Mindforce better than Rifle/pistol

KenoZuki

Old Alpha
KenoZuki TheGreySoldier OneOfMany
Im confused why people use Rifles/Pistols... When mindforce skills have higher markups, and you can find pretty eco mindforce out there

Not only that, but you need mindforce skills anyways for arson chips...

Anyone know why someone would use rifle/pistol?

they are and those fen chips are cheap , 70 on mf its so eazy to get

My opinion is,everythig in this game is individual.
Somebody likes more rifles then hg or mf chips,somebody likes more crafting then hunting etc.
Sometimes it doesnt matter that much about MU,ppl just enjoy in the game i gess xD

Rifles and pistols are more traditional. Back in the day the ubers were using Imk2s and Mod Mercs, and that was iconic. Today that stigma is still stuck in the heads of the majority of the player base. Yes, mindforce makes more sense today, but most people will still resort to the more traditional methods.

define cheap.. :)

My corrosive 13 fen is at 71k ped in just the tier costs alone at t8 )

whats the point in tier it that much ? a t0 for 23-25k is cheap

Looks like most of you miss most important part you cant unlock Commando with Mindforce
that means no Hp gains (200 points =1 hp on commando)

Depends. MF chips are great for low-mid level, but once you get into mobs with hp over 1k or so, they stop being a good alternative. Unless you fork out an amount comparable to other weapons. Their biggest problem is that they don't contribute to combat sense and commando, so they're isolated, unlike melee for example. You can surely use them and they're for sure a cheap alternative for less visited planets, but they're far from being a standout perfect choice, mainly because there exists no such thing in Entropia. Every discipline has its own advantages and drawbacks.

No Coolness unlock at 40, no Combat Sense at 50, no Commando at 70. Enough reasons?

On the plus side there is Intuition at 80, for which you normally need 80 in Evader, unreachable for mere mortals. But without the first 3 unlocks it will be a long and sad road to 80, and 30-40 less hp points by the time you get there.

Back in the old Days, when all Weapons where maxed at Level 100, the MF Chips where maxed at lower levels so I soon started to use very frequently a First Gen Electric Attack Chip 4 which I looted and was maxed at I belive level 10.

The other thing to also remember is that MF has the following hidden Skills:
Level 51 - Mindforce Harmony Skill (Mindforce) - 1 HP / 1600
Level 65 - Force Merge Skill (Mindforce) - 1 HP / 800
Which also contributes to Health, OK at lower levels than Commando but still at every 800 respective 1600 levels per HP.

Today, sadly ther are no CDF MF Chips available for daily Token so I switched back to Laser/BLP and use the looted high level MF Chips and my UL Combustive Attack Nanochip 8 when apropriate.

I have dabbled a bit with pyro skilling lately. I'm just in it for a few extra HP and to stay in my Mayhem category (rifle).

My take:

PROs with Mindforce
* Fun (cooler effects than rifle/pistol)
* Arsonistic chip is useful to max
* It's easy to get psyche to 50-60 (contributes to HP and e-penis)
* If you care for bioregenesis chips, MF skilling will help to raise bioregenesis skill (partly common skill pool).
* Some HP to be had from concentration, power catalyst, mf harmony , force merge, bravado
* Possible to unlock/max out uber FEN chips @L70.
* Some MU on skills (1200-1300 % atm, but dropping) - not useful for me, but for FEN users probably
* When I use combustive chip together with my cthulhu Shade armor helmet (the only ingame?!), the eyes of the helmet starts burning! :yup:

CONs with Mindforce
* No Coolness, Combat sense or commando (no HP /defense)
* UL amps are rare (and expensive)
* Biggest L amps (27-36 dmg) have high MU (135-140 %)
* Hard to find a steady supply of L chips at higher levels
* UL chips also not many of on market
* no Armatrix line of chips
* If you haven't unlocked Wounding prior to skilling, unlocking mf harmony and power catalyst takes more time.
* No chips (CDF edition) to trade from the Daily token vendor (Calypso)
* No mayhem amps for chips
* Guns are better suited for Mayhem due to bigger amps and tailored DPS.

TLDR;
Guns are good for HP increase, availability, large selection of UL weapons and UL amps. MF is good for some HP gain, visual effects and possibly a fast route to uber 87 DPS FEN chips.

Last edited:
Rifles and pistols are more traditional. Back in the day the ubers were using Imk2s and Mod Mercs, and that was iconic. Today that stigma is still stuck in the heads of the majority of the player base. Yes, mindforce makes more sense today, but most people will still resort to the more traditional methods.

Back in those nearly no MF chips existed except for the gen electric chips.
And those by far could not compete with the uber shooties.

CONs with Mindforce
* No Coolness, Combat sense or commando (no HP /defense)

Not correct.

This has been changed.

Back in those nearly no MF chips existed except for the gen electric chips.
And those by far could not compete with the uber shooties.

Not correct.

This has been changed.

When? I am not getting those skills when skilling pyro..

When? I am not getting those skills when skilling pyro..

It has been changed to ANY hit profession.

I do get coolness and combat sens from MF use.
Cant say about the others since I'm only lvl 57

Reading through this it just sounds like mindforce could use an update.

belive the empowerment of magic

tltjr.jpg

mindforce have two different type
which compares to pistol,rifle (range,apm)
but we don't have many options for MF chips *sighs*
IMO if MF don't give any specific skills(hp-related)
highly doubted for use

welcome to pew-pew-pew & melee rockin,poppin,swirlin

Virtual virvelvind world :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been changed to ANY hit profession.

