Suggestion: Oil Rig is broken, easy fix

Vehicles in Oil Rig PVP zone or not?

• Total voters
I saw a really good video by Daisy Coldfinger where she was causing mayhem at the Rig. Where she attacked a vehicle and killed the person in it.
I guess that's how a professional goes about stuff, sees a problem & considers how it can be overcome.

It makes me wonder if those players carrying on about the unfairness of vehicles at the rig did not earn their stripes, they just bought them.

lol hmm well i always thought that a hater was some1 that has a strong dislike towards a person or persons
or a thing or things etc and would rather those people or things were not around them

so with some quick ctrl f in my browser i thought id list these :

post 1> simple fix is to make the entire oil rig PVP zone a "No Vehicle" zone!
post 5> MindArk, PLEASE consider making the oil rig PVP zone a NO Vehicle zone!!!
post 17> The cost to kill a vehicle right now is far too expansive
post 18> indeed, vehicles should NOT be allowed in the oil field and 50 meters all around.
post 54> They should block flying vehicles

I think you don't understand what kind of problem we're talking about here.
And yet it's been explained many times.

Again there is no "vehicle hater" here, the problem is not the vehicles themselves but the way they are used in a particular place.

So as I said before, there would be a lot of solutions, so that this place becomes again what it is supposed to be at the beginning, that is to say a place where people fight in PvP, and not making mob-trains non-stop and just stay hidden in vehicles, which makes the game completely absurd.

But since everyone knows that MA rarely takes players' opinions into account, and that they are extremely slow, indeed, the most efficient and quickest solution would be to ban vehicles on and around the oil field.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
I saw a really good video by Daisy Coldfinger where she was causing mayhem at the Rig. Where she attacked a vehicle and killed the person in it.
I guess that's how a professional goes about stuff, sees a problem & considers how it can be overcome.

It makes me wonder if those players carrying on about the unfairness of vehicles at the rig did not earn their stripes, they just bought them.

I don't mean to be mean, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And it's quite annoying to see people constantly giving their opinions on subjects they don't know anything about, and which basically they don't even care about...

Let me give you an example of what's going on all the time at the rig.

Last night, I was bored, and I went there.
It was very quiet, as usual, there were only 3 people quietly collecting Dollars in the form of pixelated oil cans... :beerchug:

These 3 people are 3 noobs, no skill, no equipment, nothing.
I killed all 3 in one shot with my tiny gun... (Saving my real weapons for real combat.)

So far so good, that's what this place is supposed to be...

Less than a minute later, the rig was covered with 10 Daspletor, and 3 Sleipnir (whith the 3 noobs inside :)).

How do they cover the rig whith mobs so quickly ?
Actually, the mobs are already there stored under a platform, ready to use.
(they used to do the same thing with the big Trox before)

They stand on the rig, shoot the mob with the noob rocket launcher that costs few PEC to use, and when the mobs arrive on the oil field they jump into their Sleip.

When the Pkers are gone, they fly on the roof (the platforms are high up).
Shoot the mobs from up there, which are pulled under the same platform where the players are of course unreachable.
When it's done he jumps into the Sleip, so the mobs stay there, where they are stored, and ready for the next time. :wtg:

By the way, it's strictly forbidden to hunt while shooting mobs from a place where you can't be reached.
And it is also forbidden to hunt with a Sleip.
They do both, but since they don't kill the mobs, it may not be forbidden, in my opinion it's debatable...

That's exactly the rig today, that's what it became...

So I actually started to destroy their vehicles, but it's very expensive, as they come back non-stop in less than a minute.
In the meantime I don't even have time to take any oil.

And anyway, in 5 minutes, there will be 1 drop of oil, which will make me 3 PED.
While in the meantime I should have destroyed 3 Sleipnir at least 5 times, which is at least 450 HP x 15, I'll let you do the math... (and there were only 3, sometimes they're much more)

Basically if you want to take oil the way it's supposed to happen (fighting), you'll have to spend 30 PED to take 3 PED of oil.
And this because of total noobs who are unable to fight, and these same noobs are the ones getting all the free $ at the end..

So this is obviously completely ridiculous and absurd.
This is not at all what this place was supposed to be, and what it's become is a disgrace. :wise:

Well here is my opinion for what it is worth :)

They must have had some skill in that they were able to neutralise you pretty effectively.

You did not want them collecting oil as you considered them unworthy (lacking skills etc etc). So you "removed" them.

