Making Space Inviting(+ lootable people?)

Atrax

Prowler
Mutant Atrax Stalker
Ok so I've been following the thread on revitalizing PVP by making players loot under the existing loot engine for mobs.

I do have the tendency to ramble on the forum, a sort of real-time typing out my thoughts without necessarily organizing them. In some further discussion about that, I decided to sit down and map out what was growing in the back of my mind. So I made some cheesy graphics, but, maybe they're worth a few thousand words.

These images integrate several existing ideas in together, and also point out one possible way for MA to attract enough players into space that finishing (or starting in some cases) their "proposed" systems for space is more attractive.

1) All planets get turned into globes, as already demonstrated at the new Arkadian Moon. Now that they have implemented this into game I honestly hope the roadmap is to do all planets anyways.

2) System loot for PVP is implemented basically as described here in all red and yellow areas:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...layers-and-vehicles-lootable-in-all-PvP-zones!

I have mixed feelings about that idea, but have to admit that much of the negativity is simply driven by fear of abuse. In any case, and especially referring to space, I think it's better than what we have. I asked him if he felt it would be appropriate for me to post these there, and agreed it would likely derail the thread.

2.5) Please put any feedback regarding that specific system there so that the interested parties can discuss that specifically. He has helped me to focus my thoughts and I don't want to "capture feedback" that would be useful there.

3) MA implement space mining, eventually. This has been discussed by them it's not far fetched to include it. Everybody wants it, but nobody will go in space, so I suspect it's definitely a "back burner" item for them. Who knows sometimes they surprise us :)

Since I accidentally posted a blank post I'm going to put this out. I'll start the next post with a couple of descriptions of specific mechanics, please feel free to post whatever thoughts this inspires. This is sort of a "grand hope" kind of post I'm not looking for laser focused OT discussion ;)

Last edited:
No one can enter lootable PVP zones without 50 ped of lootables in their inventory.

OK some specific points:

1) Being killed in a barrier PVP zone (around a planet, station, or moon) respawns you ON THE OTHER SIDE.

In this way if you are just trying to go somewhere, you get your loot check, and no other pirate or group of random PKers can continuously spawn camp you on the wrong side of the zone. The plan is already dependant on spawn points on both sides of a barrier zone since you would spawn up from planet on the safe side, and there would be a docking station like we have now on the space side.

Additionally if you came to the barrier zone to PVP, you would have to get back through to return to where you came from.

2) Eliminate the timeout when traversing zones. Or mirror it. I would prefer elimination but if you can shoot someone for 30 seconds after they enter the safe zone, they should be protected for an equal time on exit.

3) the whole map could be red/yellow - IMO it would still be much better than what we currently have. I do feel that in version 2 there those thin white lines around the edge would provide a disproportionate incentive for some people to try and get through the planet barrier zones ;)

That's enough to kick things off I think.

No one can enter lootable PVP zones without 50 ped of lootables in their inventory.

Modern pirates. So easy to please :lolup:

Last edited:
Space is too big for its current population.

Lots of drama n stuff comes from people who are bored because they haven't met anyone for hours.

Lots of drama n stuff comes from people who are bored because they haven't met anyone for hours.

Space is to small for the population it could have if it had been developed like promised in 2012/2013/2014/2016/2017...

The drama only exists because mindark still hasnt implemented a means that makes everyone a valid target (ignoring countless easy solutions/quickfixes that were suggested over the years) - if hunting 'pirates' was sustainable camping would no longer take place at spacestations and fights would be redirected further out into space and towards warpgates.

Last edited:

Yes. I agree. Space is currently serving only one purpose for most, and that's to provide some level of separation for the planetary economies. For better or for worse is definitely a matter of opinion. I can fully understand, however, why a group like Arkadia Studios or Beladcom don't want to have their entire IP treated as "a slightly larger LA".

I WANT to be a space enthusiast. It's hard after nothing has changed or improved for so long, and actually trying to do the provided activities is grindingly slow and difficult. There is at least one very active mothership, and there are people who go out and play in space. Solo options are slim, consume more time than money (in my case and many others) and provide little reward.

It's not entirely dead but it seems like it's done nothing but languish for years. It's clear by now that space as it is currently implemented is neither attractive for the "average" player or useful to people who are less interested in playing on a schedule or sticking pretty much to one activity. Many of us have gone up to take a tour or look around a bit. But most in the end remember the pirates more than anything else, and get right back to grinding on planet where it's safe.

