If u got lag try this

LizeLotte

Guardian
Society
Unwanted Cuckoos
Lize LizeLotte Sweden
Hi,

If u got lag try to change location / teleport to another place. Then log out and wait 1 minute. Then log in again.
To see if u are in server that has lag or not go to auction and browse the pages. If its delay then u might be on a lag server.

Maybe should not teleport to boreas or camp icarus. Try other locations

Its worth a try. Works for me :)

Thank you Lize for passing on positive information to others. I will surely give this a try since lag is my constant companion for a few months now.

will give it a try...

I heard that sticking an ethernet cable up your butt, spinning around three times while chanting "Mindark is Great, Mindark is God" then sending a photocopy of your credit card with a note saying "help yourself" to MA headquarters is another option. (at least is my impression from how many shits MA gives about all these lag problems) :laugh:

Seriously though, as they said they are hard at work on solving the problem. A fresh shipment of hamsters are coming in next Monday to power their new IMB 386 servers. So the lag level should be upgraded from "a snails pace in winter" to "a snails pace in spring"

I've heard that the lag is pretty much fixed?

:dunno:

I find out LAG is the most pain into MM. You fight with a spider. Spider does damage all the time, like no lag. but your gun does 3-8 shot, then it wait 4-10 second. While wait, you can not change any weapon to fap, or fap to gun. But you get pretty damage and spider heal up. In worst case you die, about you got a crit while you cant do anything if the lag hapen.

Dunno how many peds i lost that way, but it is killing any fun for hunt MM. At least, i would love to see, that the creature dont heal up and does damage to you, if you get lag. Or MA could give every MM hunter a special bonus for all the lag we lost peds.

I think the lag is causing to los about 10% of the ped you invest for a 1 hour hunt.

I find out LAG is the most pain into MM. You fight with a spider. Spider does damage all the time, like no lag. but your gun does 3-8 shot, then it wait 4-10 second. While wait, you can not change any weapon to fap, or fap to gun. But you get pretty damage and spider heal up. In worst case you die, about you got a crit while you cant do anything if the lag hapen.

Dunno how many peds i lost that way, but it is killing any fun for hunt MM. At least, i would love to see, that the creature dont heal up and does damage to you, if you get lag. Or MA could give every MM hunter a special bonus for all the lag we lost peds.

I think the lag is causing to los about 10% of the ped you invest for a 1 hour hunt.

Agreed even outside MM instance hunting regular mob all over calypso I was key bashing thinking that would fix the lag, no wonder so many people have quit or semi retired from EU , it’s literally unplayable with hunting profession

I heard that if you have lag and you are hardwired (ethernet cable to the back of your PC) that if you unplug it, blow on it and then reboot your PC it will fix lag.

Damn dust!

I heard that if you have lag and you are hardwired (ethernet cable to the back of your PC) that if you unplug it, blow on it and then reboot your PC it will fix lag.

Damn dust!

I also heard if you press ALT F4 you get the best experience from entropia :D :D

I also heard if you press ALT F4 you get the best experience from entropia :D :D

The other option is to delete your system32 folder, I heard that it fixes all lag on your PC....

Disclaimer: Please don't do this...

Entropia got a Guiness entry : most lagy game ever. happy new year all! :laugh:

2d917a29-3909-483a-98e8-aa139488a46d.jpeg

Without limits and without loading , what game is this ??????

The other option is to delete your system32 folder, I heard that it fixes all lag on your PC....

Disclaimer: Please don't do this...

Back in the Win98 days I found someone who'd deleted the windows folder because it taking up so much space on the hard drive.

Well since the patch that fixed rubberbanding and flying spawn in MMFFA instance, it is fixed.

At least for me, not that sure about others.

There is still some minor lags, but nothing that makes it hard or even worse impossible to play.

Well since the patch that fixed rubberbanding and flying spawn in MMFFA instance, it is fixed.

At least for me, not that sure about others.

There is still some minor lags, but nothing that makes it hard or even worse impossible to play.

As I never suffered from the lag issue in the first place, I was basically referring to the fact that the threads about lag were no longer being updated.

Which is a pretty good indicator of the issue being fixed. :yup:

Not for Mac though, so there is still some work to be done.

As I never suffered from the lag issue in the first place, I was basically referring to the fact that the threads about lag were no longer being updated.

For me it is far away to be fixed. I just gave up to hunt MM, and be back at mining. There is absolutly no fun, if you get lag after 3-8 shots for more as 4 seconds. But creatures does damage and heal up. I call this ped losing!

Sadly I think it's still very much present for a lot of people, it's just that it feels like our bitching is falling of deaf ears. I know personally the lag was so bad that after my second or 3rd solo MM I said fuck it. Even when trying to hunt in FFA I would have to hunt at a lower level because when it came time to the boss the lag was so bad that I would not be able to pull out and healing tools.

