Under 75% TT return - The Broken Window

Status
Dry spells have always been part of this game, you have to adjust your play style to slow the ped burn rate or be willing to lose a lot. I am not willing to lose a lot, so I adjust my gameplay and spend less time in game hunting at my max level. I know some think they should be able to hunt at their max level all the time and get that mythical 95% TT return, I just don't see that as a possibility...

ofc, there's dry phases, can happen, is to be expected.. but dry phases of several years, just like it is atm, is just totally out of control.... and needs to be changed...

So you start with 5 PED per kill/drop/click and get a dry phase of several years and then you're supposed to switch to punies/tt-finder/EP1 or what? like those could give hofs to make up for that dry phase :rolleyes: You can't be seriously consider that some good/ok game design...

This "Game" is a pure Gambling System into a MMORPG hull and not a Virtual Economy that it should be then into a Virtual Economy isnt really a Need for TT Nanocubes that Build Explosives that can be used to build shrapnells , this complete craft line has no MU and ist only supposed for MA to claim $ then if we had a VE Hunters Miners and Crafters would be ballanced and the collectors would get some loot that can be selled with a MU . But for this MA must bring out something useful that Crafter can craft with Materials for the Players that Play this "Game" . In my Hunts i become 60-85% shrapnells as loot normally this should be the % of the MU loot so that u can cover your 5 to 10 % loss with a good MU but that is not what MA want then it would be mutch Work for them to bring some sets of new items Blueprints and Materials into the Game every 6 months … that is Work and how should MA work if thair System of making $ work so fine without do something its so easy to bring a "Mayhem" Event every 3 Months without real Prices for the most or bring Elite Muls into the game for some time that raid the Players Ped Cards . I really want to know how many 20 PED + Mobs are killed by Players since Loot 2.0 without a multipier that brings a 6 Digit loot or if this even is possible since then ^^ .

In my Hunts i become 60-85% shrapnells as loot normally this should be the % of the MU loot so that u can cover your 5 to 10 % loss with a good MU but that is not what MA want then it would be mutch Work for them to bring some sets of new items Blueprints and Materials into the Game every 6 months …

there's so much stuff to craft that has demand, but the big bankrollers only stick to their mining amps, armatrix amps & guns and the people with smaller/medium bankroll don't have the peds to cover for 10+k click runs of 5-50 PED per click crafts.

Not to mention that <100 click runs , like it is with most L BPs, just end in terrible results these days.

MA needs to finally adress the volatility issues, so that the small/medium bankrollers can knock themselves out again on the non mining amp, non armatrix amps & guns stuff...

The issue isn't lack of BPs or demand of crafted items, it's bad crafting design.

Edit: also hunters need to start hunting what the crafters need not whatever they just want to in the moment... i did see so much talk on rt about new bps etc. to improve the economy, yet i had to hunt werewolves for 2 weeks myself, to get the boards i needed for crafting...
crafters need werewolf, motorhead, wolf, zombie loot and what do you see the hunters hunting? vixen, hodlr, exarosaur, daikiba, kool kats, kongs, haters and demon hackers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I feel you man... This made me quit this game after all these years (check my creation date on the forums).
Regardless of what I did, I kept losing too much. No chance in hell I'm paying $1000 a month to play a videogame and hope to maybe get back 95% in something that looks like a course of a year.

If they claim the average return is xx% - they should include a time frame this is set in / cycled ped or something so that people can feel more secure of their returns, because months and months with 50% return, and the hope keep getting smaller, I can't take any more financial risks and keep dreaming of "I'm building up for an ATH now to get my average return back in place! MA promised me that!"

I came to a point where I find more joy in other games now - but I still read this forum and I still wish to come back one day, but not in this state...

Fender

I feel you man... This made me quit this game after all these years (check my creation date on the forums).
Regardless of what I did, I kept losing too much. No chance in hell I'm paying $1000 a month to play a videogame and hope to maybe get back 95% in something that looks like a course of a year.

If they claim the average return is xx% - they should include a time frame this is set in / cycled ped or something so that people can feel more secure of their returns, because months and months with 50% return, and the hope keep getting smaller, I can't take any more financial risks and keep dreaming of "I'm building up for an ATH now to get my average return back in place! MA promised me that!"