The risk is not currently commensurate with the reward. This is my opinion but I feel it's been pretty well demonstrated. I think that they can maintain their economic purpose without blocking off the entirety of space as "extremely high risk / low reward", and I would love to see some motion in that direction.

I want to know what it takes to get Mega playing in space. ;)

Space is to small for the population it could have if it had been developed like promised in 2012/2013/2014/2016/2017...

The drama only exists because mindark still hasnt implemented a means that makes everyone a valid target (ignoring countless easy solutions/quickfixes that were suggested over the years) - if hunting 'pirates' was sustainable camping would no longer take place at spacestations and fights would be redirected further out into space and towards warpgates.

John posted while I was typing. This I agree with 100%

We need to get people out there. Making PVP more inviting is very possibly a step in that direction. But some content that people can explore without alternating strictly between fear and boredom is a must.

EDIT: I'm not schizophrenic I swear. What Haruto said and what John said, do not conflict.

Last edited:
Lootable space PvP decimates non-Calypso incomes and economies. It's lame and cumbersome, and it makes me avoid potentially awesome experiences on other planets because I don't enjoy getting shot down repeatedly despite the fact that I've an empty cargo hold.

Quickfixes for space pvp:
- Pvp switch in action library to operate any weapon on quads/privateers/motherships in pvp only mode (can only hit ships/players no mobs - ammo cost less then 10%)
- optional fuel tank on all ships for lootable 'nitro-fuel' allowing for increased subwarp speed (eg. 10ped nitro +10% speed, 20ped nitro +20%, 100ped nitro +100%, 200ped +120%, 400ped +140%, 1000ped +160%) -> voila every pirate who wants to catch a target suddendly need to carry 'loot' and every successfull pirate will carry even more loot -> motherships and privateers will end up carrying large amounts of nitro making them viable targets as well as enabling them to chase down other ships that usually could outrun them without nitro
- enable radar for space with much extended range (+ the more nitro you carry the sooner you show up on radar)

Ok so I've been following the thread on revitalizing PVP by making players loot under the existing loot engine for mobs.

I do have the tendency to ramble on the forum, a sort of real-time typing out my thoughts without necessarily organizing them. In some further discussion about that, I decided to sit down and map out what was growing in the back of my mind. So I made some cheesy graphics, but, maybe they're worth a few thousand words.

These images integrate several existing ideas in together, and also point out one possible way for MA to attract enough players into space that finishing (or starting in some cases) their "proposed" systems for space is more attractive.

1) All planets get turned into globes, as already demonstrated at the new Arkadian Moon. Now that they have implemented this into game I honestly hope the roadmap is to do all planets anyways.

2) System loot for PVP is implemented basically as described here in all red and yellow areas:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...layers-and-vehicles-lootable-in-all-PvP-zones!

I have mixed feelings about that idea, but have to admit that much of the negativity is simply driven by fear of abuse. In any case, and especially referring to space, I think it's better than what we have. I asked him if he felt it would be appropriate for me to post these there, and agreed it would likely derail the thread.

2.5) Please put any feedback regarding that specific system there so that the interested parties can discuss that specifically. He has helped me to focus my thoughts and I don't want to "capture feedback" that would be useful there.

3) MA implement space mining, eventually. This has been discussed by them it's not far fetched to include it. Everybody wants it, but nobody will go in space, so I suspect it's definitely a "back burner" item for them. Who knows sometimes they surprise us :)

Since I accidentally posted a blank post I'm going to put this out. I'll start the next post with a couple of descriptions of specific mechanics, please feel free to post whatever thoughts this inspires. This is sort of a "grand hope" kind of post I'm not looking for laser focused OT discussion ;)

The other thread on same topic got you goin huh?

As someone not (currently) interested in participating in pvp I'd really like any potential pvp update to consider 2 guidelines.

1) No forcing anyone into lootable or non-lootable pvp even if it's just to get from a to b like space. (you're not forcing pirates to do gardening to be able to do their thing or make crafters go sweat. Why force everyone and their pet into the pvp arena just for travelling?)

2) When entering lootable or non-lootable pvp there should be comparable risk reward profile for participants. (what's the point in engaging any pirates in space right now pretty much knowing they certainly don't have any loot on them?)

The other thread on same topic got you goin huh?

Not exactly. I'm interested in a much broader discussion than what Captain Jack is trying to propose and since I appreciate not only the thought he puts into sharing his ideas but the care he takes in maintaining and participating in an on-topic discussion, I'd like to show a little respect.

