How do LA taxes work?

Yeah, you lost me on this bit. Telling people who have questions about how their real money is being spent that they should stop caring and just have fun is hardly an argument. Like restaurants that don't write prices on their menus. Yeah no.

Good thing you only read two sentences then... But I understand why you are lost there, in fact most EU players nowadays don't even know what fun is cause all they think about is money, that's their "fun"... And so I decided not to write further on the topic :)

I will stop by answering how your money is being used on entropia:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?299771-My-loot-1-0-stats
This is one example of several... and in no way am I accusing anyone or anything here, just pointing out a fact, he succeeded where most failed.

And now will rest on the matter... Sad thing trying to help and only get flak, specially non productive criticism with nothing to give to the discussion...

Wow I just woke up to 4 pages of replies; I didn't realize it was such a divisive issue. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

The simplest explanation did seem the most obvious answer to me, but I was curious if it had been actually confirmed. It seems that some tests say yes and some say no. I'm with Longtime, the only test you should believe is your own. Nevertheless, reading about everyone else's experiences has been valuable to me.

I realize there are other benefits to LA's - as mentioned, the rewards programs are one of them. More importantly there are some mobs which have high MU loots (Tiarak, Badger, Wombana, etc) that are only found in taxed areas - this was my main motivation for questioning it. I guess the safe bet is to assume the taxed amount is lost and make sure the MU from these mobs is worth it.

I don't think is taken directly from the loot. I believe that rather LA owners are payed by MA for the consumption on the land. Easiest would be an input from a LA who had ATH (FOMA domes for example).

Do they get the taxes as ped or as stackables? If ped maybe mindark should make it stacks to more accurately show what's going on as percentage of a global with same stacks as that global could be interesting especially if a lot of it was in shrapnel, etc

Do they get the taxes as ped or as stackables? If ped maybe mindark should make it stacks to more accurately show what's going on as percentage of a global with same stacks as that global could be interesting especially if a lot of it was in shrapnel, etc

ped flow center I'm pretty sure

I know it's been asked before but from the info I can find opinions are all over the place, so I wanted to ask if there was any confirmed data under the new system that explains how land area taxes work?

Is this simply taken out of my loot? If the tax is 5%, does that mean I'm guaranteed only 95% of whatever my return would be, or is there some compensatory measure (e.g. loot is proportionally bigger)?

yes, MA answered that in the past already. It is just an extra % taken from your loot.
Some people refuse to believe it with multiple clear proof & theories, bit like flat-earth I guess :)

Atami, ex LA-owner :)

yes, MA answered that in the past already. It is just an extra % taken from your loot.
Some people refuse to believe it with multiple clear proof & theories, bit like flat-earth I guess :)

Thank you :D

Now to this, add what Longtime said, and you will understand what he meant, just as your return is variable throughout your whole gameplay, so it happens in an LA, and from that variance you deduct the tax...

Would you be so kind and link it here, please?

It works as mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Land areas simply take a cut based on the set tax amount from each loot from creatures spawned in the area or mining claims found in the area.

Would you be so kind and link it here, please?

It works as mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Land areas simply take a cut based on the set tax amount from each loot from creatures spawned in the area or mining claims found in the area.

No need San, here's an official response, once again

Quoted for notoriety. No more theories, tax is taken directly from your loot. Period.

I am An ex- landowner too. There is no hidden agenda.

I care about looting something. It does not matter if you are on taxed land or not if you know how to find the multipliers.

Thank you for putting the matter to rest, officially.

Thank you! Things can be so easy... at least sometimes.

Thank you! Things can be so easy... at least sometimes.

I am disappointed in MA chiming in here. I wanted people to keep pumping money into the game testing this over and over. :wtg:

Luckily, people will forget this thread in a few months and then someone else will bring it up and it can start all over again. :yay:

Oh gee what a surprise :D Nice to have it confirmed for those that thought the earth was flat.

Oh gee what a surprise :D Nice to have it confirmed for those that thought the earth was flat.

shame you still think people were calling it flat when they weren't.

Thank you for the answer!

it doesn't clarify much anyways. who really doubted that tax is taken from loot, thats how its supposed to work ever since?

but: there is no guaranteed or fixed return rate. there is no proof that loot on taxed areas can't be bigger than on untaxed. and for sure some people can do better on any area, untaxed or taxed, doesn't matter at all.

but please, clarify that loot 2.0 is the same percentage on every area for everyone over time, so we can stop this quite senseless discussion. :laugh:

Or we can use math.
Loot 2.0 98% loot return + 4% LA tax paid by MA = 102%.
just hunt on your land all day and MA will give you 102% :yay:

The taxes work in a very verifiable way, hunt in LA and check tax returns next day. From my experiment know that going from 10% to 4%, my tt return dropped by 6% (details in hunting log).

The thing MA did not talk about - is there a similar loot deduction outside of LAs going to the planet partners / other parties? Or in experiment form, return wise, would an avatar hunting same mob in taxed LA and untaxed LA, get tt return difference of tax % in average?

I have this question as my stats indicate the tt return seems to be same or even worse going from 4% tax to 0% tax at least osse -> eomons last years.

The taxes work in a very verifiable way, hunt in LA and check tax returns next day. From my experiment know that going from 10% to 4%, my tt return dropped by 6% (details in hunting log).

The thing MA did not talk about - is there a similar loot deduction outside of LAs going to the planet partners / other parties? Or in experiment form, return wise, would an avatar hunting same mob in taxed LA and untaxed LA, get tt return difference of tax % in average?

I have this question as my stats indicate the tt return seems to be same or even worse going from 4% tax to 0% tax at least osse -> eomons last years.

ive asked the question as well some time ago and the general conclusion was that its highly unlikely that MA is giving up on their share just because its on a Landarea. they most likely always get their share and the LA tax is on top of that. thats also what many logs show. untaxed to taxed longterm is a tt return difference as high as the tax %

ive asked the question as well some time ago and the general conclusion was that its highly unlikely that MA is giving up on their share just because its on a Landarea. they most likely always get their share and the LA tax is on top of that. thats also what many logs show. untaxed to taxed longterm is a tt return difference as high as the tax %

I wouldn't say it's "highly unlikely". They gave up a share when they sold CLD's. Originally most of the land areas were sold by MA. Land areas could be cases of lump sum cash now in lieu of long term income. Not saying it's like this but it is possible. I haven't tested enough myself to come to a firm conclusion.

I wouldn't say it's "highly unlikely". They gave up a share when they sold CLD's. Originally most of the land areas were sold by MA. Land areas could be cases of lump sum cash now in lieu of long term income. Not saying it's like this but it is possible. I haven't tested enough myself to come to a firm conclusion.

well they sold the clds so they just traded 2% or whatever of the companys caly income for 7 million bucks... id call that a good cash infusion.

recently before loot 2.0 i began to theorize it worked something like this

"untaxed" land was taxed at mindarks cut ,10% ,which got you a long term 90% return as long as you were maxed and efficient

taxed land was split, las tax would get its cut based on what the la owner set it to be and mindarks share would be a minimum of 5.0-7.0% as long as the tax was lower then 3% it would be the same as hunting untaxed in long run
but it if it went above 5% the hunter would suffer but thats just my theory before loot 2.0

Here someone from Mindark spells it out in the simplest way ever and still people doubt it? :cheer::cheer:

Back