Release 17.2 Video Interview

Thanks for the update My, not everyone wishes to use discord or facebook, so Í think any significant news is best put here on the forum.

It's how its been for the past 15 years. :thumbup:

Yes! Me chime in for positive feedbacks!

I would like it to be known that Facebook is pure evil. I will not use it, don't want to use it. Nor do I want to talk to anyone that uses it and would stop you and your facebook friends (yes all of them) from using it if I could.

I do not feel the same about Discord or Twitch, but youtube google twitter and even apple are all bad companies (in my view (and yours too if you look)). As a citizen of Entropia Universe, I would not want to be forced in anyway to use these terrible products and would like the power to eliminate them from my life. Of course, if you want to that's your business, but I do not. Youtubes, Discord and Twitch are fine compromises I can deal with, but Facebook is several times more difficult to avoid privacy issues with. It's hard to express my disdain for facebook in a rational manner. It's insanely insidious.

I love the idea that you are communicating with us. I really like the progress thats been made since new CEO. My hopes for a great future for all inside this game has never been higher (even if i do go on sourdough rants occasionaly, I mean there's room for improvements).

I look forward to your next video, next week? :)

Last edited:
I am happy to hear that you guys want to go back to Calypso's roots...

Storyline in the beginning is what hooked me in the first place years ago. Maybe the Umbranoid's will make their long awaited return?

Thanks for the video... please keep doing stuff like this. We need more communication.

Well done My!!!

It's very nice to put faces to the names or the job titles.

Of course there's room for improvement on lighting, camera's, etc. But I hope this was the first of many more video's to come.

You can make video's on a lot of different topics
This is nice for the players, but also good marketing for MA

Those who complain about accent should get some exposure to the world. To most people in the Anglosphere it never occurs how much effort it is to communicate in a language you didn't grow up with. Reading and writing we all learn more or less, but speaking really takes getting used to. Cut them some slack, they are doing their best!

That said, a transcript version, ideally here on the forum, would be awesome also for those on mobile/metered connection ;)

It's good to see Mindark trying something new in communication with the players. The video is a first step and I'm sure that it's a trial-and-error thing and if Mindark continues to use this way of communication the quality of production, structure and content will improve.

Is it true that PCF is owned by Mindark? In that case it should be the primary news/forum tool besides their own website. Otherwise it's all getting scattered across the internet. I don't use Facebook (why is that crap still around anyway?) and rarely use Twitter and Discord.

Those who complain about accent should get some exposure to the world. To most people in the Anglosphere it never occurs how much effort it is to communicate in a language you didn't grow up with. Reading and writing we all learn more or less, but speaking really takes getting used to. Cut them some slack, they are doing their best!

Exactly :) It's better to listen to those who actually are working on that thing compared to some trained spokesperson who is reading stuff off some script, but literally has no clue otherwise.

And lesson learned: My is pronounced like "me" rather than "my" :wise:

Regarding the additional audio mentioned in the video I have to agree with those who said that it's a bad idea to go that road. Besides the reasons mentioned already there are also technical problems possible, e.g. knowing that Linux isn't supported, yet I still play on Linux and Wine has audio problems so I only hear background audio and the heal-tool sound.

Other than that the most important thing to do on Mindark's side is to get rid of the

LAG
LAG
LAG

Why can't I make that bigger?
:scratch2:

Wishlist for further videos:
  • pronunciation of mob names, locations, ...

All this stuff looks more of the same to me. Promises for new systems, hints toward what could happen to help spark speculation and spending... So as a space player that's been in the game for a while (not the longest by far), this is what I've seen.

Equus released, promises of delivery missions, space mining, etc. All equus sold, space wasn't touched even a little for years.

Mission Galactica - Due to lack of prize rotation, and the availability of the items in mob loot pools outside of space the item is cheaper to buy, than to do the mission to get. Also all TT value of items given is not returned in tt value of item gained, so effectively MA is charging markup and collecting on the side from anyone silly enough not to notice the item is cheaper to buy, than to earn.

