Skills? What are they really good for?

Uhm... you probably shouldn't advertise that you have two characters since it's not allowed. :confused:
Really? This is all you all can say that skills are somehow relevant? Should I not say I have a second character.... I started PE in 2005-2006ish.. I used an email account from one of the online e-mail places that went under post internet bubble pop... Could not retrieve password cause e-mail did not exist. I moved in RL and while doing so I found my list of passwords and it had one for my old PE account... It worked...

Anyway MA tracks all your IP addresses and e-mail accounts and all accounts associated with said IP addresses and e-mail accounts. It is in MA's benefit to claim all alts as individual accounts per the latest deeptoken scam of 3million accounts..

Not like MA employees don't have alts... LMAO... Oh and by the way I am a little nobody in the USA that really has nothing to lose.. Are the Eu police going to come to my home in the USA and take me to MindArk and torture me into saying I am a bad person for having an alt? When any trader in Eu has multiple alts on all the planets at all times? haha... So many traders have an alt placed at auction terminals with bot scripts and MA knows it, they have it on their IP logs...
Ya all not that naïve right?

Last edited:
I stopped playing wow 2016. But it is a great game. I know I will not be missed because I was never noticed.. However your lack of in-depth discussion tells me you have nothing important to add.

I still play on and off and am getting ready for BFA and WoW always has a place for me. With that said lets talk about skills and applications of them here since that is why I play this game. I love skills and the growing importance they are putting on them lately.

When I decided to do the Argo Irons I decided to do them outside Twin Peaks by running around herding them up and then killing them with a sword. I had huge packs of Argos on me at all times and did the 16,600 kills this way fast and it was a fun way for me to do it.

When I started this Argo herding adventure my Armor cost was a little more than I wanted but I knew long term it was worth the method. When I finished all the Stages my Armor cost was HALF of when I started. You see I was getting hit all the time and now my defense skills mean the same action of hunting is now cheaper.

Cheaper hunting cost to get the same loot = more profit.

Now HP is king to go a long with those defenses for many activities because it increases your EHP. Effective Health Pool a term not used here often but is in many other MMO's. It really should be used more though because it matters. You need decent enough HP to take crits ( dead you can't heal and well it cost ped to get back to the mob )

Furthermore you need decent HP to get the benefit of cheap healing tools like Adjusted Resto Chip 165-220 healing tick over 30 secs. So if you only have 150 HP you can't effectively get the benefit of this heal which is super cheap and the best investment a hunter can make. Furthermore if your evader is poor you get hit too often and will have to use more expensive emergency heals from a FAP instead of letting this super eco chip do the work and passively healing you.

End of the day someone with eco tools and the HP/skills to effectively use them will spend way less PED to increase their % return. Not to mention with higher skills this opens a world of higher efficiency weapons. For a long time I was confined around 62% efficiency but now with being at 68% I have found my share of ESI's that I never got before. (MU is a players best friend) From mobs that have become easier to kill and just cost less. See where this is going?

Spending less, hunting more efficiently with better skills/items yields better results. Of course now there is even a looter skill. A great addition to a game where skills have a high importance.

So are skills important? I will take them all and as many as I can get.

Last edited:
Skill are good for people like messi to feel superior above others with less skills.
A bit of a fallus symbol.

And instead of sharing his infinity wisdom he rather pisses on everybody below lvl 100 with dumb remarks. Claiming he as all the wisdom, but always fails to share it.

Wizz, I'm sad to read this, because this sounds like a personal vendetta being taken to the forum.
I'm not a lvl 100, nowhere close, and I have never had Messi pissing on me. In fact, Messi has been very helpful towards me in the past, and has always treated me very nicely. Even now, when I'm in a society that is a competitor to his society in landgrabs and events, Messi has always treated me very fair, and has helped me when I asked him for information.

I can understand that you might not have the best relationship with certain players, but you should not bring that in the open, and say that someone is a certain way in general, because he might behave towards you that way.

If you don't like someone, please discuss that in private with said person, or if that doesn't work out, just ignore him. But try not to ruin people's reputation on the forum. It's not nice to them, but also doesn't help your own reputation, and that's sad, because you also are a respectable person imo.

I started PE in 2005-2006ish..
-snip-
Are the Eu police going to come to my home in the USA and take me to Denmark and torture me into saying I am a bad person for having an alt?

Dude, really? Denmark?

... snip ...
Cheaper hunting cost to get the same loot = more profit.
... snip ...
So are skills important? I will take them all and as many as I can get.

That!
:wtg:

Prove it? Seems even level 100's can't get better than 90 to 98%..... Plenty of proof on these forums. No matter your level the best you get is 90-98%. Most eco seems around 92-95%. But how much did those skills and armor cost you to acquire either naturally or implants? How many years will it take to make that up? Oh wait? even the 10 year + vets with 100-2000 skills still cannot get better than 98% TT..... New players with zero skills are making 95%ish eco, old players with 200 skills are making 95% ish TT.....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?304129-your-average-returns

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?302299-YUP-I-Proves-it-Skills-Matter!!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...w-are-you-doing-since-loot-2-0-was-introduced

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...otes-13-Loot-2-0-Statistics&highlight=returns

Developer Notes #13 - Loot 2.0 Statistics

The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%

These return rates are very close to MindArk’s targets for Loot 2.0, and indicate that the changes implemented are working as intended. Of course, we will continue to monitor, tweak and improve moving forward.

Happy hunting!
Wait What?, that covers ALL skill levels and armor levels? Can't be possible... Otherwise this would just be a game of gambling addicts thinking the next biggest slot machine, err cough, mobs will make them rich! :yay:

Come on man.... As long as you cycle more PED, no matter your skill level or armor, you get a better return.... Even MA says it.... And you still can't be profitable TT...

Last edited:
Prove it? Seems even level 100's can't get better than 90 to 98%..... Plenty of proof on these forums. No matter your level the best you get is 90-98%. Most eco seems around 92-95%. But how much did those skills and armor cost you to acquire either naturally or implants? How many years will it take to make that up? Oh wait? even the 10 year + vets with 100-2000 skills still cannot get better than 98% TT..... New players with zero skills are making 95%ish eco, old players with 200 skills are making 95% ish TT.....

I mean he did Quote my thread which did give you specific examples of how skills work and their importance. Yet you decided to ignore it :confused:

That was the proof and if you are only looking at numbers on a piece of paper as some flat value I suggest that you do some more reading, skilling and look again at my examples.

If you don't think skills are important after that then best of luck to you and I will keep skilling then :D

saving my words

don't want make them miserable based on fact i figured out in this game

so
:popcorn:

imo

It matters until a certain level, with the exception of some categories. Some I can think of:

• Defensive skills (evade, dodge, etc.) are valuable. The higher they are, the lower your defense cost will be
  • Looter skills (evade, dodge, etc.) are valuable, since your potential hunting return is directly affected
  • Weapon-related skills (rifle, pistol, etc.) allows you to use higher weapon, but we know that higher weapons will have higher cost, so it depends heavily on your budget. If you have lv 70 Laser Pistol, but you can only hunt punies with your budget, then shaving off half the skill lv isn't going to hurt you
  • Prospector and Surveying are similar to weapon-related skills because it only allows you to use higher mining tools.

Back