Are you a Good Entropia Universe Customer?

Are you a good Entropia Univere Customer

• Yes

Votes: 86 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
We have debated endlessly on what Mindark should do, the good the bad and the ugly and we tend to believe EU should be like this or that, each of us having opinions on how we believe EU should function.

The thing i ask mostly in game when people complain about EU and MA is the same question I would like to pose to everyone on PCF today.

1. What do you think constitutes a good Entropia Universe Customer? From Mindark's point of view.

2. Are you a good EU customer according to yourself. Its just about us being honest to ourselves about our own opinions and feelings, thats all.

I will add a poll to see what we think of ourselves and will keep it private so feel free to be honest :)

I should answer the above questions with my own opinion ofcourse and so here we go

1. To me a good or an ideal EU customer is the guy who

a. deposits monthly/weekly etc and is ready to pay that as an entertainment on a regular basis. This does not mean he cannot cry about 50% tt returns but yes he does not expect to profit from the game and is ready to lose the peds in the long term as a payment for entertainment. This is based on the fundamental believe i have that at the end of the day your deposits/withdrawals matter and not your turnover from Mindark's economic point of view.

b. Contributes to creating an atmosphere of cordiality within EU by being a positive force who encourages others and helps them along with.

c. Contributes by spreading EU on channels like twitch/youtube etc or irl through friends etc bringing more people to EU.

To answer my second question

Personally considering I am currently a nett withdrawer

a. I am a liability rather then an asset
b. I try my best but i am not always positive and i think personal loot bias also effects the atmosphere we create.
c. I don't have a channel etc but i do tell everyone i know or come across about EU to little effect though as not many have joined EU much less stayed.

So from a hopefully unbiased personal point of view, I would say I am not the ideal customer for EU.

Please feel free to not just vote but also leave your point of views about the same.

Cheers,

Divinity

Last edited:
Just to clarify are we voting on Divinity or ourselves?

Just to clarify are we voting on Divinity or ourselves?

LOL I came here to vote on divinity but got asked to vote on myself, I think.

I'm a net spender in EU and very largely on MU. I'm a small time depositor and casual player who manages two shops on two planets and as well as having collected up some other properties I collect UL vehicles and some other junk too.

I try to stay positive with regards to the game even though the community is often a mess, and I acknowledge also that sometimes I'm aggressively part of that. Take it or leave it there's a list of reasons I selected Atrax as my name. I'm here tearing the place up because I care.

I'm confident that I'm a "good customer" in the sense that I'm a net financial gain to both the company and many members of the community and that's a driving factor here.

In regards to being a good community member, well I'm certain that I make plenty of positive contribution in terms of actual factual information and helpful answers to offset my occasional ranting about some people's manners and TRY to achieve a net positive here on the forum.

Opinions may differ on whether I'm achieving that balance but that's ok too :banana:

In the game much of that wasted PED goes to buffing/transporting/resurrecting/fire supporting random players (mostly at low levels of course) and I feed the loot pool plenty testing out bits of various theories, trying things people have said, and generally just screwing around. I mean, so I occasionally hunt with a ClericDagger, I'm not hurting anyone :ahh:

In the end it's for others to judge.

1. What do you think constitutes a good Entropia Universe Customer? From Mindark's point of view.
  • Someone who to compete for the money of the game knows that he also has to bring his own money to the game; and,
  • Someone who knows and respects the EULA of the game.
2. Are you a good EU customer according to yourself.
Yes. :cool:

I didn't vote cause I'm not sure if it's about you or me.

Good customers from MA/SEE's point of view:

People who deposit money, loose it, shut up, deposit again, accept everything
whether it's fair or unfair, deposit again, loose again, but don't loose hope... :wtg:

Hypocrites people that tell good things about the game hoping to be favored that way.
Deposit again, and still hope... :wtg:

Or simply dumb people that are ready to spend thousands tons of money just for "fun".
Cause it's so fun to grind endlessly... :yay:

I deposit money and loose it fast... :broke:
But I'm loosing hope, and worst, I speak the truth. :censored:

I am BAD customer. :dunce:

Interesting start. I have made the correction regarding "Are you " instead of "Am I" to avoid any confusion. I have already stated that i am not the ideal customer :). If you still want to, feel free to label me whichever way you prefer but the objective of the thread is to self evaluate .

