Halloween Mayhem 2018 Preview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/bulletin/buzz/2018/10/26/halloween-mayhem-2018-cover-preview-960-mq.jpg"][/URL]

[h=2]Halloween Mayhem 2018 Preview[/h]Event Dates

• October 30, 14:00 UTC - Annihilation practice arena opens.
  • November 2, 14:00 UTC - Survival practice arena opens.
  • November 2, 14:00 UTC - Annihilation and Survival events begin.
  • November 14, 14:00 UTC - Annihilation and Survival events end.

Annihilation Mode
  • Eliminate Halloween Zombie Mutants to accumulate as many points as possible in 15 hours.
  • Once your 15-hour run is complete, your score is finalized and recorded. You can then start a new run to try to improve upon your previously-recorded score. The score from a new run is only recorded if it is higher than the previously-recorded score.
  • Same categories and restrictions as Summer Mayhem.
  • Annihilation Practice Area - Loot Halloween Strongboxes while practicing! No level restrictions. Teams are required to enter (but one can be solo in the instance).

Survival Mode
  • Survive for as long as you can against increasingly dangerous stages of Zombie Mutants and Dogs.
  • Dying, disconnecting or leaving will end the instance. Score will be recorded at the moment of disconnect/death.
  • Each stage consists of 10 phases. On phases 3, 6 and 9 there will be a capture point that must be reached within 45 seconds, and held for 15 seconds. Failing hold the capture point ends the instance.
  • Randomly placed pumpkins containing various buffs appear periodically. Beware that some pumpkins are tricks, rather than treats, and will result in a debuff instead.
  • Volatile Barrels - Destructible objects that deal damage to all nearby enemies. PED spent on destroying the barrel is transferred to the loot of creatures damaged by the explosion.
  • Survival Practice Area - Loot Halloween Strongboxes while practicing! Same layout and features as the competitive survival instances. Teams are required to enter (but one can be solo in the instance). If any team member dies inside the instance or leaves, the instance is ended.
  • Survival Mode has multiple sound cues, so it is advantageous to have sound enabled.

Missions/Achievements
  • The repeatable mission from the Halloween Mayhem 2017 event will be removed after this year’s event so be sure to complete your missions this year.
  • Point awards per creature have been adjusted based on the new creature parameters for this year’s event.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds pretty dope!

inb4 all the whining

Here we go!!

Thank you, MA, for making it 15 hours rather than 20. That is significantly more doable. The downside is the unlimited repeatable factor, making it very much in favor of people who can shoot continuously throughout the entire event.

I'm also glad to see defense mode back! :yay:

Shame it has been changed :(

Halloween was the one and only event I liked participating in.

Ah well

Will adapt I suppose, but positively no chance to win now.

Er, what repeatable mission? Can't find it...

And what about the Halloween Ring specs?

wow halloweener event

High end grinder event, good luck all participants :)

For all others, GL looting the boxes in practice mode.

Have some fun!

so one run = 15 hours? that means i complete 15 hours once and get 10k points. then i do it again and get 12k points so now the 12k points count? and if my second run doesnt complete 15 hours its irrelevant? or is it normalized like the years before?

lol calm down mate, have a cup of tea or something. This doesnt matter at all. Itsa halloween themed event, who cares about the dates.

Might as well give us Halloween themed event in July then. Just stupid :scratch2:

so one run = 15 hours? that means i complete 15 hours once and get 10k points. then i do it again and get 12k points so now the 12k points count? and if my second run doesnt complete 15 hours its irrelevant? or is it normalized like the years before?

It means the first. Not the 2nd.

so one run = 15 hours. that means if you complete 15 hours once and get 10k points. then do it again and get 12k points, now the 12k points count only. and if your second run doesnt complete 15 hours or scored under the previous score its irrelevant.

These rules sound quite good actually. At least they learned from the previous defence event.

Worth to give it a shot for sure.

I'll save the whining for later ;)

These rules sound quite good actually. At least they learned from the previous defence event.

Worth to give it a shot for sure.

I'll save the whining for later ;)

Yea it really sounds like they resolved a LOT of not all of the issues with defence! Sounds like a blast. I love the defence cat the most so far even though we only got to try it that once. It's a lot more fun and interesting.

Too bad it's dated at a completely stupid and ridiculous time for a halloween event though.