Loot 2.0 - Creation of efficiency as a counter balance to eco because MA needed a counter balance. The release of to many buffs, items with buffs, and how players figured out how to use them made insane dmg/pec spent ratio's possible. Once again MA collects money releasing the stuff, then devalues it, except this time by changing the whole system rather than not working on it... all under the guise of increased fairness. Though it did need to be done to correct their epic blunder, their lack of ownership of it is disturbing and leads to wondering if it was planned or not.

New CEO - Re-branding as far as I am concerned, the previous one bankrupted the credit-ability of the company and they needed to scrap up some more fast.

Space receives a rezoning - Frankly is half baked at best. There are major bugs with the camera system in relation to quads, pve, and pvp. A major example, since the camera update, if in pvp with another quad and utilizing 3rd person view, even if your aimed dead on and your cursor turns red, you have a 50% chance to just miss outright. Lag when hunting mobs results in your gun chain firing a bunch of ped into space once in a while. None of these new gameplay shattering bugs have been acknowledged or addressed.

So for me this video was a disappointment, more or less helps cement my view that MA's company policy is one based on hyping speculation bait to help increase the value of UL items, thus ped in the game to abandon for the next hype project since well they got the $ already, no need to own up on promises.

My 100% honest, unyielding advice to MA... Take the skeletons out of your closet and give them a proper burial before another RCE comes out and achieves stability.

Forgot to add

1 - No presence of other PP's while having caly rep take part in announcing a game change seems to pretty clearly spell out the relationship between MA and caly. Most players on other planets have been screaming about for years.....

2 - Anyone know of mobs off of caly that you can get nova and blazzar fragments on??? you know that critical component to crafting enhancers which can seriously help new players wise enough to farm them... how many years has it been since that change? Pretty sure enhancer bps are considered universal, so shouldn't all their required materials be?

Forgot to add

1 - No presence of other PP's while having caly rep take part in announcing a game change seems to pretty clearly spell out the relationship between MA and caly. Most players on other planets have been screaming about for years.....

2 - Anyone know of mobs off of caly that you can get nova and blazzar fragments on??? you know that critical component to crafting enhancers which can seriously help new players wise enough to farm them... how many years has it been since that change? Pretty sure enhancer bps are considered universal, so shouldn't all their required materials be?

Yeah ofc there is a relationship between Caly and MA, since those that work with Caly
are hired by MA, its their employer.

Thank you My Antonsson, your ways bring an encouraging percepective to my current decaying vision of thisgame.

An Active Communication and Perpetual Improvements/New contents is needed for every game that wants to last.
It's important to remember that some of us are being dedicated for over a decade, must entertain the love else it fades right.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store to advertise Entropia Universe

I am quite impressed. A little nervous My and two humble hunks from Mindark who seemingly looks proud to have been part of this for so many years. I guess it took some convincing to make this video happen.

A lot more players roaming around

... also made me quite happy to hear. I hope you manage to squeeze us all in on the servers.

Really looking forward to more videos from you guys. Superb work! :)

Not funny, not laughing, sight impaired players may play if they are able, but changes are unlikely to affect them significantly.
For the hearing impaired, deafness from birth, acquired through injury or age they can cope as well as any other player at present. The games visuals and text give true equality.

Are you happy they could now be excluded, put at a disadvantage compared to players with similar skills. That their investment in time and dollars could all be a waste.

This is the 21st century not the 16th, come on MA lets see at least a good attempt at equality of opportunity

I have trouble with this subject. For years games and other services have to be dumbed down for impaired people that don't want to be impaired. I get the not wanting to be impaired factor but they ARE impaired and many from birth. Should the majority of non impaired players have they're experience be impaired by NOT being able or need to use ALL the senses? Or should the impaired people adapt to they're own impairedness? Or should we have blind driving cars, parapalegic swimming, deaf sound editors etc etc. To me this is like being pissed I cant breathe underwater like a fish! That's my opinion =p

I have trouble with this subject.

Ok, I find this really, really, really tricky.
Firstly, I think there is a difference between an activity someone cannot take part in right from the start, and an activity they could take part in and perhaps became very important to them, but was taken away in some 'policy change'.
Enabling is also about functions or tech to help the less able. Blind people may use sound envelopes almost like radar and also detect minute differences of timing to locate things with their ears. Imagine an Entropia where sound utilises this property well in the background, hardly noticeable to other players using sight, which includes the deaf here.