This sort of arrangement can accommodate what he is proposing, or not. If anyone actually starts to post useful information here regarding his specific proposal I will encourage them over there.

As someone not (currently) interested in participating in pvp I'd really like any potential pvp update to consider 2 guidelines.

1) No forcing anyone into lootable or non-lootable pvp even if it's just to get from a to b like space. (you're not forcing pirates to do gardening to be able to do their thing or make crafters go sweat. Why force everyone and their pet into the pvp arena just for travelling?)

2) When entering lootable or non-lootable pvp there should be comparable risk reward profile for participants. (what's the point in engaging any pirates in space right now pretty much knowing they certainly don't have any loot on them?)

Just to be clear, and because I sometimes post random seeming notions, I would like to see lootable PVP 100% removed from EU. PVP with no reward is silly it could go too.

Early on MA introduced some PVP with 2 types of risk/reward system, and it was good. I believe that for most players it was good because you didn't have to go. Ever. Some disagree on my use of the word "most" but no doubt, it's a lot of us.

Then we got space. :eyecrazy:

I mine red and yellow PVP areas. It's very rare that I hunt in PVP anymore but that's because I'm bored by the attackers and not really ready for big mutants. But I go to space. I mean I also go through space like most of us do, both in my own quad and on motherships. Shout out to Kronan which I ride most frequently. But I go to space to be in space.

I want it be full of people, and fun things to do. Not just every once in a great while when something random happens, and not just when you can get 20 - 30 people together to go grind skills in a big metal room. I'm willing to pay the price of some PVP for this. But clearly, most players aren't.

On the bright side if you run into somebody in space and they're not camping a spawn point, you've a fair chance they're at least as scared of you as you are of them. Not many dogfights happen more than half an AU from the safe zone.

I don't think it's useful to just continuously post about how much I hate a system that MA is clearly very attached to. This is the reason that you see me currently participating in discussions about CHANGING pvp. 100% strictly because I think that it's better than what we have.

I think that to begin with, before they start taking the complaints about space seriously, some people have to actually be trying to use it. As long as the current situation suits their economic goals and nobody else (in significant numbers I mean, there are some very dedicated space players) goes there - they have very little incentive to do anything at all.

I think honestly that you and I agree pretty closely on a lot of points Luis. I've become more interested in making even a little push for some change because slowly, slowly, the hope keeps dying. I certainly don't expect them to change all of space to suit my personal style of gameplay ;)

Anyways it's not all or nothing. I'm so happy for the moon (the change the moon brought to space) and I'm not sure how much arkadia pushed for that or how much was mindark. Arkadia staff won't even post to the forums and have not said or released anything that I'm aware of beyond the initial release notes.

Thanks for sharing your specific concerns. Captain Jack's proposal is specifically addressed at number 2 there, and I think it's the best solution to that problem that I've seen yet. The current situation is extremely one sided regarding risk vs. reward.

The fact is the most valuable thing they can take from me is my time. I don't feel that another player should be allowed to do that. And other than the nothing in all or nothing, I don't know any way to address that. The next best thing is making so that I'm not just wasting time AND money if I fight back.

If you've followed the recent space force saga, it's been a great look at the psychology here:

• Watch a guy get looted.
  • Watch him get looted several times.
  • Watch him go spend a ton of money to gear up.
  • Listen to him talking about spending a ton of money to even start gaining basic skills with the gear.

Then in the end watch him go LITERALLY THROW MONEY AT THE THIEVES to try and get some relief from the absolutely overwhelming feelings of 100% impotent rage.

Ragequit. NEXT.

True story. :lolup: Maybe he'll calm down enough to stick around but probably not.

Last edited:

Until Pirates face a hit to their actions either by reputation in-game or by not able to access certain features of Entropia, it's not fully implemented (ie broken).

90%+ of the playerbase will spend as much time (I'm being generous) there as they do on the toilet, and for much the same reasons.

Because they have to, to visit the other planets. Which they wish to.

Until Pirates face a hit to their actions either by reputation in-game or by not able to access certain features of Entropia, it's not fully implemented (ie broken).

90% + will spend as much time there as they do on the toilet, and for much the same reasons.

Damn. No answer then? I think we all fully agree it's broken.

Players work on the reputation thing, but the game systems are confusing and no planet partner will support a community shaming list or thread. Right now you have to participate, to know who the participants are. And that's not really the best either.

Have you read the suggestion about police ships that patrol and kill negative karma ships? I think that's not a bad idea, but they really need to straighten out karma first. That's broken too.

