Merry Mayhem 2017 Full Details

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Merry Mayhem 2017 starts today, Dec. 15, 14:00:00 UTC

Full details and rules on the Main Event Page.

New Features:
- Enter Solo instance from anywhere in Entropia Universe via Event List Interface
- Item-Exchangeable Mayhem Tokens (valid all year): lootable in instance + available from repeatable Daily Missions (in instance)
- Time-based instance, with global Scoreboard (via Event List Interface)
- Three Mob Ladder: kill the smallest mobs > spawn and kill the Elite to receive timed buff > use buff to damage boss
- Get a Christmas Strongbox after every completed round
- Extra Jul Snarg mission (outside of instance) rewards Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) with Laser Rifle Skill Gain

Originally Posted Here

Merry Mayhem 2017

It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem!

Running over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, Merry Mayhem is one of the most exciting and popular events in all of Entropia Universe. Entrants may participate in one of ten Solo Mayhem categories, as well as Free-for-All Mayhem. There’s also an extra hunting mission for newcomers alongside the main event!

All creatures in the Merry Mayhem Solo and FFA instances have the potential to loot Christmas Strongboxes, Mayhem Tokens and new Mayhem-exclusive items.

So grab your best gear and join in the Mayhem!

Event Dates
  • Dec. 15, 14:00:00 UTC - Merry Mayhem 2017 begins.
  • Jan. 15, 14:00:00 UTC - Merry Mayhem 2017 ends.
  • Jan. 22, 14:00:00 UTC - Cutoff for submission of FFA Mayhem Stars for the Free-for-All Mayhem category.
  • Feb. 5 - Event results announced. Prizes awarded in the following days.

Mayhem Divisions
The Merry Mayhem event offers two competition divisions: Solo Mayhem and Free-for-All (FFA) Mayhem.

– Solo Mayhem –
Solo Mayhem is the place for individual hunters to shine. The Solo Mayhem event features ten separate categories, each with its own prize pools.

Solo Mayhem Instances
  • Solo Mayhem instances are accessed from the Event List interface from anywhere in Entropia Universe.
  • Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the maximum (unbuffed) health of avatars (see detailed category info below).
  • Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items and prevents equipping items inside the instance using the same restriction (see detailed category info below). This restriction is based on the base damage-per-second of an item, and does not include any amps, buffs or enhancers. Base DPS for a weapon can be viewed in the Item Info panel, under the Basic Information tab.
  • The Solo Mayhem instances can be run as many times as desired during the event period. An average Solo Mayhem run should take 20-30 minutes. Occupied instances will remain active for up to 3 hours for normal hunting. Creatures will stop spawning once the instance boss is killed. Instances are reset upon exit or client closure.
  • Occasionally areas within the Solo Mayhem instances can be affected by earthquakes which slow movement speed by up to 80%.
  • Each kill of the Merry Hogglo boss is rewarded with a Christmas Strongbox.
  • There are three daily missions available, one for each of the Solo Mayhem creatures, which award Mayhem Tokens. These missions are automatically triggered up entering any of the Solo Mayhem instances.

Solo Mayhem Scoring
Performance in Solo Merry Mayhem is time-based. The objective is to kill a special immobile Merry Hogglo boss creature as quickly as possible. The Merry Hogglo boss is immune to damage unless a special buff is active. This buff is received after killing an elite Merry Hispidus, and allows the Merry Hogglo to be damaged for 60 seconds or up to 20% of its maximum health. A Merry Hispidus is spawned after killing 20 Merry Daikiba creatures, with a limit of 3 Merry Hispidus active at any one time.

Upon killing the Merry Hogglo boss, the instance stops spawning new creatures and the participant’s time is recorded for the current category if that time is shorter than any previous runs in that category.

Participants may only have an active placement in one category at a time. Recording a new placement (by killing the Merry Hogglo boss in the currently active instance) will remove any placements recorded in the current category, if the latest run is faster (would result in a higher placement). If a participant has an existing placement in a different category than the current instance, the existing placement will be replaced if the placement in the current instance category would be a higher rank than the existing placement.

Solo Mayhem Categories
Category 1
Max Health: 120
Max Base DPS: 34

​Category 2
Max Health: 130
Max Base DPS: 48

Category 3
Max Health: 160
Max Base DPS: 60

Category 4
Max Health: 175
Max Base DPS: 74

Category 5
Max Health: 190
Max Base DPS: 82

Category 6
Max Health: 220
Max Base DPS: 90

Category 7
Max Health: 260
Max Base DPS: 98

Category 8
Max Health: 300
Max Base DPS: 104

Category 9
Max Health: 340
Max Base DPS: 110

​Category 10
Max Health: Unlimited
Max Base DPS: Unlimited

– FFA Mayhem –
The Free-for-All category allows hunters (either solo or in teams) to compete for prizes in an unrestricted, no-holds-barred single-category format. FFA Mayhem Stars are tradable, allowing participants to either sell their tokens to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores.