And Good Heavens they came back & removed you - they "trumped your ace" as it were.

Cirrus you need to think "What am I at the Rig for? If its just to collect oil then those noobs have just as much right as you have.
If you are there PvP you may need to consider what tactics you could use - just continually shooting up a Sliep does sound a bit retarded - even I knowing nothing as you reckon can see that :D

Maybe you should think "What would Daisy Coldfinger do?"

I don't mean to be mean, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And it's quite annoying to see people constantly giving their opinions on subjects they don't know anything about, and which basically they don't even care about...

Let me give you an example of what's going on all the time at the rig.

Last night, I was bored, and I went there.
It was very quiet, as usual, there were only 3 people quietly collecting Dollars in the form of pixelated oil cans... :beerchug:

These 3 people are 3 noobs, no skill, no equipment, nothing.
I killed all 3 in one shot with my tiny gun... (Saving my real weapons for real combat.)

So far so good, that's what this place is supposed to be...

Less than a minute later, the rig was covered with 10 Daspletor, and 3 Sleipnir (whith the 3 noobs inside :)).

How do they cover the rig whith mobs so quickly ?
Actually, the mobs are already there stored under a platform, ready to use.
(they used to do the same thing with the big Trox before)

They stand on the rig, shoot the mob with the noob rocket launcher that costs few PEC to use, and when the mobs arrive on the oil field they jump into their Sleip.

When the Pkers are gone, they fly on the roof (the platforms are high up).
Shoot the mobs from up there, which are pulled under the same platform where the players are of course unreachable.
When it's done he jumps into the Sleip, so the mobs stay there, where they are stored, and ready for the next time. :wtg:

By the way, it's strictly forbidden to hunt while shooting mobs from a place where you can't be reached.
And it is also forbidden to hunt with a Sleip.
They do both, but since they don't kill the mobs, it may not be forbidden, in my opinion it's debatable...

That's exactly the rig today, that's what it became...

So I actually started to destroy their vehicles, but it's very expensive, as they come back non-stop in less than a minute.
In the meantime I don't even have time to take any oil.

And anyway, in 5 minutes, there will be 1 drop of oil, which will make me 3 PED.
While in the meantime I should have destroyed 3 Sleipnir at least 5 times, which is at least 450 HP x 15, I'll let you do the math... (and there were only 3, sometimes they're much more)

Basically if you want to take oil the way it's supposed to happen (fighting), you'll have to spend 30 PED to take 3 PED of oil.
And this because of total noobs who are unable to fight, and these same noobs are the ones getting all the free $ at the end..

So this is obviously completely ridiculous and absurd.
This is not at all what this place was supposed to be, and what it's become is a disgrace. :wise:

Yep. Same experience as well. Certain group and their overlord controls rig these days.

They try to beat you only by making you spend as many peds as possible to kill them. This is easy for them because some have UL vehicles and all work in tandem to try and extract as much cost as is possible. They kill most all of the other noobs that come to the rig that don't fit in with the squad and have nearly monopolized oil rig. They have enough members in this squad to constantly come back with vehicles over and over again endlessly. They drag mobs from outside the zone all the time. I have tried to hunt Ashi spawns of Dasp many times, only to find there is only 1 or 2 dasp left. It pisses me off so I go to the rig on purpose at times to exact righteous revenge, although it usually costs me 500 peds or so to really put a hurt on them. They let me know entire time how many peds I am wasting. Also if you try and kill a dasp stalker while at the rig, said overlord will use this opportunity to pelt you with his high tier jungle stalker, so that you have high dmg always hit mob with extra pepper.

Please MA get rid of vehicles from RIG, at least create a large bubble around it that cannot have any vehicles inside. Also at some point you had a policy where dragging mob spawns from outside of pvp zone were not allowed. This is happening nonstop. I would love to watch said overlord run into invisible bubble while dragging mob train and die to his own mobs.

