PCF Forum Migration Complete

Forum response is fast.

But, where are all my uploaded images please?

As I explained in the PCF Server Move and Migration thread posted before the migration:

• The forum Gallery will be replaced by a completely new solution powered by XenForo's official Media Gallery add-on, which offers much improved and expanded functionality compared to the current Gallery. All existing Gallery images will be migrated to the new server and will be permanently available at their current URLs.
  • The member Albums feature will become redundant by the new Media Gallery solution described above. All existing Album images will be migrated to the new server and will be permanently available at their current URLs.

All of your old images are still available at their original URLs, however the old gallery browsing software and member albums have been replaced by the new Gallery, powered by the official addon.

The Gallery feature on the old PCF server was powered by a third-party add-on to vBulletin (Photopost vBGallery), a very old add-on that was not updated or maintained for a very long time. This is one of the many reasons that the migration to XenForo was long overdue.

However, there *might* be an importer that *might* be able to convert the old third-party gallery add-on content into the new XenForo-powered gallery.
I will do my best to make that happen.

Is the messaging inbox still limited to 200 messages? (Sorry if it was mentioned and I miss it)

Excited yet terrified :) Looking forward to exploring!

Edit - omg my sig is a mess :rolleyes:

FYI: There are several forum theme options available in the footer area, including a dark theme.

index.php

• The forum Gallery will be replaced by a completely new solution powered by XenForo's official Media Gallery add-on, which offers much improved and expanded functionality compared to the current Gallery. All existing Gallery images will be migrated to the new server and will be permanently available at their current URLs.
  • The member Albums feature will become redundant by the new Media Gallery solution described above. All existing Album images will be migrated to the new server and will be permanently available at their current URLs.

Thanks.

However, I see nothing under Gallery --> Your media or Gallery --> Your albums only the message " Jas has not added any media yet. "

How should I access these migrated Gallery and Album images, please? Sorry if I am too dumb...

any tips page so far? Like a way to squash single line answers to take less space on the page, so we can read content not huge logos and sigs? So far I recommend dark mode over light!!!

Thanks.

However, I see nothing under Gallery --> Your media or Gallery --> Your albums only the message " Jas has not added any media yet. "

How should I access these migrated Gallery and Album images, please? Sorry if I am too dumb...

I have the same problem. I get the message "GeorgeSkywalker has not added any media yet. ". Furthermore some of my url's that make use of images in posts aren't visible i.e. not working probably because there isn't any image to show. For example in my morningtear castle thread linked to in my signature images aren't visible.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I get the message "GeorgeSkywalker has not added any media yet. ". Furthermore some of my url's that make use of images in posts aren't visible i.e. not working probably because there isn't any image to show. For example in my morningtear castle thread linked to in my signature images aren't visible.

As I explained above, all of the images that you uploaded to the old gallery are still on the server, at the same URLs.
You can see this is the case by viewing some old threads in the Hall of Fame section, for example (where members usually include screenshots).

However, the old gallery interface has been replaced by the new offical XenForum Media Gallery add-on.

For the moment the new gallery does not contain the data from the old gallery, such as image comments, descriptions, ratings, file locations, etc.
I am hoping to perform an import of the old gallery data using a special importer, as I explained above. This will hopefully happen within the next few days,

any tips page so far? Like a way to squash single line answers to take less space on the page, so we can read content not huge logos and sigs? So far I recommend dark mode over light!!!

Single line posts actually take up less space here than they did on the old forum.

New stuff to get used to :)

Private forums not showing?

New stuff to get used to :)

Private forums not showing?

Sounds like a permissions issue. Thanks for reporting!

Any others with access to private forums who can or cannot access those forums?

Last edited:
A few rough edges in the move to the new forum (as was to be expected) but overall, not bad!

I hope you can implement the missing features lost in translation over the next few days 711 (pictures mostly - (dont worry I read the above, no need to reply))

After a 22 hour downtime, you are entitled to have a break - so if you need one, please take one!! ;)

As I explained above, all of the images that you uploaded to the old gallery are still on the server, at the same URLs.
You can see this is the case by viewing some old threads in the Hall of Fame section, for example (where members usually include screenshots).

However, the old gallery interface has been replaced by the new offical XenForum Media Gallery add-on.