I do get coolness and combat sens from MF use.
Cant say about the others since I'm only lvl 57

Are you busting my balls? Or are you serious?

I have skilled pyro since February, and not once gotten coolness or combat sense. I record my skill gains, so I am 100 % sure of this. I only get the skills listed on entropedia.

Can you please post proof of this, or at least tell what MF chip you are using?

If my pyro is bugged, MA owes me a shit ton of skills (50 ped of coolness and combat sense both).

Are you busting my balls? Or are you serious?

I have skilled pyro since February, and not once gotten coolness or combat sense. I record my skill gains, so I am 100 % sure of this. I only get the skills listed on entropedia.

Can you please post proof of this, or at least tell what MF chip you are using?

If my pyro is bugged, MA owes me a shit ton of skills (50 ped of coolness and combat sense both).

lol, you making my start to doubt.

Wiki says you're right and Im wrong.

So I guess I'm messing things up now. :ahh:

Melee is the way to go, and is severely underrated. With the lifesteal attachments available, it's definitely an OP combo.

Toss on a M-Matrix Delta with a 90-180 damage blade and you have a free Vivo S10 healer / adjusted resto on you. :cool:

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but just felt it needed to be mentioned.

Melee is the way to go, and is severely underrated. With the lifesteal attachments available, it's definitely an OP combo.

Toss on a M-Matrix Delta with a 90-180 damage blade and you have a free Vivo S10 healer / adjusted resto on you. :cool:

My set-up exactly ( not that high of knife though ) right now on Longus. I agree. ^^^^

On topic: I love MF chips but I usually skill with them and not hunt seriously with them at my level.

Last edited:

Good points, I say. When comparing weapons, melee should be in there. My main quarrel with melee as main weapon path is the range. I can always armor up and/or use matrix life steal amps to absorb more damage - that's not the problem. But on medium spawns, or spawns with low aggro mobs, there's too much running involved for my taste. With a laser rifle with 85m range, I can basically become a turret, shooting non-stop. More efficient when running skill pills at the very least.

On the upside, high-end, high level melee weapons are cheap compared to guns, although they need to be alternated with armatrix melee or ranged to burn the shrapnel.

Good points, I say. When comparing weapons, melee should be in there. My main quarrel with melee as main weapon path is the range. I can always armor up and/or use matrix life steal amps to absorb more damage - that's not the problem. But on medium spawns, or spawns with low aggro mobs, there's too much running involved for my taste. With a laser rifle with 85m range, I can basically become a turret, shooting non-stop. More efficient when running skill pills at the very least.

On the upside, high-end, high level melee weapons are cheap compared to guns, although they need to be alternated with armatrix melee or ranged to burn the shrapnel.

This is why many melee hunters will focus on very thick spawn density or mobs with huge HP so more time is spent swinging than running. It does certainly limit options for mob choice.

I don't get how could you ever recover the MU for that attachement. It makes no sense to use it.

I will quote the greatest MFer in history

Mind Force is advertised as advanced profession and one day will be great profession with advanced abilities and advanced powers.
It's just that you have to sacrifice years of progress in all other professions.
Whether it is worth the fun is a personal choice so everyone decides on its own.

The way you should look at MF is that it is an "Advanced" form of combat which you excel in after you have mastered all other forms of combat. As many stated you need to take some form of main profession to unlock Commando and then you can pick up MF as a main form of Advanced combat.

With that said I never understood the use of guns in a fantasy MMO. You should be using Swords, Axes, Shields and Spells. In every MMO I have played I have been melee because I believe in up close and personal with my foes and using a sword. So when I started it was logical to take sword to commando while using MF as a finisher.

Then HG and Rifle skills are easy to come by with rewards so taking them to get that extra HP and then be proficient with them is also important for events. (but guns are boring)

MF can have so many cool new chips added and I hope they do so in the future and probably why Dan fell in love with it long ago. (the hope of what MF could be) However it is for the advanced hunter when they want to go to the next level of combat after they have all the other unlocks.

My 2 cents.

PS- Introduce some Shields as weapons and added protection to block with. Also there needs to be a force barrier chip that puts a absorb damage bubble around you.

Last edited:
With that said I never understood the use of guns in a fantasy MMO. You should be using Swords, Axes, Shields and Spells. In every MMO I have played I have been melee because I believe in up close and personal with my foes and using a sword. So when I started it was logical to take sword to commando while using MF as a finisher.

Entropia isn't a Fantasy MMO, it is a Sci-Fi MMO similar to competitors such as Anarchy Online and Eve Online. Plenty of Fantasy MMO's like World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings if you want to be an Elf. ;)

Personally, I tried mindforce a long time ago back before synthetic and light me. Back when there was just regular me that was like 200%.

I recall it being too complex and expensive so I walked away and never looked back. Now I'm so far ahead in other combat professions I can't bring myself to start at the bottom in a new one.

Plus all the other things others have mentioned like availability of L chips... Etc. As far as I know there are no chips or implants that are crafted which is a big problem.

It's a good niche profession for some but isn't sustainable for a large number of players using it for primary combat.

Entropia isn't a Fantasy MMO, it is a Sci-Fi MMO similar to competitors such as Anarchy Online and Eve Online. Plenty of Fantasy MMO's like World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings if you want to be an Elf. ;)

Well yea I been an Elf and every other race in WoW since I played that since 2008. We are fighting demons and dragons here too just like WoW so I prefer my Sword and Mind force.

Now we just need mounts in this game because I want to ride into battle on a Mod Merp swinging my sword bathing in the enemies blood. ;)

Back