MindArk's New Tech Thinks Businesses Are Primed for 'Ready Player One' - MMORPG.com (press release) (blog)

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]MMORPG.com (press release) (blog)[/SIZE]

MindArk's New Tech Thinks Businesses Are Primed for 'Ready Player One'
[SIZE=-1]MMORPG.com (press release) (blog)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]MindArk (Entropia Universe) is ready to bring at least part of OASIS to businesses with their new VR program that "introduces a new level of social interaction to mundane conference calls". The new platform uses lip-syncing, head/hand movement tracking ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=drKAjcQEWuTA3dM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

ugh. another year, another bad MA idea. sell eu to somebody who puts more than zero effort in it, please.

or stay with the ONE IDEA THAT EVER WORKED OUT FOR YOU!!!

the only person i could think about using this stupid bullshit is ND. he likes this useless shit.
who seriously goes into a virtual business meeting, when they could just use a normal video conference? you dont need to walk around anyone or see lip syncing on some virtual avatar when you could just see the real person just as easy.... who thinks this might be a good idea? i would seriously think about replacing that guy.

the only person i could think about using this stupid bullshit is ND. he likes this useless shit.
who seriously goes into a virtual business meeting, when they could just use a normal video conference? you dont need to walk around anyone or see lip syncing on some virtual avatar when you could just see the real person just as easy.... who thinks this might be a good idea? i would seriously think about replacing that guy.

People who take cocaine. Cocaine users think this is a good idea :rolleyes:

What does your company do? We run a 15 year old MMO, a Pokemon rip-off mobile app, and a VR telecon software.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hate to say it but Second life attempted to do something simillar and it failed miserably. Why would real buissnes persons meet in a virtual room when they just can make a video conference? I wanna see the real persons face and expessions to get a better idea what they think. I dont wanna see some fancy avatars , thats for spare time and hobby but not for work.

Why would real bussines persons meet in a virtual room when they just can make a video conference?

The answer to your question :
they will choose to meet in a virtual room because in the same room they will join the company of this cutie (photo below)
new_hogglos.jpg

...and thus all those boring, boring discussion will become very very interesting :laugh:

Isn't there something that does business conferences and doesn't require bloated software and thousands of dollars for VR rigs and perhiperals?

Oh right, it's called Skype.

You can't reinvent the wheel MA. Try actually doing something novel and take a leap of faith like you did when you created not only the first real RCE MMO, but one of the very few FPS MMO's and a Sci-Fi one at that. Seriously, this game blew my mind 15 years ago and I had seen nothing like it ever. PE was like a dream to me that came true.

Now it's a forkin nightmare I can't wake up from.

For real mindark stop backer this kind shit with entropia money.....

Fix you main product first , since day 1/10 its become worst and worst to play
(lag issues , shit loots , crap markups , and efforts to keep play increase massively)

I guess if you send mail ask about satisfaction level between 0-10 you be surprise.....

So where is the deeds?
I bet all the compet revenue will go towards investing in this.

Fortune500 companies and public institutions held meetings in Second Life like...15 years ago? It already had the tools to give decent presentations, I went to language courses in there... Okay, avatar animations weren't quite as sophisticated as described here, but this isn't brand new in any way. Other VR platforms have come up in the meantime, even open source. If they want a market share, they'll have to muscle their way in somehow. I lack expertise to judge the outlook of that, so just wish all the best.

[Fast forward to 2:00 Mark.]

Humans are social animals, the best deals are always sealed with a personal handshake in my opinion.

Still, best of luck.

There is a better version of this already in the works developed by linden labs (creators of second life) called Sansar

MA should stick to Entropia. We're the ones paying the bills after all.

I don't for the life of me know why any business would even consider doing something like this.

Theres plenty of ways to simply video conference with the real person and their real faces at cheaper prices with less equipment. The only way this makes any sense is if your trying to do a presentation, show diagrams, stuff like that, then sure, everyone in a virtual room and able to see all of it makes more sense, its a bit more difficult to do that in a video conference.

Mindark, seriously, just focus on EU... This is a terrible announcement to make when your main source of income has been lagging incredibly and costing your customers money for about 6 weeks.

What the fuck are you thinking?

I mean pokemon copy and now this? What the fuck?

This is fucking horrible. Whoever has been doing them business decisions and/or brainstorming, please just leave. Close the door, leave, please, leave.

Like all or most other posters here I think that is a really bad idea.

All your previous endeavors has failed pretty hard IMO and the cost has been hard on Entropia Universe as you delay or blatantly disregard bugfixing and progress to focus on your next moneymaker.

As for the idea itself I really dont see a need for it that has not already been covered by other applications.

Stay on focus with what you've got

MindArk have said themselves that they are a small group of devs, yet they keep diverting resources into poorly planned side-projects. Get back behind the steering wheel of Entropia Universe because there's nobody there right now and we are heading towards a wall.

