Suggestion: Dormant LA's with DNA's in them, how to get the spawns back

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
As we know, there are several LA's all around Calypso, Foma etc with LA's filled with unique creatures

Some LA owners has for a long time decided to not feed the LA's and that results in some mobs simply vanishing from the game, mostly. Take Daspletor as a great example. Have fun with that mission with the current spawn!

A solution to this problem could be a revamp of the fertilizer stations...

an idea that came to me when was:

What if dormant LA's with DNA's in them, once they hit a threshold of no creeps spawning, they become wild inside the LA instead?

For example.. If the threshold is set to 30 days by MA, if the LA owner has not gone to the fertilizing station to fertilize the creatures within this time they simply become "Wild", no tax is then applied and the creatures spawn any way. Maturity and density is something that needs to be figured out on this setting by MA.

What about the Mining LA's?

Another feature in the fertilizing station. If a mining LA has DNA's that are set to minimum settings to promote mining on the LA, there can also be a button on the fertilizing station that allows the owner to clear out or avoid the wild spawns, at a 30 day interval.

That way miners LA's can stay empty, and those who has stopped feeding the LA's because they are away or simply ignoring the game at this stage will get mobs on the LA again: but they make no profit from it as they get "tax-free" when wild.

Thoughts?

I miss Daspletors.

What if fertilizer stations can be set to "public"?
So that hunters can put in their own fertilizer in the LA to increase the spawn?

If you want to hunt Daspletor, just throw in some fertilizer and go!

LA owner can set the station to private or public so he can stay in control of his own LA, but after x months of inactivity of the LA owner the station automatically becomes public (until the owner sets it back to private again).

What if fertilizer stations can be set to "public"?
So that hunters can put in their own fertilizer in the LA to increase the spawn?

If you want to hunt Daspletor, just throw in some fertilizer and go!

LA owner can set the station to private or public so he can stay in control of his own LA, but after x months of inactivity of the LA owner the station automatically becomes public (until the owner sets it back to private again).

Very cool thought,

But that would not keep LA owners from deliberately fucking up the spawns. (Cough, cough, D to the eathifier) He would just head back and set it to private.

He is in some sort of dispute regarding the current landscape of his treasure island and therefore decided to not fertilize his land ..

BUT I am not here to point fingers (*Deathifier*)...

From what I heard FOMA was hospitalized some time ago so that's a proper enough reason why not to handle your LA's.. but doing it out of dispute over the landscape.. I think is extremely childish.. affecting the whole playerbase with some unique spawns that are just no longer there..

... I just want a solution that keeps the LA managers fertilizing the LA's, and if they don't.. there is a pentalty in form of no tax from the mobs, but they spawn any way.. I really think that would get LA managers to fertilize it and if they don't, fine, no income from the creatures.

Creatures do grow in the wild without fertilizer, why not on LA's too with the DNA being there? I don't want to compare it to "the real world" where there are food chains and ecosystem etc, but MA could really liven the game by not restricting the game, but enabling more!

Fertilizer = enables tax is what it should do IMO.. If not, no tax.

Not applicable to mining though. Mining tax is always there :)

Please

Enable more, restrict less

The more options we have the better..

Very cool thought,

But that would not keep LA owners from deliberately fucking up the spawns. (Cough, cough, D to the eathifier) He would just head back and set it to private.

Well, that would at least force him to be "active" ;)

As far as I'm aware MA have never stated Dasp is a 'unique' mob DNA, it might only spawn in one place, but that's not the same as saying it will never spawn anywhere else.

So if the LA owner fails to provide that mob to those that want it, they risk MA taking action to provide that mob in other ways.

It would be interesting to understand the history of Dasp and how it came to be on FOMA, or the previous named CND, maybe Neverdie can shed some light on this. Did Neverdie pay for a unique DNA?

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if MA ran a story line, something like.....the DASP desperate to be alive and reproduce, have finally managed to escape FOMA....and spawned at new locations. Or even sell a DNA for 100K+ ped.

Whatever the health situation of the FOMA owner, I would advise him to sort it out fast, before MA take another course of action. Because MA only need an valid excuse to sell something more than once, if there's money to be made.

Rick

Default DNA setting should be medium density, medium maturity.

Any changes to that should require fertilizer. Running out of fertilizer would default back to medium/medium.

As a former landowner, I would not like to have landareas nerfed any further. If you pay between 100k- 300k ped for something, you may do with it as you damn well please, since you are the holder (mastermesh) of the deed.
I am a fan of public fertiliser, like wizz suggested.
Mindark should also delete the rent from events, because it makes no sense that you have to rent your own landarea for events.
What also could work, if the landareas events are set to public, that the organiser of the event pays rent to the landowner and that the proceeds if the event can be set to go to the organiser as well , with a percentage slider that can be set by the landowner. For example 5-95 or 50-50.

He is in some sort of dispute regarding the current landscape of his treasure island and therefore decided to not fertilize his land ..

I think is extremely childish.. affecting the whole playerbase with some unique spawns that are just no longer there..

With this I have to agree with fully. No reason why other gamers, should suffer for somebodies petty tantrums to get his/her way. ( the whole spoiled-kid thingy comes to mind)

Im small, compared to who is being refered to here, but I can say this....

I quickly learned the improtance of "strong feeling of responsibillity" towards the community, as a land owner. Ignoring it or failing at it, is not just financially fatal, but also socially detramental. No use having bags of money to throw about, if you dont at least have a little bit of social-tact ot negotiatory tact. Even in control of your feelings helps.

DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!!!:wise:

Back