FEN Fifteen Year Entropia Event!

Since this thread got hit with "fuck tons" of bitterness I've been avoiding it. I come here this morning and see some lengthy and obviously considered posts from Evey, and TBH I'm surprised. Also appreciative.

I still don't see this. Certain people who consider themselves 'ubers' are, perhaps a little over defensive, IMO.

Not a jab at you there, Evey, either. The thing is most players don't care, and that's frustrating for people who want recognition. The amounts of money in this game are slowly straightening out, it's not able to persist as a playground for the incredibly rich, and survive. New players want cool low level stuff. Mid level players want cool mid level stuff. This is in no way a desire to "Bring the Ubers down".

The people that had 10k USD to put on the line for a few weeks entertainment just aren't here in significant numbers any more. The people that stayed and got their items moved into deeds want that environment back, but it's not likely, IMO, to ever happen again.

What I see instead is that a great many players are far past their early days, jaded and frustrated, and have crossed the line from lifting themselves up to holding others down.

A Sollomate Azuro FEN edition does not devaluate the terminator. A little Shogun Armor FEN Editions doesn't break any armor markets. People who want good gear and nice items are trying to feel like they're achieving something, or being rewarded as well. It's got nothing to do with what's going on between competitive players at level 100 - 120.

The truth is it's obvious that there's less people, and less money in game. No matter how hard MA have tried to balance items over the years, when people leave the game in droves, devaluation will accelerate.

Making the game suck/hard for new and mid-level players does not encourage them to advance. It encourages them to find something fun to do with their free time. And if new and mid-level players aren't here spending money - what have 'the ubers' got to compete for?

So I'm standing here, on the other side of the fence, and feeling pretty much the same as you about the situation. I don't understand the resentment, and surely not the hate.

It seems to me like the people who consider themselves ubers here would rather have the game die for lack of participation, than to see other people having fun without their level of "fuck tons". And I don't understand it.

It's not any one person, there's a lot of it. No personal attacks are intended here but IMO the issue deserves some discussion. I just haven't been able to figure out how to start that discussion without things like having my tracker posted, etcetera...

I don't want to be 'uber'. I'm not jealous. I'm not interested. I understand that there is a whole game out there for people who want to put 6 figures on the line and compete. I understand how that's good for one aspect of the game. I'm happy to congratulate the winners, and console the losers.

What I'm NOT happy to do is have a fifteen year anniversary event where 90% of players have nothing to do with it except harvest some tokens and sell to ubers. I hope that if this is the format, it's instanced and I can avoid it. And that has NOTHING to do with wishing harm or any ill will towards any player, uber or otherwise.

It's being upset about a game publisher who provides nothing to reward players who are 'grinding' at their game of choice, spending money and supporting those ubers, for playing their game.

There IS a lot of bitterness around here, and plenty of personal baggage. Evey honestly I appreciate your time and effort to explain a little about where you're coming from today. Some of my favorite people in this game have been hardcore grinders and I've nothing against grinders or, FFS, 'ubers' - it's just not my game.

I mean, you don't have to play in the NFL to appreciate the hard work and dedication of an NFL player. You don't have to pay NFL Certified Prices to get your kid a football. You absolutely 100% do not have to be in the NFL to discuss football, and if you did the whole thing would fail to exist.

Most importantly, you never, ever see NFL players down at local parks on the weekend telling little leaguers and touch football hobbyist that they should stop it and go home because it's offensive to the players that have made it into the NFL for them to treat football like it's some "casual game".

How about some FEN commemorative clothing. A poster for some of my many walls? A silly little vehicle toy like the witches' broom or something? Anything for a crafter, or a beauty professional?

Maybe darkarukis' swirl changer, though it's probably late to start on that.

All they're giving us is guns and chips. And those are mostly high level. I'd say that MA is listening to the 'ubers' more than they individually feel or think. And I think that a lot of wanting to get ahead by new players is maybe being taken as "trying to pull down" the ubers.

