapnel but no longer can be TT'ed

Or add ammo burn to all melee weapons and have them consume universal first and when none is available they would start to decay. Pretty sure they have this code already ...and they already know how much ammo burn to add etc.

yes, this is an issue

now got heaps of shrapnel but cant repair me the sword that gave me that shrapnel :scratch:

can't happen because people would just repair some shitty melee weapon like TT swords or some high tt crafted swords with shrapnel at 101%, then TT it,

ok, make tt weapons not usable with shrapnel, but all the rest, why not?
if it would stimulate crafters to craft shitty weapons to dump shrapnel, it would only be good for the economy.
After all, crafters would need to buy materials to craft, and as long as those materials are non TT it will create demand, thus higher MU.

and get 1% pure profit every time.

only if the crafter gets materials at TT.

To max them you must be lvl 100.
To buy them you must hunt warlock 10 and hof on it.
Maybe better to find another weapon provider.

Old school weapon time my economy ratings on some old UL stuff.

enblade-A - 47.3%
opalo - 56.5%
Marber Bravo - 57%
A-3 Justifier Mk II - 61.6%
Axe 2x0 - 70.4%

I guess there must be a downside of the curve once you've gone over a certain level.

yes, this is an issue

only if the crafter gets materials at TT.

Yes. Great idea. Let's push the burden of this fix on to crafters to craft weapons that are mostly worthless with mark up that doesn't justify the worthlessness of the weapons. And, to make matters worse for crafters who are now slaves to churning out low tt garbage, most of the materials are ores that hunters have nothing to do with...

Seems like a good idea.

Back