Divinity

PS: Can't change the poll option or the header

Last edited:
I think it's important to keep in mind that a player can gain ped through MU, but lose ped to the TT and still be a valuable player to MA. If you gain money from markup then lose to the TT that means that someone still paid MA for the gameplay. Trying to get markup also creates markets for items, which gives players more incentive to play. Also, for players who use the auction house to get MU, they are taking money out of the system and putting it into MA's pockets through AH fees. This obviously isn't as good for MA as depositing money for gameplay, but it is definitely very beneficial to them. That being said, I think that contributing to the EU community in some positive way i.e. creating markets and encouraging others to continue playing by being friendly/ generous are generally more important than depositing yourself unless you're a very big spender. Create a good playing environment for other players and some of them will inevitably deposit in your stead. Also, hoarding money/ assets is a liability for EU, but it's on them if they don't have enough money to deal with potentially big withdraws, since in the grand scheme of things, any money that the "rich" players have came from other players and not from MA's pocket.

As far as I go, I think I'm not a bad player for MA to have around because I spend a lot on auction fees, lose an insane amount to the TT, build up markets on items, and put in the occasional deposit. I also like to hire vivo S10 healers when I can and give them pretty good pay compared to what they're used to. I butt heads with certain players who I see as toxic, but I try to make the game a nicer place generally.

We have debated endlessly on what Mindark should do, the good the bad and the ugly and we tend to believe EU should be like this or that, each of us having opinions on how we believe EU should function.

The thing i ask mostly in game when people complain about EU and MA is the same question I would like to pose to everyone on PCF today.

2. Are you a good EU customer according to yourself. Its just about us being honest to ourselves about our own opinions and feelings, thats all.

I will add a poll to see what we think of ourselves and will keep it private so feel free to be honest :)

I should answer the above questions with my own opinion ofcourse and so here we go

1. To me a good or an ideal EU customer is the guy who

a. deposits monthly/weekly etc and is ready to pay that as an entertainment on a regular basis. This does not mean he cannot cry about 50% tt returns but yes he does not expect to profit from the game and is ready to lose the peds in the long term as a payment for entertainment. This is based on the fundamental believe i have that at the end of the day your deposits/withdrawals matter and not your turnover from Mindark's economic point of view.

b. Contributes to creating an atmosphere of cordiality within EU by being a positive force who encourages others and helps them along with.

c. Contributes by spreading EU on channels like twitch/youtube etc or irl through friends etc bringing more people to EU.

To answer my second question

Personally considering I am currently a nett withdrawer

a. I am a liability rather then an asset
b. I try my best but i am not always positive and i think personal loot bias also effects the atmosphere we create.
c. I don't have a channel etc but i do tell everyone i know or come across about EU to little effect though as not many have joined EU much less stayed.

So from a hopefully unbiased personal point of view, I would say I am not the ideal customer for EU.

Please feel free to not just vote but also leave your point of views about the same.

Cheers,

Divinity

Might I ad this pls? If you havent deposited more than 5-10K USD into the platform in one deposit, you have no right or foot to stand on, to take part in a discussion like this. The bottomfeeders and opertunists are no bennifit whatsoever to this RCE.

Might I ad this pls? If you havent deposited more than 5-10K USD into the platform in one deposit, you have no right or foot to stand on, to take part in a discussion like this. The bottomfeeders and opertunists are no bennifit whatsoever to this RCE.

Complete nonsense like everything you post.

People who consistently put in money, people that are not likely to say anything untoward MindArk, people that do not invest in the game but play the game.

No.

After depositing from 2kusd per week for about 6 months when I first started to 40kusd in one depo to invest into the virtual item world to now only feeding off the other depositors that do stupid things.

I have lost hope in the investment side of things, but still play the game.

your helping me out thanks... and I think all should be able to comment what makes the big depositors so special? nothing !

Last edited:
Well, I deposit now and then, quite irregular, and my total credit (including assets) has been going steep down the last few years. My last few $100 deposits has been going out very rapidly, so I became less active. I deposited to open the boxes I got from LT this season (smaller ones), just as a gamble, and for LT, the loot has been ok to keep me running for a while, so I'm currently in a "up" period.

I am a terrible grinder, so I'm hoping MA will launch some events that grabs my attention and makes it worth my deposit. I find it ok to pay for a good time (EU style, not Trump style), I'm not really in it for the PED-win.