The lag is killing Entropia for me and my desire to play, and while I don't want to speak for other people. I think some others would agree...

Sadly I think it's still very much present for a lot of people, it's just that it feels like our bitching is falling of deaf ears. I know personally the lag was so bad that after my second or 3rd solo MM I said fuck it. Even when trying to hunt in FFA I would have to hunt at a lower level because when it came time to the boss the lag was so bad that I would not be able to pull out and healing tools.

The lag is killing Entropia for me and my desire to play, and while I don't want to speak for other people. I think some others would agree...

I agree 100% with this.

I came back to EU after a few month break and in practically no time I'm at a point where I'm ready to walk away again because the lag is so frustrating. I'll take a break and play any other game I own and it runs fine and then I come back to EU and within 2 minutes I'm like "ugh this is fucking bullshit" with the lag happening non-stop.

Mobs can attack you non-stop but every 30 seconds or so the gun just stops shooting for 4-5 seconds. Same thing when trying to switch to fap. I'll switch and the timer will go like the item was used but no points healed then it stalls waiting to use again for 4-5 seconds. Meanwhile getting this piss beat out of me by mob. Then if I'm lucky it'll start healing. More often then not though I just die because I can't heal - just standing their like an idiot. Then there's lag with auction, lag with HoF, lag...lag...lag!

The lag problem is caused by a routing issue with the company they use for hosting above.net which is owned by Zayo. I've tried tracing the packets while in game and when lag happens I notice lots of dropped packets on their end when routing through their network.

Some say they don't have lag and other do - it's not 100% based on your location but a lot of factors that can influence the routing such as location, isp and sever load balancers that decide how to route your packets through the network.

Anyways, they appointed a new CEO just now... let's see what this captain can do about this sinking ship. But at longs as people as still forking money over to them why the hell should they do ANYTHING?? I'd say arrange a boycott day where everyone logs in but no one spends 1 pec to put a blip on their radar that we want shit done but it's impossible to organize the community in this fashion.

Additionally, the only way they can "fix the lag" is if they just move their servers to a different provider - someone with their shit together like Amazon AWS.

Anyone else have it where you die, but the game catches itself up and you heal while dead?

Happened to me a couple of times. Lying there with a green Hp bar...

I know nothing about the way this game did or does run, ( To all the Pedants reading ) but it strikes me it is on a turn basis now.. I don't know if it was before 2.0. It seems more pronounced now. Waiting for the damage from the mob, before you can heal.

Also it is costing me PED. In the ways mentioned here in the thread...

In the MOB regening while I am standing there doing nothing. Usually on the last hit, so it gains enough HP back to avoid death.. Costing me ANOTHER shot... Right after the now OBLIGATORY <<DODGE>> before death bullshit.
PLUS..

In shared loot, not only am I getting out DPS'd ( read that post if it hasn't been taken down ), I am having to watch the MOB HP drain away while I can only stand there doing fuck all.

I only logged in to make a light hearted remark about dying with a full health bar... That's lag for you.

FIX YOUR SHIT MA. This really isn't good enough.

To all those who still have lag:

record it, and file a ticket to entropia support attaching the video, so the developers can see that lag is serious.
include all the needed information about your mashine: Processor, Speed, RAM, GFX Card, GFX memory, internet conection speed

That should help the developers to find out where the lag comes from!
Without detailed information its hard to fix that issue!

Regards

To all those who still have lag:

record it, and file a ticket to entropia support attaching the video, so the developers can see that lag is serious.
include all the needed information about your mashine: Processor, Speed, RAM, GFX Card, GFX memory, internet conection speed

That should help the developers to find out where the lag comes from!
Without detailed information its hard to fix that issue!

Regards

I'll be honest m8, I strongly believe at this point MA knows what's causing the lag and it comes down to two things...

1) They don't know how to correct the probelm
2) They don't have(or want to put) the funds/resources to correcting the problem.

I hope I'm wrong.... I'm starting to forget the days when I could heal myself instantly and not have to preemptively pull out my healing tools to counter lag. However, it's been quite some time now from that last time that we have heard anything from MA officials in regards to the lag. I can't tell you how many streams I've watched of new players starting the game out and then decide to stop playing simply because of the lag...that's not even touching on the effects of our current active players...It's not encouraging at all...

i think it all started w/ the server 'upgrade' .. aka bitcoin mining..
then came loot 2.0.. and that shit algorithm...
then came 'we working hard, but have no fucking clue..'

seems about right

Last edited:
It might be helpful if MA told us the update rate we're expected to be getting - a lot of the online shooters try to get 60hz but I've heard that one can drop to as low a 3Hz when lagging badly.

The problem can we run something similar on client machines without the EU client telling MA we packet sniffing. Or can MA give us an onscreen monitor for the update rate?

Back