Removal of Iron Challenges

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Please be advised that Iron Challenges on Planet Calypso will be disabled in the upcoming Version Update, currently scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020. Any progress in uncompleted Iron Challenges will be forfeited after the upcoming Version Update.

Also, the following Iron Challenge-style mission chains will be removed one year after the upcoming Version Update, on September 1, 2021:

• The Apprentice Leviathan Fighter
  • The Apprentice Rextelum Fighter
  • The Apprentice Traeskeron Fighter

During the one-year grace period, scoring kills on those creatures will provide progress for those missions as well as for the Codex. Mission stages already in progress will be able to be completed during the grace period, but subsequent mission stages will not be able to be started (as was done for Iron Challenges).

The Codex will now be the main hub for all hunting challenges and rewards. Future expansions of the Codex are planned to include (retroactive) attribute rewards similar to what was available in the deprecated Iron Challenges.

A similar migration from hunting missions to the Codex is planned for the Planet Partners; more information will be made available as those migrations are implemented.

Originally Posted Here

Good good.
Let's get back to grinding !
Hope I can get lucky big HOFs from the remaining Irons. (Been losing a lot grinding for remaining irons...)

Future expansions of the Codex are planned to include (retroactive) attribute rewards similar to what was available in the deprecated Iron Challenges.
I am just hoping they count the extra amount of cycle needed to complete from second repeatable to calculate the attribute reward .

Awesome! this proves that some ppl at MA have read the thread from this week about this subject, and they decided to clarify.
The extension for the 3 other mission chains is most fair.

it is possible to expand the reward for the * repeatable codex missions? we get the same reward over and over again, and some ppl have them around 40-50 repeated for the same outcome, maybe after 40 repeat or 50 repeat u guys can change the reward for next 40-50 repeat and so on?

cheers!

so, after a year, you decided to give us the next warning 5 days before you remove the missions? that's a lame.. i have at least three missions left i need to complete and need at least one month to finish them off

the best would be to expand the grace period up to the end of the year and then give one year for each two of the remaining planets..

so, after a year, you decided to give us the next warning 5 days before you remove the missions? that's a lame.. i have at least three missions left i need to complete and need at least one month to finish them off

the best would be to expand the grace period up to the end of the year and then give one year for each two of the remaining planets..

You were informed on PCF last year that the grace period will end after migration 2020.You had 1 year to finish the remaining missions you've started.
All you needed to read was posted here on pcf on Jul 20, 2019 : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-notes-20-mission-system.267641/

Last edited:

They already gave a whole year's notice and said the missions would be removed around this time of year (i.e., end of migration). No one should be acting surprised now.

Last edited:
That already gave a whole year's notice and said the missions would be removed around this time of year (i.e., end of migration). No one should be acting surprised now.

What bothers me is that this(the exact date) has been known, internally, (as evidenced by the leaked information from inofficial sources) for well over a week now. It's not unreasonable to think that it has been decided earlier. Why wasn't this post posted as soon as it was decided? Why do we have to partake in 16 different communities to ensure that we do not miss fairly crucial information?

EDIT: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...mmunity-relations-manager.271768/post-3693614

So apparently, this has been known internally since at least late May, but wasn't officially communicated until now... Great job!

Last edited:
Will each mob at rank 25 have attribute rewards for example?

Hopefully there will not be any repeatable missions that reward attributes?

They already gave a whole year's notice and said the missions would be removed around this time of year (i.e., end of migration). No one should be acting surprised now.

Furthermore, Myant confirmed it on PCF last week.

Awesome, thanks for the update! Now let's see if it clears out some of that lag‼

Personally i dont give a s*it about skill and attribute rewards, already too difficult to stay in a certain mayhem category, just improve this rapist loot 2.0 imo...

Personally i dont give a s*it about skill and attribute rewards, already too difficult to stay in a certain mayhem category, just improve this rapist loot 2.0 imo...