I came to a point where I find more joy in other games now - but I still read this forum and I still wish to come back one day, but not in this state...

To myself , i´m not this stupid to think that i can make some Money in this game here ill Play it for fun , i simply wanna Hunt with some Friends of mine have some fun and after some Hours of Hunting in the mid Level Areas make the calcultions and see that this "some Hours of Fun" coast another 100 or 200 $ and this is going run after run after run … you Have in this Runs lags from 1 to 5 secunds where the Player Avatar can do Nothing but the NPC enemy the full time hit you and if you have the luck that you dont die you have to heal yourself on a enemy that can possibly get killed 5 secs ago if this lag dosnt come . And the top of this is MA knows this Problems now for how Long 7 , 8 Yeas and do nothing about it because the Decay on armor and faps or if you die the port back to the near killed Mob and again to kill em wit the now recovered HP is pure Money for them. Yeah i must say atm it is hard to find joy here and Maybe its Time to find it into another Game .

This "Game" is a pure Gambling System into a MMORPG hull and not a Virtual Economy that it should be then into a Virtual Economy isnt really a Need for TT Nanocubes that Build Explosives that can be used to build shrapnells , this complete craft line has no MU and ist only supposed for MA to claim $ then if we had a VE Hunters Miners and Crafters would be ballanced and the collectors would get some loot that can be selled with a MU . But for this MA must bring out something useful that Crafter can craft with Materials for the Players that Play this "Game" . In my Hunts i become 60-85% shrapnells as loot normally this should be the % of the MU loot so that u can cover your 5 to 10 % loss with a good MU but that is not what MA want then it would be mutch Work for them to bring some sets of new items Blueprints and Materials into the Game every 6 months … that is Work and how should MA work if thair System of making $ work so fine without do something its so easy to bring a "Mayhem" Event every 3 Months without real Prices for the most or bring Elite Muls into the game for some time that raid the Players Ped Cards . I really want to know how many 20 PED + Mobs are killed by Players since Loot 2.0 without a multipier that brings a 6 Digit loot or if this even is possible since then ^^ .

Please convince me to click once in my lifetime any explosive bp.Just try.

You're receiving 95% - oil picks x10 years.

working as intended.

Lets see the cost is TT (Nanocubes) and they drop High MU Limited bps like (Recycle Explosives), so its a win win situation! Oh forget it, there is no eff in crafting!

Lets see the cost is TT (Nanocubes) and they drop High MU Limited bps like (Recycle Explosives), so its a win win situation! Oh forget it, there is no eff in crafting!

Ok the argument provided is not sufficient for me to even consider crafting.

Last edited:
That's my general experience too and that of my many soc members.
Loot is generally horrible, and "mabye" you get a big loot that brings you near even...maybe not and you loose.
Yea I know it's not much new, but I also see that 5000 ped deposit is required to sustain monthly and with today's choices in games and other entertainment... that doesn't stack up well.
Hmm 500 bucks for this game or 50 a year for another.. hmmm..

After a small break.
Last run data:
2213.46ped using melee weapon at tier 8 enhanced with 4 socket dmg.
33.91ped armor decay.
About 2ped Healing.
I used pills.

2249.37 total spent

1567,38 ped tt back including 4.8ped enhancer return. No noticable markup.

Approx 1550-1850hp mob. 0 global. Too few mini.

Minus 681.99ped...

I will upload my daily data a day after a run is over.

Alukat123
there's so much stuff to craft that has demand, but the big bankrollers only stick to their mining amps, armatrix amps & guns and the people with smaller/medium bankroll don't have the peds to cover for 10+k click runs of 5-50 PED per click crafts.

Not to mention that <100 click runs , like it is with most L BPs, just end in terrible results these days.

MA needs to finally adress the volatility issues, so that the small/medium bankrollers can knock themselves out again on the non mining amp, non armatrix amps & guns stuff...

The issue isn't lack of BPs or demand of crafted items, it's bad crafting design.