For the moment the new gallery does not contain the data from the old gallery, such as image comments, descriptions, ratings, file locations, etc.
I am hoping to perform an import of the old gallery data using a special importer, as I explained above. This will hopefully happen within the next few days,

Ok, I'm struggling to access my images. Or could it be a permissions issue on images? images are there and supposedly the same url so how do you explain the two images in opening post in following thread aren't visible?:
http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/morningtear-castle-shop.256541/

ps. i'm obviously missing something but what i can't figure out?

Not sure if you are aware but it seems like maybe the Private messages are getting shown on the Whats new page under Latest Profile Posts.

Not sure if you are aware but it seems like maybe the Private messages are getting shown on the Whats new page under Latest Profile Posts.

Those are (publicly viewable) profile page messages, not private messages.

Ok, I'm struggling to access my images. Or could it be a permissions issue on images? images are there and supposedly the same url so how do you explain the two images in opening post in following thread aren't visible?:
http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/morningtear-castle-shop.256541/

ps. i'm obviously missing something but what i can't figure out?

The images are displaying for me:

index.php

Please try to visit the https version of the same page and let me know if the images display:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/morningtear-castle-shop.256541/

**EDIT** I have now forced https for the entire website, so the images should be displaying for you. Please let me know if they are not.

Last edited:
Looking good! Can we get “Calypso Time” back at the bottom of the page pretty please? ?

A kind of reputation is still there is the form of highest reaction score, but it seems recalculated, as the old top was Mega, Oleg, JohnCapital and me, and now it's Mega, JohnCapital, Oleg, and I've crashed a dozen positions below :D

Clearly you've been found out for the imposter that you are! I will have to sort out that JohnCapital fella though, this is unacceptable :D

Any others with access to private forums who can or cannot access those forums?

I don't seem to have any trouble accessing the WoF Team England private forum. I'm a moderator there - not sure if that makes any difference.

My browser (Edge 44.18362.449.0, up-to-date Windows 10) is doing strange things when I use CTRL+arrow or SHIFT+CTRL+arrow Windows shortcuts while making a post (this post, specifically). Sometimes it works OK, but more often than not it is forcing a page refresh when I do that, for some reason.

My browser (Edge 44.18362.449.0, up-to-date Windows 10) is doing strange things when I use CTRL+arrow or SHIFT+CTRL+arrow Windows shortcuts while making a post (this post, specifically). Sometimes it works OK, but more often than not it is forcing a page refresh when I do that, for some reason.

Also happens when using other methods to select a block of text, e.g. mouse drag or SHIFT+left click

Is the messaging inbox still limited to 200 messages? (Sorry if it was mentioned and I miss it)

There are actually no longer any limits on the number of stored private messages.
Private messages are referred to as "Conversations" in the new forum software, and can have up to 5 members participating at once.

Notice the "Invite more" link in the right column when viewing a private message, which allows you to invite others to join an existing private conversation.
Alternatively, you can click on the "Start a new conversation" link at the bottom of the Inbox menu to invite up to four other members into a private conversation.

Gratz on a successful Migration, this is great.

I haven't played around much with the new forum yet but the first thing I noticed is that the tables in this forum have fewer formatting options then in the old one. I know not very many use these but I use them a lot, I think it's a great way to present information. This new forum doesn't have for example, border/no border or customizable width.

Anyway, thanks again for the forum upgrade, I imagine this was a lot of work and this is very much appreciated :)

A lot of threads in the new Blogs section are not actual Blogs and should be moved out of there...

Text color isn't working for me when editing my signature, no matter what color I pick, it just sets the text color to black...

Looks like we've lost the option to navigate to the first unread post, from the New Posts list.

(Edit - looks like it does that by default when you click on the thread title though, so should be OK, once I get used to it!)

Last edited:
Minor one - links that would previously open in a new window - e.g. in https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/index.233316/ - are now opening in the active window.

(Personally not bothered about it for that thread anyway - I would have preferred it to open in active window anyway, but never got round to changing it)

I believe external links still open in a new window (for example, the Facebook link in your signature), while links to PCF pages use the active window.

Pictures dont work - uploaded one to the gallery as a test and I have no idea where it went. My media says 'Mega has uploaded no media' which is incorrect.

There are 1700 of mine here (somewhere), maybe you should post a picture 711 if it works for you, a guide to follow perhaps because it doesnt work how it used to.

Back