Entropia Universe 16.3.2 Release Notes

why don't u get a 64 bit version ?

Because I'd have to upgrade the entire PC and even then there's no guarantee it would work.

There are people struggling with Windows 10 to install this patch.

What's strange is they are so sure they fixed it.

Because I'd have to upgrade the entire PC and even then there's no guarantee it would work.

There are people struggling with Windows 10 to install this patch.

What's strange is they are so sure they fixed it.

Where do they say they are sure they fixed it?
Anyway, the situation is still the same. I repeat my question to MA - does it have to be the redist version that hangs and can you take it out of the update to see if people who have manually updated actually already have what is required?
Have you, MA, managed to recreate (or found by chance) this problem on any computer you have access to and what are you trying to do about it?

Are you guys trying to be funny or just cynical? This involves changing hardware.

u figure out , still i dont belive at this point some ppls didn't upgrate thier pc in so long that you can't go for 64 bit

u figure out , still i dont belive at this point some ppls didn't upgrate thier pc in so long that you can't go for 64 bit

And I didn't want to believe you don't know this isn't something you can just upgrade by stuffing in some components. Even for a custom-built desktop this means at least getting a new motherboard with everything on it and another operating system. Essentially you have to buy another machine. If 32-bit platforms were no longer supported and there was a good reason for it, this would be announced well in advance.

Where do they say they are sure they fixed it?
Anyway, the situation is still the same. I repeat my question to MA - does it have to be the redist version that hangs and can you take it out of the update to see if people who have manually updated actually already have what is required?
Have you, MA, managed to recreate (or found by chance) this problem on any computer you have access to and what are you trying to do about it?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...310912-Entropia-Universe-16-4-0-Release-Notes
[Fixed Issues

Fixed Client crashes]

I intend to update the PC to Windows 10 x64 but I would prefer to not do it now because I am not sure this is the issue.
For a while I thought the problem was with Microsoft C++ 2015 but I am able to install it in x86 format.
But once I launch Client Loader appears again and I get the error *failed to update EU*. I thought it was because I have Windows Visa Ultimate installed but then it happened to players with Windows 7 or 10.

We're not crazy here Alina. And I don't think the simple issue lies with having an earlier version installed.

Failed to update EU...

is this visible to the development team?

Would love to know what type of computers some people are running. 64bit came out with like Windows XP or something, thats around 10-15 years ago. I upgrade computers every 5-6 years, my last one ran 64bit processors fine and didn't cost very much and im currently on year 4 with this computer. Just installed and booted EU up on it on everything updated fine. Also tried a virtual machine using windows XP, one using windoes 7 and those both updated fine.

People have no problems depositing and burning through money in this game but won't spend the money to upgrade their system....would be interesting to see what would happen to the game if MA said they limit support to windows 7 and 10 64bit.....would we lose 3/4 of the population????

People have no problems depositing and burning through money in this game but won't spend the money to upgrade their system....would be interesting to see what would happen to the game if MA said they limit support to windows 7 and 10 64bit.....would we lose 3/4 of the population????

True it really isn't that big a deal anymore and even if money is tight, a used rig with suitable specs can be had for the price of taking the family to a restaurant. The issue is, as already said above, that you don't hit people with such a change by surprise. If it was intended to phase out support for a certain platform, it would have been announced in good time. Hence for the haves to talk down on the have-nots as if they were at fault for obstinacy or some kind of troublemakers is not quite appropriate here, I think.

People should understand Moore's law, probably now more than ever.

There are two options, adapt to the technology as it comes, or...

Get left behind, and confused.

People did not like the new tape cassettes to replace the 8 track, nor did they like the CD when it replaced the record player, They did not like the push button phones to replace the rotary, and yet ...ALL of these things are nearly extinct.

The same will happen with computers, and faster than we will be able to keep up with in the next couple decades.

Tech grows, and we will have to move with it, or get left behind. The law, is intact.

you can do this upgrade for under 90 bucks by the way.

900 ped.......you can do it.

People should understand Moore's law, probably now more than ever.

It's not quite Moore's law in this case, but definitely a close example by sticking with dated tools and needs exceeding them.

Most of my computer use is more data crunching with small to medium size datasets and next to no gaming aside from running something equivalent to an SNES emulator outside of Entropia. Even back in 2010, I was cautioned to go with 64-bit as there was no reason to stick with 32-bit, and even today, I would quickly hit the 4 GB RAM cap (currently at about 2.5 GB with just Entropia, Firefox, and LBML open).

The point is that it's been nearly a decade that cautions about 32-bit have been out there. People shouldn't be surprised when eventually problems start to pop up with 32-bit and support. It kind of mirrors how people stubbornly stuck to Windows XP (I was one of them for a time) and support problems came up there.

It's not even a matter of someone who can blow money on a new expensive graphics card that few people need. 32-bit is just aging out pretty quickly for even a regular user that doesn't fall in that top "tier" of gamers, PC builders, etc. My desktop is six years old now built on the cheap, so I'm all about not constantly upgrading to shinier hardware, but the 32-bit thing has been coming a lot longer than that.

Client Loader fails to update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. Perhaps this function is better left to the operating system?

Just installed EU on a new laptop and everything is fine.

So just buy a new computer and you should be good. :rolleyes:

Just installed EU on a new laptop and everything is fine.

So just buy a new computer and you should be good. :rolleyes:
Wouldn't that be nice. What I earn at this doesn't justify a new toy on that order after considering such items as food, rent, automotive expenses... you get the idea.