Have you read the suggestion about police ships that patrol and kill negative karma ships? I think that's not a bad idea, but they really need to straighten out karma first. That's broken too.

As I played Eve before Entropia, I fully support police ships, as I do gun turrets on space stations. ;)

But, as a Chaotic Good type, I'm not totally against people being bad in a RPG, I just want there to be repercussions, for which there is zero at the present time, and thats a critical flaw in this game (and also kills off 1000's of new players)

No one is listening, took 7 years of me saying 'What about a screenshot function?' to make it appear.

I did take some extra time to think about these.

I know you've had a ton of great ideas and I appreciate you bringing a couple of them in. I watch your space posts when they get updates but honestly, some of them are so old I have no idea how many great and already forgotten ideas are buried in one brief mention there.

Quickfixes for space pvp:
- Pvp switch in action library to operate any weapon on quads/privateers/motherships in pvp only mode (can only hit ships/players no mobs - ammo cost less then 10%)

I like this. I REALLY like this and I think a lot of others would too. But I think it needs to be on the zone. Much like a PVP event at Tukar, decay has to be balanced between DPP and defense costs. As long as both are reduced equally and the battles aren't much longer than they currently are I am completely for this. This setting should be applied to any PVP interaction in space.

Something like this could be used to implement another idea I had as well. I would be super happy if I could get something equivalent to armor plates for my Sleipnir. (L) (UL) whatever. My unlimited space ship has 450 SI!

However I'm getting ready to do some testing of some old "common wisdom" and I think I might be getting ready to take my guns off. There is no way I would invest in armor plates (L) or (UL) that can be decayed by pirates.

Armor that simply doesn't interact with or defend from Kismet shots would be fine, but I'm not up to date on all mob types in space and I think the mostly hit you with one form or another of "energy blast" so I don't think protection type would be the best way to address that, and it would limit the introduction of other weapons which I really want as well. Perhaps they could simply be useless n these limited decay zones.

This could go into space right now without changing anything else and it would be wonderful.

- optional fuel tank on all ships for lootable 'nitro-fuel' allowing for increased subwarp speed (eg. 10ped nitro +10% speed, 20ped nitro +20%, 100ped nitro +100%, 200ped +120%, 400ped +140%, 1000ped +160%) -> voila every pirate who wants to catch a target suddendly need to carry 'loot' and every successfull pirate will carry even more loot -> motherships and privateers will end up carrying large amounts of nitro making them viable targets as well as enabling them to chase down other ships that usually could outrun them without nitro
- enable radar for space with much extended range (+ the more nitro you carry the sooner you show up on radar) ...

This is an interesting idea. I have mixed feelings and as regards the looting and financial incentives I prefer the system loot implementation. This will encourage more players to carry loot, and increase the "gamble" each time. I would not participate. However with the speed boost on the table, I guess a lot of players might.

I would support the IMMEDIATE introduction of a cargo flag. Those who carry cargo frequently would probably not appreciate this but I think that it would save everybody (pirates and actual players) a lot of money and time.

I'm under the impression that the vast majority of space journeys in quads and VTOLs are taken by reasonably careful players, who aren't carrying anything to loot. Pirates are shrewd. If the system is literally telling them "no loot here" I don't think they're going to waste much ped shooting. Then I get my time back.

- enable radar for space with much extended range (+ the more nitro you carry the sooner you show up on radar) ...

Any radar for space +++ wonderful idea. Distance increased AT LEAST proportionately to whatever km/au conversion vehicles do.

As I played Eve before Entropia, I fully support police ships, as I do gun turrets on space stations. ;)

But, as a Chaotic Good type, I'm not totally against people being bad in a RPG, I just want there to be repercussions, for which there is zero at the present time, and thats a critical flaw in this game (and also kills off 1000's of new players)

No one is listening, took 7 years of me saying 'What about a screenshot function?' to make it appear.

Aye I like to think of myself as chaotic good as well, I'm told it sometimes makes my statements (even more) confusing.

I'm using the hell out of that screenshot button btw, great idea ;)

If they would move Karma to the player I think we could have police bots. Besides the fact that the interaction of karma points and titles is a little confusing right now, karma on a Sleipnir is ridiculous and useless - especially with no clear/official explanation of how it works..

If there was ever a chance of any loot I would have been encouraged to start dogfighting long ago. The fact is your average pirate is much more careful than your average traveler. If they're not confident it's not even like you get a chance to catch them heading back with someone else's loot.

Also I'm not sure what I would do if I killed a pirate and looted them, effectively then participating in looting the other player. Neither do I want to hurry back to the space station and hand back the loot I just fought for.

