Please stop the roller-coaster ride

Gollum_42

Old
Phill No1 Jackson
Has anyone played around with the camera settings and found a way that stops the camera from shooting into space as the mob runs too close, then settling back down as it backs up again, this is making me quite ill.

I have mucked about with vertical heights close and far, have messed about with the vertical camera speed, but it's still a roller coaster ride for most mobs. Why do they even need to run in and bounce off me? if they'd just stop sooner this would probably not be an issue.

Also is it just me or are people finding it hard to loot things? if i use the action key i often end up shooting the next thing instead of looting, if i use the right click it doesn't work maybe 1/5 times and requires multiple right clicks?

The only way I have found to stop this chaos.

Target mob , then use left click to slightly move camera , this now allows your avatar to move independently.

You can now walk , run and avatar will keep target on mob until it is dead.

To me this update could be made so much better if there were a checkbox that allowed the avatar to move independently while targeting. Allow the camera to be controlled by the mouse left click still but allow the original target to do so without moving camera at all.

This to me would be a far superior hunting experience.

Camera movement when at the Auctioneer is also annoying. On RT, lots of terminals are dancing girls, like storage and auctioneer... the camera is following the movements of the dancing terminal, so dumb and annoying...

I think the new Locked Horizontal/Vertical Speed options are meant to address this, but as far as I can tell they don't actually do anything at all. I would much prefer the camera not to move at all, except when I'm controlling it manually.

Camera movement when at the Auctioneer is also annoying. On RT, lots of terminals are dancing girls, like storage and auctioneer... the camera is following the movements of the dancing terminal, so dumb and annoying...

The camera is also following up and down animation of a mining claim. It's just inches but it makes you think about how much you drank already. :laugh:

"Roller coaster ride" is precisely my impression too:

That is horrible.

I had the same when I tried to hunt, and logged out in disgust and despair.

:(

It is such an easy fix.

Look at all the alignment and zoom changes , this one is simply to allow targeting to be independent of camera.

This "roller-coaster view" is of course much more dynamic when hunting flying or very tall mobs. The camera automatically adjusts to include your target in the viewport, which was not so before. I don't suffer from motion sickness but it does introduce a stress factor which tires me out faster during long sessions. I miss the air of tranquility which was there before.

It would slightly improve the situation to at least restore the maximum distance you can zoom out to where it was before, then the vertical angle needed would be smaller.

But ideal would be if it was a choice to switch off the automatic pitch adjustment, i.e. let the player choose to only direct vertical camera angle manually. Or even better, make a slider in options to adjust the amount of automatic camera pitching between 0 and 100%. (Not sure if there could be a desire to do the same for horizontal, but why not try it and see if players find it useful, since it would be very little extra effort. Maybe for recording videos?)

Back