Client Loader fails to update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. Perhaps this function is better left to the operating system?

At some point I managed to get the loader to fail but also tell me a missing dll called api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
There seem to be many versions of this. Can anyone say which version they have (filesize) and which folder it is in?

Can MA PLEASE do something? It doesn't seem to make a difference what redists I have installed or not, the loader ALWAYS wants to install 14.0.24215 (I think) and then fails, even if it is already installed (and repaired).

True it really isn't that big a deal anymore and even if money is tight, a used rig with suitable specs can be had for the price of taking the family to a restaurant. The issue is, as already said above, that you don't hit people with such a change by surprise. If it was intended to phase out support for a certain platform, it would have been announced in good time. Hence for the haves to talk down on the have-nots as if they were at fault for obstinacy or some kind of troublemakers is not quite appropriate here, I think.

Really find it amazing that they still support Vista.
And what troubles me even more that there are still people out there running it. Support for it ended over 2 years ago, so they accept all those shiny new exploits since then.
They spend quite few PEDs and are not willing to buy a new computer ?

..make a backup, Install Windows 10, enroll to the insider program, choose the slow ring and Win10 will not costs you a penny. If your computer can handle Vista it will probably also be able to handle Win10.
If you can not be bothered to install all the porgramm all over, you should also be able todo an inplace upgrade to windows 7 and after that an inplace upgrade to win10.

Absolutely no reason to stick to Vista nowadays.
And also absoltely none to stick to Win7 after end of support next year, except if you really want to be a part of the botnets.

At some point I managed to get the loader to fail but also tell me a missing dll called api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
There seem to be many versions of this. Can anyone say which version they have (filesize) and which folder it is in?

Can MA PLEASE do something? It doesn't seem to make a difference what redists I have installed or not, the loader ALWAYS wants to install 14.0.24215 (I think) and then fails, even if it is already installed (and repaired).

I've never received such message, only "failed to update EU..." but its interesting maybe somehow we can manually place the needed .dll into required folder. Can someone help on this.

Ludvig, we still want to play, but seems many can't even update the game. When we should expect the fix for this?

Ludvig, we still want to play, but seems many can't even update the game. When we should expect the fix for this?

I would say a few instead of many.....many people can play the game just fine, many of those are not on this forum or care to post at all. But there are many in EU right now.
If the problem was that widespread, they would devote more resources to fixing it.

I would say a few instead of many.....many people can play the game just fine, many of those are not on this forum or care to post at all. But there are many in EU right now.
If the problem was that widespread, they would devote more resources to fixing it.

maybe, but we both are guessing, and only MA knows how many players can't log in after that update. Ludvig mentioned that they are trying to fix it, so we still have hope... for the fix or for some statement that no fix will be provided.

maybe, but we both are guessing, and only MA knows how many players can't log in after that update. Ludvig mentioned that they are trying to fix it, so we still have hope... for the fix or for some statement that no fix will be provided.

Why do you think i am guessing about the number who can play EU? you can look on Entropialife, there are 2040 unique avatars logged for globals in June. I'm sure there are many more that have not globaled (that is an educated guess).

I hope that MA come up with a fix so that those who cannot play are able to.....but i also hope that some players decide to save up and update their systems as well. Since this has happened once, it will most likely come about again and eventually MA will say sorry.

A reinstall worked for Freja...

Just launched EU on an old PC I haven't used for a while, the loader tried to install VC++ 2015, I cancelled it, terminated the loader, installed x64 VC++ 2019 from there (direct link vc_redist.x64.exe), started the loader and it updated the game without trying to install anything else.

The update still not works on windows 10 32bit, also today I tried fresh install on windows 8.1 64bit, but received same "Failed to update EU bla bla bla" at 95%.

MA, when the fix is coming?

REINSTAL WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64, it dont work either

so that was the story of this game? is this the begining of the end?

Last edited:

upgrade to a newer OS
(yes i know you probably dont want to do that)
life sucks...

Last edited:
GET RID OF 32 BIT WINDOWS! :wise:

(text below copied from slashdot)

Moving over to a 64-bit OS allows your PC to run BOTH the old compatible 32-bit processes and also the new 64-bit processes.

In other words, there is zero downside (and there are gigantic upsides).

Microsoft offers a 64-bit OS in Windows 10 that runs all 64-bit and all 32-bit programs. This is a valid choice of an Operating System.

The problem is Microsoft ALSO gives customers the option to install 32-bit Windows 10 which will not run 64-bit programs. That's crazy.

Another advantage of the 64-bit version of Windows is security. There are a variety of security features such as ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) that work best in 64-bits. The 32-bit version is inherently less secure.

By choosing 32-bit Windows a customer is literally choosing a lower performance, LOWER SECURITY Operating System that can't use all your memory, and is artificially hobbled to not run all software.

ye nicky...i know its a damn thing...but if you dont believe it..your chances are also higher now to succeed with the 64 bit os..

You need SP1 !! also , install all updates/patches too first ( there are minor patches for win7 in relation to vc runtimes)

then do the procedures again

deinstall all vc redist 2015 and above..
!!! (maybe also install latest .Net framework !!) !!!
install BOTH vc2015 from redist folder in entropia folder (with admin rights)
then run eu loader also with admin rights

Hope you get it running....after this ..i can only offer you again a skype session with teamviewer to work on it..OR you get a computer technician for this...

Good Luck,
Eddie

Back