It's SUPER confusing. I don't appreciate being motivated into a fight that I actually don't want to win.

Last edited:

That alone would fix piracy problems. With so many entry/exit points it would be very difficult to camp around planets. Well, entries are not a problem already, if you know what you are doing you can enter planet 3AUs away from SS easily.

That alone would fix piracy problems. With so many entry/exit points it would be very difficult to camp around planets. Well, entries are not a problem already, if you know what you are doing you can enter planet 3AUs away from SS easily.

The moon is amazing. I was camped out there for a few days watching the pirates and the ins and outs after they put in the safe zones. Also a little flying around the moon and shooting rockets into space :ahh:

It's absolute cringe every time someone spawns up there, and makes a break for the space station. I know a lot of players don't use the forums and they're just doing it how they always have to do it. But MAN - if you just head towards the moon there is so much safe zone it's really a game changer.

If there's one pirate, it's basically a waiting game now. Please note the screenshot I posted early in this thread. That screenshot is old but it actually helps make an important point. If you drag a pirate off of the spawn and there's no other pirate there, every second they're out of visual range is potentially lost money. In fact if you're flying without loot and you have a few minutes to kill - please see if you can get a pirate to chase you off of the spawn point before just letting them loot check you. Please, and Thank you.

If you're in a hurry, well it's not that far to the space station, you know the drill :sniper:

You lose the ability to fly so far out into space that chances of seeing another player are effectively 0% with this. Considering how it changes things at the spawning point, I'd make the trade for the realism.

I've never done anything like this but I'm going to go measure that moon. If anyone has please let me know. I suppose if I can match up positions on two axes I'll have the measure across the third.

EDIT : Well that was a lot easier than I thought, since the system conveniently places a waypoint at the center of the moon.

The safe zone extends .3 AU from the center of the moon.
You're offered planet entry shortly after you cross .24
You hit the surface at .15

Since visual distance is roughly .2 this means there's never a time when you can fly deep enough into the moon's current safe zone to not be seen from the outer edge. There's plenty of room to get out of sight of someone in every other direction, though.

I also went to see if there was a "bubble" of additional safe zone around the spawn, and there is not. You spawn very close to the outer edge of the safe zone. Spawn coordinates are lightly randomized but where I spawned today was approximately .04 au from a point I had recorded earlier. Basically every time I've left the moon it's been within a few meters of this point.

If they could get this spread further around the sphere it would be so nice.

Last edited:

Kind of funny but I think the only one with this idea was mine and for some odd reason no one likes it -- mostly the pirates which again is sad since it shows that the only reason they play in space is so they can steal real money from others who had to deposit to collect such supplies in hopes they can hit it big and withdraw back into real money.

And yes, such a system would cause hell in space which again many pointed out should be to manage the economy. Right now loot costs to transport is really only the cost of fuel. Which many say is not good for EU and why we need pirates. Odd logic. But if we made space PVP mob lootable then well all the ideas of why we would need space is set in place due to the cost and hassle to move items planet to planet which would, more or less, stabilize the economy again. Mob lootable space would as well bring the need back for mother ships and good crews to manage the ships.

But again two groups would hate this: anti space (me) and of course pirates.

Last edited:
Kind of funny but I think the only one with this idea was mine and for some odd reason no one likes it -- mostly the pirates which again is sad since it shows that the only reason they play in space is so they can steal real money from others who had to deposit to collect such supplies in hopes they can hit it big and withdraw back into real money.

And yes, such a system would cause hell in space which again many pointed out should be to manage the economy. Right now loot costs to transport is really only the cost of fuel. Which many say is not good for EU and why we need pirates. Odd logic. But if we made space PVP mob lootable then well all the ideas of why we would need space is set in place due to the cost and hassle to move items planet to planet which would, more or less, stabilize the economy again. Mob lootable space would as well bring the need back for mother ships and good crews to manage the ships.

But again two groups would hate this: anti space (me) and of course pirates.

I think that if they would put some PVE into space without lootable, a great deal more players would come and give things like quad hunting a try.

Even if they did something like put a non-lootable zone into the middle of space (opposite of what it's like on planet) that concerned people could purchase passage to on a mothership.

Tweakit a little, aned you're golden.