what it comes down to i think is there are generally 2 sides trying to monopolize and control the free oil at the oil rigs

the purist foot soldiers> these are the kind that strongly think the rig belongs to them as they have invested tons of peds into chipping in their skills and investing in expensive pvp armor and guns etc and cycle more peds in general and expect all must do the same as them or frankly get lost ur not welcome here kind of attitude lol

they also seem to prefer to kill less skilled and lesser equipped players than themselves rather than fight others
on the same level playing field as them or better

now the other side

the noobs or vehicle users> these players may not be as wealthy as the purist foot soldiers but some have spent a decent amount of ped into bigger pvp vehicles, some do use them how they are supposed to be used
but some also use them to mob train with or escape or even troll with, reminding their attacker of what they are spending lol

fun fact, did u know that there is more to warfare than guns and bombs and vehicles? infact attacking a enemies finances , resources and economy and using ones surroundings can be highly effective just as it can be in real life

anyways what im saying is it seems to come down to is peds, as ive pointed out the difference between pvp players is too vast and unbalanced and feels like it is literally ped vs ped rather than player vs player, so ofc the less rich less skilled newer players are going to use what they can to try and balance the fight, and it obviously does work hence why some of the purist foot soldiers are so mad about vehicles and want them gone

if the vehicles are gone like they want then it means they are now back in control of the rig taking the free oil effectively pricing out the other players

the way it was b4 the noobs and vehicle users took over wasnt any better either, infact it was worse, no pvp actually going on with those that had good armor and guns, they would tend to just stand there in an apparent truce and kos any others they considered not worthy and had no right to be there, this at least is what i tended to witness on a frequent basis, sometimes shot on sight sometimes scanned 1st and the classic statement in caps RIG CLOSED after i was killed infact as i recall i had to have a certain agility level or above and i might...be permitted to stay there and not be killed lol

i had heard rumors back then that an uprising was planned to take ashi rig from the ubers, and i didnt believe it was possible at 1st but clearly it worked and now i can actually go there and not get killed that often lol

but also i think neither way is right , pvp as it is now is broken and not pvp nor is it rewarding enuff considering how costly it can be to invest and pvp,

i know this doesnt compute with rich game companies wanting to make money and rich investor type players, they just dont seem to understand what player vs player is meant to be, they think its ped vs ped the person who pays and invests the most should win.. period.end of story,

i know this is a rce game but some tend to forget what the purpose of a game is, which is for players to have fun playing, to me i think there should be better balance in the game so regardless of whats invested u get the rewards and level of competition that is equal to ur level and investment, encouraging u to progress and invest more and not feel discouraged when heavy investors or 10yr veterans with gear worth thousands of peds stomps a mud hole in u b4 uve even had a chance to get to know and play the game sending a clear msg u have no chance in hell nor will u ever unless u win the lottery lol

so my question is is it really more about who gets to get and control the free oil? or do people actually care about fair competition and pvp? what peds i got is betting on the 1st lol

for those that are truly competitive and love pvp cost shouldn't matter and should want to compete against each other on a level playing field not just 1 shot pop weaker / newer players

if i am in any way incorrect or wrong about what i am saying then prove me wrong, i only wish i had started recording my videos alot sooner to back up what i say, proving how it was back then and how things were as i witnessed

since playing ive seen many more experienced players trying to cheat and bully new players in some way ive had it from day 1, space and land some telling me how i must play and who im permitted to associate with and from day 1 ive always been defiant and as nice as possible tell em to feck off lol

i will play how i want and associate with who i want, just cos u may spend more money than me it doesnt mean u own the game and the players in it

anyways ive tried to share my thoughts and tried to offer constructive feedback and possible solutions to try and address some of the problems and make pvp better and more enjoyable for every1

some ofc dont seem to understand what im trying to say or where im coming from, thinking im stupid and clueless and have no idea what im talking about, im beginning to feel like im talking to a wall and wasting my time here feeling like i have to keep coming back trying to explain, defend or justify myself, ive said all i think of that needed saying and im really not interested in arguing with twits trying to bait me into arguing with them when they try to belittle and insult me, i will ofc check in from time to time seeing if any others have anything constructive and possibly helpful to say

If majority wants the possibilty to do mob trains to the rig changed, well either move the
rig to an island, or put some water around the excisting one.

I wanted the rig to go to the underground for years, with some changes to how we get
the oil. There should be some terminals we interact with, as soon as we are connected
we start to get droplets of oil (yes yet another idea I wanted to see that ores and enmatters
are in 1/100 of todays size).
No need for an instance, just a huge cave. If Ark devteam can create it so should Caly
devteam also being able to create caves.
When we are connected to terminal we can't fight back. Requires more team play but not
a must though. Solo players can still get oil.

yes we do.

All I see here is some whining PK-ers who only can shoot noobs at the rig and don't go to the real PVP area's instead.
And why do these so called "ubers" go to the rig? yes, to get some measly oil peds. thinking they are the sole owners of that oil well with free ped.

