PCF Forum Migration Complete

Looks like we've lost the option to navigate to the first unread post, from the New Posts list.

(Edit - looks like it does that by default when you click on the thread title though, so should be OK, once I get used to it!)

You can also get to the first unread post by clicking the "A moment ago" or "6 minutes ago" link in the search results/new posts view to automatically jump to the first unread.

If you are already viewing a thread which has new unread posts, there is also a handy "Jump to new" link in the navbar:

index.php

Pictures dont work - uploaded one to the gallery as a test and I have no idea where it went.

There are 1700 of mine here (somewhere), maybe you should post a picture 711 if it works for you, a guide to follow perhaps because it doesnt work how it used to.

I and other members are uploading new images with no problems, as you can see here:

Please try again.

My avatar isn't working. It's supposed to be a moving .gif but it's not moving anymore.

I also have a feeling it's larger than before. But maybe that's just my imagination..?

I believe external links still open in a new window (for example, the Facebook link in your signature), while links to PCF pages use the active window.

Looks like that's right for me, yes, which seems a sensible way to do it.

Text color isn't working for me when editing my signature, no matter what color I pick, it just sets the text color to black...

Nevermind this, I deleted the text and re-typed it and was able to make the changes I wanted to make...

Reactions: 711
Anyone can explain what's difference between "what's new" and "new posts" ?
I can see some threads don't appears in both, but what are the criteria ?

(PS: don't mind the question, I just found out "new post" is a sub part of "what's new". Needed time, I'm getting old.. :))

Also on the old forum you could read the beginning of the last posted messages from the home page.
It was nice.
Can we have this possibility here ?

(PS: found out it's in "latest activity", getting older and older..)

Last edited:
arrrg sorry but I really dont like it.
the old forum had flow, this one is messy

Why I have to uncheck "stay logged in" each time I login ?
Would be nice if it's uncheck by default.

I think it would be really cool if our avatar name displayed under our username when we post. Like it used to in the old forums.
:beerchug:

TEST post:

Well done, forum looks OK, compared to Arkadia forum, this one is more cleaner and easier to navigate.

I think there's a bugaboo in the SSL, or maybe just some glitch in my browser? (I deleted all cookies before this test)

1st the Secure is on the home page
index.php

Then on What's new
index.php

BUT when I mouse over the title of this (and some other) threads to preview, the What's new page becomes NOT secure
index.php

And any page I go to after that is also NOT Secure
Interestingly, the full URL of the NOT secure page is still httpS. I use the HTTPS Everywhere Chrome extension, plus I read that you made the whole forum httpS required, so should be no issues with that.
So not sure why the security is breaking.
index.php

Oh and for the record, unless I didn't notice it, seems only way to add pics is to go the pic and copy the image link from the bottom right. Kinda no fun.

Really sad. My automatic shop thread tools no more working :( Wasted time and resources...

Sounds like a permissions issue. Thanks for reporting!

Any others with access to private forums who can or cannot access those forums?
Working now - Cheers :)

I feel like we could still use a Front Page that provides us with the latest upcoming VU or patch or Arcadia Deed or Mayhem migration information. Right now we just land right in the middle of the forums. It could be better for new participants to have a start page.

Anyone else miss this?

I supose with the old Style we were more Used.

lets see how thisone goes for.

(Did try to Quote "Bella" / atm didnt figure out how to QUOTE lol) but i was like more the old style too!

First, thanks for the update, it was really time.

Second, anyone else finding it really hard to read? Everything blends together, the quotes, the replies, the signatures...

Found the issue.
Found the SSL break is coming from unsecure pics. The images are coming through as http, Not httpS.
Tried and confirmed on a different browser.

JC, if a page includes a non-https image hosted on another server (for example someone has posted in the thread with a signature image hosted elsewhere, i.e. Entropia Life), then your browser will display a non-secure or partially-secure indicator instead of the fully-secure padlock. That is why the forum display pages show as secure (no member signatures), while many threads do not.

The only solution to this would be to completely restrict images hosted on other sites, which I do not think many members would appreciate, especially for signature images.

Last edited:
Really sad. My automatic shop thread tools no more working :( Wasted time and resources...

Auktuma, please contact me via PM and let me know the issues you are encountering and I will try to resolve them.

The new software uses the same BB Codes as the old software, so I do not immediately see any reason why your tool should not work.

(Did try to Quote "Bella" / atm didnt figure out how to QUOTE lol) but i was like more the old style too!

There are two buttons at the bottom right corner of every post:
  • The "+Quote" Button is for quoting multiple posts at once.
  • The "Reply" button is for quoting a single post.
I can see how the labels might be confusing for members accustomed to labels that were used on the old PCF software.

I have changed the labels to "+Multi-Quote" and "Quote" to avoid confusion:
  • The "+Multi-Quote" Button is used to select a post to include in a reply containing multiple quotes at once.
  • The "Quote" button is for quoting a single post, and will also include quotes of any posts for which you have clicked the "+Multi-Quote" button.

Last edited:
I feel like we could still use a Front Page that provides us with the latest upcoming VU or patch or Arcadia Deed or Mayhem migration information. Right now we just land right in the middle of the forums. It could be better for new participants to have a start page.

Anyone else miss this?

I agree it would be nice to have the latest MA official threads/announcements visible in large on the homepage.

Back