On the other hand, I can waste a lot of time on EU where I should be doing real life stuff, like getting my house in order :p

Get out of here spacejanitor, you have no right to talk in this discussion if you have not deposited 500k-1mil USD.
You're taking up the posting space of us real depositors with your low deposit posts.

edit: can a mod remove my post please, i have just been informed by an individual that wishes to remain anonymous that people with less than 1 billion USD deposited has no right to voice any opinion, if you're not contributing to making MindArk a fortune 500 company you have no value to the community

Last edited:
The whole idea of the thread is for self evaluation. Please resist from commenting on what others should or should not do. We do that quite enough already in other threads.

I would request all to focus on themselves and there own opinions rather then others.

Thanks,

Divinity

Firstly to reassure you that I have by your standards the right to reply, yes I have depo'd loads, yes I own a Mothership, a shop, major shareholder in 3 other shops and 2 other ships. Will that do ?

I nonetheless disagree with you totally... the little people matter more than the big egos... why ?
because just like in real life the vast majority of money spent is actually from people on low budgets, they may not spend as much in 1 transaction, but they sure as hell outnumber the bigger bankrolled folk. Without the smaller depositor and even the sweaters etc this economy would likely collapse in a week
The corner shop down your street at home makes a comfortable income, but it's highest sales by number will be cheap products bought by low income families, would it make sense to say they are not welcome to shop there ?

Your arrogance and rudeness to others in this game, frankly astounds me, you want them to shop at your store or use your space services, yet you insult them in 90% of your posts...great PR mate

As for me am I what MA wants of a good customer..probably yes. I have spent loads and never withdrawn, and that seems to be their main criteria.
I try to help others, but like many, I have detractors that will I am sure disagree
I have good days when I am positive but not all days are good and therefore like any normal human I may whinge when it goes badly. But since that tends to be in pm, soc chat or even mumble I don't think MA care too much
I do try to report bugs / exploits etc to help MA and to help protect players.
I have voted undecided... but that is because I am female.. and you guys know we never make up our minds :)

Last edited:
I am just a customer.

Assuming you are a "better" customer would only lead to the mindset that you are owed some sort of compensation for that assumption. This can be one of the most destructive mindsets to have in this game. As you can never expect to be compensated for your ability to purchase things here, only your ability to spot trends in regard to loot and markups.

So I am just a customer, who plays the game of markup, and I happen to be a better customer than most at the markup game. Which did happen to cost a lot to have the full range of markup options, to which the company benefited from me more than most customers (probably top 10 ever from a single account) on the BP investment front. Not sure if that counts for this question though. :)

A good customer from their point of view is one who does not give up easy in the face of a challenge or stupid code mistakes/game decisions. The rest stop being customers. I am not sure they realize just how amazing their customers are for stickin' around. :)

I do question if this customer focused concept is even considered as often as we would expect in the US for example. It is a good question to bring up, and remind MA that we are indeed here, and still making their baby work.

I deposit, cycle a decent amount and invest in some of their projects (not the shitty ones, gotta keep them honest) id say i am 10/10 most awesome customer EU

A good customer from their point of view is one who does not give up easy in the face of a challenge or stupid code mistakes/game decisions.

One small correction there I think would make things more clear " A good customer from their point of view in my opinion "

Its always good to hear a different perspective.

Cheers,

Divinity

Well, I deposit now and then, quite irregular, and my total credit (including assets) has been going steep down the last few years.

im the top 10 best costumer this game has, every ped i spend is chairty to others :D

I think it's important to keep in mind that a player can gain ped through MU, but lose ped to the TT and still be a valuable player to MA.

Varied yet honest opinions and i totally get where most are coming from. Thanks for responding.

I'm a Chaotic Good Entropia Universe player. :tongue2:

I like the majority of what MA have done over the years, and if I dont like something, I'll say so.

I like the majority of what MA have done over the years, and if I dont like something, I'll say so.

I'd say the same.

Based on the last 12 months in-game transaction data I've deposited close to $3K USD, so I'd guess MA would be happy with that. There's always a flip side though, "What makes a good game developer?"

My appetite is fading fast though, so it will be interesting what MA does over the next 12 months to warrant further support.

Good luck out there.

Rick

There is no good or Bad Customer .
Same if you go in super market . Every customer is same even if he spend 10 dollars or 1000 dollars, everybody is treated the same.
the question is : does MA is a good provider of the product for which we are customers?