And now they're being outsmarted by some noobs. :laugh:
All crying that it now costs to much to kill the noobs and that they spend all the time to shoot vehicles instead of picking up free oil.

So sad. Really, I really feel sorry for you that some noobs outsmarted you.

Now, instead of crying to MA to cater all your needs you could also think of a way to outsmart the noobs again so you can get on top again.

Good luck thinking that one over!

i cant believe i over looked this but considering how large an area caly rig pvp is why is it that the spot where u can get the oil so so so small?? its pretty much an open invitation for some1 to try to come and just stand there all day picking oil lol

i did just come up with a cool idea that even miners and crafters might like

the idea is there would be a compound with say a few oil rigs or ore rigs ect and these slowly churn up oil ores etc and for a time this area is not pvp u can mine there and collect the resources but u cannot leave the area with them at least not yet ;]

instead u must store them in 1 of the many warehouses in the compound, locks can also be crafted to try and secure them, then when pvp begins u must defend ur warehouse, if u have teamed up then the loot in the warehouse is contribution shared, should another player or team break into ur warehouse they can take the loots and the loots shared depending on contribution

once the pvp time has ended the loots can then be taken out of pvp compound zone

the times can be random for each day giving those that live in differing time zones a chance

entropia_2020-05-09_02.27.04.jpg

entropia_2020-05-16_04.15.22.jpg

I am not picking oil or killing other players but still the mob trainers affect my game play.
When i choose to mine in pvp i accept that i can get killed by other player not by bunch of mobs brought by a noob mob trainer.
They are also affecting the players who want to hubt those mob cause they are taking those mobs away from their original spawn.

So yeah disabling vehicle should fix this.

ok so im looking at the screenshots i do indeed see mob trains however they dont even appear to be messing with your play u seem relatively save where u are

but my 1st thought was, what would i do if it were me that was mining? .. simple get in my sleip and wait for the train to pass since its clear im not the intended target... but wait... thats not possible cos u cant, unless its changed u can drive or fly into into the pvp zone but u cant spawn a vehicle in the pvp zone itself once u are inside of it

but the answer to the solution of mob trains is right there, right in front of every1, and they all missed it

mobs cant agro on air vehicles but they can with land vehicles so the solution is pretty obvious and thats to not ban vehicles, but to make it so mobs cannot follow land vehicles just like it is with air vehicles, problem with mob training solved this could easily be done in a following update and wouldnt take that long to change the properties for land vehicles so mobs cant hit them like air vehicles

yw lol ;]

and just for fun if vehicles are removed lets make the rig lootable, i bet then u will wish u could use vehicles when its u the miners that are now also targets lol

come to think of it we dont have any rigs anywhere in all of entropia that is in lootable right?

maybe they could even open up the little rig again letting people fight how they like for far less valuable oil drops

so if u want the big rewards then u need to take the big risks im sure lootable pvpers would love to have a rig in lootable so i think ashi should be the lootable rig with the higher value oil drops and orthos the crappy low value drops and on ark i think they could put 1 up in pvp 4 up in the snow or something

i should probably ask mind ark for a job or something with all the solutions ive been offering, do u know how hard it is to problem solve and try to please every1 while trying to keep the game balanced and fair? lol

my prediction is if vehicles are banned then it will be a vip club again with bored rich pvpers waiting to shoot noobs making even more money selling the free oil they pick

entropia claims to be free to play so if thats going to happen then mind ark needs to do more making more daily content available to the free and low depositing players cos there really isnt alot any player can do unless they deposit. soo when u are forced to deposit to do anything then isnt that paying a subscription to play anyway?lol

some are complaining that there isnt a decent playerbase, well what do u expect when new and even old players end up leaving thru either boredom, intimidation, or frustration, i almost uninstalled entropia in the 1st few days cos i thought it was bugged, even more so when i later realized other players were intentionally out dps ing me kill stealing the mobs i was trying to shoot or trying to scam me, the people i mostly encountered seemed to be like that or scammers and desperate aggressive sellers bugging me out with trade requests without even asking lol

fortunately i stuck it out and thought maybe it was just a bad day or time, i imagine not all entropians are like this lol so i stuck it out and explored other planets where i met friendly nice people, its cos of these nice friendly people i met that i chose to stay in entropia and try to give it a fair chance but otherwise i would be long gone

