How to get 90%+ TT?

You mentioned resource caps.....

Caly is currently resource capped and it definitely affects returns as there will be a point in most areas in which you get only lyst/oil, destroying any averaged positive runs or targeted loot runs.

I never run into this issue on Ark or RT., once you have those planets mapped its very easy to target markup and get exactly what you came for without lyst/oil messing it all up.

absolutely is true, but i'm more or less concerned about the lack of multipliers. caly mining is a complete no-go for me though

pretty much hit the head with it ye. although i ran into the lyst only spots on ark as well. never on rt.

I think there's really only one main server on Ark that switches to lyst/oil like that. Likewise on Caly, it mostly seems to just be one server that's probably just getting overmined due to redulite seekers. Other servers don't really have that dynamic as much. That said, that isn't going to affect TT per se, just MU. Depending on the server there are some other resources that seem to act as "filler" though.

I also just noticed in Rocket's other thread that they were cycling about the same amount of TT as I did in roughly the same amount of time. After my last ~6 months with near 99% TT, it does seem like mining style affects your TT. Ashi often fails some of my metrics for a place being a "good spot" outside of MU, so I wonder if mining heavy there at poor times is what's causing some of the difference.

Last edited:
I think there's really only one main server on Ark that switches to lyst/oil like that. Likewise on Caly, it mostly seems to just be one server that's probably just getting overmined due to redulite seekers. Other servers don't really have that dynamic as much. That said, that isn't going to affect TT per se, just MU. Depending on the server there are some other resources that seem to act as "filler" though.

I also just noticed in Rocket's other thread that they were cycling about the same amount of TT as I did in roughly the same amount of time. After my last ~6 months with near 99% TT, it does seem like mining style affects your TT. Ashi often fails some of my metrics for a place being a "good spot" outside of MU, so I wonder if mining heavy there at poor times is what's causing some of the difference.

I think time has a lot to do with it. if you search my PCF threads or know of my mining in the past, you'll see that i lose ped, religiously, for about 4 to 5 weeks, and then i tower like crazy and hit 5 digits like it's my god damn job. For whatever reason, whether it be due to my high cycle speed or just a function of my avatar's "waves" it seems that i'm mining on condition 24/7 whereas other avatars (look at LT's hunting logs) have relatively stable returns with no huge hofs.

Regardless, hitting the grinding hard when the multis are not coming your way is a fast way to draw down the ped card. I still believe the TT comes back, but we'll see. I've made adjustments and will keep cycling at least 3k/day.

Do you think we should go back to dropping at 110m radar distance ? Could that be why TT % is down since ppl are dropping less distance based on the theory radar distance doesn't matter anyone? Maybe a VU made it go back to the old VU where that would create overlapping thus lowering TT %?

Look ma' - a Unicorn!

In all serious though, I preferred the original title...

Good luck with the mining :)

Do you think we should go back to dropping at 110m radar distance ? Could that be why TT % is down since ppl are dropping less distance based on the theory radar distance doesn't matter anyone? Maybe a VU made it go back to the old VU where that would create overlapping thus lowering TT %?

i'm still doing 100m radar distance carpet bombing, still i do have runs with 55-60% TT-return outdoor...

yesterday i had run with a times 5 multiplier, finally a multi, guess what, that 70 drop run was sub 90% TT-return... multipliers too scarce/too small..

yesterday i had run with a times 5 multiplier, finally a multi, guess what, that 70 drop run was sub 90% TT-return... multipliers too scarce/too small..

this ends up being the issue.. for some reason the "lotto/raffle" multipliers are just too hard to come by.

1. You are focusing on markup, which is what i did as well and that affects the tt because doing high avg mu areas gives a drop in tt returns from what i have noticed. If you want ur tt back up, you might want to change that.

Doesn't help. I've also been ~80-85% TT in mining last few months and had to stop after bleeding peds heavily.

And this was in a place that I've been mining comfortably for over 2 year. (Since I don't play during heavy EU hours, I'm not hampered too often by "overmining" issues.) Exact same run. Same gear, etc. Suddenly. TT return dropped hard.

So, I've tried many other places, some low MU, just to close out some old missions.

Total TT return? 80-85%. Sometimes as low as 50% (on 300 ped of probes, planet-side)

MU, area and time has had zero factor. Mining on Caly just SUCKS right now.

And yes, I've also noticed the "bring you back to 90% multipliers" seem to be missing as well.

And what's worse, while crafting and mining are just plain terrible, which hurts the economy a lot, there's so much focus on improving hunting, which already is pretty good....

I wish it would finally stop that hunting gets all the attention and that MA moves on to improve crafting and mining....

And what's worse, while crafting and mining are just plain terrible, which hurts the economy a lot, there's so much focus on improving hunting, which already is pretty good....