Maybe this is all wrong and when they finally announce the event they're going to flood EU With FEN items in every class and type. Who knows, it's MA. See you there.

Wow just Wow.what lovely post.something nice for each lvl.++++ rep to u

Last edited:
Since this thread got hit with "fuck tons" of bitterness I've been avoiding it. I come here this morning and see some lengthy and obviously considered posts from Evey, and TBH I'm surprised. Also appreciative.

I still don't see this. Certain people who consider themselves 'ubers' are, perhaps a little over defensive, IMO.

Not a jab at you there, Evey, either. The thing is most players don't care, and that's frustrating for people who want recognition. The amounts of money in this game are slowly straightening out, it's not able to persist as a playground for the incredibly rich, and survive. New players want cool low level stuff. Mid level players want cool mid level stuff. This is in no way a desire to "Bring the Ubers down".

The people that had 10k USD to put on the line for a few weeks entertainment just aren't here in significant numbers any more. The people that stayed and got their items moved into deeds want that environment back, but it's not likely, IMO, to ever happen again.

What I see instead is that a great many players are far past their early days, jaded and frustrated, and have crossed the line from lifting themselves up to holding others down.

A Sollomate Azuro FEN edition does not devaluate the terminator. A little Shogun Armor FEN Editions doesn't break any armor markets. People who want good gear and nice items are trying to feel like they're achieving something, or being rewarded as well. It's got nothing to do with what's going on between competitive players at level 100 - 120.

The truth is it's obvious that there's less people, and less money in game. No matter how hard MA have tried to balance items over the years, when people leave the game in droves, devaluation will accelerate.

Making the game suck/hard for new and mid-level players does not encourage them to advance. It encourages them to find something fun to do with their free time. And if new and mid-level players aren't here spending money - what have 'the ubers' got to compete for?

So I'm standing here, on the other side of the fence, and feeling pretty much the same as you about the situation. I don't understand the resentment, and surely not the hate.

It seems to me like the people who consider themselves ubers here would rather have the game die for lack of participation, than to see other people having fun without their level of "fuck tons". And I don't understand it.

It's not any one person, there's a lot of it. No personal attacks are intended here but IMO the issue deserves some discussion. I just haven't been able to figure out how to start that discussion without things like having my tracker posted, etcetera...

I don't want to be 'uber'. I'm not jealous. I'm not interested. I understand that there is a whole game out there for people who want to put 6 figures on the line and compete. I understand how that's good for one aspect of the game. I'm happy to congratulate the winners, and console the losers.

What I'm NOT happy to do is have a fifteen year anniversary event where 90% of players have nothing to do with it except harvest some tokens and sell to ubers. I hope that if this is the format, it's instanced and I can avoid it. And that has NOTHING to do with wishing harm or any ill will towards any player, uber or otherwise.

It's being upset about a game publisher who provides nothing to reward players who are 'grinding' at their game of choice, spending money and supporting those ubers, for playing their game.

There IS a lot of bitterness around here, and plenty of personal baggage. Evey honestly I appreciate your time and effort to explain a little about where you're coming from today. Some of my favorite people in this game have been hardcore grinders and I've nothing against grinders or, FFS, 'ubers' - it's just not my game.

I mean, you don't have to play in the NFL to appreciate the hard work and dedication of an NFL player. You don't have to pay NFL Certified Prices to get your kid a football. You absolutely 100% do not have to be in the NFL to discuss football, and if you did the whole thing would fail to exist.

Most importantly, you never, ever see NFL players down at local parks on the weekend telling little leaguers and touch football hobbyist that they should stop it and go home because it's offensive to the players that have made it into the NFL for them to treat football like it's some "casual game".

How about some FEN commemorative clothing. A poster for some of my many walls? A silly little vehicle toy like the witches' broom or something? Anything for a crafter, or a beauty professional?

All they're giving us is guns and chips. And those are mostly high level. I'd say that MA is listening to the 'ubers' more than they individually feel or think. And I think that a lot of wanting to get ahead by new players is maybe being taken as "trying to pull down" the ubers.