not all of my journey was nice tho sometimes i encounterd control freak bullies trying to intimidate me telling me how to play and who not to associate with both in space and land, some trying to foce me out of hunting areas spinning some bs that i would have to wait my turn till the hunter there was done then i may go in and hunt,
or others kos me cos of the company i kept or kos me stating an area was closed such as rigs or temples

its not the 1st time and wont be the last when i find my self sometimes asking the question, why do u play this game and continue to stay? it seems to be full of greedy cry baby control freak assbutts lol .. but then i remember the fun times ive had playing and the interesting nice fun people ive met that have helped me when i was down and low on peds on occasion, and ive helped them right back in what ways i could ;]

this game has the potential to be a tripple-a title and be a household name like facebook etc lol but its held back and needs to change, not just to suit the rich investor but for all players so that all can get involved and enjoy their adventure and grow in entropia universe

i get this game can be competitive but bullying and hatred shouldnt have any place in any games imo

as usual some may like what ive said and some.....hmmm...not so much lol

have fun guys n gals

JJ ;]

It's pvp , its not for everyone.

Mining in pvp is difficult at times

Hunting in pvp can be difficult

Picking oil can be quite challenging for new players and veterans at times.

The rig is working as designed , or there would not be a crowd there every day.

Not everyone will enjoy this area , which is why there are plenty of other areas to play.

No need to fix what is not broken.

thats another thing also

like it or not noobs being there at the rigs and doing mob trains or using vehicles or whatever gives pvpers something to hate and shoot

this is good cos rig gets tons of traffic, oil is picked and cycled, and peds is spent and cycled also on decay to vehicles weapons armor etc, as pvpers try to put the pain on noobs and the noobs try to put the pain on pvpers

if some got their way and vehicles were removed then i can almost guarantee u that there will be far less traffic to the rig and less spending from the ubers as it would then cheaper to stand and pick oil 1 shoting the noobs assuming any noobs even bother to show up anymore and they will be sure to spend less than they pick selling what they pick to make themselves even richer and fund their 1 shot shots to noobs should they show up lol

and thats why some think its fine as it is and maybe mind ark thinks the same, they want conflict at the rigs and people to fight over the oil, not pander to the whims of this group or that group to make pvp easier and more likeable to them to suit their preferences

and as for mobs being pulled from their original location im sure they can find their way back or get killed by those at the rig and even encourage more to go to the rig to hunt the mobs after all its not like people dont know where they went is it lol, and is the re spawn system and mob ai really so bad it cant cope when a few mobs are moved and killed somewhere else?

like some others have said its not meant to be easy and if u really do want to pvp there are plenty of other pvp areas to pvp where real pvpers will fight u,

so lets get real its really about who gets to get the free oil and control it, if u are going to the oil rig then u are going for the oil, as for hunting and mining the pvp area in ashi is huge with plenty of mineable land and mobs to kill, and guess what even players, if it really is pvp u are after kill the miners also, ;]

miners id imagine would be a better target as they are more fun to try and find searching for ur prey and cos they are mining chances are they are probably not using vehicles so they cant use them to escape or mob train and if they are trying to extract a claim then they must fight pvpers who are trying to stop them from doing so ;]

they are in pvp right and most of u claim to go there for pvp fun rigghht? lol

so cut the bs im not fooled and can see things for what they really are and what some are trying to do and im sure that there are plenty of others that can see it too ;]

banning vehicles would be harmful to level of activity at the rig and fighting over the oil, u would just wind up with tin statues standing at the pump 1 shoting the rare noob that might show up or maybe a tumble weed lol

so after much thought and consideration from all sides and things i can think of ive come to the conclusion like it or not until there is a drastic re balancing of how pvp works in general so that its more balanced and fair, things are fine as they are, and the war rages on between the noobs and the ubers, and peds and oil is spent and cycled

pvp is not meant to be bent to suit the whims of players its meant to be hard and competitive and no pvper can dare say that even in so called proper pvp pvping other pvpers that no cheating at all takes place, i know for a fact its bs aim bots for starters, use of large pets, pills need i go on? lol

so best suggestion is stop being whiny bitches and just get on with it, or go do something else, no1 is making u go to the rig at gunpoint lol

so if u are getting too stressed and frustrated in pvp and cant afford to shoot a few sleips or other vehicles or evade the odd mobtrain or so perhaps the rig and pvp is not the right place for u even tho it is a huge pvp area and the oil part of it is quite small especially the area where oil spawns lol and noobs at the oil part are not the only players in pvp that can be shot at ;]