Make the red part green yellow part will improve

I am curious as to what they will come up with for attributes in the Codex. Would be quite cool if each repeat could yield attribute token(s) of our choice to redeem later at the Token Trader.

Really upsetting that this is becoming a habit for MA to take players progress out from underneath them. This is the second time now with caly missions.
So what now? More vaguries with how your going to handle the planet partner missions?
When? All at once? One at a time?
Because now they are undoing Planet partner work as well as players work put in...
You create a wonderful universe with multiple planets and missions that take a lot of time and dedication and money to complete. Long term missions.
Players set out in said universe and started partaking in all of these missions figuring they would have infinite time.
This allowed players to happily hop between planets, making progress as they see fit..

You know what, nevermind... i've said enough

Really upsetting that this is becoming a habit for MA to take players progress out from underneath them. This is the second time now with caly missions.
So what now? More vaguries with how your going to handle the planet partner missions?
When? All at once? One at a time?
Because now they are undoing Planet partner work as well as players work put in...
You create a wonderful universe with multiple planets and missions that take a lot of time and dedication and money to complete. Long term missions.
Players set out in said universe and started partaking in all of these missions figuring they would have infinite time.
This allowed players to happily hop between planets, making progress as they see fit..

You know what, nevermind... i've said enough

Why is this a mystery to you? Why the sudden outrage? They told you they were going to do this a year ago. Planet partners too.

Respectfully, I have this at work. I could make policy changes and put them on a giant billboard well in advance and have it follow them around. But the moment I make the change, suddenly it is if it was never done. It is like clockwork.

Stay informed.

So if I understand correctly, there is still time to go get these three?
If so, can someone tell where to get them please?

well i just finished my atrrox silver. plenty of time to advance levi to last stage and finish warrior 5k. woot.

Why is this a mystery to you? Why the sudden outrage? They told you they were going to do this a year ago. Planet partners too.

Respectfully, I have this at work. I could make policy changes and put them on a giant billboard well in advance and have it follow them around. But the moment I make the change, suddenly it is if it was never done. It is like clockwork.

Stay informed.
I've been informed and against it the whole time thanks.
The only mystery here is why MA elect to run their game the way they do.

It has nothing to do with me or my missions personally and everything to do with respecting the general pace, playstyle, general interest and happiness of all of our community.

A month wasnt long enough and a year isnt either, not the way this game is set up.

To all the replies that say they told us 1 year ago and we had plenty of time:
First off, it's a horrible idea to begin with, second I could argue 1 year isn't enough time even with so many high volume missions.
However - the main thing is that MINDARK told us this 1 year ago......
They also told us 1 million other things too many to list that would happen in such and such a time. I had zero faith they would stick to any timeline. I also think the time they mentioned was vague.
Finally, that all being said even if you claim they gave us warning - telling us the final notice 1 week in advance is shit.
DON'T WE HAVE A COMMUNITY MANAGER?!!
Whatever, screw all my progress thanks mindark way to screw us again.
pissed...

Stay informed.
Yea well I have confidence that when you say things you'll do you mean it and actually follow up with it in some reasonable time. I can't believe a flyin shit out of MA's mouth.

As always, everyone would just rather focus on the negative (what has been lost), and ignore the positive (what has been gained).

Why I was so deluded as to think that some people might actually care to enough about this extra year of Levi, Rex, Treask is beyond me...

Am I too late to jump on this train or not? That's all I want to know.

nah, there'll be too many avatars fighting for them unless they massively up the spawn or something.

As always, everyone would just rather focus on the negative (what has been lost), and ignore the positive (what has been gained).

Why I was so deluded as to think that some people might actually care to enough about this extra year of Levi, Rex, Treask is beyond me...

Am I too late to jump on this train or not? That's all I want to know.
You can pick up the Traeskeron mission and get it to the proper level easy. There is a location on the same island as the mission broker called "The Breeding Pools" [Calypso, 54459, 59775, 148, Waypoint]. They spawn in waves and there were plenty of them when I was grinding it earlier this week.

Last edited:
Back