I wish it would finally stop that hunting gets all the attention and that MA moves on to improve crafting and mining....

hunting is arguably great, albeit with small margins. any retard with a 65% eff UL setup can breakeven/profit small over time through event boxes, event tokens, and select oils used by shrapnel gamblers.

Like many others, I also noticed this big decrease in the number of multipliers while mining, which obviously leads to lower tt returns overall. It started only a few weeks ago, could it be that this is a consequence of the famous "Redu Rain" ??? That happened a few weeks ago as well...

I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as MA found out about this Redu avalanche, they switched off all multipliers for mining somehow, as an immediate fix. The permanent fix which most likely then got implemented could still have some unplanned restriction on multipliers...

It's just a thought, but it seems quite a coincidence that this Redu rain happened shortly before the unquestionable reduction in multipliers:scratch2:

Like many others, I also noticed this big decrease in the number of multipliers while mining, which obviously leads to lower tt returns overall. It started only a few weeks ago, could it be that this is a consequence of the famous "Redu Rain" ??? That happened a few weeks ago as well...

I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as MA found out about this Redu avalanche, they switched off all multipliers for mining somehow, as an immediate fix. The permanent fix which most likely then got implemented could still have some unplanned restriction on multipliers...

It's just a thought, but it seems quite a coincidence that this Redu rain happened shortly before the unquestionable reduction in multipliers:scratch2:

i had several multipliers over the past couple thousand drops, just weren't (big) enough to get to 90% TT-return...
the worst was a 55 drop run with a times 10, it was i think, that didn't even make it to 90% TT-return...

Returning to the game after 7 years here, couple of questions.

Does finder depth effect TT returns or only type of resource?

Back in the day it was a thing to sometimes use more shallow finders to avoid TT-crap deep. When you wanted Niks/narc but wanted to avoid azzurdite etc. Is that still a thing?

Ive seen opportunities for this strategy in some places but heard somewhere that you get higher TT returns with more depths, so not sure..

Thanks guys!

Back in the day it was a thing to sometimes use more shallow finders to avoid TT-crap deep. When you wanted Niks/narc but wanted to avoid azzurdite etc. Is that still a thing?

This is still true not sure about others

This is still true not sure about others

I mine with F-101, so getting rather low MU stuff <140% MU, still getting bad returns...

pretty sure this whole good MU = bad return thingy is just a myth.

I mine with F-101, so getting rather low MU stuff <140% MU, still getting bad returns...

pretty sure this whole good MU = bad return thingy is just a myth.

It isn't a myth. However, you cannot mine over-top people and high MU areas are actively over-mined. We know rocktropia has really shit TT returns unless you pop one. Just so happens that alternative is very over-mined. Ashi is the same way. Other areas get the benefit of having Lyst/Crude as fillers that are generally always available. Some of these other areas do not.

It isn't a myth. However, you cannot mine over-top people and high MU areas are actively over-mined. We know rocktropia has really shit TT returns unless you pop one. Just so happens that alternative is very over-mined. Ashi is the same way. Other areas get the benefit of having Lyst/Crude as fillers that are generally always available. Some of these other areas do not.

I wasn't talking about alternative =)
And i tried zinc, lyst, oil areas, those weren't any better..

i thought everyone should know i'm TT+ since making this post.

combo of different style of mining + using cross-professions to milk the kickback system.

i thought everyone should know i'm TT+ since making this post.

combo of different style of mining + using cross-professions to milk the kickback system.

gz, i was doing cross professions too, but still was a big minus for me :(

You're not alone. I am -20k tt this month. Not even conditioning.

don't worry, you'll get a 2000 PED global to make up for it.... just like i got a 110 PED global to make up for the ~ -900 PED of the past few days..

Last edited:
my return is still under 87% for 136k cycle

no way back to 90% without a tower, and those don't exist anymore unless you go foma with big amps

well, since you, as player, can't see how much mining is going on in an area it would be, how do i put it politely, very stupid to implement a system where you got to fight over claims & mining deposits with other players.

I just had a run, where after 35 drops i did start to see claim markers of another player and running into that player, i did put 2 more claims right next to his. That's not the first time i did get claims right next to other players claims. Once i even followed another player in hell and droped after he did, i walked away with more claims.

So either your theory is false or in case it's true, that's something MA need to change.

Last edited:
So either your theory is false or in case it's true, that's something MA need to change.

It's true, see the testing done in the thread below.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Hit-rate-testing-round-2-Claim-respawn-rates

If you find claims on top of another players claims there can be multiple reasons. Claims that the other players didn't find, you are aiming at another search dept of the claim has respawned. But all the information is in the thread.

And no, this does not need to be changed. Variables like this makes mining interesting, it isn't just go out and drop random.

Back