and for ur information i do go to oil rigs so i do know what really happens there and so what if i go slightly off topic now n then i can already tell that u are not a very nice person and plenty of other words i could find to use but wont lol i mostly have been at ark rig but have also visited other planet rigs also and i admit i have even done some trolling as well as killing true i dont visit caly rig often but i have been there and some failed to try and kill me i even got a global on a atrox there 1 time and even danced on the rig pump lol ask around and ul have ur proof and mixed opinions of me lol ;]

and why am i even explaining myself to a person that not only seems to be a bit of a *** but also seems too afraid to link their ingame avatar name to their pcf forum name lol

dont worry im probably too noobish for u anyway and im sure there are plenty more that uve insulted or been rude to that would love to shoot u in pvp if they actually knew who u are ingame me im not scared or intimidated by any1 but seems u might be lol
so any further comments from this person i wont even bother reading il just skip to the next person ;]

Last edited:
Why would any of you have to go alone after the noobs anyways?just team up.get 50 ped explosives and few noob launches.3 man team on the oil spawn with swords and one on the platform to drag the mobs from oil field.if u want to win do as they do.iv done this many times with few of my friends to noobs and skilled alike and it was fun.if u want to make a stand make sure to be there regularly and most will go back to sweating a few will remain.can any of u remember cloud and his gang?man he and his crew was giving hell to most of the so call big shots back then.i know he was killed many many times and he was a icon at rig.how many post were posted on pcf asking him to be banned for mob
training?so post like this is nothing new and either u team up or just move along.personaly rig is a place of drama nothing else.there is no one stopping any of you guys to go in with ur friends right?why would u need to kill anyone to grab oil?those noobs are just organised well if they are being targetted thats it.it will never be a place like where WSS and Entropy ruled so dnt like it just stay away from it.

Don't go full ad hominum Cirrus, you only weaken your case. I think you are better than that.

You may be surprised to know this but most players find both camps, PvPers & mafia equally irritating.

It seems to be a disagreement/battle on a wide range of fronts. One of them is propaganda. Those "noobs" have not needed to say anything - they have left it to you and your side to keep shooting yourselves in the foot with your "Bawww Mommy MA change the rules to give US an advantage cause its just too much trouble for US to do anything"

Also did it occur to you that your shooting those players & blowing up their ships may well be disheartening to them. That their "Ha Ha Epic Fail blowing my ship up & making me travel back 2 rig when I should be picking up oil" may be just hollow words - inside their hearts may have been breaking.

You could have said "Hey I enjoy the sound of your ship blowing up & I like shooting you, keep it up, the skills you are earning may go towards the oil you are missing" but instead you had to come here complaining and telling everybody that it hurt you - you made their day & showed them their strategy was working.

I don't hate PvP I just don't like being killed for weak reasons. Nor do I like having to compete with an organised gang of players cooperating against me (and any other outsider to them).

Just reading different posts here, it occurred to me that there are several ways you can strike back very effectively against that mafia - I wont tell you what they are as you reckon I know nothing about this.

I will say this thou you have taken the stand of just one against an organised many - maybe cooperation & planning would help you - Sort of think like a true PvPer. Treat it as a Land Grab with Benefits :)

[Response to deleted post]

It seems to be a disagreement/battle on a wide range of fronts. One of them is propaganda. Those "noobs" have not needed to say anything - they have left it to you and your side to keep shooting yourselves in the foot with your "Bawww Mommy MA change the rules to give US an advantage cause its just too much trouble for US to do anything"

Couldnt have said it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vehicles need to go..

If I had it my way it would be exactly how it used to be in the old days.. no vehicles.. no tp chips.. no silly giant structure.

• Love
LOL, just LOL. So this gang got creative and conquered the turf from another gang of self-styled overlords who thought they're entitled to reign just by their own definition of what "proper pvpers" should be. LOL some more. And even at the torture it must cause to be offered an opinion from some who want no part in it other than the occasional spectator. LOL.

The only time I would get mad over anything to do with this is when MA became weak to their whining and committed the cardinal sin of shrinking ancient pets. Because this had consequences well beyond, destroying both value and trust. You can still roll it back, like you thankfully did in space.

And one more, LOL.

Also I think the way the radar is in oil rig. It should also be the same in lootable. Make it alot riskier and challenging. Kinda lame knowing when someone comes in radar range.

