Just dumped all but 200 of my ped on an auction on accident

What a pain! Glad you got your trade sorted out though. I had a good cry on my 10k overbid a few years ago. Avatar was in a totally different time zone and rarely online. He gladly refunded me and didn't ask for money (I insisted on a fat tip though).

It would be so darn helpful to have an overbid warning, just like the *under market value* warning you get when listing...

There really should be a window that pops up when bidding on something so far over MU. They did something similar with listing items I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented on the other end.

I Tted an a105 amp and Midark made me pay 1k ped to get it back.. by your logic I shouldn’t do business with MA. Consider yourself lucky it was only 600 ped

Why didn't you just buy a new a105? :confused:

Damn NOT AGAIN!!!!!

This seems to happen when I have a pedcard with a big balance. I am such a friggin moron!!!! Damn!!!:mad:

Today I bid on a bloody outdoor table for 20000 peds, and I friggin did not mean to. Happens when you multitask. I was chatting to LeeLoo and someone else, and busy doing other things at the same time, and boom, realized mistake too late. And worst of all. I cant find this " pierre aegus" nowhere on player register.

Support case submitted to MA also. LeeLoo was kind enough to send a message on my behalf via a different route.

O gawd, I hope this guy is honest. :ahh:

But if he is honest, hes in for a very nice tip :)

Perhaps I should do some more in-depth explaining. ( I know how harsh the community can be)

I am 47 Y old now and going strong onto 48. My eyes are shot and too damn proud to go see a optician. I probably should.

Now I do have some money ofc, and play EU for years. I recently purchased a very expensive top-of-the-line alienware 17 Laptop. best selected gear when bought and put together. ( bloody thing is huge!)

Now playing Entropia with this PC of mine at highest settings, renders the chatbox, auction, etc very small, even to a point of unreadable lol

So combining these factors with my initial explanation, might just give you a idea, how something so stupid, can and might happen.v Pfffft! :scratch2: Bloody friggin-will did happen.:yup:

Last edited:
Perhaps I should do some more in-depth explaining. ( I know how harsh the community can be)

I am 47 Y old now and going strong onto 48. My eyes are shot and too damn proud to go see a optician. I probably should.

Now I do have some money ofc, and play EU for years. I recently purchased a very expensive top-of-the-line alienware 17 Laptop. best selected gear when bought and put together. ( bloody thing is huge!)

Now playing Entropia with this PC of mine at highest settings, renders the chatbox, auction, etc very small, even to a point of unreadable lol

So combining these factors with my initial explanation, might just give you a idea, how something so stupid, can and might happen.

Theres a setting to make chatletters bigger if tou didnt know.
I had problem to see the text when i jumped from 1080 to 2560 resolution so that setting saved me :)
Just a hint if you didnt allready know.

Theres a setting to make chatletters bigger if tou didnt know.
I had problem to see the text when i jumped from 1080 to 2560 resolution so that setting saved me :)
Just a hint if you didnt allready know.

Thanks. Im good now. Took this mistake to figure it out nicelly. Ive changed my settings now. :wise:

Thanks. Im good now. Took this mistake to figure it out nicelly. Ive changed my settings now. :wise:

Also take out your PED of PECARD and keep only what you need ;) I play that way for ages

Also take out your PED of PECARD and keep only what you need ;) I play that way for ages

That's good way, met many ppl who do that.

But won't protect you with other issue of this game like selling you stackables way below market - ppl confuse unit price with total price, happens a lot with deeds. I myself used to sell some stackable in 40ped chunks. I was once in hurry and decided to sell twice as fast, I increased units but forgot to adjust price :D My listing got hit by order instantly :(

Few days ago, I also did what other person above mentioned: I was in hurry for a meeting in real life, but decided to repair my item before leaving. Should take only few seconds, I even had repair window already opened. Turned out it was trade terminal sell tab :laugh: That's how repairing in hurry ends. Either way MA asked me for 1k fee to restore my item. I asked them not to charge me that fee arguing it's first time happening to me after 10years playing but they refused. I paid as my items is worth more than 1k ped but I feel cheated. Pretty sure they have automated tool to do restores like that, it doesn't take much work for them yet they charge 1k ped when withdrawal is only 100ped. So right now I'm planning my revenge of some kind. I won't stop playing for 1 year like person above but i'm thinking about starting trading (instead of hunting) or sweating to get back my 1k. At the end MA will lose as I decayed around 1k per month and getting back that 1kped by sweating will take longer than a month ;) They ripped me off by 1k but now I will decay few k less :cool:

