FYI: Looking for a Captain

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi

I'm looking for a well respected Captain (Respected Soc, good references, known in PCF) to run my Starfinder XXI. It boasts 62K SI which sits along side some of the big motherships.

I found offering a warp service to be a time waster as I was never online to offer it effectively.
There is a demand for safe transportation of large volumes of Ores and Enmats. I.e you don't want to take 100kPED worth of gear in your quad and risk a friendly pirate.

This is a great opportunity to make an income in game without having to fork out money to buy a Privateer.

Terms would be
1. Access to pilot seat
2. Select your own crew to man the guns.
3. I supply a warp drive, you advise when it needs replacing
4. You charge your own transportation rates taking into account crew costs, warp drive costs and your profit margin.
5. Upon replacement of the warp drive you pay me warp drive cost as per current market monthly rate and 20% income earned. Maintain Excel log of Avatars using the service and fees paid and email to me.
6. To maintain docking at Arkadia SS before you log off.
7. You maintain repair costs.
8. I will provide 2 weeks notice if I choose to cease the agreement. If you choose to cease, just let me know and we will make arrangements to review warp costs etc.

Cheers
Bjorn

you know nothing noob.. 100k ped of gear isn't lootable

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is simply not going to work as you envisage it

How is the Captain going to add people to the guest list and summon them ?
Only deed holder can do that, and you already said you are rarely around.

You insist they log off at Ark, presumably so you can change warp if necessary. Yet this could well involve an additional warp per day without a customer, how will they pay for that ? Also to do that they would need to head for Ark every time they were down to last 2 warps, just in case MA or a pirate pulls them from warp and they need the 2nd to get home. Will you discount their next drive by 1 or 2 warps if it remains unused
If the warp drive is low say 5 or less warps are they supposed to wait until you can next log in before they can offer warp services, as they may run out.
or give us an 'officer of the day' role where owners can assign a pilot the role, which allows change of drives and operation of guest list for as long as role assigned, without need for deed to change hands.

These are the main reasons why a ship when rented out usually asks for full collateral, so that deed can temporarily change hands, allowing new rental owner access to change drives and use guest list.

Something that MA could help us all overcome if they offered a rental system via a terminal, with auto return of the item (weapon, armour, ship) at end of proposed rental period unless additional fee paid to extend rental (with owners consent ofc)

you know nothing noob.. 100k ped of gear isn't lootable

:confused:

All the red is lootable

borders.jpg

How is the Captain going to add people to the guest list and summon them ?
Only deed holder can do that,

You insist they log off at Ark, presumably so you can change warp if necessary. Yet this could well involve an additional warp per day without a customer,

I implore your endeavour, having your own personal use warp drive will surely help, so you can still use your own ship, and the final jump back to ark I am sure could be negated in the deal.

However granny is right, the stumbling block is the guest list.

GL out there :)

Das is just being pedantic, which I can appreciate.
Are not most 'dad jokes' told by self depreciating pedants? Then humor is derived from those left confused.

Gear is not lootable, only stackables are lootable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedant said:
A pedant is a person who is excessively concerned with formalism, accuracy, and precision, or one who makes an ostentatious and arrogant show of learning.

Das is just being pedantic, which I can appreciate.
Are not most 'dad jokes' told by self depreciating pedants? Then humor is derived from those left confused.

Gear is not lootable, only stackables are lootable.

Reminds me of my favourite video on pedants

Back