Help: Unable to upload picture to PCF - Invalid File Error

VandalHand

Dominant
Society
AO
VandalHand
Hi All,

Seems like I can't upload a .jpg file to PCF and it says it's an invalid file.

mVkyS5F.png

I even changed the home directory on my local host, still won't upload.
Any ideas welcome, maybe I am just doing something wrong? :dunce:

- VH

PNG dont work but JPG should unless it is a size issue.

How big is the file? Try resizing it and reuploading.

Ok, I'll resize the image itself and test it.
The .jpg is 240KB

- VH

Ok, I'll resize the image itself and test it.
The .jpg is 240KB

- VH

That should be fine sizewise, the other possibiltiy is you havent filled in all fields or chosen a category that wont allow it. Try Misc PCF Images category.

That should be fine sizewise, the other possibiltiy is you havent filled in all fields or chosen a category that wont allow it. Try Misc PCF Images category.

Some screenshots with specifics:
kKW6vvE.png

pulXbat.png

Still is not working. No clue, man.

- VH

ya its a very difficult thing. won't upload the most popular fileformat in the world. but all you have to do is open a cheesy editor and save file as jpg. this is all you need to do too.

be advised pictures can carry viruses if copying from net use snippit or firefox to make a unique copy. 90% sure that won't get infected.

i tried to just rename a png to jpg but that won't work and gives the same error. so open it, save as then upload it. and make sure to complain to MA and PCF operators for making our lives difficult.

and if they balk send them the video of sweet brown talking about ... time.

y
be advised pictures can carry viruses if copying from net use snippit or firefox to make a unique copy. 90% sure that won't get infected.

That's precisely why PNG files are not permitted on PCF.

How did you create the jpeg file?

There may be some kind of error in making or converting to jpeg. Try taking the picture again differently e.g. different software package or if not possible same package. Taking pic from scratch may solve the problem.

How did you create the jpeg file?

There may be some kind of error in making or converting to jpeg. Try taking the picture again differently e.g. different software package or if not possible same package. Taking pic from scratch may solve the problem.

Skywalker for the win!

I tried your suggestion by using the Snipping Tool and saving as a jpg, instead of a png then converting after it was already saved to my disk.

I guess it can never exist as a png?
jbBWxjr.png

o wow what a hat!!

and thanks 711 for that info...but isn't jpegs just as vulnerable? i got to look up now

Skywalker for the win!

I tried your suggestion by using the Snipping Tool and saving as a jpg, instead of a png then converting after it was already saved to my disk.

I guess it can never exist as a png?

There is an ingame option for your screenshots to be saved as either PNG or JPG.

But you know... this helmet is cursed. :vampire:

Anyway Gz for the purchase. :)

Last edited:
Back