Too bad it's dated at a completely stupid and ridiculous time for a halloween event though.

Well it starts on the 30th October with the Anniliation practice that is Halloween themed....I do believe Halloween falls on the 31st October....so technically the event starts before Halloween and continues through.

However do feel free to not participate on the grounds that you are have nothing better to do than complain and whine....no one will miss you.

On the plus side, this seems like it may actually be a good event and they have taken some advice from PCF forum posters over the last few events.

Well it starts on the 30th October with the Anniliation practice that is Halloween themed....I do believe Halloween falls on the 31st October....so technically the event starts before Halloween and continues through.

However do feel free to not participate on the grounds that you are have nothing better to do than complain and whine....no one will miss you.

On the plus side, this seems like it may actually be a good event and they have taken some advice from PCF forum posters over the last few events.

Practice starts on the 30th, we can PRETEND to do the event during Halloween, but when the event actually starts Halloween is over.

All I do is complain? The post you are quoting is my complimenting the event...

I am going to participate and win Cat 2 again. Like I said this is my favorite event type and it's a lot of fun. The fact that it's not a Halloween event even though it's marketed as one is something I am allowed to think is stupid, but I can still enjoy the event.

Don't be so negative. Sheesh

I know right?! How fucking retarded to start a Halloween event on the day before Halloween.

I know right?! How fucking retarded to start a Halloween event on the day before Halloween.

Practice starts on the 30th, we can PRETEND to do the event during Halloween, but when the event actually starts Halloween is over.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Sounds pretty awesome! Excited to see what the prizes are going to be!

Good job guys!

The pratice is the start of the whole event you twit, you are not pretending to do anything, it is a way to prepare for actually competing in the main event.

By your logic i guess i should call my friends and tell them the Halloween party has to change from the following weekend to this weekend as otherwise Halloween is over so we cannot dress up.

No really guys, this PCF forum poster told me that you cannot do anything Halloween themed outside of Halloween....no seriously this guy is legit...no i don't really know who he is...hes not an idiot i swear.....guys, guys??

Reactions: jak
Sounds pretty awesome! Excited to see what the prizes are going to be!

Good job guys!

I think the same token values as before?

Same categories and restrictions as Summer Mayhem.
That might also mean same rewards, but who knows maybe they upped it a bit or balanced it better.

The pratice is the start of the whole event you twit, you are not pretending to do anything, it is a way to prepare for actually competing in the main event.

By your logic i guess i should call my friends and tell them the Halloween party has to change from the following weekend to this weekend as otherwise Halloween is over so we cannot dress up.

No really guys, this PCF forum poster told me that you cannot do anything Halloween themed outside of Halloween....no seriously this guy is legit...no i don't really know who he is...hes not an idiot i swear.....guys, guys??

Celebrating Halloween on Halloween is normal. Having a 'practice party' for your real halloween party on the 30th, then doing the real party on the 2nd, is weird as fuck. Yea. If you're going to do an analogy, do it with the entire set of data please.

Also no need to start taking it personally Revan... It's just halloween man.

Cool format, good job, you worked hard on it, fixing things here and there :wtg:

lol this MF has zero chill. :laugh:

Never have I laughed so hard on a forum post, I was thinking the same and then I saw your troll, thinking what the heck? NOT YOU TOO Detritus, but then... :headbang:

Cool format, good job, you worked hard on it, fixing things here and there :wtg:

Never have I laughed so hard on a forum post, I was thinking the same and then I saw your troll, thinking what the heck? NOT YOU TOO Detritus, but then... :headbang:

At least someone gets it. I mean it's not even halloween if its in november!

lol yea, but on the bright side, this thread got a full page and a half in before the arguing started, so maybe PCF is improving? ;)

Great! But what are these categories and restrictions? I've never been around for any of the Mayhem events.

Great! But what are these categories and restrictions? I've never been around for any of the Mayhem events.

Here you are, friend:

Event Categories
Cat 1 Cat 2 Cat 3 Cat 4 Cat 5 Cat 6 Cat 7 Cat 8 Cat 9 Cat 10
Prof. level <25 <35 <45 <55 <65 <75 <85 <95 <105 105+
HP Cap 120 130 160 175 190 220 260 300 340 UNL
Max Base DPS 34 48 60 74 82 90 98 104 110 UNL

LHK2vA3.png

Back