Do you like the new Camera System? (Third Time′s A Charm Edition)

Do you like the new Camera System?

• Yes.

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • No.

Votes: 55 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or in my case.Play a lot more now while others quit so you can earn more money on their weakness.
One can only lose when they stop playing.

Do it and generate some extra PED income on my deeds, which I can withdraw later.

You cant win from someone not losing, but go on and try it.

For me not playing is actually pure profit, and this profit comes from those still playing, so it comes from you too.
Thanks a lot!

I feel so weak atm, really :eyecrazy:

Do it and generate some extra PED income on my deeds, which I can withdraw later.

You cant win from someone not losing, but go on and try it.

For me not playing is actually pure profit, and this profit comes from those still playing, so it comes from you too.
Thanks a lot!

I feel so weak atm, really :eyecrazy:

I'm doing this for 5 years.Never owned a single deed.its my pleasure.

This "flat" view, that makes you hunt seeing only the back of your avatar that hide the mob..
Don't even mention when there is alot of vegetation that hide the mob AND your avatar...

I'm pretty sure that ALOT, if not MOST people, who were used to hunt whith this view, are disapointed now.
But what can they do ?
I've played my mmorpgs in third person view since 2007 (before then I only played strategy games). And since 2007 what I have done about the above issue is change the camera's vertical offset to twice its default (measuring from a flat horizon) and leave it there forever. VU 16 doesn't let me do that. Instead, I can change the vertical offset at least once per kill, or I can live with the shittiness that vu16 provides me. I don't play nearly as often nor as long, and I spend even less than that difference would predict due to frustration, not just with the camera system but also with some of the controls involved in hunting (F fails to loot due to focus shifting when the corpse falls to the ground; F won't cycle through targets til I find one I like; Toggle Auto is a choice of press-and-hold or F, neither of which are ideal, but maybe that issue's just a matter of me adapting; and my healing tools don't trigger reliably, or when they do trigger they may or may not turn off auto use, but either way the result is mobs my own level are completely impractical even in armor).

I'm much too heavily invested in the game now to quit, and my liquidity is still quite low, so I guess I'll take a nice break and track progress via these forums. Hats off to all you brave beta testers... :silly2:

Dream on

They never played their own game, otherwise there wouldn´t have been that camera system.

We may complain forever, I dont think they care as long we still play and pay.

Vote with your wallets, thats the only thing they understand.
A very easy adaptation for me to make, as the new controls tire my hands quickly (I rely too much on typing for my work, so I can't risk carpal tunnel); and the issues with losing target, tool response delay, and spontaneously-deactivating autotool all mean I can't hunt anywhere near my level - which means two things: (a) fewer ped cycled per time played, and (b) less incentive to play (no challenge). So really the vu is self-solving at least for me.

Potato logic here. Whose money are you gonna earn/exploit now when there are very little people to fill the loot pool?

What is their weakness? Is it the money they spend on other things rather than entropia so they want to make MA to fix what they ruined?

They vote with their wallets, so do I. I do not deposit anymore, burn all my UA to be able to withdraw half of my money and buy other games with it. Where do you see weakness here?

It's MA who has never been more weak then now, not the players. Changed things that noone asked to change, ommited the most important questions in AMA, cannot even clearly say what is going to happen with their product in this year. Totally lost new sources of income like compet or deeptoken. It's MA who is weak now, not the players.

One can only really win when stop playing, more money for things that brings me fun after a hard day at job. Why should I support something that does not bring any joy anymore, I do not feel tha I am part of this community anymore.

Maybe when MA will be cut off from financial sources, they will reconsider their attitude towards their product and its users. If not, then whatever, they can sell EU or close the business. I don't care anymore.
In my case, I will finally be able to buy a new and up to date computer :clap: ... and dump the remaining grand into a certain other mmo, I'm probably not supposed to name it here, but that purchase price kind of narrows it down. It's pretty sweet.

In the end, [removed] will be playing around with his own invested money.

For him it's extremely important to have enough suckers in the game and he will do all he can to put the carrot in your face, telling you the sky is the limit just to keep you around.

And it makes sense.
Entropia does need ambassadors to promote entropia and stimulate other players.
The more the merrier, and the more chances it provides.

The problem with him though is that he lacks any empathy and is a total $@#.
But he can't help it. It's just who he is.

Just don't see him as ambassador but as a leech who sucked himself in a tight spot you can't reach to remove him.
Well now I've been quite a fanboy myself when so inspired, but I can't bring myself to promote such a potato...

Th e Only Issues I see with the current new system

Okay after trying this out for the last two weeks, while the system seems perfect it is far from it..

Case in Poiint.. Using the lock on to lock on to "Unreachable Mods' which are father than reachable mobs that are closer..

This iseems to be a minor issue as it seems that the cursor will sometimes lock onto an unreachable mob.. but a simple fisx would make it so that the unreachable mobs could become reachable or something .

Another issue is the isitting gfeature (Yes you can sit) but I did notice that they took out the stand function.. the only issue i see how they could do this is include a stand sit icon..

Otherwise it's a very good system..

so just a few tweaks and I'm good

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Marines
A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot)

Tried a mining run, lets compare old to new system!

I normally just run and drop probes, dont excavate directly. This works well with the new system.

If I dropped enough I normally start to excavate from first claim and use vehicle (a fast one, not a VTOL) to go as fast as possible from one claim to the next.

How it worked befor. Reach a claim jump out of car, equip finder, start excavating with autouse. Have Inventory open to select next claim deed and show on map.

Here is first problem:
Claim map is 4x the size than befor (much to big) and bad positioned, even when moving the map window it takes to much from the screen. If you switch to smaller map size, it does not hold the focus centered on the claim or your position, it goes to bottem left corner of the large window, you lose visibility of claim and your own position. So this isnt an option. To keep map open, as I did befor is not practicable as it is simply to big, which is very anoying while driving to next claim.