There are no time requirements or skill/item restrictions in the FFA Mayhem division.
FFA Mayhem Instances
The Santa's Little Helper NPCs in Nymphtown, Fort Zeus and Fort Ithaca provide access to five different FFA Mayhem instances, with creatures of various levels.

FFA Mayhem Scoring
Event points are scored by turning in FFA Mayhem Star tokens to one of the Santa’s Little Helper NPCs located in Nymphtown, Fort Zeus and Fort Ithaca. Acquire FFA Mayhem tokens by defeating creatures in one of the FFA Mayhem instances, or by acquiring tokens from other participants.

– Prizes –
Prizes in Merry Mayhem are awarded in the form of Mayhem Tokens, which can also be looted from event creatures in this and all future Mayhem-style events. Mayhem Tokens can be exchanged for exclusive items via the Mayhem Token Trader, located in Cape Corinth, Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks.

Mayhem Tokens can be accumulated over the course of several events to purchase more expensive items, allowing participants to make incremental progress toward their desired rewards.

Mayhem Tokens are non-tradeable, but the items available for purchase in the Mayhem Token Vendor are tradable. Note that certain Mayhem Token Vendor items may also require special Placement Mayhem Tokens (PMTokens), awarded as event prizes, in order to be purchased.

Solo Mayhem Prizes
Category 1
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 3000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 1500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 2000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 1500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 1000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 200 Mayhem Tokens

Category 2
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 8000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 2000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 3000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 2000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 1600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 1200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 400 Mayhem Tokens

Category 3
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 5000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 2500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 4500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 3000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 2400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 1800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 1200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 600 Mayhem Tokens

Category 4
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 20000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 5000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 8000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 3200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 2400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 1600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 800 Mayhem Tokens

Category 5
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 30000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 15000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 7500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 7500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 5000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 3000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 2000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 1000 Mayhem Tokens

Category 6
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 40000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 20000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 12000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 9000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 4800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 3600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 2400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 1200 Mayhem Tokens

Category 7
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 50000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 25000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 12500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 14000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 10500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 7000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 5600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 4200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 2800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 1400 Mayhem Tokens

Category 8
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 60000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 30000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 15000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 16000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 12000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 8000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 6400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 4800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 3200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 1600 Mayhem Tokens

Category 9
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 70000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 35000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 17500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 18000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 13500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 9000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 7200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 5400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 3600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 1800 Mayhem Tokens

Category 10
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 80000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 40000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 20000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 20000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 15000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 8000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 2000 Mayhem Tokens

FFA Mayhem Prizes
  • 1st Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 100000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 50000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 25000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th Place - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 5000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th Place - 10000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th Place - 8000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th Place - 6000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th Place - 4000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th Place - 2000 Mayhem Tokens

Rules & Notes
The Solo Mayhem category is intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Bypassing or attempting to bypass any of the Solo Mayhem instance entry or item restrictions will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Do not abandon the FFA Merry Mayhem mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever and will not be included in your final event score. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.

Happy Holidays and Merry Mayhem!
The Planet Calypso Team

– Special Mission: Jul Snarg Hunt –

Merry Snargs are on the rampage, and it’s up to you to keep them under control!

The Jul Snarg Hunt takes place alongside Merry Mayhem, starting Dec 15, 14:00:00 UTC and ending Jan 15, 14:00:00 UTC.

Activate the “Jul Snarg Hunt” mission by talking to the NPC “Santa’s Little Helper” by the Port Atlantis teleporter or the East Gate.

Merry Snargs can be found at these approximate locations:
  • Cape Corinth: [62243, 88026]
  • Chug's Hideout: [68483, 75102]
  • Fort Zeus: [87016, 94588]
  • Port Atlantis: [60657, 75774], [60525, 75267] and [60969, 75441]

Completing the mission will award an Isis LLC 2 Merry Edition (L) Laser Rifle with Increased Laser Skill Gain.

***NOTE*** Activity in the “Jul Snarg Hunt” does not count towards the Snarg Iron Mission chain.

- Enter Solo instance from anywhere in Entropia Universe via Event List Interface
No opinion, just to make sure I understand this: Merry Mayhem is no longer an event specific to Planet Calypso, is this correct? What are the consequences for planet partners, have there been consultations?

No opinion, just to make sure I understand this: Merry Mayhem is no longer an event specific to Planet Calypso, is this correct? What are the consequences for planet partners, have there been consultations?

It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem!

I guess the consequences for planet partners should be positive, now people can stay on thier favourite planet and still participate in merry mayhem.

Hi San - my guess is that solo is available from all planets (but not space) and that FFA which has the access NPCs is only available on Caly.
I've asked on the forum if anyone has seen token trader NPCs on other planets, but no responses.
The next step will be to find out if tokens are pvp lootable or safe I guess...

Planet partners will probably be able to set up their events in a similar way if they want too, so I think it will benefit them more than caly if that's the case.