Time to put my input here

First off the system is good but it just needs a couple of minor tweak.. otherwise, I say this i a very plausible system. here are the tweaks

1. Make the Battle zone/safeone euidistant so if it is 04. in the battle zone 9Lootable pVP) and 0.2 in the safe zone that means that using the simple forumla of 1 au every 2 minutes this give3s you about 15 second in the safe zone and 30 in the lootable. so why not just equal it out.. 30 second till you hit the Lottable pVP zone at a planet, then another 30 to get through it..

i would leav ethe rest alone..

2. Add in defense systems aroun and only the space station and the stations would only take out Negatively rated quads.. not positive ones.. so that way it keeps campers from camping the station and allows the player to get to the PVP zone and thus allow the pirate or mugger to attack from said PVP battle zone.. All loot would go to the pK'er but there would incur a little royalty to the PP. Not a ad idea..

3. For the Pirates base it woud be the flip side of the station. This time the piratated could camp anm loot other pirates9Backstabbing 0 or other pirate groups.. also make the interior of said pbase part lootable and non lootable PVP if you so choose, but leave some areas open for traffic/Trading

Then there's my fave, the BLACK MAREKET! Pirates need money too you know, so in a manner of speaking if they can't TT it at the planetary station they could tT it at a non aligned station or... They could take it to the pirate base and put it up on the black market.. that way they cancontrol the markets as well and it would be shop as you go..

If a good player wanted to buy from a pirate he or she could but this time there would be a transfer fee(The usual 2/56 ped for 12//Immediate.. and it would be what is lootable now.. if a Pirate wanted to put up a gun or other things like armor they could but the good player buying would have to go through the AH to get it from the black market..

And finally Have mob areas as you stated but then throw in random wandering mobs in space.. So yeah there would be Hunting zones but then of ocurse there could be mobs outside these zones.. but at a lower spawn rate.. would entice people to hunt in the non training PVE zones and leave the PVP hunting zones to those who are brave nough.

and finally Make space bigger.. Give the folks the option to warp jusm which could take minutes such as warp vehicles (Mother ships privateers and warp quakes/Other warp ships and yes the pirates can mine the battle zzones if they want.. but then the mines would have to be crafted (As they are now, but would linger up to an hour before being deactivated and removed.. gives a whole new meaning to mine sweeeping (The quads could shoot the mines and destroy thembut the pirates coouelthen drop more mines.. also make the mines easier to craft..

as for the non warp vehicles it would take a few hours to ge ther.. this would also make a player decide of 'should i go get it and risk the loss, or buy it over th auction wait the time and get it on the AH with the exception of the black market the wait would be 3 hours for the 6 ped and 12 for the 2 ped payments..

And of course let's upbringing weapons.. Lasers are passe and bLP shouldn't work in space.. My favorite.. Misses and Particle beams and rail guns! Oh y! Weaspons like these would be crafted are limited and actually sell able for all those arm dealers.. onthe missles you could make my favorite thing. decoys! yep and the decoys could be used by a player (IN the front/back seat to drop to thwart said missles and thus force the Decoy dispenser skill prices up..

I mean wouldn't it be inteesting to see thesetype of space battles..?

I mean how would you like to dodge ALL THAT???!!!! good luck you're gonna need it..

but there you go, the tweaks needed to make this game more alluring and more intersting both in PVE and PVP..

Have fun!

(Sg.) Benjamin "Ben" Coyote , IFN Marines,
a.k.a "The blind Sniper"and (His_Dog_Spot)

1. Make the Battle zone/safeone euidistant so if it is 04. in the battle zone 9Lootable pVP) and 0.2 in the safe zone that means that using the simple forumla of 1 au every 2 minutes this give3s you about 15 second in the safe zone and 30 in the lootable. so why not just equal it out.. 30 second till you hit the Lottable pVP zone at a planet, then another 30 to get through it..

i would leav ethe rest alone..

This sort of thing would end up getting tweaked a few times I guess. I'm hearing more and more that there are people who are interested in PVP in general and space PVP in particular that would be a lot happier to give it a shot if the incentives were not entirely one sided.

Most of us would like it if it wasn't wrapped around a planet, but I think that whatever they do, it will take longer to get through it than the timeout period. Like you I think smaller would be better.

I just don't think MA will let us get out of the planet with only 30 seconds exposure.

2. Add in defense systems aroun and only the space station and the stations would only take out Negatively rated quads.. not positive ones.. so that way it keeps campers from camping the station and allows the player to get to the PVP zone and thus allow the pirate or mugger to attack from said PVP battle zone.. All loot would go to the pK'er but there would incur a little royalty to the PP. Not a ad idea..

Everybody seems to love this idea. FIX KARMA TO THE AVATAR!!