Few days ago, I also did what other person above mentioned: I was in hurry for a meeting in real life, but decided to repair my item before leaving. Should take only few seconds, I even had repair window already opened. Turned out it was trade terminal sell tab :laugh: That's how repairing in hurry ends. Either way MA asked me for 1k fee to restore my item. I asked them not to charge me that fee arguing it's first time happening to me after 10years playing but they refused. I paid as my items is worth more than 1k ped but I feel cheated. Pretty sure they have automated tool to do restores like that

I would not be surprised if they dont have automated tool for that tbh.

A fair price would be 200 ped.. But if that would increase the amount of requests by 5x times, it would still give them the same amount of peds IN, but also multiply the amount of worktime/salary needed to restore them by 5.

What would happen if you TT your full set of Tiger instead of repairing it.. Would that be 7000 ped?
If yes, that would not be worth it since its the value of the armor.. Or will they take 1k ped since its one transaction?

I should also add. Im very sorry to hear about your mistake RogerWilco.. I really hope its an honest person on the other end. :(

I would not be surprised if they dont have automated tool for that tbh.

A fair price would be 200 ped.. But if that would increase the amount of requests by 5x times, it would still give them the same amount of peds IN, but also multiply the amount of worktime/salary needed to restore them by 5.

What would happen if you TT your full set of Tiger instead of repairing it.. Would that be 7000 ped?
If yes, that would not be worth it since its the value of the armor.. Or will they take 1k ped since its one transaction?

They got back to me with less than 24h and knew exactly when it happened and what TT of my item was. They clearly can search for it fast. And it's not that rare request as they have it described in FAQ - they should have it automated. Either way charging so much can backfire at them as my case and person few posts above shows. They charged us 1k and then we altered our gameplay in a way they lost more than that. He stopped playing for one year, I will swunt instead of hunting - at the end I will pay for my mistake with slower skill progress, definitively not 1k ped fee :laugh:

I should also add. Im very sorry to hear about your mistake RogerWilco.. I really hope its an honest person on the other end. :(

Thanks Fredda, I sure hope so too. I posted the mistake and issue here cos I know, the community aint gonna settle for this guy, to be disshonest. It will reflect badly upon him.

You can´t retract your bids in RL auctions, so why should you be able to do that in a game.

Sidenote:
If you bid in an RL auction and not able to pay what you have bid, its a crime!
You can go to prison for doing that in worst case!

True. But this is the other way around. Bidder paid way too much for item posted and by accident. Propper auctions IRL, make sure such mistakes dont happen. Only chance you gonna pay 20K for a riggety outdoor table, is if its a priceless antique. This is still a game and not quite exactly the same as RL.

Just accidentally bid on something that I thought had 1 less zero in the markup%. Messaged the person telling them I will give the item back and they can keep 600 ped of the 1600 ped I bid on it. Not looking too good though I think they're going to run with it. I seriously want to die.

You bid 160$ and wish to die? I only know few countries in the world where 160$ is that much money :laugh:

I cant find this " pierre aegus" nowhere on player register.

Ingame mail can be sent to anyone even if they're incognito / not on player register / whatever, provided you know full name. Also, when you have added them as a recipient, you can copy the player link out of there.

On a nitpicking note, the guy is pierre reg aegis. ;)

LOL just saw this Post.

I put event winner gun EWE LC-240 Recon E.L.M Edition with uber tier rates(aka tier10) for 1600 ped, 4 days before mayhem end, and this guy buy it, he didnt mistake, after he saw many people exploit that mayhem he decide to back me that gun after even end.

That gun was best dps gun to win cat 4 = 20 000 mayhem tokens.

I lost chanse to sell that gun after event end, so i agreed to back him his ped and i keep 600 ped compensation for lose chanse to sell gun after mayhem end...
I really dotn see a problem, i didnt overprice gun.
ROFL 1600 ped for t10 elm 240 is cheap. what can easly bring 20 000.
I am to high lvl to compete cat4 :)

Upon reading through this thread, I thought everything had been solved amicably. Person 1 makes a mistake bid. Person 1 proposes a solution to Person 2. Person 2 accepts solution. Perhaps not the friendliest interaction, but everyone got what was wanted. A good moment for EU participants.