If tokens are lootable that would be a loophole to circumvent that they are not tradable so if everything is correct they are not lootable and if they are it will for sure be corrected.

Hi San - my guess is that solo is available from all planets (but not space) and that FFA which has the access NPCs is only available on Caly.
I've asked on the forum if anyone has seen token trader NPCs on other planets, but no responses.

FFA Stars are probably lootable since they are tradeable.

If tokens are lootable that would be a loophole to circumvent that they are not tradable so if everything is correct they are not lootable and if they are it will for sure be corrected.

Yes, I get the logic, but remember when welding wire was lootable in space to begin with?

I expect Mayhem stars to be lootable, but only available and useful on Caly anyway... (my assumption)

Since stars are tradeable they are probably lootable also, no one tested that last year?

Yes, I get the logic, but remember when welding wire was lootable in space to begin with?

I expect Mayhem stars to be lootable, but only available and useful on Caly anyway... (my assumption)

Hi!

Merry Mayhem is still a Calypso event and activity counts towards CLD revenue. Avatars from other planets count as being on Calypso while they are in the solo instance, exiting the instance returns the avatar back to where they entered from.

The FFA instances can only be entered by talking to a Santa's Little Helper on Calypso, just like previously.

None of the Mayhem Tokens are lootable in PvP :) However the FFA Stars are.

how great.

how about chat? any chance at that being fixed in the next two hours? or lag.... that's probably out of the question, but I thought I would ask :(

at least we are getting the important questions answered like.... 'how much less will CLD pay versus last year?' and 'how many people wont participate because the instance won't load?' and the list goes on.

thanks for taking the time to address a largely unimportant question.. and 100% dodging the issues that affect a much larger % of players...

you guys make wal*mart customer service look like the gold standard.. so sad

Soon to come to finish my miserable year of returns and start a new one :D
Vodka Stolichnaya 2018 Item discovered in Merry Mayhem: Solo 10 by Girts Smilgs Niedra

After trying it a bit, it's going to be very difficult if not impossible for anyone to place high if they have the lag problem.

I love the new instance! Great Job!

Any link for details about Christmas Strongbox ?

Is there any rings on them?

Whoever added in the speed debuff that hits the whole instance need to be forced to play the instance for 3 days straight.

Horrible concept, horrible implementation, horribly unfun.

Really sours the rest of the event for me, on top of the constant lag problem.

Also, for anyone thinking about jumping in with some regular old unenhanced L weapons, prepare for a bad time. The instance is designed for someone going full out and it will frustrate the hell out of you if you are not at a very high dps.

After trying it a bit, it's going to be very difficult if not impossible for anyone to place high if they have the lag problem.

Is there anyone who doesn't have lag?

I'm having terrible lag issues in the instance, every 3 seconds it stops shoting for 4-5 seconds on 40mb/s internet :mad:

Am I understanding it correctly, you need a tier 10 weapon to have a chance at placing in this event?

Whoever added in the speed debuff that hits the whole instance need to be forced to play the instance for 3 days straight..

Hogglo stop attacking you when you go away 160m from it.

Cat 7 mob info

Daikiba L26, hispidus L36 and hogglo L76

Am I understanding it correctly, you need a tier 10 weapon to have a chance at placing in this event?

well not realy ... probably... but it is designed for MAX dps with smaller/evryday dps instance is a pain to do... so good luck completing daily withouth that super tier10 weapon

Also if you are mele you will have problems on boss... its designed to be killed with ranged weapons

Oh and they forgot to place repair/trade terminals inthere

Beautifully designed concept in terms of implementing an actual skill based scenario. However, lag is a killer and damn there are points where i oscillate on a vertical axis and the mob does the same and i got stuck twice. Don't know whether its lag or what but yea the concept for the first time in eu actually feels like more then just a fucking grind.

+Rep for the design of the event.

However i have to add that i had no issues doing cat 10 mobs at all. Seems to me they needed to be a bit more powerful as hp wise i am in cat 7. I do get this is gonna be about strategy though so game on .

PS: Not to fond of the prize structure but can't win em all.

You need 2 legs in order to compete with usain bolt, it doesn't mean you have the remaining qualities to beat him.
You can win with a tier9 too but what's the other qualities you have over the ones with a tier10?
Judging by your silly question none.
Try some more kerberos if competition is not for you.

Oh my god! This is the buggies thing i've seen in a LOONG time...

mobs getting stuck for no apparent reason. you can't walk in a straight line cause then you bounce back.

You spawn 1km up in the air and have trouble getting down o_O

Oh my god! This is the buggies thing i've seen in a LOONG time...

mobs getting stuck for no apparent reason. you can't walk in a straight line cause then you bounce back.

You spawn 1km up in the air and have trouble getting down o_O

Are you playing from Sweden as your location info suggests?

FFA instances are unplayable as i write this, you cant move around properly you keep teleporting around if you try to do something even trying to reach the exit is near impossible.

Solo seems fine

Last edited:
Back