3. For the Pirates base it woud be the flip side of the station. This time the piratated could camp anm loot other pirates9Backstabbing 0 or other pirate groups.. also make the interior of said pbase part lootable and non lootable PVP if you so choose, but leave some areas open for traffic/Trading

Then there's my fave, the BLACK MAREKET! Pirates need money too you know, so in a manner of speaking if they can't TT it at the planetary station they could tT it at a non aligned station or... They could take it to the pirate base and put it up on the black market.. that way they cancontrol the markets as well and it would be shop as you go..

If a good player wanted to buy from a pirate he or she could but this time there would be a transfer fee(The usual 2/56 ped for 12//Immediate.. and it would be what is lootable now.. if a Pirate wanted to put up a gun or other things like armor they could but the good player buying would have to go through the AH to get it from the black market..

Man that is the first time I have heard that. That is actually a very cool idea. Pirate turrets friendly to negative karma at howling mine, and maybe an auction there that you can't get to from any other auction terminal.

I'm not sure about making it accessible for a fee. I sort of like that you would have to get past the pirates and the evil turrets to use it. If such a use came with maybe a little bit of negative karma ^^

Player karma should have a visible value, and activities limited by level. It would have far more applications than just on ships in space.

And finally Have mob areas as you stated but then throw in random wandering mobs in space.. So yeah there would be Hunting zones but then of ocurse there could be mobs outside these zones.. but at a lower spawn rate.. would entice people to hunt in the non training PVE zones and leave the PVP hunting zones to those who are brave nough.

Random small mobs are great.

We could also have high HP mobs that do things like sort of hover around but head for the nearest PVP zone if under attack. No aggression, a defensive sort of attack they fire backwards, and you have to chase them down for a bit to finish the kill.

I think pretty much the only place we have mobs with this sort of behavior is tiny birds?

I think people would also like knowing that at any given time in space, there are at least one or two of the mothership size mobs rambling around. Not really limited to an area. Maybe you find it in red PVP, or yellow PVP, or just PVE.

and finally Make space bigger.. Give the folks the option to warp jusm which could take minutes such as warp vehicles (Mother ships privateers and warp quakes/Other warp ships and yes the pirates can mine the battle zzones if they want.. but then the mines would have to be crafted (As they are now, but would linger up to an hour before being deactivated and removed.. gives a whole new meaning to mine sweeeping (The quads could shoot the mines and destroy thembut the pirates coouelthen drop more mines.. also make the mines easier to craft..

as for the non warp vehicles it would take a few hours to ge ther.. this would also make a player decide of 'should i go get it and risk the loss, or buy it over th auction wait the time and get it on the AH with the exception of the black market the wait would be 3 hours for the 6 ped and 12 for the 2 ped payments..

I like my time, and I don't like waiting for a bus to play the game. This would really frustrate me, but maybe that's not a 100% bad thing ;) Each time space expanded I've gotten used to it pretty quickly - with just a bit of grumbling.

And of course let's upbringing weapons.. Lasers are passe and bLP shouldn't work in space.. My favorite.. Misses and Particle beams and rail guns! Oh y! Weaspons like these would be crafted are limited and actually sell able for all those arm dealers.. onthe missles you could make my favorite thing. decoys! yep and the decoys could be used by a player (IN the front/back seat to drop to thwart said missles and thus force the Decoy dispenser skill prices up..

I mean wouldn't it be inteesting to see thesetype of space battles..?

I mean how would you like to dodge ALL THAT???!!!! good luck you're gonna need it..

I would be so happy if I had something besides a rocket launcher on my VTOL. I have no problem with binary liquid propellant in space one of the liquids will be an oxidizer so it's not like gunpowder.

I'll take a rail gun, tyvm :lift:

Thanks for taking the time Ben that was a pretty good read. I haven't heard anybody really talk about creating an ecosystem for those who develop their negative karma. I think that if MA would change the way they have currently implemented karma we could enjoy a lot more use of the system.

I went through a phase where I hunted a lot of cosmics in space using a limited quad, the risk was balanced because back then after a global you could press t and end up at the space station to tt loot. It was still risky, but also exciting too. Sadly MA stopped us T-ing to the SS.

I got robbed a few times, but mainly I did ok avoiding the pirates. There was even a small period it rained ESI's which covered those losses anyway.

I've not hunted in space for a couple of years, although I would assume that converting any shrapnel looted to ammo, reduces the risks of being robbed for most of your returns.