Edit: also hunters need to start hunting what the crafters need not whatever they just want to in the moment... i did see so much talk on rt about new bps etc. to improve the economy, yet i had to hunt werewolves for 2 weeks myself, to get the boards i needed for crafting...
crafters need werewolf, motorhead, wolf, zombie loot and what do you see the hunters hunting? vixen, hodlr, exarosaur, daikiba, kool kats, kongs, haters and demon hackers

Hey Alukat123 i dont know how it is in RT actually then im not mutch there atm first i will finish some bigger questlines in Caly before i set up my tent on another Planets for a while . Here in Caly you have a set of Amps Enhancers and Weapons that can be craftet with a MU anf that be buyed by playes frequently but to build a Virtual Economy ist not enough to have one set of These like ArMatrix LR 40http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=2585 for Virtual Economy u Need diversity like a LR with same stats but a full TT of 500 ped so that u can use it over an hour or a Gun with lesser range but more damage or Speed or Maybe some enhancers ot attachments with some Points in Speed , dmg , crit hit . crit Chance , in your shops in RL you dont have just one sort of beer or clothes that is because different persons have different tastes and this is making a Economy run . same u can doo with enhancers or other addons for weapons and Armors if you want do do that but that is not MA´s way then why Change if the mones is still running .

messi91

i´m not trying ^^ but if i ´going on a bigger hunt and have the wish to "gamble" a Little before i buy a shrapnel BP and klick my 20-50 trys on 95% so i have some skills and most time enough shraps to start with the hunt .

To myself , i´m not this stupid to think that i can make some Money in this game here ill Play it for fun , i simply wanna Hunt with some Friends of mine have some fun and after some Hours of Hunting in the mid Level Areas make the calcultions and see that this "some Hours of Fun" coast another 100 or 200 $ and this is going run after run after run … you Have in this Runs lags from 1 to 5 secunds where the Player Avatar can do Nothing but the NPC enemy the full time hit you and if you have the luck that you dont die you have to heal yourself on a enemy that can possibly get killed 5 secs ago if this lag dosnt come . And the top of this is MA knows this Problems now for how Long 7 , 8 Yeas and do nothing about it because the Decay on armor and faps or if you die the port back to the near killed Mob and again to kill em wit the now recovered HP is pure Money for them. Yeah i must say atm it is hard to find joy here and Maybe its Time to find it into another Game .

Will not sink to your level and call you stupid - but did I say anything about making money? no.. I'm only mentioning the cost to play this "game" and that it's too expensive for my taste considering there are enough games out there that gives me the same joy for a lesser price. Like you mentioned as well.

Makes sense, game is getting sold and someone still have to pay for the land deed payouts + company shares. Or you think MA would give up on their returns ? There are fewer and fewer players that deposit as well. This game is past of it's glory and it will get even worse as more of it will be sold.

Correct.
Introducing the looter prof. reduced these numbers up to 7%.

IMO the return formula in loot 2.1 is:

TT return (%) = 85% (base return) + 7*(looter lvl/100) + 7*(eff/100)

So for the mid player (50 lvl looter, 85% eff) we should expect: 85+7*0.5+7*0.85 = 96.55 % tt return in long run,
but sometimes it doesn't work properly and gives me roughly 80%. Other times it works and i'm getting my returns according the formula above.

PS i'm not declaring anythng here - it's just my opinion.
I think it has to do with the level of mob you're hunting aswell. Like you dont need 100 looter profession to hunt foul. So it most likely scales with the mob which would make the mob your hunting above your looter profession which would lead to a deteriorated ped return. I've only been playing for about 2 months but that was kind of common sense.

So it is better now ? I would suggest you to quit or at least change to state where you log in once in a while to maintain account if game don't treat you well. From MA point of view, they also don't have any reason to adjust loot system as long there a lot of depositors. They might feel like its all right, when players continue to deposit.

I had one year break myself and I will do it again without hesitation if I start to feel like its not going well or game development isn't going to right direction. Latest mining changes with filling resources is good example, I sold all mining gear and I wish luck to other miners.

My guess, your looter skill is to low to hunt the level of mobs you are hunting. In my experience u need to match the mob lvl to your looter skill at the very least. My guess it works simular to evade in its effectivness, and MA have stated that if you hunt big without the skills necessary you will loose big. So back down to lower hp/lvl mobs and grind your looter skills and u will do much better.