While excavating the claim and after checking next claims position at map, I normaly used to place the car directly in front of me and already turning into the direction I have to go to next claim. No longer doable, placing vehicle stops autouse tool, very anoying! Additionally the bad 3rd person (OTS) camera! If you jump out the car 1 sec to early and have to walk just a few steps to the claim, then car isn´t in visible range anymore and cant even interact with it, without moving back to it.

When claim runs dry, I normally jumped into car (perfectly placed in front of in old system), and drive to the next claim. At next claim rinse and repeat.
But there is another problem:
If I jump out of vehicle, equip the excavator and press F, it does not interact with the claim (it should interact with claim first when excavator is equipped), but it interacts with car and you simply reenter it. Not very comfortable.

Next thing is slower run speed. Agility doesn´t count anymore, thats a major anoyance for miners.

On top of that, when I excavate in 3rd person view (autouse) the ground is shaking up and down, and no camera setting I tried solved that problem. This constantly shaking is making me very dizzy and causes headache after a while.

I still dont get what MA thought when they made this new thing, it is so anoying and this VU didn´t really improve it to an standart we have had befor.

What I actually like is seeing the resource in a claim when claim is selected from distance and the mouseover info to the claim deeds in inventory, as you no longer need to view info to know what resource it is.
If they add the claim size to this info, this would be an awesome feature!

Still dont like the new system, as it makes my mining a lot slower than befor.
Losing time at every claim compared to old system.

Thanks MA for your ideas of improving my game experience, but you failed completely!

Think its time to face the facts. This was never a "new camera system for ur PC",that noone asked for. They are planning to go mobile and this is just first step into this new huge $$ project. They know most of us would like them to focus on fixing the core game and stay away from chasing new big dreams but:broke: so for me these polls are kinda pointless cuz they seem to have made up theyr mind on future direction. Sure they will try to fix some things but as long as it will fit in the new mobile entropia game. :idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUkPkOq4BdY

I voted Yes on the other two iterations, particularly last patch it felt like it was going to end up in a good place but I feel the most recent patch made things worse so I actually voted No here and it seems like that is a sentiment felt by other players as well.

I voted Yes on the other two iterations, particularly last patch it felt like it was going to end up in a good place but I feel the most recent patch made things worse so I actually voted No here and it seems like that is a sentiment felt by other players as well.

I don't even know exactly which iteration we are now on, tbh, as I played last Tuesday and then there was another download update iirc where things changed, and since then it appears that the right mouse button seems to have changed yet again, for example, although my fingers and brain are no longer able to properly store what has or has not worked at what time.
I was at least on a partial yes towards the vus overall, thanks to other improvements, but the camera-related and on-screen experience changes.... nope!

edit: as for not liking change, I quite liked the continued focus and shooting while looking around with the camera, but other modes appear to be getting worse rather than better. It could be to do with sliders, but I'd prefer to stop sliding around much each week when I cannot use what I have found for more than a few days anyway.
If it is possible to have instances for testing 10 sets of possible options, or whatever, then please make these available to us for free as a testing ground with a range of weapons available before you further mess around in the live game!

Last edited:
I still get view locked to mouse and then struggle to get out of it.

Is there an option to 'Never lock view with mouse movement?'

Rgds

Ace

I still get view locked to mouse and then struggle to get out of it.

Is there an option to 'Never lock view with mouse movement?'

Rgds

Ace

Yeah, I experience this semi-regularly as well.

I believe it's a bug because I experience it in the past control system as well, there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern as to when it happens, it just happens from time to time.

I voted Yes for the Camera System. But controls still need adjusting.

Aside from a Free to Look mode being added that does not snap back.. v16.0.3 brought some negative changes to Cursor mode controls in my personal opinion.

-Interact in Cursor Mode should be on RMB

-The Camera Free Look that is on Hold LMB should be put on MMB
(I do not see a reason to have a second Freelook mode on MMB that snaps back when released.. single clicking MMB resets camera)

-Select Target should stay on LMB and Interact should be put back on RMB

-Now, when trying to select something and I think I'm Cursor Mode, using LMB..., if I don't notice the game has put me in AIM mode for some reason? Bug? I fire my weapon by mistake.. this happens all too often.
If Interact was on RMB then I would use RMB to target a mob in cursor mode.. but if i was in AIM mode by mistake, at least it would target mob and not fire at nothing into the air as it does now having to use LMB for selecting targets in Cursor Mode

-Functions should be consistent across both Cursor and AIM mode for continuity and ease of switching between play styles, on the fly, depending on the situation.

Additional comments mentioned before as well.

-Add Option to Disable Crosshair, white dot etc.
-Add sliding scale to adjust size of Crosshair.
-Bring back "Pick Up" Action Icon in Library.
-Bring back "Health Bars" for healers.
-Double Clicking equipables in inventory should "Open Item Info" in inventory NOT equip/unequip them.
-Clicking on Items in shop Should NOT Pick item up by default..
-Camera zoom on Globals/HoFs should be brought back.
-Allow more zoom increments and additional zoom out distance.
-Allow more zoom on Map
-Move to target should stop when in range so avatar doesn't keep running in circles around target.
-When holding Rotate Camera Left/Right on Keyboard and press Interact, camera gets stuck in rotation.

More to come...

I feel so disgusted with the game that so far I have been unable to log in and start selling off my stuff (which should amount to some 4k € at least). funny what a "little" change can do

I feel so disgusted with the game that so far I have been unable to log in and start selling off my stuff (which should amount to some 4k € at least). funny what a "little" change can do

I would recommend adding some criticisms to your post so that it's of any value in alleviating the problems you're experiencing with the game.

Back