So someone depositing big to buy some land area from another player, to collect tax and getting that money back out of the system is better then someone who regular deposits lower amount but cycles this money by doing activities, actually contributing decay wise and contibuting to the economy?

You sir have no clue what you are talking about (again)!

Definitely fail at all of those...

a) net withdrawer (sorry but the mechanics/environment/gameplay is not entertaining enough to justify over $3-4/hour at top level of gameplay)

b) try to help people, but usually have other older players cuss me out and get triggered so w/e

c) used twitch, got exhausting because the content is slow-paced and boring for the most part. I also give MA a hard time about nearly everything, which is justified imo... they have the cash and the resources, they could overhaul a lot of stuff, they could adopt a more friendly engine that doesn't result in a broken game everytime they change a line of code. However, they don't so until then I'll continue my banter.

I do still play, but casually. it's a lack of time to grind and i get my 1-2 hours of daily entertainment elsewhere... EU isn't really a "game" or "entertainment" imo... it's more of a hobby and something you have to actually be passionate about to enjoy to its fullest extent. Current leadership direction is hindering that. The improvements to hunting over the last 12 months have been incredible, but the underlying issues with EU need to be addressed first.

MA likes to run before they can walk (toulan/NI anyone?)

Last edited:

Agreed for most part on my ownself except I would not quantify myself as chaotic good :)

I'd say the same.

Based on the last 12 months in-game transaction data I've deposited close to $3K USD, so I'd guess MA would be happy with that. There's always a flip side though, "What makes a good game developer?"

My appetite is fading fast though, so it will be interesting what MA does over the next 12 months to warrant further support.

Good luck out there.

Rick

Well one pays for entertainment if someone does not get entertained enough for the $ spent one sure has the right to complain.

There is no good or Bad Customer .
Same if you go in super market . Every customer is same even if he spend 10 dollars or 1000 dollars, everybody is treated the same.
the question is : does MA is a good provider of the product for which we are customers?

In my opinion it would be more prudent to compare an entertainment industry standard to another one rather then a retail. Be it a concert or a casino or the movies you get what you pay for. Higher costs usually translate to VIP status and better seats/offers etc. Just saying.

Definitely fail at all of those...

a) net withdrawer (sorry but the mechanics/environment/gameplay is not entertaining enough to justify over $3-4/hour at top level of gameplay)

b) try to help people, but usually have other older players cuss me out and get triggered so w/e

c) used twitch, got exhausting because the content is slow-paced and boring for the most part. I also give MA a hard time about nearly everything, which is justified imo... they have the cash and the resources, they could overhaul a lot of stuff, they could adopt a more friendly engine that doesn't result in a broken game everytime they change a line of code. However, they don't so until then I'll continue my banter.

I do still play, but casually. it's a lack of time to grind and i get my 1-2 hours of daily entertainment elsewhere... EU isn't really a "game" or "entertainment" imo... it's more of a hobby and something you have to actually be passionate about to enjoy to its fullest extent. Current leadership direction is hindering that. The improvements to hunting over the last 12 months have been incredible, but the underlying issues with EU need to be addressed first.

MA likes to run before they can walk (toulan/NI anyone?)

Well both you and me seem to be in minority as 43 vs 13 seem to believe they are good customers here :) At least i have some company..lol

For MA I'm probably a bad customer,

I use the servers (not that I play much anymore), don't and won't recommend EU to anyone else and haven't deposited in years (I can't remember the last time I did) so they've already spent any money I have deposited a long time ago.

Let's just say I have put some of their kids in some college classes...

Honestly though, I did something for EU that only 1 player knows about and In my opinion saved the company a lot of money and potential ruin. I did it because various reasons, but number 1 is that I love the game and want to see it thrive.

I have helped, and try to help other players as much as possible.

I submit support cases when I feel they will be helpful and "try" to keep my posts positive on the forum.
I have however sent several support cases saying "wtf" about my returns and how they do not treat me like a valued customer.

I don't know why in the years I've played, they can't keep a consistent communication with the player base. They go "oh we got a new community manager." then the manager makes 3 posts and you don't hear from them for 5 months, then they make a post about something random or just some minimal effort - then the cycle continues.
It would really take like 15 minutes to type of, maybe 1-2 hours of actual labor to put out a communication weekly or even monthly just to even say "hey guys, here it's what's up, bla bla."

anyhow...

Hum i guess NO! i leave public decide for me

Back