Suggestion: Loot 3.0 ideas

Status

Arm

Dominant
Society
Starfleet Command
This post is to ask Entropia people for ideas for a better loot system which works better for us and MA together and makes the game more fun and attracts many new players by transforming the high loss (and boring/frustrating) gamble table inherent in the present loot system (my opinion), to a more fun and more fair-play loot system (perhaps with a wise safety belt!).

Starting with one idea myself:

I have paid in about 6k dollars, have cycled about 250k peds, given even 90 percent return there should be about 25k peds remaining, but there is few hundred peds (plus several k peds of skills and gun which would probably go as other peds had gone, if shooted/bombed as other peds during hunting/mining)!

My loot 3.0 idea:

Should the game swallow everything? There should be a personal factor keeping one's balance at some reasonable point such that - for example in my situation - going below 20k-30k is significantly slowed down.

Such that it works for MA as well, the paid in amount which has experienced significant loss and is "kept" alive should have less chance for big loots.

This should specially be the case when the player keeps paying in (and would buy new items with "kept alive" peds and hunt with newly paid-in peds to have a chance for big wins, this way rather than disappointment arising from bankruptcy, one sees progress in items owned).

MindArk should avoid the gambling ideology and invent a Loot 3.0 which keeps hope alive and works for both parties.

There should be a system which works for both MA and players.

By the way, cost per hour for a boring game with repeated bankruptcies is meaningless, but it is meaningful when there is a safe margin for "kept" peds (which have gone through significant loss, let's say 50%) which can bring progress via buying new items.

Logic: the newer the ped, the higher the chance of win/loss (both), return converges to REAL and non-volatile 100% (minus skills/tier factor) after 50% loss. People keep paying in for progress (new items, lands, ...) and have a chance to win big at the beginning of paying in. Together with good graphics and new caves/castles/etc. it can justify cost per hour and the users can hopefully become ten-fold if not more.

Important: when somebody pays in say 100 dollars, taking the first 25 dollars in long run is justified for gaming fun and costs, taking the next 25 is painful and not good, taking the next 50 dollars is quite toxic for MA and makes the user much unhappy.

Last edited:
How are you cycling your peds?

How are you cycling your peds?

The difference of my playing with more careful users may be: more big mobs and higher mining amps

(FOMA L13 amped mining, Proteron, Leviathan, ...)

Should i be punished with repeated bankruptcies? Or it is happening to everybody as MA's way of making people pay in (not wise at all for MA in long run, not fun for us at all too)!

Maybe we can help MA and ourselves by suggesting new ideas:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?315373-Loot-3-0-ideas

Last edited:
The difference of my playing with more careful users may be: more big mobs and higher mining amps

Should i be punished with repeated bankruptcies? Or it is happening to everybody as MA's way of making people pay in (not wise at all for MA in long run, not fun for us at all too)!

TL,dr:
I gambled at high stakes with bad equipment. Pls give moar loot MA.

The rest of the ped u lost is markup mate.

TL,dr:
I gambled at high stakes with bad equipment. Pls give moar loot MA.

If I wanted to gamble I would go elsewhere, this should be a fun computer game (with some loss paid to MA, and a chance for a prize, with a safety bottom-line, e.g. saving 50% of what is paid in for everybody for buying items etc. with no chance to win/lose with that "cycled enough" peds).

Also I have been wise-enough as a normal player in using the ammo/amps i assume.

Last edited:
The rest of the ped u lost is markup mate.

Could you elaborate with numbers?

Do you mean when you use amp you instantly lose 20-30 percent markup and the famous 95 percent return is for TT value (becoming 65 to 70 percent)?

Half of my cycling has been for hunting but that is gone as well, how about that?

About two years ago it was to some extent different and the system would return good part of it in HOF (once it became 14k mining HOF and raised my total ROI to above 100 percent when I had just started using big amps).

Is MA rewarding newcomers (to pay in and play big) and bankrupting oldies (continuing the game to gain the newcomer HOFs which made had once made their ROIs above 100 percent), to run the universe? Not wise for MA in long run at all, nor fun for us at all. They lose many new players and many previously satisfied users (each satisfied player can bring new player(s) which MA would not otherwise earn).

The gambling logic should change to a safer more fun logic with a bottom line safety.

(present loot system seems to have a greedy algorithm)

Last edited:
I have paid in about 6k dollars, have cycled about 250k, given even 90 percent return there should be about 25k peds remaining, but there is few hundred peds (plus several k peds of skills and gun which would probably go as other peds had gone, if shooted/bombed as other peds during hunting/mining)!

Your numbers don't add up.

Even if you spent $1000 on equipment and $5000 on ammo, cycling at a 90% rate would total about $50,000. Not 250k.

Unless my math is wrong of course.

Markup can be a killer. Are you running L amps and L guns?

L13 on FOMA is rough. 250k cycle is a pretty tiny cycle at the stakes you are playing at to be honest.

Your numbers don't add up.

Even if you spent $1000 on equipment and $5000 on ammo, cycling at a 90% rate would total about $50,000. Not 250k.

Unless my math is wrong of course.

250k peds not dollars

Any new loot 3.0 ideas? Are you satisfied with the present one?

I'm so far okay with the current system...