All those free peds you picked from oil rig you thought are bonus ? :D

All those free peds you picked from oil rig you thought are bonus ? :D

Youre implying that every stack of oil dropped at rig were tagged and tracked, you give MA coders way to much credit.

But as a one-liner, it was amusing :)

I've always looked a Project Entropia in terms of this definition:

entropy is the natural decay of structure.

TT returns in general will always trend down with occasional blips where a positive return happens but those occurrences are less often than the downward trend of decay in Entropia. We are always racing against decay of our equipment and PED card via a loot system designed just to do that.

Aside from just throwing caution to the wind for fun you have to look at when, where, and what you do to gain loot and how that can positively after your returns. Loot mark up is just one of the ways to reverse decay in EU. You just can't count on pure TT return anymore to stay afloat so bankroll management is a real life skill that can help. Mindark needs to pay for things to keep the game running and add new content as well as cover player withdrawals from the system. So the system of EU as a whole will always be in a state of decay being kept afloat by our deposits and actions in the game. TT returns can be quite volatile at times and I've always adapted in some way to that feedback even if it means not playing EU.

Real life is always in this state of decay as well. Things wear out and need fixing or replaced. The decisions we make can have a positive or negative impact on our futures. Some people blindly stumble into success while others might always have to work to get by. We can count on some things to happen but there is always some uncertainty that tomorrow some event might upend your life in some way. EU sort of mimics those aspects on a simple scale so to speak.

The things you can count on in EU is there will always be decay of some sort via the main professions, TT returns are always variable from session to session, and there will always be uncertainty. I can count on one hand the times I've looted an unlimited item I could actually use in the past decade knowing that if I want something I am saving PEDs or depositing to get it. Trying new things comes with risk but you might find something that works in a positive way for a short time.

The money I've deposited, pledged, or purchased into any video game will always be considered entertainment budget first and foremost. If something comes out of it down the road then it's a bonus. Some games, including EU, have been good to me when I've decided its time to withdraw or sell internal assets and other sandbox like games their value is strictly based on the level of fun playing them. Overall the fun factor needs to be there otherwise I have better things to do with my money and time.

Last edited:
My guess, your looter skill is to low to hunt the level of mobs you are hunting.

So, everyone doing those L300+ HP shared/solo mobs is doomed to get bad returns? because nobody has that much looter skill... which begs the question, are all of the people hunting such high Mobs having utterly garbage returns?

So, everyone doing those L300+ HP shared/solo mobs is doomed to get bad returns? because nobody has that much looter skill... which begs the question, are all of the people hunting such high Mobs having utterly garbage returns?

Well we dont know how it work, to go big solo mob lvl 100 maybe u need looter lvl 60 to get full return. Also shared mob works different in my experience, better loot if u team up when ur looter is low for example on SK rextelum waves. Also for me with not that high looter level teaming up with a fapper for example have been giving me better loot the few times ive tried it.

F.e. i might have 50 looter lvl, fapper have 40, teaming up might count it as 90..

But im just talking from own experience and thinking logically about what MA actually stated that you will loose big if u hunt over your lvl. They didnt say however what is over your lvl, but i find it strange for them to say that if that mechanic doesnt exist in game.

Last edited:
sucks for sure but i think for many years many players had same issues while those that seems to hof just because they logged in told them how dumb they must or did not cycle enough, change locations etc... so now tons of people left, smaller player base so not as many lemmings to screw while letting higher level players play for free. Some ones got to pay for the salaries at MA. MA is now just milking mid and some upper level player maybe?

You talk about pre 2.0 being ok, but overall doing ok is doing great in EU. Overall to date (all years - roughly of course) are you up or down? Are you taking into account withdrawals, looted gear etc.. and even skills i guess have some value left. I never needed to track either like you - i just knew what i put in and what i lost to get an overall sense, but at your level you could have looted a 50K item and sold and withdrew - you have to account for that.

If you answered my ?s in you OP my apologies.

Maybe next year you are +more than you lost this year. I gave up hope on that but then i am no where near you level so i talk pec you talk Peds :)

Status
Back