Obscene ping rate

KyrismaStarsong

Stalker
Society
Synergen
My ping is 27 ms, until I start EU, at which time it jumps to between 325 and 550. WTF? MA sure seems to be doing everything possible to make sure I don't play their game anymore, even on the more and more rare occasions when I actually want to.

That's not how the internet works, sounds more like your garbage connection cant handle running Entropia.
:)

That's not how the world works, sounds more like this garbage company cant deliver a working product. ;)

Last edited:
it's a connection/routing problem with their hosting company above.net (Zayo). I get lots of lost packets at their end. As I mentioned before they should trying going with another company like Azure and AWS lots of companies MUCH bigger than MA and Entropia use that infrastructure quite successfully.

But since it's not a problem affecting everyone and since people are still pumping money into the game despite horrible lag, why should they care enough to fix the problem?

KtrfaJY.gif

Last edited:
it's a connection/routing problem with their hosting company above.net (Zayo). I get lots of lost packets at their end. As I mentioned before they should trying going with another company like Azure and AWS lots of companies MUCH bigger than MA and Entropia use that infrastructure quite successfully.

But since it's not a problem affecting everyone and since people are still pumping money into the game despite horrible lag, why should they care enough to fix the problem?

KtrfaJY.gif

and don't forget MA makes a better percentage off players with more lag

and don't forget MA makes a better percentage off players with more lag

I'm trying to my best not going with that excuse but to be honest i'm loosing much more then i was loosing before. Been streaming last days and ppl come to my stream all say i have insane lag which is true but i never though it could lead to such a big loss (over 10% loss in 60k cycled) now i'm staring to think that it may "modify" loot. Im doing spiders at FFA 2 and an this moment i stop shooting every and each single spider due to lag. They have good regen, i might have killed 50-100 less spiders then what i should have and probably get the loots i needed to get to have 95/98% loot as MA claims on dev's notes.
That also leads to a unfair competition on Solo. What I think is the most problem is they should work for the masses and i dont see to many ppl complaing about lag, so I, you and the OP must be uniques here so we have (as long as we think we have to) to keep playing with lag. This year MM had all to be the best of all time but it isn't because lag
I did only one run on solo (dont know which place i am atm) only because i cant compete not saying I can/would/should win but no one knows what could happen, right? Main point is I can't compete. How can this company run an event which is a time based with such lag?
I'll add some more things off topic (i'm sorry but i have to) which are:
How can someone trust in something that sells you items as the best thing in game (rings/eco tools like guns armors crt items etc) and in the day after is is not? (i log my runs since Jan 2015)
How can you/me/we keep playing a game (invest) when tomorrow they change rules?
Probably 99% of the player base are not Messi's nor Smigles which complain every single day and express them selves as they usually do but we as MA financial supporters (i don't want to be called ass hole depositor) need to come out and say what we think and feel about this game. We are the core, we are what they need to look at in order to keep their business going and they don't cuz we don't speak, we don't take our time to write, we only want to shoot on our free time without lag and insane losses that's all atm.
Another note is we need top players that we need ppl that can profit we need ppl that can leave with game profits thats what we all want, so we need something to aim for. If no one can profit what are we doing here?
well i come to a point where i think i should start a new thread but im too lazy now, sorry!
Regards from a entropia universe looser/lover.

Last edited:
Considering High ping has NOTHING to do with the current in-game lag (That I also experience mind you) the high ping rate HAS to come from the clients own connection, just saying. :)

Considering High ping has NOTHING to do with the current in-game lag (That I also experience mind you) the high ping rate HAS to come from the clients own connection, just saying. :)

Not true. If you read my post, you would see that I mentioned my ping is normal using other applications, including running other high end video games. If it were my connection, then why would that be? I run EU, the ping goes way up, I close EU and my ping returns to normal. How does that information equate to a "garbage connection", of what specs you know nothing about? The effect is the same, I played EU about a grand total of 45 minutes on this long holiday weekend, then I switched to something that was actually fun instead of eternally frustrating.

Quit being such a fanboi.

KtrfaJY.gif

I'm not a tech head, but this makes much more sense than blaming my "garbage connection" or internal router, isp, etc. Thank you.

The answer is likely in the middle with a hop between you and mindark servers. This does not absolve mindark of any fine tuning but inevitably it seems they need to understand geographically those who are getting lag and troubleshoot from there with traceroutes as noted in other threads. For as long as you choose one that doesnt alter packets, you should be free to use any vpn service to change your packet route.

(I am not getting any lag)

Back