Well Done MindArk!

FatherJack

Dominant
Society
Kaos 2.0
Jack FatherJack Hackett
I thought I'd log in and see whats up, maybe shoot a few things, I might even make a small depo.... only to find 13 odd years of experience with the control set and camera is now completely useless and I now have to relearn how to do things. Er no thanks.

I never thought it would be something like this that made me say "I don't think I'll bother with this" with this game after all these years.

Whoever ok'd this needs their head examining :dunce:

Well done MindArk and goodbye!

I see the title was sarcastic haha you got me xD

I have the same issue. Why should us old dogs have to learn new tricks. I used to use the space bar to interrupt an action, now I have no idea what to do.

I have the same issue. Why should us old dogs have to learn new tricks. I used to use the space bar to interrupt an action, now I have no idea what to do.

Yes it takes quite some time to get into this new system...like having to use a new car where the buttons and pedals are different...

But you can redefine your keys almost to your old setup...

F10 for the keymap...look also for double-defined actions on same key....

When i had done all my remapping and adjusted the new camery things in options....its ok to use imo..(except some minor issues)

Gl,

Eddie

Last edited:
omg. wow yeah its VERY difficult to learn.. take like 30 secs...

What are you doing in this world if you are not able to learn few new things ? World is changing so fast now, Entropia is only one little drop in the sea compared to the rest. It must be hard live if you think that everyone else will adjust to you, not otherwise :laugh::laugh:

That why there are no dinosaurs left. I bet they didn't want to learn to eat the running homohobilis :laugh:
The game must adapt to the new generations of lazy gamers so it is now actually easier to hunt with 1 hand eating.

I found the fastest way to get used to the new system is to leave invent open. Then the new camera mode works in third person just like the old system. Once you get used to it you can try closing invent box.

Also look out the the interaction icons, like holding down right mouse button to pick up vehicles. Right mouse sorts most things now.

GL
Rick.

works in third person just like the old system

What you got a real 3rd person view?

I get only this stupid OTS, which is NOT 3rd person, and it also forces me into 1st person when near walls, trees and some other things.
When aiming on flying creatures I often see only grass instead the sky and the mob and a lot other shit that is fucked up with the new camera system.

Its not that I cant learn new keysettings and contropls, its just that this camera system is complete bullshit compared to what we have had befor when it comes to 3rd person view.

Not to mention that there is still an issue with motion sickness, during hunts especially in hilly area, where is way to much camera moves that are not really needed and make no sense.

I get only this stupid OTS, which is NOT 3rd person, and it also forces me into 1st person when near walls, trees and some other things.
When aiming on flying creatures I often see only grass instead the sky and the mob and a lot other shit that is fucked up with the new camera system.

Its not that I cant learn new keysettings and contropls, its just that this camera system is complete bullshit compared to what we have had befor when it comes to 3rd person view.

Not to mention that there is still an issue with motion sickness, during hunts especially in hilly area, where is way to much camera moves that are not really needed and make no sense.

In the option you can change the offset in 3rd person and make it look better.

Even I as extreme conservative managed to adapt.
That says enough. :wise:

Btw, I even managed to get the spacebar to work again.
So, there is still hope for you!

I thought I'd log in and see whats up, maybe shoot a few things, I might even make a small depo.... only to find 13 odd years of experience with the control set and camera is now completely useless and I now have to relearn how to do things. Er no thanks.

I never thought it would be something like this that made me say "I don't think I'll bother with this" with this game after all these years.

Come on Father you can learn :laugh: :laugh:

Eh I still hate it, still hate that Mindark forced it on us, and still think there is no worse dev team on the planet than Mindark.

I have adapted, but I still hate the system, and constantly entertain selling everything just on the principle that Mindark manages things horribly. This game is horribly boring, lacks content, needs serious balancing, and people with actual skills to do these things.

"Nothing is certain but death and taxes."

Things change. That's life. This thread is silly.

welcome back like all old players no matter what level they were all were salty about this update

there is nothing to learn just use interact and all good , fix your shortcuts

I feel myself lost also, kinda need to open library 10+ times a day to get something working. Despite after last maintanance my loot pills won´t work also. So MA take my money please, needed to hunt yesterday 10 hours to see a 3 digit return... Kinda between the mood right now :/

I cant seem to fly my Sleip anymore.......nevermind picking it up after :mad:

Hahaha I've always been confused with these terms. 3rd person is when you see your whole Ava zoomed out right? Isn't 1st person zoomed in and you only see your hand and gun?

I have no idea what 2nd person is. Anyway maybe you can enlighten me.

Rick.

The default settings aren't great for players returning from an extended break from Entropia.

I've found the above settings closest to how I had it set up prior to VU 16.0.0 but there is still a learning curve for interacting with items (sometimes it is double click, sometimes it is E sometimes it is F and sometimes you have to press ALT)

I hope you (and anyone else having difficulties) find the above useful FatherJack. :thumbup:

The default settings aren't great for players returning from an extended break from Entropia.

I've found the above settings closest to how I had it set up prior to VU 16.0.0 but there is still a learning curve for interacting with items (sometimes it is double click, sometimes it is E sometimes it is F and sometimes you have to press ALT)

I hope you (and anyone else having difficulties) find the above useful FatherJack. :thumbup:

+rep

That's awesome you take the time to make screenshots and help out :)

I found this helpful

Options -> Camera -> Scroll Changes Mode

Good luck

same here came back from something long to only feel the pain.

But with some practice, it seems to feel better.

Not that i find the new system better, as the old one, but mostly i realy miss the mouse drag on floor and then we moved to there. This was very helpfully on mining, so you could mine with only the mouse. Now i need to use keys too and that way i dont have a hand left for eating or smoking or drink my beer.

Come back to try afther alot of updates just to see this game is simply unplayable.. Even chat dont work! Whata mess...

Last edited:
Come back to try afther alot of updates just to see this game is simply unplayable.. Even chat dont work! Whata mess... Im amazed someone still play, seryously :laugh:
If someone wants to get my ava to extract some free skills or what ever, feel free to PM me ;)

chat worked until this morning.

And if you know entropia well, you will know that after each update something will be broken.

Dont act so surprised! :wise:

OP, you've just proved this old saying right:

You can't learn old dogs new tricks :lolup:

Well the correct Term is this..

"You can't Teach an old dog new tricks.."

But then I want to say that everyone needs to just learnd to Adapt.. that's what "Survival of the fittest " is all about.

(Sgt.) Benjamin "Ben" Coyote , IFN Marines
A.K>A "The Blind Sniper" (And ) His_Dog_Spot)

You used to turn a dial to dial a phone number, did you not move on from that?

Back