Maybe this is all wrong and when they finally announce the event they're going to flood EU With FEN items in every class and type. Who knows, it's MA. See you there.

You must spread some rep.....

Besides that, the ubers have no chance. The biggest prize will go to a player that is 4 months old.

Game is too expensive.
I want the armor the chip and 1 gun for my level and want everyone else to have it.

NO FINDERS to miners ;/
Shame!

post interesting, being an old player of 2003 and having lived the Ten and SGA know that the beautiful items were much loot by the same people who loot rare objects.
for the Ten I was at the time equip with improved M2870 and angel set M and chase monsters ~ lvl30 to 70 current and I can tell you that I do not keep a good memory.
on the same monsters I sent people collected in masses of super sga items and in spite of my efforts and a deposit 100kped + this year the I was rewarded with no interesting Sga object.
the difference it may be on the fact that it is tokens and not items directly but I doubt

Am I the only one questioning what that adjusted FAP is even doing there? With below average durability it has at best a slightly better eco than FAP-110 but the hps equivalent of a gyro combat FAP - 40.

Oh well I suppose an option is better than none but I would think that event items that you, supposedly, have to work a bit for would be better than something you can pick up for almost no mu.

Am I the only one questioning what that adjusted FAP is even doing there? With below average durability it has at best a slightly better eco than FAP-110 but the hps equivalent of a gyro combat FAP - 40.

Oh well I suppose an option is better than none but I would think that event items that you, supposedly, have to work a bit for would be better than something you can pick up for almost no mu.

Isn't there a mission that allows you to upgrade it?

NO FINDERS to miners ;/
Shame!

I'm pretty sure that this vendor is only a preview of one part of what will happen.

OK, maybe not sure, but I'm pretty hopeful ...

post interesting, being an old player of 2003 and having lived the Ten and SGA know that the beautiful items were much loot by the same people who loot rare objects.
for the Ten I was at the time equip with improved M2870 and angel set M and chase monsters ~ lvl30 to 70 current and I can tell you that I do not keep a good memory.
on the same monsters I sent people collected in masses of super sga items and in spite of my efforts and a deposit 100kped + this year the I was rewarded with no interesting Sga object.
the difference it may be on the fact that it is tokens and not items directly but I doubt

Yeah I don't think there's even been an event where MA really flooded the server with with guns, armor, FAPs, finders, etc...

Anyways I went and read the SGA announcement, and some other stuff from that time. It was definitely not "all roses" around here. I was gone for TEN and TBH didn't feel like I missed anything. If mobs are dropping gear or SOOTO is happening, I won't be avoiding the game. But i won't expect my luck with the RNG to result in any items for me.

If regular planetside mobs are dropping tokens, I can't imagine I'll be doing anything but selling them on.

I'm hoping that there will be a bunch of fun stuff. As for event gear, my expectations with or without that vendor are basically zero, just based on my past experience and a little bit of self-protective pessimism. But you know, the kind of crap they give us for christmas and that sort of thing would be cool for this.

FEN shirts would be nice. Maybe some kind of box that hold a lot of stuff. No joke about the posters. People dig momentos, too, and they don't unbalance the game. For an event of this magnitude (15 years a single MMO!) there should be something that people can show or use in the future to remember the time.

An avatar locked outfit would cause so much complaints from people who want to sell a free gift for a PED LOL. But it would be HUGE and everyone will be wearing it while we check out what's in the TWEN vendor, and you know it ;). A solid, displayable badge of "I was there" that doesn't require an estate and can't be bought.

Maybe a commemorative whistle for the old 'retired' players that are coaches now :)

Grinder events are fine for holidays and occasional giggles. It's understood it's the main competitive format of the game, and people enjoy having that format broadened. But the game is not YET a straight FPS mob grinder and very few MMO have celebrated a fifteenth anniversary. I hope they choose to celebrate a little more of what people are still doing here for this particular event.

As for the FEN vendor here and the items on display:

... The biggest prize will go to a player that is 4 months old ...