But, IF you enable something (or it is just 'there'), do your utmost to keep it there. If there are now going to be stereo sound effects or warnings, allow for a visual signal of some kind too, whether it be vibration of an object not big enough to cause headaches, or some indicator panel a deaf player puts more centrally, but other players may not even have open at all. This is what inclusivity efforts should aim more for.

We have not discovered in this video interview how the sounds will change the gameplay - just that there are changes they are excited about at MA. I understand very much the protection people feel towards other players, though. They know how much some things mean to them...

Thanks again for the video, MA and My!

Ok, I find this really, really, really tricky.
Firstly, I think there is a difference between an activity someone cannot take part in right from the start, and an activity they could take part in and perhaps became very important to them, but was taken away in some 'policy change'.
Enabling is also about functions or tech to help the less able. Blind people may use sound envelopes almost like radar and also detect minute differences of timing to locate things with their ears. Imagine an Entropia where sound utilises this property well in the background, hardly noticeable to other players using sight, which includes the deaf here.

But, IF you enable something (or it is just 'there'), do your utmost to keep it there. If there are now going to be stereo sound effects or warnings, allow for a visual signal of some kind too, whether it be vibration of an object not big enough to cause headaches, or some indicator panel a deaf player puts more centrally, but other players may not even have open at all. This is what inclusivity efforts should aim more for.

We have not discovered in this video interview how the sounds will change the gameplay - just that there are changes they are excited about at MA. I understand very much the protection people feel towards other players, though. They know how much some things mean to them...

Thanks again for the video, MA and My!

Ya for sure its no easy thing and is nice have. My version after rereading it came out lil harsher than intended lol. The feature's enabling the blind deaf etc are nice to have but they are just that imo.. a special feature for special needs! Not demanding a platform be entirely built around it is all im saying :)

Some of you are why we can't have nice things.

:thumbup: Any effort by Mindark to communicate with the player base is appreciated on my behalf.

Thanks for the Video and looking forward to see what update brings

It looks like the beginning of a new era of communication for MA. (Let hope you'll stay the course)
It's like in one day we went from telegraph to 4G.

Thank you, My, for that. :)

Next level would be an AMA on live video; and we'd be into 5G. :wtg:

You know what, I've been playing EU for 14 years, and I just found out with this video that MindArk has an official Youtube channel... That says a lot.

And when I saw that video I was almost surprised to see that MA employees are human beings, just like me.
After never seeing or hearing them, I was starting to think they were just some kind of evil cyborgs... :eek:

Some of you are why we can't have nice things.
Yep, this...

It looks like the beginning of a new era of communication for MA. (Let hope you'll stay the course)
It's like in one day we went from telegraph to 4G.

Thank you, My, for that. :)

I wish more people would realize that a considerable part of this missing communication issue is community's fault (talking ofc about a small toxic minority here). History shows that the way each MA move is received, supported or criticized, decides if they go further or stop. Most of the times they stopped because people act as if MA is their government, and not a business that sells them their favorite product. And we all are upset with our governments most of the time but we're not paying taxes here, we buy a product so we cant make demands but we need to make suggestions instead.

IMO MA showed they are open to suggestions and they implement them (when they are easy and reasonable ofc) so if more people could use reasonable suggestions instead of being ultra toxic, I am 100% sure we will see more openness from MA in both communications and also in implementing what the community wants.

If you want a better communication maybe send a support case instead of going to forums for heavy criticism, it could help more your case and also the game in long term. If you don't want better communication and all that, then carry on :D

I tried to listen but didn't really notice much pertaining to the VU update at all? Maybe I just missed it, but it was titled "VU update interview", I figured it would be about what was being changed and hopefully fixed in the coming VU.

Would have been great to hear "we know the lag is bad, our dev team believes they have a solution", etc etc, and similar actual acknowledgements.

Last edited:
Whoa, I am amazed you convinced them to get out of the shadows :))

Fantastic job, My, here's hope you (and they) will keep going with this style, is really refreshing. I take this as sort of pilot-episode, sounds (until now, still listening) more of a generic thing, would be nice to see them addressing directly concrete issues, when that would be the case.

All in all, thumbs up, all of them!:yup:

Back