All the fearmongering during the years might finally materialize and all the blame will be on you and your null effort in keeping the dream alive.

What do we get? 2 or 3 real content releases per year? THIS IS NOT HOW YOU KEEP A GAME ALIVE.

And by the way, the game is still unplayable...

i dont have an opinion on this subject. reading this thread i had an epiphany (a realization) . i think we the players are at times too hard on MindArk, myself included. we may think we're being constructive (some actually are) and giving 'feedback', some may think its 'tough love' but all our ranting could just be hurting the game. its possible new players read this thread or other threads on pcf and sees everyone bashing the devs, see all the disrespect and everyone taking turns dumping on the game. so they get turned off from depositing or investing.. is that really your goal with your rants; to discourage others from getting involved in the game? i think i can safely answer that. No? all im saying is think it over before raging here, because who are we really hurting?

People who take cocaine. Cocaine users think this is a good idea :rolleyes:

What does your company do? We run a 15 year old MMO, a Pokemon rip-off mobile app, and a VR telecon software.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The big question is: What if MA does find something new that is a hit? I really don't want the answer but there is just that feeling. Can MA handle all the withdraws if they keep this up?

i dont have an opinion on this subject. reading this thread i had an epiphany (a realization) . i think we the players are at times too hard on MindArk, myself included. we may think we're being constructive (some actually are) and giving 'feedback', some may think its 'tough love' but all our ranting could just be hurting the game. its possible new players read this thread or other threads on pcf and sees everyone bashing the devs, see all the disrespect and everyone taking turns dumping on the game. so they get turned off from depositing or investing.. is that really your goal with your rants; to discourage others from getting involved in the game? i think i can safely answer that. No? all im saying is think it over before raging here, because who are we really hurting?

This has to be one of the most retarded white knight posts I've ever read on a game forum. Don't defend a company that neglects is its game, the main source of income on side projects funded at the customers expense, the same customers have serious issues on the main platform.

They need to stop the ignorance, fix EU and develop it further, modernise it or you can forget growing the player base. Forum rants have nothing to do with falling or stagnant player numbers its MA's bad business decisions and lack of adequate response that does the damage. :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Example of modernise & update: This game uses CryEngine2, today CryEngine 5 is used. Update it and then improve visuals & performance.

Last edited:
The big question is: What if MA does find something new that is a hit? I really don't want the answer but there is just that feeling. Can MA handle all the withdraws if they keep this up?

To be honest, the best way of winding up Entropia is slowly turning down the return rate, while introducing ped sinks in the game to reduce the liability when the game finally goes. Which is exactly what it feels like at the moment.

Remember, you're only entitled to your last year's worth of deposits, if the game dies overnight. If you're able to withdraw all account value (or MA can pay it) then that's all you get. So it's in their best interests to reduce the liquid PED in game.

Your personal representation in the VR location is the Avatar. Your Avatar can be customized to resemble an appearance that makes you comfortable in your professional role.
from https://www.mindark.com/mindarks-offer/business-vr-solution/

There's one small problem with this.

People in a MMO mostly prefer to be anonymous and will gladly customize their avatars to D-size and whatnot.

People in serious business need to be recognized, and most won't have time or experience to tinker with sliders to achieve that.

With all the advances in facial recognition technology, does anyone have working camera-to-avatar tech yet?

edit: it appears some are working on it: Realistic 3D Avatars Get Personal

To be honest, the best way of winding up Entropia is slowly turning down the return rate, while introducing ped sinks in the game to reduce the liability when the game finally goes. Which is exactly what it feels like at the moment.
The answer to this is to never, ever put in more than you are prepared to lose. Anywhere.

This has to be one of the most retarded white knight posts...

Example of modernise & update: This game uses CryEngine2, today CryEngine 5 is used. Update it and then improve visuals & performance.
Another one who claims to know it all. What this entails has been discussed and very few are griping about visuals. Updating those was the reason we lost the good old game which was getting people excited more than it does now. They promised to restore it in the new platform but never did.

when a game recover $ 5M+ in 1 years, and that behind there is more than shit is scary.
even if MA leave the game in a version previous to 2016 one would continue to play but since the last Vu"s have this request well if they want not just try to leave saying sorry there are more enough players
we have already reduced our server costs by taking smaller to prepare us :rolleyes:

when a game recover $ 5M+ in 1 years, and that behind there is more than shit is scary.
even if MA leave the game in a version previous to 2016 one would continue to play but since the last Vu"s have this request well if they want not just try to leave saying sorry there are more enough players
we have already reduced our server costs by taking smaller to prepare us :rolleyes:

You should sit down and write some nice love novel than spending this talent on hating a game company :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mindark's problem isn't the employees who keep generating those "ingenious" ideas. Their biggest problem is the management that supports and encourages those delirious ideas...
Now channel all this creativity into developing your main product and your future is bright.

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back