Now, the seller has disputed that the buyer even made a mistake originally. One of the two participants in this affair is now a liar. That negates all the good feels of the transaction being completed amicably.

So, who is it then?

Upon reading through this thread, I thought everything had been solved amicably. Person 1 makes a mistake bid. Person 1 proposes a solution to Person 2. Person 2 accepts solution. Perhaps not the friendliest interaction, but everyone got what was wanted. A good moment for EU participants.

Now, the seller has disputed that the buyer even made a mistake originally. One of the two participants in this affair is now a liar. That negates all the good feels of the transaction being completed amicably.

So, who is it then?

When you read both sides I would say OP is the liar here. Seller has a very good explanation thats probably much closer to the truth...

OP suggested 600 peds to the guy and then hes upset at him for keeping those 600 peds. That to me says it all...

True:bandit:

All I want to see is the notification of when the auction ended. That would answer a lot for me... For... popcorn reasons.

So, who is it then?

Might you be confused? This is not a continuation of the original thread. But I had made the same dang mistake again with a different seller, different item and even a larger sum of money. P.E.D. 20006.00, on a silly outdoor table not full TT and no buyout bid.

You have to ask, when persons sell stuff like that on auc without a buyout, is it some type of discovered flaw to exploit, for a quick score. It seems I havent just made this mistake twice now, but others have also, and lost big.

I dont know the seller: "pierre reg aegis", and he isnt sombody easy to get hold of either. Which makes the situation even more suspect outright, if you think about it too much lol

Its quite possible that opertunists drop a bunch of crappy items on auc just in the hopes of hitting the one jackpot mistake of a potential wrong clicker. This time its a 20K jackpot for a noob. May probably even withdraw it with Mindarks aproval, even after knowing what happened through a support case. That would make them complicit. Aaaand they covered themselves with all the legal cobwebs. This game does encourage, greed, piracy and theft by stealth. Go figure lol

Real security for the Devs and tech. dept. would be to fix it, so that auction has more security for our peds, instead on focusing on gold cards, aps and the likes. Or the best idea would be two types of auctions. One for all items with buyout bid option and another without buyout. Mixing it up like a bucket of spew is just asking for troubles. Especially when it comes to money. This has to be fixable to avoid future mistakes.

This is not about saying the seller is a Thief at all. This is about hoping that he is NOT eventually a thief, by doing the right thing. I came forward and imediatelly responded to support and publically via this forum and there was a witness to when I made the bid ingame. I made the mistake. i want to get hold of pierre reg aegis, but I cant. LeeLoo did send him a friendly message, on a platform, I cannot get access to, on my behalf.

I want to tell pierre that I am sorry. I made a mistake on the bid and want to fix it. I want to offer him a thousand peds for doing the right thing. And I will take the table to remind me of this day.

Its not about who is guilty or pointing fingers here.( I already fessed up that I made the mistake) It is all about fixing a mistake that is quite fixable. I refuse to believe All Entropians aspire to be scallywags. You dont need to phillosiphy the issue, its pretty straight forward.

Last edited:
Probably a misread since using an existing thread yes. I do hope you solve it to the better but i just wanna comment on the asumtion that no bo would be trying to use flaws. I dont agree to that. Those putting a bo with an extra zero or two are another matter (not refering to the original thread issue but i see a lot of those in the auc).

Like you said, someone not playing much recieving 20k in a legit way you can only hope they feel as sorting it out is the decent thing to do, but theres no guarantee thats the case.

Nevertheless, i hope you can sort it out in a good way.

Probably a misread since using an existing thread yes. I do hope you solve it to the better but i just wanna comment on the asumtion that no bo would be trying to use flaws. I dont agree to that. Those putting a bo with an extra zero or two are another matter (not refering to the original thread issue but i see a lot of those in the auc).

Like you said, someone not playing much recieving 20k in a legit way you can only hope they feel as sorting it out is the decent thing to do, but theres no guarantee thats the case.

Nevertheless, i hope you can sort it out in a good way.

Thanks, I do hope this gets resolved. After all 20K isnt pocket change. In fact this happened to me three times. Same thing and 1K. Even having sent message to seller without any response back. I let that one slide though. Thought pfffft 1k, karma and all that.

Last edited:
Space, I am certainly not talking about your issue. Totally separate. The OP here and his seller are having an issue of one being dishonest (not sure which).

Back