Are you willing to say how much you have paid into game and how much you are worth in the game?

For me it is paying in 6k dollars and worth 1.5k dollars and almost ALL of what played with is gone in 6-7 average cycles (given about 60k peds in, and done about 250k peds cycling)

I think being worth 30k with much much more non-item/non-skill worth (15k rather than few hundred) would be what I wanted - at least - and would be much fair/good for MA, giving them 3k dollars for my gaming. Now, it is sucking all of what you choose to cycle!!! (if my present worth was not a gun/skills it would have been gone too)

How can you be happy?

What is your worth/paid-in ratio? Are you a rare lucky one?

For a fair game, it should be above 50% for everybody and above 75% for many/most.

This will attract much more new players in the long run.

Last edited:
6k is nothing for lvl 13 foma.
6k maybe enough gor hunting alone prots, levi etc.
It all about enough loot events to stabilise returns.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?287791-Risk-of-Ruin-Bankroll-Management

6k dollars is 60k peds (3000 times 20 peds)

Can a number of players with over 1m peds cycle be kind enough to say how much they have paid in and how much they are worth now? how many have a worth/paid ratio above 50%?

How many of these players have had above 90% average return? If you have 150% return and then 30% it won't be average 90% at all. You calculate it by "gaming ped investment" amount and cycling amount and etc. (to find the average cycle co-efficient for your whole gaming experience, which is the important return factor and the main factor in not ruining the game by a bad loot system)

This is meant to be a MMORPG computer game not a boring job or a gambling system, it needs to be non-frustrating and fun (and fair), a better loot system *can* be invented.

Last edited:
6k dollars is 60k peds

Can a number of players with over 1m peds cycle be kind enough to say how much they have paid in and how much they are worth now? how many have a worth/paid ratio above 50%?

610k ped in, TT return is near 100%...that being said, I'm a luck ass and I have spent way too much on gear :)

I'm so far okay with the current system...

This system is good for 2% of the players rest are doomed. Bring back the old system where everyone had a chance without depositing zillion peds

I have 200k skill, I have cycled a few million peds, I deposited a fraction of you.
Its all down to your choices, you choose the volatility to a degree.

Thanks.

Do you trade goods for a margin or provide medic services etc. (count that as paying-in if it takes much time as you can have real world jobs instead)?

If it is not the case, it is very interesting. How many years of playing? Any super-big HOF (chance) contributed?

610k ped in, TT return is near 100%...that being said, I'm a luck ass and I have spent way too much on gear :)

Thanks.

What is your highest loot (amount/type)?

Do you calculate much or play in a relaxed bring-it-on pace?

I have 200k skill, I have cycled a few million peds, I deposited a fraction of you.
Its all down to your choices, you choose the volatility to a degree.

few zillion peds? You sure mate? have you done some math with those numbers? a bit high.

No I dont trade.
Minimum markup in / sell every MU you can.
Ive played around 7 years, today I got my 1st 4 digit hunting loot. Highest mining 2k years ago.
You got 14k mining after 2 years?
You see the difference in play styles?

Played for about 4 years with several months of gap, I got the 14k in previous loot system and it was different. The new system swallows everything I cycle. Roughly about over 75% of my pay-in has been after that 14k loot.

Is the new system punishing me for that 14k loot? Or for the big hunting/mining? Even in this case, it shouldn't make it almost 0 then (in terms of cycled worth).

MA should tax, but not to the point of player bankruptcy. Apparently, they have not been able to reconcile making profit with making many "intentionally fun-seeking relaxed and normal players" ( probably most of the potential market ), more-or-less like me, "happy to a reasonable extent".

Last edited:
Any new loot 3.0 ideas? Are you satisfied with the present one?

I'd be going with this:
Hunting loot events:
10% Chance for 90% return on kill
44% Chance for 93% return on kill
45% Chance for 95% return on kill
1% Chance for 100+% return on kill (aka Multiplier)
garantueed TT-return: 90+%

Crafting (quantity + maxed for chances):
turn all BPs into SIB BPs
5% Chance for fail
1% Chance for 100+% return success (aka multiplier)
36% Chance for 100% TT-return success
58% Chance for 90% TT-return near success

Mining (based on 1 ped per drop):
33% chance for nrf
66% chance for 1,35 PED claim
1% chance for Multplier
add level 14 amplifier > 1,5 times the decay of level 13 amp & 1,5 times the claim size of level 13 amp
add level 15 amplifier > 2 times the decay of level 13 & 2 times the claim size of level 13 amp

this outdoor mining/quantity crafting of course.

Not satisfied with the way the game currently is... last crafting run was about 73% TT-return... like it is most of the time D:

"garantueed TT-return: 90+%"

You mean 90 or above every time?

Or multiplication of all to be not less than multiplication of as much 90 percents?

Or "average sum" to be min. 90% (not good as it can cause fast bankruptcy)?

Last edited:
Am I the only person with suggestions for a new loot system in this thread?

(just saw the one above, thanks)

You're the only one thinking that your losses are only caused by the loot system.
It's your decision to mine amped and go on taxed LAs. Change your gamestyle and reevaluate your returns instead of trying to change everything around you.

I'm fine with the current loot system.

Status
Back