Vehicles need to go..

If I had it my way it would be exactly how it used to be in the old days.. no vehicles.. no tp chips.. no silly giant structure.

yeah, just roll back entropia 15 VU's and all is good again.

:thumbup:

Please stay on topic for the thread while discussing, and remember that insults/flaming, personal disputes and such are not allowed on this forum.

I'll chip in.

I spend almost every single day at the rig, almost always doing PvP.

Therefore I totally understand the frustration caused by vehicles, whether it be mob training or otherwise.

Especially if somebody brings a UL Pitbull for example, they know they will be able t escape before their vehicle is blown up. Despite this, I still think vehicles should be allowed. It adds another dynamic to PvP, whether it is vehicle to vehicle combat, or just blowing them up from the ground.

It's what makes PvP more interesting personally, of course it can be abused, but the point of the rig is that it is a no rules fuckfest.

- Baron

I'll chip in.

I spend almost every single day at the rig, almost always doing PvP.

Therefore I totally understand the frustration caused by vehicles, whether it be mob training or otherwise.

Especially if somebody brings a UL Pitbull for example, they know they will be able t escape before their vehicle is blown up. Despite this, I still think vehicles should be allowed. It adds another dynamic to PvP, whether it is vehicle to vehicle combat, or just blowing them up from the ground.

It's what makes PvP more interesting personally, of course it can be abused, but the point of the rig is that it is a no rules fuckfest.

- Baron

welll...they dont always get away cos ul vehicles just like ul armor lose their level of protection the more they suffer on tt, so they would have to be constantly repairing them to ensure 100% protection, so keep the pressure on so they are forced to constantly pay for repairs or retreat lol

there are plenty of fun times i remember having at the rigs blowing up other vehicles with my own and people etc
and it would suck if that was taken away just cos some others use their vehicles in questionable ways that some dont like,

its not like we can shoot anything else other than people and vehicles in pvp as we cant hunt say for example larger mobs like a king kong with our cdf helicopters like in the movie which would be great fun lol

but sadly we cant we get invalid target, i dont get why tho cos i dont think its any different to any other large gun or armor used that still takes decay and costs ammo

but sadly we cant we get invalid target, i dont get why tho cos i dont think its any different to any other large gun or armor used that still takes decay and costs ammo

The game doesn't let you attack a target that can't reach you to hit back. It could possibly be implemented for mobs with ranged attacks but then it's a balancing issue again, if within current parameters of vehicle movement and attached weapons range you could keep them always at a safe distance. It was probably thought of at some point already and found a mess to get right.

The game doesn't let you attack a target that can't reach you to hit back. It could possibly be implemented for mobs with ranged attacks but then it's a balancing issue again, if within current parameters of vehicle movement and attached weapons range you could keep them always at a safe distance. It was probably thought of at some point already and found a mess to get right.

welll..ur sorta right. it is true that mobs cant hit u back if u were to attack them in air vehicle cos for some reason they dont seem to know how to hit those even when they are on the ground lol

however they can infact hit land vehicles as i found out, with weaker mobs just as it is with some armor alot of their attacks are deflected but some of the bigger mobs can dish out heavy damage to ur vehicle so i dont really see why there would be much difference in a uber with big armor using a big gun on a mob is any different to a land vehicle with a mounted gun its still more or less the same decay on weapons and armor used in this case the vehicle armor

obviously i can see the problem when a air vehicle attacks a land mob so indeed it should say illegal target so long as the mob cant actually fight back against that type of vehicle however it would be different with mobs that have ranged attacks and can also fly

it would need some reworking but i do think it could be possible to hunt some mobs with vehicles under some conditions

easy fix-remove all free shit in this "not free" but only "scam game"

easy fix-remove all free shit in this "not free" but only "scam game"

errr.... u want free stuff removed from a game that u feel is a scam.. and yet u would be happier continuing to play and pay in a game u feel is scamming u? ... sorry but this is not making sense to me lol

errr.... u want free stuff removed from a game that u feel is a scam.. and yet u would be happier continuing to play and pay in a game u feel is scamming u? ... sorry but this is not making sense to me lol

It's about some IQ's, its there or not! In hes case ....... you figure it out.

Almost 3 1/2 years later and we have the first part done, NO VEHICLES at the rig!!!!

Now we need Atrox Slayers or Queens to spawn ontop of the rig!!!! And fix all the places the MOBs can get "trapped"!!!

Back