:lolup:

I'm sure the drama and the 'leaderboards' will be fun to watch. Is there anything here good enough that an (as yet) unannounced and unscheduled event will impact planning and stockpiling for mayhem?

I'm also honestly excited to see gear for a level 120 bracket showing up, and that's even though I don't have a solid expectation to see level 100 myself :ahh: If there's more than 10 - 20 players that have level 120+ in a hunting profession I think they deserve a place to truly stand out, and it adds someplace for the growing pool of level 100+ competitors to keep looking UP.

In any case, I think this vendor is just a hint. No need for final analysis of the event yet.

Hopefully it's just a preview, it needs a much larger and wider range of items for hunters of all levels. Also a range of items for miners, and how about some stuff for crafters?

I wasn't questioning, since I'm not up to your speed regarding FAP stats :D Maybe it indicates that a lot of players are settling near these levels and MA thinks more 'decent' options are good enough right now without adding to devaluation issues or trying to balance in another superFAP?

This might be a sign that more than a few people are looking for, that tokens will be plentiful and at least some of these objects will be attainable for the average or casual player.

There's no rule that says a commemorative item has to be the best item, or every new item has to be better than the ones before. In fact that's part of how you get horrible gear creep and a huge pool of end-gamers watching noobs pay to surpass them in competition.

I literally just recently found out there was a TP Chip II TEN edition. I'd love to have that. Again a total luxury item with basically zero impact to game balance. But with the MV and the rapid flipping going on for what seems to be one or two chips right now - it will continue to be a reminder that "event prizes" are not for me ;)

In no way does that chip provide value to justify a multi kiloPED markup even trying to look out over the next decade of heavy use. There could be a lot more of this kind of stuff, and tons of players would be happy with it.

Guys (and gals ofc) I've only been really active here again for three or four months now but as many of you can tell I've put a lot of thought onto this topic and many related topics in this time. It's not really off topic to this thread to point out that a recurring note with any mention of SGA, TEN, or other 'events' of this type is really a bunch of bitterness.

It's really fine to have a tournament to celebrate the spirit of the event and all of that but really it seems to me like we have tournaments, mob invasions and competitions all year long. IMO fifteen years is something to celebrate, not so just throw fuel on the fires that the game and the community are already struggling with. I don't know what they have planned and I'm being careful to point that out repeatedly, I'm trying to be optimistic.

In the end, someone at MindArk needs to take a good long look at the difference between a CELEBRATION and a COMPETITION.

i mentioned the shirts and crap enough times already. But I think there are plenty of players in this game that will tell you how much TEN or SGA didn't mean anything to them, or how much and how hard they tried to get nothing while the same old names got all the good stuff and basically made a ton of PED reselling it.

A lot of these players, honest to god, would have an entirely different attitude here 5 or even 10 years down the road if they could put on their SGA outfit and tell stories about how much fun they had hunting or mining for "the good stuff" during the event while they show off their 'old-timer badge' down at icarus or SSI.

No kidding at all they could put a fully bound UL rubio on every existing player account and every perma-sweater in EU Would feel like they were part of one of the best MMO celebrations ever. And not a single uber-weapon would be devalued a PEC.

It would eat some MV off the current noob loot table but they could up protons and have a lot more people working up dual professions for an interesting side effect on both decay and avatar robustness.

Anyways that's a bit extreme but I hope you see my point. There's plenty of things we can do to celebrate without having to compete amongst ourselves. And MA has a choice (again) whether to stir up a bunch burning flames to commemorate their fifteenth year, or hit us with a refreshing blast of ANYTHING else, even if it's just silly fun.

I have my fingers crossed. LOL. As for the FAPs, maybe it's a good sign. And as for the wall of text, sorry i guess that's my thing right now.

Still no info about this event ?

Still no info about this event ?

The event structure is already finalized, and will be announced next week. However, we appreciate the suggestions, and will consider implementing some of them during the event.
Posted: 10-05-2018, 16:52

Probably soon, less than 5 workhours left of this week

Back