Question: Q1 : Storytelling

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
Videogames become a lot of fun by offering a good storytelling. Even in Entropia Universe we had some nice but shy steps into the direction (Hunt the Thing). Playing a good story well placed in the Universe. Scripted Cameras, More immersion than reading text boxes... could improve the gameplay experience so much. Even possible without costing an arm and leg for the players.

Is Mindark or Calypso planning to introduce proper storytelling into EU?

We do indeed intend to put more emphasis on lore and storyline.
In fact, we have a dedicated Game Writer and all-around loremaster (James|MindArk) who has been heavily focused on the Calypso storyline for quite some time now.

We do indeed intend to put more emphasis on lore and storyline.
In fact, we have a dedicated Game Writer and all-around loremaster (James|MindArk) who has been heavily focused on the Calypso storyline for quite some time now.

What does "quite some time now" mean. Because we are STARVED for memorable story and lore here since the days of the robot wars. If they've been there more than a few months I guess my followup question would have to be: Any thoughts to hire someone else to do this? :laugh:

Yeah, we want to see the 'Orbs' return, along with the Umbranoids, and their quaint village.

Not to mention the twin towers at ermm, was it Pandora?

Yeah, we want to see the 'Orbs' return, along with the Umbranoids, and their quaint village.

Not to mention the twin towers at ermm, was it Pandora?

Yeah I'm still waiting for that storyline...among many more.

I also miss how back in the day we had a storyline progression and patch I think it was...every Tuesday or two?

If we had something incremental to look forward to storyline wise on known scheduled times like back in the Project Entropia days, I think it would restore a sense of movement in the game.

Back