To be fair I really enjoyed those space hunts, it was edge of your seat stuff out in the wild west so to speak. I don't really care for the PVP side of space, although if there was an area of space we could hunt that wasn't PVP and we could use storage I would love to go back to space hunting.

Just my few pecs.

Rick

Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

Changes

Defense turrets are now activated on every space station. If you shoot a person in space, you become an outlaw for 24 hours and will be unable to enter space station safe zone, unless you enjoy getting shot to shreds. You can now safely enter planet only outside of safe zone or via teleporter on space station. As an outlaw, you will be spawned in PVP zone when leaving the planet.

Previous announcement

Ignore the changes, we figured that without ability to camp inside the space station safe zone and without a fix to VTOL flight speed exploit in space the forum and support system would be flooded with tears and we spent all the tissue on ubers for this fiscal year.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minu

... you could make my favorite thing. decoys! yep and the decoys could be used by a player (IN the front/back seat to drop to thwart said missles and thus force the Decoy dispenser skill prices up..
Nice ideas! I had one about decoys in space here (#31):
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pace-in-June&p=3369854&viewfull=1#post3369854

General space proposal:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?291102-YASP-v-2-(Yet-Another-Space-Proposal)

Can't +rep OP anymore, many good ideas from you lately. I'm maybe skeptical about the lootable people thing, I believe it would become rather a disincentive for anyone but the strongest avatars to enter a pvp zone as those would just clear everybody else out upon sight -- now at least they need to consider whether it's worth it. But keep 'em coming :)

Last edited:
Idling Around Calypso

3840 x 2160 @ imgur:

Space, like compets is something too complex for Mindark to do. Like compets, lets just get rid of it, make up some deeds and hand em out to the mothership owners... then just make every planet a new 'continent' rather than a full planet as it is now... Mindark's decided it's got projects too damn big for their britches to handle, lets follow that to its logical conclusion and put this space thing that everyone's always complaining about behind us.

It has, and never will live up to the originally stated goals... so delete it.

Space, like compets is something too complex for Mindark to do.

No this exists, it's already here. There's pictures :lolup:

Like compets, lets just get rid of it, make up some deeds and hand em out to the mothership owners... then just make every planet a new 'continent' rather than a full planet as it is now...

Immersions is, in the end, a personal decision. When I arrived in the entropia universe the same teleporter that took me to Chug's hideout would happily take me to CND, CP, or Rocktropia if I liked.

Whether you want to call it a "different planet" or just a "different server" that's ok with me. "Continent" and "land area" work too. I'm here to play. If I have to leave atmosphere, fly through space, and enter another atmosphere I'm happy to call it another planet. YMMV.

Having my stuff stolen and my equipment damaged on the way doesn't make that any more, or less the case. Merged economic data is a bigger obstacle to this than pirates.

Mindark's decided it's got projects too damn big for their britches to handle, lets follow that to its logical conclusion and put this space thing that everyone's always complaining about behind us.

It has, and never will live up to the originally stated goals... so delete it.

I can't agree. Farewell Compets, get some guys on space. One change and space will start filling up with players.
Once they are there, they can talk about what they want, instead of what they hate about it and why they won't ever go.

Compets only ever took from EU, and its' players. The comparison is pretty far off base IMO.

The truth (fair enough this is my opinion) is that formally admitting they're done with compets is a good and confidence building move for MA. Demonstrating that they're able to do it in such a way that they've obviously considered both the past and future loyalty of the investors who have loved and supported their other products shows their commitment to NOT pass the entirety of this failure on to EU Players.

Some people are tremendously hurt and it's off topic here to analyze what happens when someone's dreams are tied into a business venture that someone else is in charge of. Compets was a risk and it failed. That hardly comprises a death knell for EU, and I think it increases confidence in ways that more than a few players are simply unable to see right now.

Let's get on with Entropia Universe now.

Double post. Sorry

and it's off topic here to analyze what happens when someone's dreams are tied into a business venture that someone else is in charge of. .

not at all off topic. Mindark's current space in game falls far below the original vision, very similar to how taming falls far below what compet promised....
6-a: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

not at all off topic. Mindark's current space in game falls far below the original vision, very similar to how taming falls far below what compet promised....

6-a: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

The only thing really missing from that list is asteroid mining, and this thread is very much about wanting them to finish that.

There aren't quite so many active/manned stations as there might have been in motherships. Meh.

They've described at least one other system since that announcement that has never made it to fruition, however it seems to be following along an established MA path.

"Compets failed, they should delete space" is just a little much. Really.

Compets is over, they should finish space. And open it up for use.

Back