Camera always behind player

• Thread starter Deleted member 24529
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24529

Hello, im wondering if there is some setting to make the camera always behind the Avatar?

Options --- > Camera ---> Untick "Unlock Freelook". When you press aim mode it will automatically go "behind the avatar".

Options --- > Camera ---> Untick "Unlock Freelook". When you press aim mode it will automatically go "behind the avatar".

This doesn't work for me anymore. It sure used to, but now it always snaps back and I can't look up/down when freelooking - only left/right. Feels like just one more thing MA broke along the way.

Yes there was once a very easy way to get the Viewpoint you wanted but then there was someone who thought he had the idea to change how viewing works in this game and while doing it he broke all working systems with it.
Like befor you could set the viewpoint you wanted extremly easy, I had it on my middle mouse button, I clicked and hold my middle mouse button, moved the mouse around my Avatar until I got the viewpoint I wanted and used that viewpoint. If I wanted to switch back to behind the avatar view I simply had to zoom fully in and out again.
Or the select next target which had also a function which was named select previous target, now you have a target switcher which most of the times not switches to all available targets, switches back and forth between only some of them and even not selects targets you can shot at from your current possition because the algorithm is so extremly bad that it does not select them when you toggle through the targets.

Yes there was once a very easy way to get the Viewpoint you wanted but then there was someone who thought he had the idea to change how viewing works in this game and while doing it he broke all working systems with it.
Like befor you could set the viewpoint you wanted extremly easy, I had it on my middle mouse button, I clicked and hold my middle mouse button, moved the mouse around my Avatar until I got the viewpoint I wanted and used that viewpoint.

Okay, thought maybe I was crazy. But yeah, it doesn't stay put anymore when I get to the view I want. It's aggravating, especially if you want to grab a cool screenshot while doing stuff lol.

This doesn't work for me anymore. It sure used to, but now it always snaps back and I can't look up/down when freelooking - only left/right. Feels like just one more thing MA broke along the way.
I believe there are 2 different buttons you can push and hold to move camera around. One stays where you let go and the other snaps back when you let go. I’m not online so can’t check the names of the 2 action buttons. Will check later this evening.
This only works with Freelook Unlocked.

I believe there are 2 different buttons you can push and hold to move camera around. One stays where you let go and the other snaps back when you let go. I’m not online so can’t check the names of the 2 action buttons. Will check later this evening.
This only works with Freelook Unlocked.

I'll give it another look. I have FL unlocked and I checked that MMB is still the 'look' button (I've never changed my KB settings, as far as I can remember). Maybe it all got changed around during an update, hmmm. A little annoying if so haha.

Hmm. Ya if you have “Unlock Freelook” Checked on, it should work.

With “Unlock Freelook” unchecked off
Hold left mouse rotates camera and stays until you move.
Hold Camera Freelook action to rotate camera but when you let go it snaps back.. unless you have “Unlock Freelook” checked to enable.

You could make Screenshots like this from a fixed Viewpoint not behind your back without it changing or you haveing to press a button while doing it, simply move the viewpoint to where you want it and it stayed there until you wanted it changed again.

You could even hunt and shoot while haveing a viewpoint behind the mob and seen yourselve strait into the face from the mobs viewpoint.

Back